TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Removal of Vehicle Import Age Limit

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nismo tuned
Riding on 13's

Removal of Vehicle Import Age Limit

Postby nismo tuned » May 16th, 2024, 1:11 pm

Fellas, would yall vote for ah electoral candidate that would push for the removal of the 5 year vehicle age limit for importation? Meaning basically you can import any vehicle you want once it can pass ah general inspection (minus emissions testing). Ah studying to run :lol:

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Removal of Vehicle Import Age Limit

Postby j.o.e » May 16th, 2024, 1:36 pm

nismo tuned wrote:Fellas, would yall vote for ah electoral candidate that would push for the removal of the 5 year vehicle age limit for importation? Meaning basically you can import any vehicle you want once it can pass ah general inspection (minus emissions testing). Ah studying to run :lol:

Nah will flood the road with rubbish. Maybe allow a one time purchase with higher taxes for an enthusiast.
With the tax added it will deter people from bringing a sheit load of b15

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » May 16th, 2024, 2:24 pm

I say go back to six years . Allow the small to get a good car at a reasonable price

nismo tuned
Riding on 13's

Postby nismo tuned » May 17th, 2024, 1:16 pm

j.o.e wrote:
nismo tuned wrote:Fellas, would yall vote for ah electoral candidate that would push for the removal of the 5 year vehicle age limit for importation? Meaning basically you can import any vehicle you want once it can pass ah general inspection (minus emissions testing). Ah studying to run :lol:

Nah will flood the road with rubbish. Maybe allow a one time purchase with higher taxes for an enthusiast.

For real, that's a good idea. The thought randomly came into my head about what car I'd get if there were no restrictions. R34 was always the answer but with that JDM tax sending prices into the almost unaffordable region I would probably be watching something like ah CT9A or even a GT-Four Celica :twisted:

deltagulf
Ricer

Postby deltagulf » May 21st, 2024, 1:49 am

j.o.e wrote:

I'm worried that flooding the roads with older vehicles could lead to more pollution and safety issues. Older cars tend to have higher emissions and may lack modern safety features, which could make our roads less safe and harm our air quality

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”