Somewhere where to run?

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

[BLOG]: Public Meeting about Wallerfield Racing on Jun 29th

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 24th, 2010, 12:30 pm

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Date: Tuesday 29th June 2010
Place: Club Gravity, Long Circular Rd. St. James (next to Courts & Garvin's Performance Shop)
Time: 7pm

Jameer Ali and Robert Amar are inviting all interested persons to a meeting to give everyone an update as to what has taken place so far and what will happen in the coming weeks with regards to Wallerfield for racing and a drag racing and circuit racing track.

Jameer Ali is a past president of TTASA and was an instrumental part of the group that got Camden for racing. Jameer has also been in very close contact with the Minister of Sport, Mr. Anil Roberts with regards to getting back Wallerfield and has been pushing to get a racing event there soon.

Robert Amar a past vice president of TTASA is very well known for advancing the level of motorsport in T&T. In Wallerfield's heyday, Robert was responsible for bringing a Porsche Racing series to T&T and had also raised the bar of racing here to a level never seen before or after. Robert has represented T&T in the 24hrs of Sebring and the Miami Gran Prix with the famous Pressure Cooker racecar that was built in Japan.

Both these persons play an integral part in the process taking place right now with getting back a track.

Also attending the meeting will be members from all the registered racing bodies, clubs, associations, fraternities and disciplines interested in having events and racing at Wallerfield.

All are reminded that this initiative will not work without unification among all interested parties and this has been reiterated by the Minister of Sport and his Ministry.

Ask as many questions and hear what has happened and will happen soon.
Anyone can attend and everyone is invited.

ps - ALL are reminded that NO one is allowed into the Wallerfield complex at any time and there will be no racing there until negotiations between this committee, the Ministry of Sport, The Ministry of Trade and Industry and eTeck have been completed and a go-ahead has been given for racing to resume at Wallerfield. Please refrain from congregating at the gate and around the Wallerfield and Cumuto area expecting a racing event as these gatherings will only make it more difficult for the negotiations to move forward with the Ministry and eTeck.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: [BLOG]: Public Meeting about Wallerfield Racing on Jun 2

Postby eliteauto » June 24th, 2010, 1:10 pm

hopefully the dissemination of information at this meeting will help quell the "every weekend" rumours of racing taking place up there, and provide a more realistic time frame for people to understand

Damien
punchin NOS

Postby Damien » June 24th, 2010, 7:22 pm

i hope they have a proposed date whether it be next week or next year too much rumors flying, like every week the track opening since election date

nigie
Shifting into 6th

Postby nigie » June 24th, 2010, 8:12 pm

And all the talk coming from people other than Government officials...the past president of TTASA along with the past vice president going to inform the motorsport public about negotiations for wallerfield....hummmmmm??????

Midnight_Demon
punchin NOS

Postby Midnight_Demon » June 24th, 2010, 8:55 pm

will be there for sure

gt-foure
Street 2NR

Postby gt-foure » June 24th, 2010, 10:33 pm

ANY IDEA WHY THE MENTIONED LOCATION WAS USED CAUSE I THINK THE CONFERENCE ROOM AT THE JEAN PIERE COMPLEX MIGHT HAVE BEEN BETTER LOCATION BUT NEVER THE LESS I WILL BE THERE TO GIVE FULL SUPPORT AND HELP IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE TO MOVE MOTOR SPORT FOWARD IN T&T!!!

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 25th, 2010, 12:52 pm

^ no need to shout. The location belongs to Robert Amar and so was free to use.

CRAZYHORSE
Riding on 13's

Postby CRAZYHORSE » June 25th, 2010, 3:24 pm

I Really hope that something permanent and modern to accomodate other forms of motor sports is constructed.Not the fly by night unsafe venues we have had over the years where the promoter were only concerned about filling their pockets. No shelter no propper toilets and was all about who you knew and to make matters worse a set of old junks that is not fit to drive futher more race at high speeds allowed to galavant for the entire day. Once in a blue moon there might be a car that would turn heads other than that you cab bet the racing is down the highway back to south.
The proposed racing complex should be able to attract international racing and motorsport like monster trucks and demolition derbies and even superbikes so in our off season the facility could be used for these events. Any promoter could rent this facility and I am sure this would generate a lot of interest.

Peace I am out.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » June 25th, 2010, 7:14 pm

there is no 'off-season' for motor racing in SWWEEET T&T :D 8-)

buju2003tt
Street 2NR

Postby buju2003tt » June 26th, 2010, 8:54 pm

i have been going wallerfield since i was 15 years old at present i am 35 dont u all think it's about time for a change of venue after all its change u all want how about camden couva???????

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » June 26th, 2010, 9:15 pm

think camden is too small.. for a fixed location...

Sweet on this forum

Postby 7381 » June 27th, 2010, 11:17 am

I will be there

SiR8081
Sweet on this forum

Postby SiR8081 » June 27th, 2010, 4:49 pm

i not going to be there. not really into racing but definitely hate street racers

my ques and a ques i think should be asked is whether the MSYA's TT$0.6B debt owed to FCB wrt to the Brian Lara stadium at tarouba will affect MSYA's ability to keep their promises wrt to wallerfield etc

drlancer
Street 2NR

Postby drlancer » June 27th, 2010, 5:32 pm

ppl this is a start, we can go no direction but up. let us pleeeease get to gether and find a way to make this work. Rally, Solodex, Drift, Go-cart, even motorcross holds events and enjoy themselves. its about time Drag Racers do someting for ourselves so we too can have fun. i will be there!

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 27th, 2010, 7:03 pm

SiR8081 wrote:i not going to be there. not really into racing but definitely hate street racers

my ques and a ques i think should be asked is whether the MSYA's TT$0.6B debt owed to FCB wrt to the Brian Lara stadium at tarouba will affect MSYA's ability to keep their promises wrt to wallerfield etc

AFAIK the motorsport bodies are not asking MSYA for any funding toward a drag and circuit track. They are asking for the granting of permission to resume racing at Wallerfield or for sufficient land in a suitable location to develop a home for motorsport. Funding to develop a facility can be sought elsewhere.

The ministry though may see it feasible to build a facility since there is good opportunity to generate revenue from it.

Also I don't think the business is as simple as having to cease all subvention toward sport until they pay off their debt. I an sure, just like any other govt agency or even private business it will continue normal operations while servicing it's debt over a period of time.

DownesDigital
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby DownesDigital » June 27th, 2010, 10:15 pm

i'll try and be there we, need some updates

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 27th, 2010, 11:18 pm

1. The Minister of Sport wants unity in motorsport.
2. TTASA has alot of infighting right now but has an AGM coming up to vote in their executive.

These are things that may seem to be unnecessary protocol and bureaucracy to the guys that just want to race, but these matters MUST be cleared up before Wallerfield or any land for racing can be given by the Gov't for racing, as this HAS to be done with a proper working NSO.

Complain how much you want but that's the hard facts.

kes_vtec
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kes_vtec » June 28th, 2010, 6:09 am

^^^2+

pablo_tt
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby pablo_tt » June 28th, 2010, 6:27 am

southside crew wrote:think camden is too small.. for a fixed location...

Not to mention it's supposed to be a runway in use "in case of emergencies"

I think the Sikorsky S76s would use that runway for an auto rotation landing if anything were to happen on takeoff and also if anything were to happen in piarco that runway could be used as an alternative. Dunno if anyone remembers The Gimli Glider from the 1980s :lol:

Mosaic
Sweet on this forum

Postby Mosaic » June 28th, 2010, 9:49 am

I won't be able to make it, but I look forward to Ttuner's report on it!
As a motorsports tech. developer, I am curious as to how innovation & motor sports competition are linked.

But nothing can happen until the fraternity properly represents the constituency of motorsports. This affects a lot of us and hopefully personal egos will step aside.

dragon74
Riding on 13's

Postby dragon74 » June 28th, 2010, 1:26 pm

The government is going ahead with the ETEC park at the wallerfield site, etec's plans is also to build on the existing grounds where the track is, noise from the race cars will cause vibrations and destroy the etec building that's there now says an etec employee.......... isn't etec just another excuse to funnel money into ppls pockets ? what has etec done for trinidad ? politicians used giving back wallerfield/motorsports home back to the ppl just to get votes.................................

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 28th, 2010, 1:40 pm

^ those statements can be considered slanderous.

T&T is considered the industrial hub on the Caribbean and so trade and industry would obviously take precedent when looking at developing of facilities. The eTeck park is a worthwhile venture and is the right step towards finding alternative revenue streams for T&T other than oil and gas. Minister Cadiz reiterated that already.

WRT to your statements, I can't see how "noise from the race cars will cause vibrations and destroy the etec building that's there now" LOL

This venture is to check the feasibility of the technology park co-existing with a home for motorsport. Many technology related downstream industries can come from motorsport development. Even the Alutrint downstream plant, which is built on the south runway and adjacent to the old circuit track, was touted as one day producing aluminum alloy aftermarket wheels for cars.

If they cannot co-exist due to anything from security to infrastructure to pending contracts, then an alternative location for motorsport will be found, perhaps that is Waterloo or even back to Camden, who knows.

We will not know these things unless due process is taken, until then, it is not wise to jump to conclusions.

out of control
Street 2NR

Postby out of control » June 28th, 2010, 5:16 pm

We know we could do better, we know the solution is out there so people come as one and attend this meeting and let put Motorsport first

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » June 29th, 2010, 12:08 am

Even the Alutrint downstream plant, which is built on the south runway and adjacent to the old circuit track, was touted as one day producing aluminum alloy aftermarket wheels for cars.

if u look at the TTASA business plan which was submitted to eteck, u will see a supportive automotive factor geared to the RACING INDUSTRY. Eteck & ken julien took that idea, spun it around alutrint & 'WALLA' ...smelter downstream plant :fist:
how come nobody hearing about customs bonded wharehouses, machine shops, hotel/restaurant facilities...and, oh...everybody forget about that indigenous frog living in Wallerfield...
The infrastructure laid down for alutrint SHOULD , BY RIGHTS OF NATURAL JUSTICE, BE HANDED OVER TO MOTOR SPORTS....AS SHOULD THE WALLERFIELD RACING CIRCUIT BE RETURNED TO MOTOR RACING..................

and I will be the first to throw a plastic cup of water at Justice Nolan Bereaux's face for saying that the greater injustice would have been for racing to be allowed to stay in Wallerfield.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 29th, 2010, 2:18 am

^ somehow I don't see those last two things happening though

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » June 29th, 2010, 5:37 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ somehow I don't see those last two things happening though

ok...the cup-ah-water thing is a figment....I accept that........
having Wallerfield returned to motor sports -at least the southern area- is a great possibility after the smelter is vaporised (before our peoples' collective health & T&T's water table flatlines).
I anxiously await that day

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » June 29th, 2010, 8:01 am

link wrote:The infrastructure laid down for alutrint SHOULD , BY RIGHTS OF NATURAL JUSTICE, BE HANDED OVER TO MOTOR SPORTS....

Natural justice is based on two fundamental rules:
(1) Audi alteram partem (Latin for, hear the other side): no accused, or a person directly affected by a decision, shall be condemned unless given full chance to prepare and submit his or her case and rebuttal to the opposing party's arguments;
(2) Nemo judex in causa sua (Latin for, no man a judge in his own case): no decision is valid if it was influenced by any financial consideration or other interest or bias of the decision maker.
These principles apply to decisions of all governmental agencies and tribunals, and judgments of all courts, which may be declared to be of having no effect (ultra vires) if found in contravention of natural justice.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 29th, 2010, 12:50 pm

link wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ somehow I don't see those last two things happening though

ok...the cup-ah-water thing is a figment....I accept that........
having Wallerfield returned to motor sports -at least the southern area- is a great possibility after the smelter is vaporised (before our peoples' collective health & T&T's water table flatlines).
I anxiously await that day

Great expectations - I think you will have alot of waiting to do.

sparky
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sparky » June 29th, 2010, 2:24 pm

they had sealed the deal when they collected 500,000 from etec.are they going to return the money and reopen the case in court.THAT IS PIE IN THE SKY.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » June 29th, 2010, 4:48 pm

sparky wrote:they had sealed the deal when they collected 500,000 from etec.are they going to return the money and reopen the case in court.THAT IS PIE IN THE SKY.

u know I will now say "yuh eh spen' ah second in court, so :fist: "
:roll:

Advertisement

Return to “The "NEW Race Track" Issue”