but at the end of the day the man with the track is KING
you have to choose
"i just wah run mi car"
"i will like to be a disciplined driver"

fiveforward
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: [BLOG]: Public Meeting about Wallerfield Racing on Jun 2

Postby fiveforward » July 1st, 2010, 7:07 pm

wow - you know there is a simple answer to all this BS and it just as professor said. Everybody wants change but NOBODY want to get up and get it. How hard is it to join TTASA and vote for change from the inside out; rather than, stand on the side lines and bicker about who did this and that EVERY SINGLE TIME. TTASA isn't anyone person; just like the UNC wasn't uncle bas and PNM not uncle patos. Jesus Christ/ Allah/ Mary/ Buddah I can't understand it.

From a business point of view all this nanny-gins LOOK TERRIBLE and doesn't reflect well on anybody. Don't have a vote; don't have a voice. It's as SIMPLE as that. So lemme get the ball started here; out of all the young, intelligent right thinking individuals here how many of you are willing to join the NSO organization and vote for a change in policy and they way things are to be dun.

BTW I couldn't business about the past; there need to be change and change begins with us as a mospo community.

I'll start; me and i have my $250 ready.

W2J
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby W2J » July 1st, 2010, 7:28 pm

/\ do some more research before wasting your $250, one word "trustees"

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 1st, 2010, 7:35 pm

I don't think it's a waste of money but here are the requirements stated in the TTASA constitution:

To become a member you MUST first attend a TTASA monthly meeting and then be recommend by a current member and then seconded by another member.
Then at your 2nd monthly meeting, once all the paperwork is done and you are approved, you can pay membership fees if you're accepted.

To be on the management committee of TTASA you have to be a member for two years.
To be a President you have to be on management for 2 years.

A President can only run for 2 consecutive years but has the option, once voted, to run for another two years.

So fiveforward, put your money back in your pocket, attend a TTASA meeting and first get an attending member to recommend you.

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » July 1st, 2010, 8:10 pm

So if he's approved.. we talking for the fastest.. 4 Yrs before any sort of real change?

(providing he has support to vote out the current president)

TechArt
3NE 2NR for life

Postby TechArt » July 1st, 2010, 8:14 pm

They should let Mr Jack Warner deal with this situation, all this bickering for power and I say do this BS. The government should form a association to develop the motor sports in trinidad and if a club/society wants to use the facility to host a event then let them apply and PAY. Nothing but the age old crab in barrel syndrome again, let TTASA talk till they mouth burst open. IMHO Trinituner could do better than those quack jobs.

UML
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby UML » July 1st, 2010, 8:21 pm

W2J
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby W2J » July 1st, 2010, 8:24 pm

southside crew wrote:So if he's approved.. we talking for the fastest.. 4 Yrs before any sort of real change?

Kiran on TTASA board there are a set of old farts called trustees; (special advisors, puppet masters) who inform the President what and what not to do.

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:To be on the management committee of TTASA you have to be a member for two years.

The strange thing about that is that I know of a few past and present management committee members who jump in without any service and holding position.

Rooki3
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rooki3 » July 1st, 2010, 8:34 pm

why don't the state jus completely take over???

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » July 1st, 2010, 9:19 pm

W2J wrote:
southside crew wrote:So if he's approved.. we talking for the fastest.. 4 Yrs before any sort of real change?

Kiran on TTASA board there are a set of old farts called trustees; (special advisors, puppet masters) who inform the President what and what not to do.

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:To be on the management committee of TTASA you have to be a member for two years.

The strange thing about that is that I know of a few past and present management committee members who jump in without any service and holding position.

and that aint the half of it

to be a memebr you must be recomended by an existing member and seconded by another
you pic still has to be posted on the wall in TTASA office for others to either apporve or object your membership

bottom line

if the exisitng board members feel you joining so u can vote them out well

sorry application declined

keep yuh 250 and watch out for hidden FIA fees

but no FIA standards applied in the past to safety at the track courtesy of TTASA

link.....yuh feel ah still baiting yuh or just posting facts

how many times have TTASA track officials been drunk at events while officiating....

how many of them have been seen drinking alcohol and still driving on the track....

FIA say so ent

gt-foure
Street 2NR

Postby gt-foure » July 1st, 2010, 9:58 pm

SR wrote:
W2J wrote:

and that aint the half of it

to be a memebr you must be recomended by an existing member and seconded by another
you pic still has to be posted on the wall in TTASA office for others to either apporve or object your membership

bottom line

if the exisitng board members feel you joining so u can vote them out well

sorry application declined

keep yuh 250 and watch out for hidden FIA fees

but no FIA standards applied in the past to safety at the track courtesy of TTASA

link.....yuh feel ah still baiting yuh or just posting facts

how many times have TTASA track officials been drunk at events while officiating....

how many of them have been seen drinking alcohol and still driving on the track....

FIA say so ent

SO WE ENFORCING FIA RULES BUT ARE OUR TRACKS UP TO FIA STANDARD.. :oops: ..LOL

fiveforward
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fiveforward » July 1st, 2010, 10:01 pm

i hear what you guys are saying. One hand still raised though; cuz i'm thinking, had 50 people join 2 years ago, change would have been happening all now on a different level and those not serious would have been gone.

Why people making it as if trustees or management cannot be removed.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » July 1st, 2010, 10:14 pm

trustees cant be moved

thats why they are the "trustees"

ask for someone to post a list as to who are the trustees of TTASA

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 1st, 2010, 10:24 pm

Yes, according to the current TTASA constitution, trustees cannot be removed.

The current Trustees of TTASA are:
Dr. Micheal "Doc" Baboolal - Chairman
Mr. Vishnu Mangalsingh
Mr. Selwyn "Bunny" Persad
Mr. Celian Woon Sam
Mr. Sylborn Clarke

W2J wrote:on TTASA board there are ... trustees; (special advisors, puppet masters) who inform the President what and what not to do.
I can tell you for a fact that is NOT the case right now!!! LOL

Rooki3 wrote:why don't the state jus completely take over???
because they still need a unified NSO for motorsport.
Granted, SPORTT can own the track and rent it to whoever wishes to use it, however there is still need for sanctioning which needs to be done by the NSO/ASN. SPORTT will not be the NSO/ASN for motorsport.

gt-foure wrote:SO WE ENFORCING FIA RULES BUT ARE OUR TRACKS UP TO FIA STANDARD.. :oops: ..LOL
No need to shout.
You can have an FIA approved car, FIA approved safety equipment and have it on a track that is not FIA approved. Same as taking a GrpN Rally car from TTRC and driving it at Camden. The car is FIA approved, but not the track. What's your point?

W2J has a good point when saying that anyone can build a private track and not need FIA, TTASA, MATT, not even the Ministry approval to have racing events. They would only need EMA approval. All the clubs can rent the track from the owner. It would be best for motorsport in T&T if the drag track was say IHRA approved and the circuit track was FIA approved and the karting track was CIK-FIA approved etc etc as this would open up the facility here to international competition and really push sport tourism here.

W2J
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby W2J » July 1st, 2010, 10:50 pm

/\ ♭ where nizam gone... tell meh where he gone ♭

gt-foure
Street 2NR

Postby gt-foure » July 1st, 2010, 11:45 pm

dwane rally tracks and drag strips are not the same is like chalk and cheeze...you can use any surface for rally cause the cars are set up differently but a drag strip must be preped and up to standard from the runway to the runoff,retaining wall and burnout area...so will the FIA approved car behave any differently on a bad track than a non FIA approved car????...also bear in mind how much accidents there was in camden....just to name a few pang,scorpion,orange galant,white 280zx etc all of them were FIA approved so whats your point now??

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » July 1st, 2010, 11:51 pm

Trustees shall remain in office until death, though trustees may elect to resign, after serving any period in office. A trustee’s term in office also may be terminated if he/ she is incapable, whether mentally or physically of managing his/ her affairs. Vacancies on the Board of Trustees will then be filled by bye-election.

:shock:

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » July 1st, 2010, 11:59 pm

anyone get the feeling this blog has strayed from it's subject ??

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 2nd, 2010, 12:02 am

gt-foure wrote:dwane rally tracks and drag strips are not the same is like chalk and cheeze...you can use any surface for rally cause the cars are set up differently but a drag strip must be preped and up to standard from the runway to the runoff,retaining wall and burnout area...so will the FIA approved car behave any differently on a bad track than a non FIA approved car????...also bear in mind how much accidents there was in camden....just to name a few pang,scorpion,orange galant,white 280zx etc all of them were FIA approved so whats your point now??

LOL who tell you all of them were FIA approved?

Those cars were NOT built to FIA regulations and NOT FIA approved. The drivers were issued a temporary license from the FIA/NACAM representative body in T&T.

my point is that you can have approval for one thing but not the other. But apparently even my use of analogies and examples was not enough.

Shango_13
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Shango_13 » July 2nd, 2010, 1:35 am

Mr Gear wrote:You wondering but trust me no one will come.

why?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » July 2nd, 2010, 1:39 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:The drivers were issued a temporary license from the FIA/NACAM representative body in T&T.

What was the purpose of that temporary license?
At wallerfield for an event, it was TT$25, and valid for the day. What would have been the benefit of such in both cases?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIA_Super_Licence
With that explanation it seems only beneficial if aspiring to race in F1

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 2nd, 2010, 7:45 am

^ I don't know what the license is for

gt-foure
Street 2NR

Postby gt-foure » July 2nd, 2010, 7:17 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ I don't know what the license is for

to make money off the drag racers...lol...d best days of drag racing were the ones without TTASA and their FIA bs... :D

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » July 2nd, 2010, 9:39 pm

I think the best of drags was the north track... Be it Gangster or official when auto sport used to run things.. but to me it seemed like the best it would have ever been for Trini Drag history..

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » July 3rd, 2010, 1:44 am

gt-foure wrote:to make money off the drag racers...lol...d best days of drag racing were the ones without TTASA and their FIA bs... :D
not only drag racers were made to pay that eh.
no real surprise that the "voices" haven't answered the question though. lemme quote and bold it for them
wagonrunner wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:The drivers were issued a temporary license from the FIA/NACAM representative body in T&T.
What was the purpose of that temporary license?
At wallerfield for an event, it was TT$25, and valid for the day. What would have been the benefit of such in both cases?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIA_Super_Licence
With that explanation it seems only beneficial if aspiring to race in F1

sparky
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sparky » July 3rd, 2010, 7:43 am

that says nothing about drag racing so drag racers do not need FIA and fia cannot impose them self through TTASA on drag racers.power only have power when we allow it. IF NINE OUT OF TEN RACING BODIES REJECT THEIR NSO THEN THEY HAVE NO AUTHORITY TO IMPOSE ON US. MATT SHOULD COME FORWARD WITH THE MAJORITY OF RACING BODIES AND EXERCISE THEIR AUTHORITY ON THE ISSUE.

gt-foure
Street 2NR

Postby gt-foure » July 3rd, 2010, 7:56 am

MATT IS THE WAY FOWARD EVEN THOUGH ITS CONTROLED BY RAWLE MAHABIR WHOM I DONT FULLY TRUST BECAUSE OF PAST EXPERINCES BUT TRUTH BE TOLD HE KNOWS HOW TO PROPERLY MANNAGE DRAG RACING AND BY FAR THE LESSER OF 2 EVILS.....'LINK YOU NEED TO TELL THEM BIG BOYS IN TTASA TO JOIN UP WITH MATT AND ALLYUH COULD CONTROL D CIRCUIT RACING AND EVERYBODY WILL BENIFIT'

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » July 3rd, 2010, 8:17 am

sparky wrote:that says nothing about drag racing so drag racers do not need FIA and fia cannot impose them self through TTASA on drag racers.power only have power when we allow it. IF NINE OUT OF TEN RACING BODIES REJECT THEIR NSO THEN THEY HAVE NO AUTHORITY TO IMPOSE ON US. MATT SHOULD COME FORWARD WITH THE MAJORITY OF RACING BODIES AND EXERCISE THEIR AUTHORITY ON THE ISSUE.

gt-foure MATT IS THE WAY FOWARD EVEN THOUGH ITS CONTROLED BY RAWLE MAHABIR WHOM I DONT FULLY TRUST BECAUSE OF PAST EXPERINCES BUT TRUTH BE TOLD HE KNOWS HOW TO PROPERLY MANNAGE DRAG RACING AND BY FAR THE LESSER OF 2 EVILS.....'LINK YOU NEED TO TELL THEM BIG BOYS IN TTASA TO JOIN UP WITH MATT AND ALLYUH COULD CONTROL D CIRCUIT RACING AND EVERYBODY WILL BENIFIT'

Duane 3NE 2NR because they still need a unified NSO for motorsport.
Granted, SPORTT can own the track and rent it to whoever wishes to use it, however there is still need for sanctioning which needs to be done by the NSO/ASN. SPORTT will not be the NSO/ASN for motorsport.

THAT, fellas is the big picture &, according to an earlier post.........TTASA, MATT, BAPP, SPLATT, CRAAP, whatever.........there MUST BE ONE MOTOR SPORT NSO TO MOVE THE DEVELOPMENT OF MOTOR RACING FORWARD IN T&T
:roll:
Duane, boi.......I'm glad u understand the horizontal spiral playing off here........
brgds

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » July 3rd, 2010, 8:35 am

what I find strange is that, all the other so-called motor racing bodies bleating & braying for motor racing to 'get-up-and-get', but the solution is for TTASA to 'get-up-and-get-out'.
OK
that was started by gary zunt...ooops..hunt when he took a section out of the TTASA constitution (Affiliated clubs), formed UMRA which became TTUMRA which became MATT (and shortly might become SPLATT).
understanding that so-called drag racers NEVER WANTED TO BECOME REGULATED, zunt added his voice (& UMRA?TTUMRA?MATT) to the clamour.

and what do u have now.........posts by sparky & gt-foure, etc whilst autosport & the likes remain in the background hoping the 'glory days of the northside' fall their way again...BUT PRAYING THAT TTASA DOSEN'T STAND IN THEIR WAY. I still remember a meeting I attended with rawl mahabir & ramesh bhola years ago, where both stated Autosport's last drag event 'BUSS'......yeah...ah kno'...I SCHUPID :roll:
enough said here..........the 'horizontal spiral' thing :wink: :wink:

gt-foure
Street 2NR

Postby gt-foure » July 3rd, 2010, 2:44 pm

OK LINK SO 'TTASA IS D WAY FOWARD FOR RACING IN T&T' ACCORDING TO YOU BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS 75% OF THE MOTOSPORT COMMUNITY DOESENT WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH ALLYUH...SO EVERYBODY MUST SUFFER BECAUSE OF THE GREED OF A FEW...YOU KNOW WHAT TIMES HAVE CHANGED AND WE RACERS ENT TAKING sheit FROM NOBODY WE DONT HAVE TO GO TO YOU'ALL ALLYUH HAVE TO COME TO US,ANYTIME TAM TRACK OPEN ALLYUH COULD GO TO HELL FOR ALL I CARE CAUSE WE WONT HAVE TO BE SCRUTINIZED BY TTASA AND WE'LL DO AS WE PLEASE...:D

Advertisement

Return to “The "NEW Race Track" Issue”