Postby Rooki3 » June 30th, 2010, 9:05 pm

yuh forget "FART" :lol: :lol: :lol:

speed demon
Sweet on this forum

Re: [BLOG]: Public Meeting about Wallerfield Racing on Jun 2

Postby speed demon » June 30th, 2010, 9:14 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
speed demon wrote:

No no i am a member of DWO and i said before that there had been communication but not on a serious level as the contact person at the time failed to communicate effectively the intention of MATT. We were later not invited to any further discussions and this is what we would like to change.

Congrats on the working org structure but that is for now, as growth always needs change and in time such will be the case.

ok, is DWO a registered club or association with a constitution though? I think that is a pre-requisite of joining a governing body such as MATT or even TTASA. I am not sure if Slide Syndicate is a registered club or association with a constitution etc either.

on a slightly different note:
someone from MATT shared a real scenario with me not too long ago, I will share it here leaving out the details just to give an idea of how a governing body such as MATT or TTASA can work FOR the member clubs that are affiliated with it:

One Club had an issue with two members.
The members protested.
The Club objected and took action against the members.
The members were suspended.
The members exercised their right to appeal to MATT, built into the MATT constitution.
The Club as an affiliate of MATT, was called to the table with the two appealing members.
The matter was adjudicated by a MATT appeal Board, in the presence of a lawyer, and a determination made that the two members were not at fault.
The Board indicated that the two members must be immediately reinstated, and this was promptly respected by the Club.
And everyone moved on, moving forward with no animosity.

I wonder if the racers who illegally race on our roads, really will abide by such a ruling if found in breach? Or will even want to subject themselves to such discipline?

Ok i see what you are saying ...............will investigate the proper procedure for membership of either organisation etc etc etc and make decisions accordingly for the future of the group.

gt-foure
Street 2NR

Postby gt-foure » June 30th, 2010, 9:39 pm

question i am a member of the newly formed drag racers assoc which is affilated with matt, we started off nice with a couple of productive meetings,membership sign up, a swap meet and on the whole decent amt of communication but then everything went blank for awhile which is understandable given what was going on but i'm a bit shocked that a meeting hasnt been called or even an e-mail to even see if we're still alive further more to discuss whats going on with wallerfield...DUANE do u know whats going on with them???

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » June 30th, 2010, 10:21 pm

:roll:
Last edited by link on June 30th, 2010, 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sparky
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sparky » June 30th, 2010, 10:21 pm

it will be easier to go st lucia and grenada to drag race twice a year and my neck remain free. maybe next year MR TAM might finish his track then we will not have all this problem. let TTASA govern the mosquitoes in the swamp with their FIA. FIA IS INVESTING WITH BARBADOS and not with those TTASA crooks.Drag racers do not need FIA approval to race,why dont they try that with power boat racing, they will be kicked from trinidad to tobago.

sparky
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sparky » June 30th, 2010, 10:22 pm

it will be easier to go st lucia and grenada to drag race twice a year and my neck remain free. maybe next year MR TAM might finish his track then we will not have all this problem. let TTASA govern the mosquitoes in the swamp with their FIA. FIA IS INVESTING WITH BARBADOS and not with those TTASA crooks.Drag racers do not need FIA approval to race,why dont they try that with power boat racing, they will be kicked from trinidad to tobago.

W2J
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby W2J » June 30th, 2010, 10:26 pm

link wrote:
W2J wrote:Let MATT and TTASA continue with their crap, at the end of the day when Tam's track open the BRAPP, SAPP, FLAPP, BBASA whatever will be rolling in their graves.

& u'll still be left with ??
(don't say 'nobody, because they'll all be in Tobago' )..........u hve more intelligence than that :idea:

Link stupid question, why would the racers need TTASA and MATT on a private track?

Bezman
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Bezman » June 30th, 2010, 10:28 pm

I am shocked that they would ask for money like this, I thought that would have been put together in a fantastic investment prospectus for venture capitalist to receive privately..

not "allya drag racers give us $50,000 each"

thats not how to do it

the racers want a temporary use of wallerfield, TTASA to clean up house and reconcile with MATT, and submit your investment proposals to people who "can" invest in motorsport as a business, not the racers.. i can see this coming off totally wring with ALLOT of ppl.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » June 30th, 2010, 10:34 pm

:roll:
Last edited by link on June 30th, 2010, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » June 30th, 2010, 10:38 pm

link wrote:
W2J wrote:
link wrote:
W2J wrote:Let MATT and TTASA continue with their crap, at the end of the day when Tam's track open the BRAPP, SAPP, FLAPP, BBASA whatever will be rolling in their graves.

& u'll still be left with ??
(don't say 'nobody, because they'll all be in Tobago' )..........u hve more intelligence than that :idea:

Link stupid question, why would the racers need TTASA and MATT on a private track?[/quote]
u speak for yourself.....not att the racers are stupid :lol:

come nah man.
it's a new year. at least sing and dance to a new tune. even remix d riddim self.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 1st, 2010, 1:00 am

gt-foure wrote:question i am a member of the newly formed drag racers assoc which is affilated with matt, we started off nice with a couple of productive meetings,membership sign up, a swap meet and on the whole decent amt of communication but then everything went blank for awhile which is understandable given what was going on but i'm a bit shocked that a meeting hasnt been called or even an e-mail to even see if we're still alive further more to discuss whats going on with wallerfield...DUANE do u know whats going on with them???

You asking me?
I should be asking you! :lol:
you are the one who is a member of an association that is affiliated to MATT.

But I'll try to answer your question never-the-less.

A governing body affords it's member clubs many advantages in being under one umbrella. one representative, supported by many, that can negotiate with the Gov't for a track, for example. Instead of each club fending for itself. Strength in numbers.

however this is not a situation of the governing body now babysitting the clubs. Not at all, each club must handle their own business. If the club has an issue (such as the one with the two members that I mentioned earlier) then the club needs to contact the governing body with their issue! You cannot sit down and wait for them to check up on your every week!!!

A lil bit again you will want the police to call you to make sure you alright every night! NO! you call the police when something is wrong! While the governing body is nothing like the police, they are there to aid the clubs by using its collective resources. e.g. in March 2010, through their MATT affiliations, the rally club was able to utilize the services of the members of solodex to marshal for Rally Trinidad because rally club didn't have enough resources of its own for such a large event of international scope. Affiliate clubs came to the aid of fellow affiliates to help each other via the governing body.

MATT don't call TTRC or Solodex every week to see if they alright, but TTRC was able to go to Solodex through their similar affiliations with MATT.

So if your association or club has issues, that need addressing, that you cannot address on your own, then call the governing body to which your club is an affiliate and find out how they can help. Doh sit down vex and wait for them to call you! 8-)

TTKA, TTRC, CARS, TORMATT etc etc all call on MATT when needed.
TTRC is having a huge speed stages rally in Tobago this weekend with the help and support of the Tobago House of Assembly. They didnt sit down and wait for MATT to email them about what is available in Tobago, they wanted a place to rally in Tobago and they got it using their collective abilities, sponsors and hard work.

ALL these affiliates bring alot to their governing body and, by extension, to each other.

King 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby King 7 » July 1st, 2010, 1:52 am

:D :D :D

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » July 1st, 2010, 5:59 am

so were there any circuit men raising thier hands to invest??

were any present other than officials of TTASA?

link.........yuh investing????

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » July 1st, 2010, 6:50 am

SR wrote:so were there any circuit men raising thier hands to invest??

I know yr baiting me...
but
I DIDN'T SEE YOU AT THE MEETING
AND
judging by your questions........ :roll: :roll: :roll:
nuff said about absentee 'baiters'

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » July 1st, 2010, 6:54 am

A governing body affords it's member clubs many advantages in being under one umbrella. one representative, supported by many, that can negotiate with the Gov't for a track, for example. Instead of each club fending for itself. Strength in numbers.

however this is not a situation of the governing body now babysitting the clubs. Not at all, each club must handle their own business. If the club has an issue (such as the one with the two members that I mentioned earlier) then the club needs to contact the governing body with their issue! You cannot sit down and wait for them to check up on your every week!!!

so what happens when one of those 'affiliates' don't get their satisfaction from the NSO ?

gt-foure
Street 2NR

Postby gt-foure » July 1st, 2010, 8:12 am

SO LINK WHATS WRONG WITH 'TTASA' JOINING UP WITH 'MATT' FOR THE BENIFIT OF MOVING MOTOSPORT FOWARD IN T&T...PPL WANT A CHANGE FROM D SAME OLD SAME OLD,WE WANT TO SEE SOME NEW BLOOD AND FRESH FACES IN D SPORT, SOMONE WITH NEW IDEAS,NO SECOND AGENDA,RACER AND VISION ORENTED AND HONEST.

Sweet on this forum

Postby 7381 » July 1st, 2010, 8:32 am

i went to this meeting to see if we were getting back wallerfield and hopefully when.
- the whole aspect of wallerfield was avoided and was not discussed wholistically
- however from what understood, the hopes of wallerfield are no longer...
- this is so as it would cost in excess 1mill to get it where it should be for racing (hence COST TOO MUCH)
- and last but not least there would be the issue of noise pollution WRT the nearby University

N.B. - correct me if i am wrong. Thanks inadvance

Appart from that , this meeting was not what i expected .

W2J
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby W2J » July 1st, 2010, 9:13 am

I for one will never invest with a man that has turned everything he touch into Gobar or a thief who claim to fame that night was the b13 stock car series.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 1st, 2010, 10:56 am

link wrote:.
so what happens when one of those 'affiliates' don't get their satisfaction from the NSO ?

what?
Link it is not different from any other association or affiliation.

Next thing you saying "what if you don't get satisfaction from the law" during a court process.
it is all legally binding.
All clubs have their own constitution that members agree to and the NSO has it's own constitution that the affiliates agree to, all before hand.
As needs arise, amendments can occur.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 1st, 2010, 11:12 am

7381 wrote:i went to this meeting to see if we were getting back wallerfield and hopefully when.
- the whole aspect of wallerfield was avoided and was not discussed wholistically
- this is so as it would cost in excess 1mill to get it where it should be for racing (hence COST TOO MUCH)
- and last but not least there would be the issue of noise pollution WRT the nearby University

No, if it were as little as 1million to get a track going I think we would have it in the morning.
Wallerfield is not proving to be feasible after the research was done. Minister Cadiz wants to continue the tech park there. There is no assurance that Alutrint will be retired. Contractors are still awaiting money from the Govt for work done at Wallerfield. There are gas lines run all over and an electrical substation at the top of the north track. Security for all the other tenants is a BIG issue of there was to be a motorsport event in there. Plus many other factors.

The Minister of Sport is open to any other suggestions for a location. There are many suggestions already on his desk, however he cant give it to anyone but a unified governing body, so forget the track for now, ALL motorsport enthusiasts need to work towards this unification. THEN we can talk about the track. That is why the meeting couldn't be about Wallerfield.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » July 1st, 2010, 1:33 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
link wrote:.

what?
Link it is not different from any other association or affiliation.

Next thing you saying "what if you don't get satisfaction from the law" during a court process.
it is all legally binding.
All clubs have their own constitution that members agree to and the NSO has it's own constitution that the affiliates agree to, all before hand.

As needs arise, amendments can occur.

AHHhhhh..........

so, for the 'MATT' ppl looking on here.........DO YOU AGREE WITH DUANE'S HYPOTHESIS ?

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » July 1st, 2010, 1:35 pm

W2J wrote:

I for one will never invest with a man that has turned everything he touch into Gobar or a thief who claim to fame that night was the b13 stock car series.

How dare you lump SR into these categories.............shame on you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sweet on this forum

Postby 7381 » July 1st, 2010, 1:41 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
7381 wrote:i went to this meeting to see if we were getting back wallerfield and hopefully when.

No, if it were as little as 1million to get a track going I think we would have it in the morning.
Wallerfield is not proving to be feasible after the research was done. Minister Cadiz wants to continue the tech park there. There is no assurance that Alutrint will be retired. Contractors are still awaiting money from the Govt for work done at Wallerfield. There are gas lines run all over and an electrical substation at the top of the north track. Security for all the other tenants is a BIG issue of there was to be a motorsport event in there. Plus many other factors.

The Minister of Sport is open to any other suggestions for a location. There are many suggestions already on his desk, however he cant give it to anyone but a unified governing body, so forget the track for now, ALL motorsport enthusiasts need to work towards this unification. THEN we can talk about the track. That is why the meeting couldn't be about Wallerfield.

Hence, why i said in "excess" of 1mill "would cost too much" . simply not feasible given the the present situation.

The topic was and i quote ''PUBLIC MEETING ABOUT WALLERFIELD RACING"
- one would believe that wallerfield racing would be discussed.
- however it really was not exploited and FULLY discussed, hence the topic of the meeting was not FULLFILED.
- instead the meeting went on and on about issues between certain parties, when all whom were present were interested in finding out if and when we would be returning to wallerfield as the topic clearly stated "PUBLIC MEETING ABOUT WALLERFIELD RACING".
- had this "topic" been stated differently, i am sure that alot of people would not have been there as well as alot of different people may have been there.

This is the first time i have been to one of the meetings and i have gathered that clearly there are alot of issues to be addressed before WE AS A BODY CAN MOVE FORWARD.

- hence i trust and hope that we can all come together and resolve this situation as the longer this goes on is the longer we will have no venue, let alone a permanent one.

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » July 1st, 2010, 3:05 pm

So if a unified front is what is needed... why all the pomp and circumstance of this last meeting ? power point presentation and all this BS.... you don't run before you can walk.

I will say it again... from a business standpoint (which is THE ONLY standpoint that will allow success of ANY venture for motorsport), this whole ordeal is a tragedy and should be tossed out and start over. TTASA board should be cleared out... JUST AS more powerful entities are affected by change of goverment for the betterment of the people. Petrotrin board getting the boot, Udecott board got the boot and that is just the tip of the iceberg... what makes the NSO so special that they can't step back to allow new blood ?

speed demon
Sweet on this forum

Postby speed demon » July 1st, 2010, 3:20 pm

this was also my first meeting and i am in agreement with 7381 thattheir are many longstanding issues/gripes/ maybe even vendettas that need to be set aside.

Now while i am not a member of TTASA or MATT i see that the goin trend of thinking at this point is that motorsport's future depends greatly on these two coming together and settling their differences.

TTASA has the requiste qualifications in the form of the relevant FIA/NACAM affiliations as well as the recognition as an NSO.

MATT has under its umbrella affiliations with individual various motosport groups. Due to this and some lobbying to the then minister whose interests and MATT seemed to align allowing for the provision of subventions by govermental organisations. Which means that MATT has money to facilitate hosting of events. Which is what TTASA needs.

Now given that Mr. Hunt is no longer along with the previous administration, can MATT say that the new minister will continue with the subventions previosly given. It will be realised that there are two organisations vying for the ministers attention, approval and funding. No one in any position of authority will entertain such a situation.

Although TTASA is said to have a poor track record (no pun intended) regarding the advancement and management of motorsport in TnT they are the recognised NSO and do have the above mentioned qualifications of which MATT has neither.

Therefore if the minister mkes a choice between the two the prident direction may be TTASA due tothe established framework they have. So MATT may have to bow dey head and join TTASA rather than MATT telling TTASA to come and join them................hmmmm wonders wonders

So unless MATT achieves NSO status and the minister smile on them and they are able to continue to secure sponsorship privately for their events, them fellas hadda dong grade.

Then is TTASA men left with and it means much like what other authors in this forum have put forward the management of the executive hadda get bowl out............question is how can this be achieved.

People have said, because of the nature of the TTASA constitution the aboc=ve sentiemnt is easier said than done. On investigation i can say i have no awnsers as i could not find a copy of the TTASA constitution on their website.

Does anyone have access to one? or is able to explain the finer points so that all may know the possibilities for this reform. As this maybe the catlyst needed to motivate and mobilse people in a particular direction if feasibility is derived from the interpretstion of the TTASA constitution.

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » July 1st, 2010, 3:47 pm

We want more than the wars of our fathers....

W2J
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby W2J » July 1st, 2010, 4:00 pm

speed demon do you know in order to be an NSO you need to have affiliates from other disciplines does TTASA have any?

speed demon
Sweet on this forum

Postby speed demon » July 1st, 2010, 4:39 pm

Even if this is the case, TTASA once had the affiliations they got their status and they still have it.

like it or not this is the situation.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » July 1st, 2010, 5:13 pm

speed demon wrote:Even if this is the case, TTASA once had the affiliations they got their status and they still have it.

like it or not this is the situation.

1) In a case where a club forms after the inception of TTASA, and decides to not be affiliated with TTASA. Is that affiliation then forced?

2) In a case where a club decides to not be an affiliate of TTASA, and two members of the executive are invited to a dinner which was to be for a charitable cause, and handed a plaque of affiliation, would such an affiliation matter / count / be legally considered?

3) given the two examples above took place, would you look into the other affiliations? or go ahead with the previous statement?

kes_vtec
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kes_vtec » July 1st, 2010, 7:02 pm

say TTASA do "drop dead" don't you think you should be a member so that you can have a "voice" as to who goes in next?
PNW went out because you voted...

http://www.ttasaonline.com/aboutus.html
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

VISION:-
To become the premier International Motor Sport Facility in the Caribbean, providing world class Motor Sport education and entertainment for our people and others around the world.

MISSION:-
To provide a safe, secure, accessible environment for the development of Motor Sport talent to become competitive in all forms of Motor Sport including but not limited to World Class of Formula One - Drag Racing, World Class Rally Championships, Karting and Motor Cross.

OBJECTIVES:-
The main objectives are as follows:-

To develop all aspects of local Motor Sport competitions to international standards.
To promote business opportunities and income through Motor Sport Tourism.
To provide and expand downstream Motor Sport Services (i.e. International Sponsorship etc)
To provide permanent employment for Motor Sport Talent (i.e. Mechanics, DRivers, Navigators, Team Managers etc)
To manage and maintain an International facility by controlling Operating Costs, Opertaion Cash Flow and other business functions such as Marketing by our Management Team.
To Ensure safety in the management and operations of Motor Sport in all its forms (i.e. facilities and events etc) by strict, active observations, all safety measures and procedures inclusive but not limited to EMA Laws and International OSHA agreements.
To prepare and manage additional Motor Sport related activities and facilities to include Model Aircrafts, Cars, Trucks, Bikes, Boats, Parachute and Skydiving competitions.
To develop a Member's Club, to support the development and forum for the discussion of Motor Sport development and the support of interaction between the families of the participants.
To develop Motor Sport Games World, Motor Sport Store, Administration Office and Cafeteria facilities to cater for and further support of the Motor Sport enthusiast in a safe and controlled environment.
To create an environment of professionalism and "Trini Friendliness" that will attract competitors Worldwide.
To conduct driving schools for every citizen of Trinidad & Tobago to improve the level of understanding of motoring, thereby improving Road Safety in Trinidad & Tobago.

© Copyright TTASAonline 2008. All rights reserved
Created By : Black Widower Productions

next
http://www.ttasaonline.com/consti.html

1. NAME

The Association shall be called the TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO AUTOMOBILE SPORTS ASSOCIATION herein after referred as T.T.A.S.A. and shall have its Headquarters in Port of Spain.

2. OBJECTIVES

The objectives will be to encourage, sanction and promote development of all types of Motor Sport, consistent with intentional standards and to exercise courtesy and safety of all phases of driving participation.

In furtherance of the said objects, but not otherwise, TTASA may:

a.
Stimulate and encourage the public’s support for Motor Sport activities.

b.
Hold meetings, lectures, exhibitions and driving sessions.

c.
Raise funds, invite and receive contributions from person or persons, by way of subscriptions, donations or otherwise, provided that the Management Committee shall not undertake any permanent trading in raising funds for Motor Sport.

d.
Acquire by purchase, gift or otherwise and property, rights or privileges necessary for the continued promotion of Motor Sport activities.

Do all such other LAWFUL things as necessary for the attainment of the said Objects.

3. MEMBERS

A member is a person whose name is on the Roll of Members of the Association. Members shall be Five (5) categories namely

Honorary
Ordinary
Competition
Temporary
Affiliated Club and Association

4. HONORARY MEMBERS

a.
Any person who has rendered conspicuous service to Motor Sport and T.T.A.S.A. may be invited by the Management Committee to accept Honorary Membership.

b.
Such persons shall be exempted from annual subscription, and will be allowed to hold office and have voting rights in TTASA.

c.
Honorary Members can submit an annual voluntary contribution to TTASA.

5. ORDINARY MEMBERS

a.
Any person or resident in this country and over fifteen (15) years of age who is duly proposed and seconded by any bona fide member of the T.T.A.S.A. on the appropriate form may be elected by the Committee to Ordinary Membership.

b.
The entrance fee of $150.00 and the annual subscription of $500.00 shall accompany all applications for membership, which will be refunded if the application has been rejected.

c.
Annual subscription must be paid by all members, the deadline given as 31st March each year.

d.
Ordinary members shall be entitled to attend and vote in the General Assembly of TTASA and Special General Meetings of TTASA, and be elected to office on the Management Committee of TTASA.

6. COMPETITION MEMBERS

a.
Ordinary members who have obtained an FIA license issued by TTASA, the ASN of Trinidad and Tobago, as Competition Drivers shall be Competition Members.

b.
Competition members shall be entitled to attend and vote at the General Assembly of TTASA and Special General meetings of TTASA, and be elected to office on the Management Committee of TTASA.

7. TEMPORARY MEMBERS

a.
Visitors to the territory and all non-nationals may be elected to Temporary Membership for a period not exceeding nine (9) months. Temporary Members shall have no right to vote or hold office.

b.
Subscription of $10.00 US shall be payable by all Temporary Members.

c.
Temporary members who hold a valid FIA license or equivalent certification in their country of residence, may take part in T.T.A.S.A. Sanctioned Competition/ Events.

8. ELECTION OF MEMBERS

a.
Any person who is interested in actively furthering the purposes of TTASA is entitled to make an application as either an Ordinary or Temporary Member.

b.
Every application for membership shall be made to the Management Committee.

c.
Every application for membership must be made on the prescribed form.

d.
Every candidate for election as an Ordinary or Temporary Member shall proposed by one member and seconded by another on teh appropriate form, BOTH OF WHOM ARE PERSONALLY ACQUAINTED WITH THE CANDIDATE, AND ARE CURRENTLY FINANCIAL.

9. ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION

a.
All subscriptions shall become due on the 1st of January of each year. any member who has failed to pay his/ her subscription by the 31st March of each year shall have his/ her name struck off the membership list.

b.
A member struck off from the membership list may be reinstated by the Committee on payment of Entrance Fee and Annual Subscription.

c.
Any person applying for membership in the T.T.A.S.A. after 31st August shall pay half of the annual subscription and the full entrace fee.

d.
No members shall have the power to vote at any meeting of teh Association if his/ her subscriptions are in arrears at that time.

10. CESSATION OF MEMBERSHIP

This shall be:

a.
By voluntary resignation in writing and addressed to the Secretary.

b.
By expulsion, once the conduct of the member has brought the Association into disrepute.

c.
By being in arrears of dues.

11. MEMBERS OF THE T.T.A.S.A. MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

President
Vice President
Honorary Secretary
Honorary Treasurer
Competition Chairman
Member Representatives ( 2 )
- To be elected at the General Assembly of TTASA

12. TRUSTEES

The TTASA Board of Trustees shall comprise of five members, and the property of TTASA , other than the cash which will be under the control of the Treasurer, shall be vested in them to be dealt with as the Association shall from time to time direct by resolution (of which an entry in the Minute Book shall be conclusive evidence).

Trustees shall remain in office until death, though trustees may elect to resign, after serving any period in office. A trustee’s term in office also may be terminated if he/ she is incapable, whether mentally or physically of managing his/ her affairs. Vacancies on the Board of Trustees will then be filled by bye-election.

Only past Presidents are eligible for nomination to the Board of Trustees.

POWERS OF TRUSTEES

a.
Trustees will act in an advisory capacity to the Management Committee, in matters that affect the Association.

b.
Trustes shall have power under the direction of the Committee to make contracts with reference to the property of TTASA.

c.
To establish procedures to assist the resolution of disputes with the Association.

d.
The Trustees may also serve as an Appeal Council to the Association for decisions made both by the Management Committee and also in matters of Competition. Appeals must be in writing and addressed to the Secretary, which must in turn be forwarded to the Board of Trustees.

e.
The Trustees also serves as the Disciplinary Committee of matter that cannot be conclusively decided on by the Management Committee or the Association, extending also to competition matters.

f.
The Board of Trustees decides on all matters of the Association of Fundamental significance.

g.
To exercise any power of the Association not reserved at a General Meeting.

h.
Proposed amendments to the Constitution shall be submitted to the Board of Trustees for consultation.

The Board of Trustees has a quorum when at least half of its members participate in a resolution. Absent members of the Board of Trustees can participate in a resolution by requesting another member of the Board of Trustees or the Chairman submit their vote in writing, provided that none of the other members of the Board of Trustees objects to this procedure.

Resolutions can be passed with a simple majority of the votes. The Chairman has the casting vote.

13. MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

a.
The entire management of the affairs of the T.T.A.S.A. shall be entrusted to the Management Committee.

b.
The President shall be Chairman of the Management Committee. In his Absence, the Vice President shall preside. I the absence of both, a Chairman shall be elected.

c.
At any meeting of the Management Committee, five (5) members shall form a quorum.

d.
The Management Committee shall have the power to make regulations for the good of the T.T.A.S.A. until such time as they are rescinded or amended by a General Meeting of the T.T.A.S.A.

e.
The Committee shall have the power to authorize any expenditure of money that is necessary for the smooth running of the T.T.A.S.A. and shall institute an internal audit wherever necessary.

f.
Vacancies will be filled by the Bye Election at an Extraordinary General meeting of which twenty-five fully financial members present shall form a quorum.

g.
The Management shall make the best possible decision for the sport.

h.
The Honorary Secretary shall summon a meeting of the Committee when instructed to do so by the President, Vice President, or any two (2) members, or when in the opinion of the Honorary Secretary that there is sufficient business to warrant a meeting.

i.
There shall be three (3) signing officers of the T.T.A.S.A. The President, The Honorary Secretary and The Honorary Treasurer subject to section 18(b).

j.
Any member who holds administrative or executive position in any other Motor Sport Organization in this nation cannot hold management portfolio.

k.
Members of the Management Committee must attend Management meetings and any Officer who absents himself from three consecutive meetings, without having been excused shall be deemed to have abdicated office.

In determining the question of abdication however, the management Committee must satisfy itself that the member concerned was properly informed about all meetings.

14. GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF TTASA

The General Assembly of TTASA shall be held on the second Wednesday of July, every 2 years, at a venue to be announced and confirmed at least 21 days in advance.

A member of the Ministry of Sport may be invited by the Secretary to attend and oversee the general running of the General Assembly.

At the Annual General Assembly of the T.T.A.S.A. the business shall include:

A report of the works of the T.T.A.S.A. which shall be presented by the President.

Presentation of the audited accounts by the Honorary Treasurer.

Presentation of Competition Department Report.

Election of members of the Management Committee

Appointment of certified auditors for the ensuing term.

Consideration of any other business, of which due notice has been given.

Whenever necessary, the consideration of and voting on proposal to alter or amend this constitution in accordance with Section: 12 (h) whereby only Financial Members and Honorary Members may vote.

At the end of the General Assembly of TTASA Meeting, all documents, association’s property, files, correspondence including FIA etc. pertaining to the T.T.A.S.A. and its’ activities must be handed over immediately to the newly elected members with the appropriate notes, records, explanations and matters that require urgent attention and follow-up.

Nomination and Election of Officers:

a.
The President shall have the option to remain in power for two (2) terms, subject to a vote of ”No Confidence“ by the membership of the T.T.A.S.A. and shall not hold office for a period exceeding three (3) terms.

b.
For the appointment of members of the Committee, the appointment of auditors and any other business, members shall be given twenty-one (21) days notice in writing.

c.
All elections shall be by secret ballot.

d.
All members under clause 4, 5 and 6 are entitled to vote.

e.
At the General Assembly of TTASA, twenty-five fully financial members present shall form a quorum.

f.
Ordinary member wishing to propose a members(s) to the new Management Committee for the new term, must have the written approval of the member(s) selected and must be proposed and seconded in writing at least six (6) weeks before election day. (Effective July 1997).

g.
All candidates proposed for the office on the TTASA Management, with the exception of the position of President, must be elected to Ordinary Membership for at least one year prior to nomination.

h.
All candidates proposed for the position of President must have served for at least two terms on the Management Committee prior to nomination.

i.
The outgoing president shall be an ex-officio member of the new Management Committee, without any voting rights, for a period of one (1) year.

j.
Any past President, upon receiving consent from the sitting Management Committee, may have the privilege of attending any management meeting, but without any voting rights.

15. SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING

a.
The Honorary Secretary shall convene a Special General Meeting whenever instructed by the President, or on written requisition of the Committee, or on written requisition of twenty-five Financial members, and such requisition shall state the business to be transacted at such a meeting.

b.
The Honorary Secretary shall notify al members fourteen (14) days before the meeting date.

c.
At a Special General Meeting, twenty-five members present will form a quorum.

16. REGULAR MEETINGS

a.
Regular meetings shall be held on the second Wednesday of each month at 8:00 pm and such meetings will be held at a pre-arranged venus. At a regular monthly meeting, twenty (20) members will form a quorum.

b.
At 8:15 pm, if the quorum is not met, the Management Committee has the option to cancel the Monthly Club meeting, subject to a motion to waive this clause, to be proposed by the President or the Chairman and duly seconded by a financial Ordinary Member.

c.
Members must attend at least 75% of all monthly meetings to be entitled to Vote at a Special Meeting or the General Assembly of TTASA, unless a valid reason is given in writing for each absence.

17. DUTIES OF OFFICE – PRESIDENT

a.
The President shall preside over and chair all monthly meetings. It will be his/ her prerogative to chair any Committee meeting in his/ her capacity of ex-officio member.

b.
The President shall maintain order and decorum at every meeting and shall be held responsible for the discipline of the membership under his control.

c.
The President will be held responsible for the efficient and harmonious working association including the financial stability.

d.
Where the circumstances require, and after consultation with the Vice President, or Secretary, the President may make urgent decisions on behalf of the Association, subject to Section 12 (a).

e.
The President shall be empowered to draw cheques on the Committee’s account, subject to Section 18 (b) & (d).

DUTIES OF OFFICE - VICE PRESIDENT

To act for the President in the absence of the President.

DUTIES OF OFFICE – HONORARY SECRETARY

The Honorary Secretary shall:

a.
Conduct the Correspondence of the Association.

b.
Keep a record of all correspondence received by and emanating from the Association and present it to the President within 24 hours for vetting.

c.
Convene all meetings.

d.
Keep records of attendance and proceedings at meetings of the Management and Association and prepare the minutes thereof in the Minute Book of the Association.

e.
Keep a roll of members of the Association.

f.
Be empowered to draw cheques on the Association’s account, (subject to Section 18(b) and (d) and shall perform all such functions as may be delegated to him by the Management.

g.
Shall summon a meeting of the Management Committee when instructed to do so by the President, Vice-President or any two (2) members, or when in the opinion of the Honorary Secretary that there is sufficient business to warrant a meeting.

h.
The Honorary Secretary shall also act as the Secretary of all race meetings held at racing circuits either at Wallerfield or elsewhere and shall be the Secretary to the Race Director.

DUTIES OF OFFICE – HONORARY TREASURER

a.
The Honorary Treasurer will be responsible for all monies of the T.T.A.S.A.

b.
He shall keep proper accounts, as will enable him upon reasonable notice to present to the management and the Association, at any time, a reasonably accurate figure of the accounts of the Association. The Management Committee shall direct and authorize the meeting of expenses from time to time, when necessary.

c.
The Honorary Treasurer shall be responsible for all documents that pertain to the accounts of the T.T.A.S.A. and shall present the same documents and books for inspection by the auditors.

d.
The Honorary Treasurer shall produce the audited balance sheet and statement of account at the General Assembly of TTASA.

e.
The Honorary Treasurer shall be empowered draw cheques on the Assoctaion’s account (subject to Section 18(b) and (d) and shall perform all such functions as may be delegated to him by the management.

18. TTASA FUNDS

a.
The Honorary Treasurer shall deposit all TTASA Funds in the Association’s bank account, with such commercial bank as the Management Committee shall decide.

b.
TTASA funds shall be withdrawn only with the signature of the Honorary Treasurer and any of the other signing officers.

c.
The accounts shall be audited by an auditor appointed at the General Assembly of TTASA.

d.
The Management shall authorize in writing the President, the Secretary and the Treasurer of the Association to sign cheques on behalf of the Association. All cheques must be signed by no less than two (2) of the three authorized signatories subject also to Section 18(b).

e.
All monies raised by or on behalf of the Association shall be applied to further the objects of the Association and for no other purpose, provided that nothing herein shall prevent reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.

19. COMPETITIONS

a.
All competitions will be held within the framework of the competition regulation. A competition committee comprising of the Competition Chairman (Motor Sport), Competition Coordinator and two (2) members shall be presented to the Management Committee within fourteen (14) days of the Gassem of TTASA and will be responsible to the Management Committee for the organization and running of all motor sport events, subject to ratification of the Management Committee.

b.
The Competitions Chairman (Motor Sport) will be the T.T.A.S.A. representative to all affiliated Clubs, for the period that he holds office as Competitions Chairman.

c.
The Competition Chairman shall organize any function necessary for the successful promotion of Motor Sporting activities.

d.
The Competition Committee shall be headed by the Competition Chairman (Motor Sport) who shall notify members of the Competition Committee in writing or otherwise of the meetings when required, the venue and the purpose of the meeting.

e.
All TTASA competitions shall be governed by the rule and regulations of the TTASA which shall be drawn up by a joint committee comprising of the Management Committee and all the Competition Committee and shall be guided by the rules and regulations of FIA.

20. MISCONDUCT

Should any member of TTASA be found guilty of misconduct at TTASA meetings or at any other place which when brought to the attention of the Management Committee, having brought the TTASA into disrepute, the Committee will direct the Honorary Secretary to convene a General Meeting to consider the matter and if voting by secret ballot, two-thirds (2/3) or more of the members present decide that the name of such members be removed from the Register, that member will no longer be a member.

21. DEGREES OF MISCONDUCT

a.
Disrespect to Chairperson:

( 1 ) Expulsion from meeting, from any meeting of the TTASA

b.
Abusive/ Threatening/ Foul Language to Chairperson, Committee Member or Ordinary Member:

( 1 ) Expulsion from meeting, suspension from one other meeting plus a fine of TT $100.00

c.
Physical Abuse:

( 1 ) Expulsion from Association, without need for a Special General Meeting.

22. MEMBERS CONDUCT

Any member who resigned in good faith can apply for reinstatement, any member who has been struck off the Register for misconduct or otherwise, may re-apply after a period of three (3) years, or as decided by the Management Committee for a period up to life upon proper investigation. That individual will also be debarred from all activities and competitions of the TTASA during the period he/ she remains a non-member.

23. AFFILIATED CLUBS

a.
A General Council shall be elected with one month of the General Assembly of the TTASA which will comprise of two (2) members of each affiliated club and two (2) members of the TTASA

b.
The General Council shall hold meetings every first Monday every three months, at the existing TTASA house, or a pre-arranged venue.

c.
The General Council shall be the Tribunal responsible for the disciplinary action toward any member of the affiliated clubs.

d.
All affiliate clubs will be bound by the Constitution of the TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO AUTOMOBILE SPORTS ASSOCIATION and all affiliated clubs will pay an Annual Subscription fee of TT $1,250.00

e.
All clubs or motoring bodies wishing to promote racing, rallying speed trails, gymkahana or any form of speed and dexterity event, must be an affiliate member of TTASA

24. AMENDMENTS TO CONSTITUTION

This Constitution can be altered, added to, amended or removed only by resolution passed at a Special General Meeting or the General Assembly of TTASA, due notice of such a change, alteration, amendments, additions or removals having been given in accordance with section 12(h) and fourteen (14) B & E.

© Copyright TTASAonline 2008. All rights reserved
Created By : Black Widower Productions

Advertisement

Return to “The "NEW Race Track" Issue”