TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

CALLING ALL DRAG RACERS..COME AND LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD!!

Somewhere where to run?

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

gt-foure
Street 2NR

CALLING ALL DRAG RACERS..COME AND LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD!!

Postby gt-foure » July 31st, 2010, 7:21 pm

"MY FELLOW RACERS FOR TO LONG TIME WE HAVE BEEN WITHOUT A RACE TRACK, WE HAVE BATTLING WITH SMART MEN,CORRUPT NSO'S AND UNSCRUPULOS PROMOTERS, THEY ARE ALWAYS TRYING TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF US.THEY HAVE MADE US TAKE A SIDE LINE AND OUR BELOVED DRAG MACHINES COLLECTING DUST UNDER THE SHED".I FOR ONE AM FED OF THIS sheit JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE, THATS WHY INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING AND WAITING FOR SOMONE ELSE TO DO SOMTHING ABT IT I'M NOW INVITING EVERYONE TO A NEW MOTORSPORT MOVMENT.THIS NEW GROUP I'M TALKING ABT IS CALLED TRINIDAD & TOBAGO UNITED DRAG RACERS ASSOCATION OR TTUNDRA.THIS NEW GROUP HAS NO AFFILATION TO TTASA,AUTOSPORT,SPEED PROMOTION OR ANY OTHER CLUB, WE ARE A SOLE ENTERTY RUN BY THE RACERS,GOVERNED BY THE RACERS AND FOR THE RACERS.THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS GROUP IS IN OUR NAME ITSELF, IF WE WANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY BY THE MINISTER OF SPORT AND THE GOVERNMENT WE NEED TO COME TOGETHER AS ONE IN ORDER TAKE THIS SPORT FOWARD.I CANT GET INTO ALL THE DETAILS BUT HERE'S A BREIF RUNDOWN OF WHAT WE'RE ABT, OUR GROUP HAS WEEKLY COMITTE MEETINGS AND 1 GENERAL MEETING MONTHLY,WE WILL BE REGISTERED IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS AND BY THEN OUR BY LAWS AND RULES WILL BE OUT AND MEMBERS CAN NOW BE REGISTERED.OUR POJECTIONS SO FAR ARE TO OBTAIN 10,000 SIGNATURES FOR A PETITION,CURB THE ILLEGAL STREET RACING, SET UP MEETINGS WITH THE MINISTRY,MATT AND TTASA VERY SHORTLY TO PUT FOWARD OUR POSITION AND ANYBODY CAN COME TO THESE MEETINGS MEMBER OR NOT WE WANT TRANSPERANCY AND A SENSE OF AWARNESS AS TO WHATS HAPPENING.WE NEED AS MUCH MEMBERS AS POSSIBLE TO FIGHT AND SECURE THE FUTURE FOR MOTORSPORT IN T&T BECAUSE AS IT STANDS WE CANNOT DEPEND ON HANDOUTS AND IRRATE NSO'S, IN NUMBERS WE WILL HAVE A SAY AND YOU'ALL WILL FINALLY HAVE A VOICE AND REPRESENTATION.THE NEXT GENERAL MEETING IS CARDED FOR SEP 1ST 2010.

sparky
3NE 2NR for life

Re: CALLING ALL DRAG RACERS..COME AND LET YOUR VOICES BE HEA

Postby sparky » August 2nd, 2010, 3:45 pm

I sparky will be there God willing, I want to extend an invitation to all street drag racers and supporters to this meeting.

boost-infestation
Street 2NR

Postby boost-infestation » August 2nd, 2010, 9:25 pm

Where will this next meeting be?

sparky
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sparky » August 2nd, 2010, 9:55 pm

saith park indoor sporting facility chaguanas sept. 1st 2010 at 7.00pm or first wed. of sept.

FugiTECH
punchin NOS

Postby FugiTECH » August 2nd, 2010, 10:56 pm

I am there for sure , lets try some-thing to get this racing thing going ,

I just want to see the ones (tuners) thats going to put the usual dumb show off negative replies here, but in their heart, if there was to be race this weekend, they there for sure, plus they might probably not even atttend the meeting. Let's see

The more people we can get to participate the better it might be, PLEASE i beg who is reading this, get as much people to Attend as Possible (Daddy, Mammy, Brotherrs, Sisters, Cousins, Aunt , Uncle , Grandpa etc.

DownesDigital
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby DownesDigital » August 2nd, 2010, 11:42 pm

i missed the last 1, will be there for the next

carfreak1024
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby carfreak1024 » August 2nd, 2010, 11:57 pm

I don't know nah i might be just plain stupid but i think the best way to get a track would be to setup a charitable foundation. Then get businesses and people to donate money to the foundation. The business man will be able to claim back their money in taxes and we will get cash to fund a new track. Minus the land the cost of building the track can be how expensive. I mean sure we want the best but right now we racing on highways and so on. ALMOST ANYTHING WILL DO. I myself think it is possible to get this underways. All we need is a very generous racer with some estate land, about 100 Businesses each willing to donate $5000 a piece and we should have enough money to get something decent.

dreadman
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby dreadman » August 3rd, 2010, 12:24 am

i cant make that cuz i'm scheduled to work dat nite but this sounds like a good plan also what carfreak1024 said......i would like to make one recommendation tho.....all those who evetually turn as members let it b one necessity dat dey have done d defensive driving and completed it showing certificate as proof b4 dey join. lets set d correct example for the younger ones as speed is not everything

jockey-shorts
Street 2NR

Postby jockey-shorts » August 3rd, 2010, 2:00 am

will be there for sure...........fully dressed.

gt-foure
Street 2NR

Postby gt-foure » August 3rd, 2010, 8:08 am

i have a copy of the ttundra draft constitution i'm having a little trouble uploading it!!!!

gt-foure
Street 2NR

Postby gt-foure » August 3rd, 2010, 8:32 am

THE_FUGITIVES wrote:I am there for sure , lets try some-thing to get this racing thing going ,

I just want to see the ones (tuners) thats going to put the usual dumb show off negative replies here, but in their heart, if there was to be race this weekend, they there for sure, plus they might probably not even atttend the meeting. Let's see

The more people we can get to participate the better it might be, PLEASE i beg who is reading this, get as much people to Attend as Possible (Daddy, Mammy, Brotherrs, Sisters, Cousins, Aunt , Uncle , Grandpa etc.

as my post says the only way we the racers and supporters getting anything is to unify and show d government/minister of sports our seriousness,desire and disipline to have a race track also to curb street racing.SO WE NEED EVERYONE TO COME OUT FOR THE NEXT MEETING 1ST SEPTEMBER AND TELL YOUR PARTHNERS,FAMILY OR ANYBODY INTRESTED IN GETTING RACING BACK ON TRACK!!!

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » August 3rd, 2010, 4:20 pm

i am there

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » August 5th, 2010, 1:29 pm

gt-foure wrote:i have a copy of the ttundra draft constitution i'm having a little trouble uploading it!!!!

I am a member of ARA. What would be the benefits to me joining this yet to be formalised association? What are the fees? Who are the members of the executive?

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » August 5th, 2010, 2:06 pm

^ Probably there could be later on, as for now, lets all try to get a common voice

gt-foure
Street 2NR

Postby gt-foure » August 5th, 2010, 10:40 pm

Computerman wrote:
gt-foure wrote:i have a copy of the ttundra draft constitution i'm having a little trouble uploading it!!!!

I am a member of ARA. What would be the benefits to me joining this yet to be formalised association? What are the fees? Who are the members of the executive?

ok my first ans to you question is TTUNDRA will be a racer elected, apointed and managed organization with fresh faces, new ideas and with one common goal in mind which is to re-shape and transform the image of drag racing while unifing the racers,cutting down on illegal racing and weeding out the corruption that motorsport has always been faced with.secondly the regristration fee is only $100 payable anually.thirdly the members of the executive are yet to be voted in but i can assure u this club is shaping up to be one of a kind very fair and transpearant without all the BS you see in other racing bodies.

N.B-OUR STRENGTH IN NUMBERS AND UNITY WILL HELP IN MOVING THE PROCESS OF AQUIREING A TRACK FASTER!!!

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » August 6th, 2010, 2:29 pm

gt-foure wrote:ok my first ans to you question is TTUNDRA will be a racer elected, apointed and managed organization with fresh faces, new ideas and with one common goal in mind which is to re-shape and transform the image of drag racing while unifing the racers,cutting down on illegal racing and weeding out the corruption that motorsport has always been faced with

Who can join, only racers or can non-racers also be members? What is the process to apply? Since the TTUNDRA does not exist who will issue receipts? What is the minimum age required to join? Are there different levels of membership?

gt-foure wrote:secondly the regristration fee is only $100 payable anually.thirdly the members of the executive are yet to be voted in but i can assure u this club is shaping up to be one of a kind very fair and transpearant without all the BS you see in other racing bodies.

So the association is yet to be established as an entity. Therefore you are looking for foundation members. From these foundation members an executive will be chosen so the TTUNDRA can be formalised. Or am I mistaken? Would the Constitution and MoA be available for perusal any time soon (perhaps prior to the meeting in September)?

gt-foure wrote:N.B-OUR STRENGTH IN NUMBERS AND UNITY WILL HELP IN MOVING THE PROCESS OF AQUIREING A TRACK FASTER!!!

^^I agree 100% with the above statement. It is the questionable methods being used by some to create the false impression of unity that I have issue with. It is still clear that there are many 'so-called' racers out there who still have not been able to grasp the reality of the situation.

I have no interest in joining another association at this time as I believe my association is serving me well. However, if you can clearly show some tangible benefits then I will reconsider my position.

hottrod317
Street 2NR

Postby hottrod317 » August 6th, 2010, 10:41 pm

me and the boyz coming!!!!!

Devin
Street 2NR

Postby Devin » August 9th, 2010, 1:28 pm

I will be there for sure.

Spoon_Tune
Riding on 13's

Postby Spoon_Tune » August 15th, 2010, 6:48 pm

will try our best to be there

S.W 15
3NE 2NR for life

Postby S.W 15 » August 19th, 2010, 11:49 am

Depending on location. I will be there! Glad to hear someones doing this! Kudos!

gt-foure
Street 2NR

Postby gt-foure » August 25th, 2010, 2:12 pm

JUST A REMINDER THE MEETING CARDED FOR SEP 1ST WILL BE HELD IN SAITH PARK INDOOR FACILITY NEXT WEDNESDAY AT 7 P.M,PLZ TELL ALL RACERS,NON RACERS AND INTRESTED PERSONS TO COME OUT AND SHOW YOUR SUPPORT.THE FASTER WE CAN ORGANIZE OURSELVES THE FASTER WE CAN FAST TRACK OUR PLANS TO MEET WITH THE MINISTER OF SPORTS AND THE RACING BODIES!!!!

halfdef
Sweet on this forum

Postby halfdef » August 31st, 2010, 10:21 pm

i will be there to support the cause

professor
Trinituner Peong

Postby professor » September 3rd, 2010, 9:31 pm

What ever happened, did they have the meeting, anything positive come out of meeting, why the lack of feedback?

sparky
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sparky » September 4th, 2010, 8:15 pm

the body is legally registered and moving forward . At the next meeting registration ant election. Competitive members 500.00 noncompetitive members 300.00 per year also Constitution in place

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » September 9th, 2010, 7:28 am

sparky wrote:the body is legally registered and moving forward . At the next meeting registration ant election. Competitive members 500.00 noncompetitive members 300.00 per year also Constitution in place

:shock: :shock:
Considering we have no facility to compete locally, I don't see any benefit to joining this association!

sparky
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sparky » September 9th, 2010, 2:22 pm

You can come to the next meeting and then make up your mind

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » September 14th, 2010, 8:03 am

sparky wrote:You can come to the next meeting and then make up your mind

Where and when? Can non-members be part of the discussion or do we just sit and watch?

sparky
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sparky » September 14th, 2010, 2:20 pm

there will be full participation by people attending the meeting. we must try to create something by all drag racers and supporters coming together under TTUNRA to plan a way forward in our best interest.

Advertisement

Return to “The "NEW Race Track" Issue”