TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zando
Trinituner Peong

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby zando » November 21st, 2022, 12:51 am

Sooo ummm I see the price of the base elantra went up to 224 and the fully loaded is 285 now I'd like to know who paying Dem prices for an elantra, for 282 I can get a Mazda cx-30 core .

tarzan
Sweet on this forum

Postby tarzan » November 21st, 2022, 9:20 am

snypaz wrote:A couple things. My Ioniq still gets 900km+ per tank on a full tank of gas. Some owners get more. Some get as low as 850km. So the cost does well for me cause I do more driving now because of work. Car on 110000+km on the odometer.

Also my new Kia Sportage, that I ordered since June, and was set to arrive in November, the sales rep is telling me now it's delayed again and now due to arrive in February. (Mind you I am seeing some on the roads but from what in understanding is most went to the south offices and persons waiting before me). I no longer feel like I want it.

Im at ansa , we have CRVs readily avaliable if you want to get one , you can get me @ 703-1590.

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » November 21st, 2022, 9:32 am

tarzan wrote:
snypaz wrote:A couple things. My Ioniq still gets 900km+ per tank on a full tank of gas. Some owners get more. Some get as low as 850km. So the cost does well for me cause I do more driving now because of work. Car on 110000+km on the odometer.

Also my new Kia Sportage, that I ordered since June, and was set to arrive in November, the sales rep is telling me now it's delayed again and now due to arrive in February. (Mind you I am seeing some on the roads but from what in understanding is most went to the south offices and persons waiting before me). I no longer feel like I want it.

Im at ansa , we have CRVs readily avaliable if you want to get one , you can get me @ 703-1590.
Have you any idea when the new Ranger will be out?

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » November 21st, 2022, 11:25 am

zando wrote:Sooo ummm I see the price of the base elantra went up to 224 and the fully loaded is 285 now I'd like to know who paying Dem prices for an elantra, for 282 I can get a Mazda cx-30 core .

apparently 10 year loans is the solution -__-

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » November 21st, 2022, 1:44 pm

zando wrote:Sooo ummm I see the price of the base elantra went up to 224 and the fully loaded is 285 now I'd like to know who paying Dem prices for an elantra, for 282 I can get a Mazda cx-30 core .
How much is the civic? Not seeing it listed on the first page anymore. Their website says starting at $329k

2NR Smurf
TriniTuner Crew

Postby 2NR Smurf » November 22nd, 2022, 6:38 pm

metalgear2095 wrote:
How much is the civic? Not seeing it listed on the first page anymore. Their website says starting at $329k
329k is correct. But ansa can't seem to get their hands on any stock to sell. I think they only managed to get 2 or 3 that sold in Jan this year.
Last time I asked (Sept) I was told none coming for the remainder of 2022, and probably not for 2023 either.

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » November 23rd, 2022, 6:15 am

tarzan wrote:

@tarzan what is the difference between the two trims of the eclipse cross?

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » November 23rd, 2022, 8:33 am

2NR Smurf wrote:
metalgear2095 wrote:
329k is correct. But ansa can't seem to get their hands on any stock to sell. I think they only managed to get 2 or 3 that sold in Jan this year.
Last time I asked (Sept) I was told none coming for the remainder of 2022, and probably not for 2023 either.
Well Elantra price doesn't seem that bad comparatively

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » November 23rd, 2022, 3:05 pm

metalgear2095 wrote:
2NR Smurf wrote:
metalgear2095 wrote:
Well Elantra price doesn't seem that bad comparatively

That "fully" loaded Elantra was 250K earlier in the year. Demand and Supply has to be the determining factor cause I'm sure it's the same mid spec without the full touch screen infotainment system.

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » November 23rd, 2022, 9:00 pm

The Type R selling for 75K USD in the states. 25K over MSRP.

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » November 24th, 2022, 9:05 am

Saw Massy has added a pick-up to the MG range called the Extender. Heard it's priced at $379,000. Comes with a 2.0L turbo diesel (hope its not underpowered for a pick-up). Either way $379K for an MG is pretty steep IMO. Anyone got a chance to peep it as yet?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 24th, 2022, 9:43 am

triniboi49 wrote:
tarzan wrote:

\

The downloadable one pager would suggest the main differences are -
Leather vs fake leather seats
Heads Up Display vs none
Panoramic Double SunRoof vs none

https://mitsubishitrinidad.com/assets/b ... 2-Back.jpg

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » November 25th, 2022, 8:42 am

Capleton wrote:Saw Massy has added a pick-up to the MG range called the Extender. Heard it's priced at $379,000. Comes with a 2.0L turbo diesel (hope its not underpowered for a pick-up). Either way $379K for an MG is pretty steep IMO. Anyone got a chance to peep it as yet?

If its that big grilled pickup then that price is interesting. It could of been around 350k to be more competitive but that's my opinion. Lets see how the market receives it because there are alot of MGs on the road rn.

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » November 27th, 2022, 2:19 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
triniboi49 wrote:
tarzan wrote:

\

The downloadable one pager would suggest the main differences are -
Leather vs fake leather seats
Heads Up Display vs none
Panoramic Double SunRoof vs none

https://mitsubishitrinidad.com/assets/b ... 2-Back.jpg

Thanks

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » November 28th, 2022, 8:22 am

Shalom Vanamson wrote:
Capleton wrote:Saw Massy has added a pick-up to the MG range called the Extender. Heard it's priced at $379,000. Comes with a 2.0L turbo diesel (hope its not underpowered for a pick-up). Either way $379K for an MG is pretty steep IMO. Anyone got a chance to peep it as yet?

If its that big grilled pickup then that price is interesting. It could of been around 350k to be more competitive but that's my opinion. Lets see how the market receives it because there are alot of MGs on the road rn.
Ummmm why is that so expensive? It's based on a Chinese truck, the LDV and that thing has awful reviews, it's underpowered and rusts like nothing else, there are people in Australia suing them for poor quality and false marketing.

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » November 28th, 2022, 3:55 pm

Its not about value for money with power and longevity. Its what our market is accustomed to and willing to pay, even for experimental brands such as MG.

People will buy it.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » November 29th, 2022, 7:30 pm

zando wrote:
Shalom Vanamson wrote:

Ummmm why is that so expensive? It's based on a Chinese truck, the LDV and that thing has awful reviews, it's underpowered and rusts like nothing else, there are people in Australia suing them for poor quality and false marketing.

Trinis dotish. We like things to be expensive for that fake impression of quality. If it was cheaper people wouldn’t want it

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » December 1st, 2022, 4:19 pm

zando wrote:
Shalom Vanamson wrote:

:lol: While all that is true alot of people in Trinbago wont see it like that and to be very honest the van does not look too bad outside and inside which may attract persons even more but I have a problem with that price is its the same with a Navara Pro 4X heck its even more than the LE. I cant see persons being drawn to that vehicle at that price point when the PROVEN Navara is the same and less according to the grade you choose. But this is Trinbago the land of Mysteries Wonders and Lostness. :wink:

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » December 9th, 2022, 12:41 pm

I saw the Kona electric.. that thing small . I cya believe 365k+ for that .. rock soo yes

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » December 10th, 2022, 9:36 am

Shalom Vanamson wrote:
zando wrote:
Shalom Vanamson wrote:

While all that is true alot of people in Trinbago wont see it like that and to be very honest the van does not look too bad outside and inside which may attract persons even more but I have a problem with that price is its the same with a Navara Pro 4X heck its even more than the LE. I cant see persons being drawn to that vehicle at that price point when the PROVEN Navara is the same and less according to the grade you choose. But this is Trinbago the land of Mysteries Wonders and Lostness. :wink:
I won't spend my hard earned money on a new brand to our market. Resale will be low and parts not readily available. The frontier really needs to upgrade the interior. Looks really dated

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » December 19th, 2022, 2:01 pm

Thread quiet …. Less demand for new or nothing interesting released lately ?

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » December 19th, 2022, 8:53 pm

New Kona, 2024 model, now there's a hybrid and ICE version so hopefully we will get all and not just the electric one for close to 400 grand , I'd say they will raise the price of the Tucson and have this start at a 260 .

On another note it would be a good Creta replacement.
Screenshot_20221219-205116__01.jpg

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » December 23rd, 2022, 5:36 pm

I'm starting to see reports of head gasket failures for the Honda 1.5t engine.
The engine components look weak compared to previous gen engines coming from Honda... And they added boost to the equation.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » December 24th, 2022, 7:35 pm

New Qashqai is the same price as the old one even though its now a 1.3T vs 2.0 ???

Isn't this the mild hybrid version and should not even have taxes on it?

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » December 25th, 2022, 2:13 pm

drchaos wrote:New Qashqai is the same price as the old one even though its now a 1.3T vs 2.0 ???

Foreign exchange
Chip availability
Equal power ?
Newer version
Dealer profit
…….. pick one or multiple .

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » December 25th, 2022, 5:24 pm

Or just simply the knowledge that trinidadians gullible and will pay whatever thr price dealers call for their vehicles

And they actually do not mind if it's on the high side because now they can consider themselves in an exclusive group

Remember when they had removed all taxes on all hybrids and imbert was angry that people could afford higher end vehicles?

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » December 25th, 2022, 8:39 pm

Being penny wise and pound foolish makes many people feel as if they are rich or they 'reach'.

To ask the price, or attempt to negotiate in their mind feels beneath them for large purchases. As the old nonsense saying goes "if you have to ask, you can't afford it." So these folks shell out whatever the dealerships tell them to.

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » December 28th, 2022, 10:19 am

PariaMan wrote:Or just simply the knowledge that trinidadians gullible and will pay whatever thr price dealers call for their vehicles

And they actually do not mind if it's on the high side because now they can consider themselves in an exclusive group

Remember when they had removed all taxes on all hybrids and imbert was angry that people could afford higher end vehicles?

Another consideration is increased price from the manufacturer, but this may be hard to confirm, unless of course you work at Massy and privy to this info. Somehow I feel Massy taking front before front take them.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » December 28th, 2022, 3:08 pm

I can see prices going up by 2000us but not the extravagant increases that we are seeing

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 28th, 2022, 10:31 pm

Foreign exchange??

You really feel Massy paying more than the official rate for US$?
Kenjo wrote:
drchaos wrote:New Qashqai is the same price as the old one even though its now a 1.3T vs 2.0 ???

Foreign exchange
Chip availability
Equal power ?
Newer version
Dealer profit
…….. pick one or multiple .

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”