TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » October 3rd, 2021, 11:28 pm

A172 wrote:
triniboi49 wrote:Why are these prices so high? Just a few years a ago the 3 series was around 400k - in 2017 I was quoted one without the maintenance package for 350k.
a G20 is a much bigger and way more modern car than those old model F30s, of course it would be more expensive as with any new model released

plus most of those F30s were 1500cc, G20 only available in 2000cc so obv more expensive

It’s only in Trinidad new model releases come with drastic price increases.

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby Shalom Vanamson » October 4th, 2021, 6:53 pm

Electric cars lets talk about them :D

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » October 4th, 2021, 10:20 pm

Well this changes things slightly. I have to adjust my 2022 vehicular strategy to include 1 of these 3 (assuming the reference in the budget is for both full electric and hybrid electric vehicles since both carry batteries?):

IMG_4613.JPG
IMG_4615.JPG
IMG_4614.JPG

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » October 4th, 2021, 10:45 pm

He was not clear. I would love to buy a model 3, maybe Massy might get the Ionic 5 - but as per normal they might price it as a Luxury car.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » October 4th, 2021, 11:25 pm

agent007 wrote:Well this changes things slightly. I have to adjust my 2022 vehicular strategy to include 1 of these 3 (assuming the reference in the budget is for both full electric and hybrid electric vehicles since both carry batteries?):

IMG_4613.JPG
IMG_4615.JPG
IMG_4614.JPG
It was most likely full electric, not hybrids, he probably know some ppl who want to buy some taycans

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » October 4th, 2021, 11:29 pm

nick639v2 wrote:
triniboi49 wrote:I’m seeing a few MGs in the wild now. In my opinion they look nice for a Chinese brand but nothing to me really stood out. But If Massy hold their prices and give the vehicle good support they may have a solid car.
Saw a black SUV today, it looked huge and quite classy. Ball is in Massy court as you said, they could hold a solid place in the market with this SUV if they don't play greedy

They already sent up the price of the ZS by $15000.00 They cant help the greed...

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 5th, 2021, 6:12 am

Called introductory pricing.

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » October 5th, 2021, 6:58 am

I believe he was referring to fully electric vehicles. He couls of included hyrbrids atleast maynn. Hopefully the new Ioniq 5 should come also Nissan Ariya. Dont see SS bringing down that Kia Ev6. Probably Volvo Recharge products Benz EQ series vehicles, BMWs i series, Audi's Etron and G tron and VWs ID products would become a thing down here. It would be interesting to see who really gets this new market going wether grey market or brand new and what would be the halo car. The grey market really pioneered the hybrid thing locally with the prius and aqua being the halo car.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 5th, 2021, 1:57 pm

There are currently no Chevy's in stock except for one Trax displayed in the showroom.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » October 5th, 2021, 3:37 pm

I suspect that I may have to remove Chevrolet from page 1. As we all probably know by now, GM pulled out of many, if not all major RHD markets, so it is not surprising to know that we have no more Chevys in stock. It would have been nice and ethical for LSM to come out and say that GM has officially exited our market but no such communication has been observed at least from my end.

This would not auger well for resale value which is in itself not impressive. Advice to all Chevy owners: sell and move on if you could.

Wolfgang123
Street 2NR

Postby Wolfgang123 » October 5th, 2021, 3:50 pm

Just out of curiosity, since the changes to the importation of fully electric vehicles, what would be the average landed cost of a tesla model 3? Basic model is around 40k us

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » October 5th, 2021, 5:49 pm

Wolfgang123 wrote:Just out of curiosity, since the changes to the importation of fully electric vehicles, what would be the average landed cost of a tesla model 3? Basic model is around 40k us

You need to look at the UK website as those models are RHD. Seeing a used 2019 Model 3 for 38K GBP

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » October 5th, 2021, 10:16 pm

Dave wrote:Called introductory pricing.

Yeah a cheap, unethical, price gouging tactic...

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » October 5th, 2021, 10:26 pm

triniboi49 wrote:
Wolfgang123 wrote:Just out of curiosity, since the changes to the importation of fully electric vehicles, what would be the average landed cost of a tesla model 3? Basic model is around 40k us

You need to look at the UK website as those models are RHD. Seeing a used 2019 Model 3 for 38K GBP

Triniboi is correct. A decent spec’d one would be around 400-450k landed.
If I can confirm that a fast charger can be installed at home with no detriment, it’s an option in the near future.
Not me and that 24hrs to charge to full with standard 220v. And there are at least 2 or 3 gas stations with electric charging capabilities; not sure at what charging power though.

@agent I didn’t know Mitsubishi was making an EV version of the Eclipse Cross

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 5th, 2021, 11:23 pm

And a Massy rep was actually proud to say so.
Gladiator wrote:
Dave wrote:Called introductory pricing.

Yeah a cheap, unethical, price gouging tactic...

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » October 5th, 2021, 11:57 pm

scotty_buttons wrote:
triniboi49 wrote:

If I can confirm that a fast charger can be installed at home with no detriment, it’s an option in the near future.
Not me and that 24hrs to charge to full with standard 220v. And there are at least 2 or 3 gas stations with electric charging capabilities; not sure at what charging power though.

Didn't mean to confuse you scotty. I misinterpreted the statement made by the Minister. I assumed being battery powered means incorporating both HEV's and EV's. The Eclipse Cross pictured is the PHEV version which I did not mind if it was to be tax exempted.

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » October 6th, 2021, 5:12 pm

https://ttec.co.tt/default/wp-content/u ... visory.pdf

PUBLIC ADVISORY
ELECTRIC VEHICLES

The following points are to be noted for charging of Electric Vehicles and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles from the electrical installation (wiring) of buildings:

1. Ensure that the building has an adequate electricity supply from T&TEC. For guidance, contact any T&TEC Utilisation Department.

2. The electricity supply available for charging these vehicles is typically 230 volts, 60 Hertz single phase. In some cases these vehicles are charged at 115 volts, 60 Hertz.

3. In cases where vehicles will be charged at 115 volts, the supply must be from a dedicated sub-circuit with an overcurrent protection device (circuit breaker) of 20 amperes, a receptacle outlet rated at 115 volts for a minimum of 20 amperes and a circuit conductor with minimum cross sectional area of 2.5 mm2 (copper). The receptacle outlet must be a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) outlet or GFCI protected.

4. Vehicles charged at 230 volts, single phase, must be supplied by a dedicated 230 volts sub-circuit with an overcurrent protection device (circuit breaker) of 40 amperes, a receptacle outlet rated at 230 volts for a minimum of 40 amperes and a circuit conductor with minimum cross sectional area of 10 mm2 (copper). In addition, the type and current rating of the receptacle outlet, circuit conductors and the overcurrent protective device (circuit breaker) must be according to the recommendations of the equipment manufacturer. The charging circuit to the vehicle must be GFCI protected.

5. All sub-circuits must comply with the requirements of the Trinidad and Tobago Wiring Code Part 1: Low Voltage Installations (TTS 171: Part1: 2015) and the relevant sections of the most recent version of the NFPA 70 National Electric Code (NEC).

6. All new electrical installations, or alterations to existing ones, must be inspected by the Government Electrical Inspectorate Division and a certificate of approval issued before the electrical installation is energised in accordance with the Electrical Installation (Building) Act Chapter 54:71 of the Laws of Trinidad and Tobago.

7. All electrical works must be carried out by a licensed wireman or by an electrician under the supervision of a licensed wireman.

scotty_buttons wrote:
triniboi49 wrote:

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » October 6th, 2021, 5:48 pm

triniboi49 wrote:

Teslas aren't the only game right now. The Asian automakers all have at least one model in production or announced. And they will be much better built and better looking too. But if ludicrous mode is your thing.....
I can see the grey dealers leading the way with adoption.

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » October 6th, 2021, 7:19 pm

Interestingly I realise that they are cheaper on the Japanese market. Saw some for 38k US and in the 40s as well. I expected them to be cheaper in the UK for example the 30k but seeing them for closer to 40 and up and thats in pounds.

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » October 6th, 2021, 8:59 pm

I think some of the MGs are all-electric.

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » October 6th, 2021, 10:13 pm

What's the review on those Jeep Compass? How much room does it have in the rear? It seems to come with a lot of tech now.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » October 7th, 2021, 1:19 am

Can't say for the 2021/2 models but when I was checking a 2020 one around mid last year (when the price was $299k). I found out that the spec we get was completely different to the north American version. Eg. In NA, they got the 2.4 engine and 9AT option. Our own has the Fiat 1.4T motor paired with a Chinese sourced dry dct and vehicle assembly is possibly India.

I left the showroom and never looked back. Glad I dodged that bullet!

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 7th, 2021, 6:39 am

Two specs, $355k & $405k

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » October 7th, 2021, 10:59 am

Actually the special intro price is $340k for longitude and $385k for limited. Both remain with 1.4t DCT combo. Difference is, leather, self parking and powered tailgate. All are FWD with no sunroof or mud guards.

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » October 7th, 2021, 5:45 pm

Both have leather just got the specs 340 and 385 1.4 T with DCT. 385 spec and all teh safety stuff.
What’s the back seat like?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » October 7th, 2021, 6:53 pm

Difficult for me to tell you that bro. You may need to check it in person or simply consider the segment it competes in and if you have any info on its competitors, the back seat size should more or less be similar.

What I’m saying is, don’t expect the backseat size and rear legroom to match a RAV4, CRV, Xtrail and Forester. Expect the Compass to be similar in size to the Corolla Cross, CX-30, Qashqai, ASX, Eclipse Cross, XV, X1, Q3 and GLA etc.

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » October 7th, 2021, 7:12 pm

Scratch that no active safety features

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » October 9th, 2021, 1:35 pm

So I see Honda advertising the new civic, checked out the brochure and they seem to just be bringing the turbo charged version in ex and vti-s forms, did not see any NA engine version, I wonder what that price would be considering the turbo version now is what? 280? We might be paying over 300 grand for a fully loaded civic now, at least based on what I'm seeing thats the expected price point?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » October 10th, 2021, 12:55 am

Zando, you’re on point! If you could recall, a few years ago, back when Classic Motors sold the 9th gen Civic brand new, they offered 2 models. A 1.6 and a 1.8. Only a few of the latter was ever imported which can be identified easily because those VTi-S versions came with a sunroof. The price then with the In One package was IIRC, $296k. With the advent of the 11th gen Civic, I won’t be surprised if the fully loaded cracks the $300k territory.

New Honda’s are positioned for higher income persons locally so as a pseudo compact luxury car, for some, $300k for a car that does 0-100kmph in the 7 - 8s range is not bad.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » October 10th, 2021, 1:49 am

agent007 wrote:Zando, you’re on point! If you could recall, a few years ago, back when Classic Motors sold the 9th gen Civic brand new, they offered 2 models. A 1.6 and a 1.8. Only a few of the latter was ever imported which can be identified easily because those VTi-S versions came with a sunroof. The price then with the In One package was IIRC, $296k. With the advent of the 11th gen Civic, I won’t be surprised if the fully loaded cracks the $300k territory.

New Honda’s are positioned for higher income persons locally so as a pseudo compact luxury car, for some, $300k for a car that does 0-100kmph in the 7 - 8s range is not bad.
I feel at that price point I might end up looking at an Audi A3 1.8t instead or maybe a bigger car like a Mazda 6 or a cx-30, but that's just me, but waiting to see what price they call now for the base model, I really want to see where they gonna start it.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”