Forums

[BLOG]: Anil Roberts visits Wallerfield Racetrack

Somewhere where to run?

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Rooki3
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: [BLOG]: Anil Roberts visits Wallerfield Racetrack

Postby Rooki3 » June 2nd, 2010, 7:49 pm

glad to see thing moving in a forward, positive, socialilst(according to RASC) manner!!

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » June 2nd, 2010, 7:50 pm

viewtopic.php?p=4556200#p4556200
it wasnt bro.
there were at least two other threads with the same topic at hand.

Goolie
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Goolie » June 2nd, 2010, 7:57 pm

Yeah i know but there were NO THREADS present with Duane's/My heading.

This was something that was new that happened today and no '"ah hear so"

It's all good. Good stuff by Minister Roberts anyway

NarendZORCE
3NE 2NR Moderator

MotorSport to return to Wallerfield!

Postby NarendZORCE » June 2nd, 2010, 9:28 pm

The Minister of Sport visits Wallerfield with members of the Motosport Fraternity. Racing set to return and share the facility with eTeck as early as next weekend... We've got the pics to prove it!!! Click the link:
http://www.zorce.com/zjla/zorcerazzi/zorcenews/284-minister-of-sport-wants-motorsport-to-return-to-wallerfield

NarendZORCE
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: MotorSport to return to Wallerfield!

Postby NarendZORCE » June 2nd, 2010, 9:34 pm

Wagon-R aka Gerrard Wilson also took quite a few pics... look out for additional coverage soon.

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Re: MotorSport to return to Wallerfield!

Postby jm3 » June 2nd, 2010, 9:39 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Zed Sqd
Sweet on this forum

Postby Zed Sqd » June 2nd, 2010, 10:22 pm

All this sounds cool but don' get your hopes up as yet. Anil may have noble intentions (even though it may be temporary to satisfy the great need for a track), I doubt the area will be opened up as yet. Remember there are multi-million dollar contracts that have already been awarded for the development of the area by Eteck and to stop them juss so would have serious consequences. It won't be wise for the public to be in the area because of threats to the safety of the public and the contractors, and security risks to their equipment.

So the track may not available shortly as people are generally thinking.
Last edited by Zed Sqd on June 2nd, 2010, 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nigie
Shifting into 6th

Postby nigie » June 2nd, 2010, 10:38 pm

no matter what ..thats the best news i have heard motorsport wise in the last couple yrs..and actually i think politically a precedent has been set..so hats off 2 mr Roberts

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » June 2nd, 2010, 10:48 pm

this is just epic.

glad to know things are progressing.

now to all you people who said that

"trust me the track eh good to race on"
"trust me this"
"trust me that"

i say i told you so, i looks like you guys was going up there in the night cause the track is still there
with minor repairs needed.

but again this is great news people
time to uncover those projects and either wash and tune or complete them cause the time is here.

oh and MR. Saltydog ah see yuh on TV :)

:8

Zed Sqd
Sweet on this forum

Postby Zed Sqd » June 2nd, 2010, 10:53 pm

yup! he's thinking along the "right track" here.

trinigoon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby trinigoon » June 2nd, 2010, 11:56 pm

somebody say turn up d boost controllers ....boost ...boost....boost......yeh tunerz more pressure needed

CD4Accord
Riding on 18's

Postby CD4Accord » June 3rd, 2010, 12:05 am

While im glad to see wallerfield back, there was talk about 4 years ago that the FIA (International Automotive Federation) had set aside a development fund for a southern caribbean racetrack/strip for Trinidad..

Allegeedlly the plan was to set up a circuit somewhere in "central" which would have made great sense considering the entire country would have relatively easy access to it..
Then again, being central it would probably flood every time there is a drizzle.... Anyway, I wonder what became of this..

shimon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby shimon » June 3rd, 2010, 12:35 am

RASC very well thought out posts this is wat im thinking all the time quick note i work at the brian lara stadium and although it is not necessary in tnt right now the complex itself is very high tech and chuck full of innovative feautres although it could of been done alot better for the money spent its still worth using and abusing alot of you uncop cricket lovers will surely go there to play and learn the game i would if i were a cricketer as for wallerfield yes racers need safe ways to race there machines but be warned this is just to get the people to open to the fact that when wallerfield reopens other projects nearby which the people voted against will surely go forward this is just something to keep us quiet and satisfied for the moment i see right tthrough this adminsitration mabe mr warner sons contracting company may get a contract to develope the tract who knoes.

CD4Accord
Riding on 18's

Postby CD4Accord » June 3rd, 2010, 12:44 am

While I appreciate your post about brian lara stadium, I think its the first time I have seen over 150 words without a single piece of punctuation.. Rather impressive..

Nonetheless, I agree with you that the idea of a stadium in south is a good one, BUT the location, expenditure and intent are all wrong.. Wouldn't logic say that the stadium should be part of the "national cricket centre" .. or possibly move that to the BL stadium?

At this point I would obviously prefer if they could hurry up and finish it.. Despite stupendous cost overruns, it might as well be completed so that it can benefit the country in some way...

-----------

Back to racing... I think that the flat land just near to where BL stadium is being built (next to the gasparillo bypass) would have made a lovely site for a racetrack... Accessible, flat, not prone to flooding (as far as I know) and near to sando...

djaggs
Riding on 17's

Postby djaggs » June 3rd, 2010, 1:08 am

All the major racetracks world wide are privately owned and run, by the various race clubs. The F1 tarck in China was built with govt assistance but the new one in INdia which is supposed to be better than the Chinese Grand Prix Circuit (which was considered the best in the world) is privately owned. These tracks are business ventures cuz motor racing is big business world wide. The track make money for the owners.

If the govt here gets involved in establishing a track for us, will the entry be free? If there is a gate fee, who is going to have control of that money? Who will the profits belong to ??

In the past lots of money passed thru Wallerfield, but there is no evidence of that. No money was invested in the infrastructure. Who will determine what is done with the money and who will oversee the management of the facilities.

I would much prefer see a privately owned and managed race track as it is overseas. However, if the government gets involved, then the govt must take some kind of responsibility for its management. Dont leave it in private hands, after all, it is tax payers money.

323fsport
Street 2NR

Postby 323fsport » June 3rd, 2010, 7:15 am

I appreciate the new Gov't making efforts to keep promises to all... However, i'm deeply disappointed in how it has approached this particular issue. It seems as if they're in a path to uproot/undo anything that was put in place by the previous administration out of spite more than anything else.

Clearly the decision to reopen wallerfield for use by the motor sport fraternity went without a proper understanding and appreciation for the intended use of the Park. Much talk about diversification and having the economy rely less on oil and gas, yet, one of the major initiatives for this is where the administration is already throwing a wrench in the wheel.

Does one understand that by changing the purpose of the facility, even if it's to be shared, that international investors who had their eyes on setting up operations at this location, based on what was marketed to them, and what's being put in place, would no longer be interested? Opening up the facility means opening up their operations to all sorts of risks. To mention one...There are certifications related to the data center that's being built, in which i'm sure, now goes out of the window due to proximity of traffic/increased traffic flow and risks.

Definitely, this decision was made without vision and consultation... way to go Mr. Roberts! Happy for the motorsport fraternity... deeply disappointed in this particular decision made by the Gov't. Might as well change entirely the reason for the Park... turn it into a playground now since we surely not going to attract the knowledge based industries it was expecting.

Mr Gear
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Mr Gear » June 3rd, 2010, 7:43 am

^You sir are all wrong. The opening up of Wsllerfield will not cause investors to go away (not smart ones anyway). Opening up Wallerfield will attract additional investors because of the expanded scope of opportunities that the new realities presents.

If you were at Wallerfield you would not make statements like the ones you made. Any Data certification will not be compromised because of proximity to traffic as you've implied.

I was involved in a project and the location of the data centre was underground with ten foot thick walls and in the immediate vicinity of this location is a highway normal normal and what this data centre was being used for (security) traffic was no impediment for certification.

As for other commentators that have said that the Gov is on some sort of mission of spite trying to derail this and that, please keep your emotions in check and only make statements with credible, verifiable FACTS as proof of your allegations.

Finally, Minister Roberts stated repeatedly that no confirmation for use of this facility would be made before lunchtime on Friday after the Cabinet meeting and discussions with the Minister of Trade who could not make it to Wallerfield yesterday. He admittedly stated that his intention was to see racing back at Wallerfield as soon as possible even if just temporary but he still needed to consult with key stakeholders before committing government approval for access to the location for the purpose of racing in the short term. In the long term racing at Wallerfield will only be considered if it proves to be a good fit for what is in the works already for use of Wallerfield, eg UTT, Alutrint, Business Park and so on.

Don´t just hear what you want to hear but rather listen to all that he said and carefully consider the information. I think that people are getting tied up between the stage personality and the intelligence of this Minister. This man is sharp.

I am concerned that people are looking to rush to get back into racing without the proper safety in place. Any accident there now will seal the faith of any further public consideration on racing on the whole.

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 3rd, 2010, 7:55 am

LOL - i saw my van in some of the photos too - meh padna borrow it to go to this meeting and park it where everyone meet.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » June 3rd, 2010, 8:02 am

Mr Gear wrote:^You sir are all wrong. The opening up of Wsllerfield will not cause investors to go away (not smart ones anyway). Opening up Wallerfield will attract additional investors because of the expanded scope of opportunities that the new realities presents.
If you were at Wallerfield you would not make statements like the ones you made. Any Data certification will not be compromised because of proximity to traffic as you've implied.

I was involved in a project and the location of the data centre was underground with ten foot thick walls and in the immediate vicinity of this location is a highway normal normal and what this data centre was being used for (security) traffic was no impediment for certification.

As for other commentators that have said that the Gov is on some sort of mission of spite trying to derail this and that, please keep your emotions in check and only make statements with credible, verifiable FACTS as proof of your allegations.

Finally, Minister Roberts stated repeatedly that no confirmation for use of this facility would be made before lunchtime on Friday after the Cabinet meeting and discussions with the Minister of Trade who could not make it to Wallerfield yesterday. He admittedly stated that his intention was to see racing back at Wallerfield as soon as possible even if just temporary but he still needed to consult with key stakeholders before committing government approval for access to the location for the purpose of racing in the short term. In the long term racing at Wallerfield will only be considered if it proves to be a good fit for what is in the works already for use of Wallerfield, eg UTT, Alutrint, Business Park and so on.

Don´t just hear what you want to hear but rather listen to all that he said and carefully consider the information. I think that people are getting tied up between the stage personality and the intelligence of this Minister. This man is sharp.

I am concerned that people are looking to rush to get back into racing without the proper safety in place. Any accident there now will seal the fate of any further public consideration on racing on the whole.

I've highlighted what I think are key points in Mr.Gear's completely relevant, objective input....most wholeheartedly the last admonition not to rush headlong into what is still 'the dark'.
The Minister of Sport has displayed complete babance in his approach.- a no-nonsense, direct one - that makes sense to us all.
Please. folks, let's adopt that same commonsense & motor racing will get it's just dues.

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 3rd, 2010, 8:05 am

Mr Gear talk some sense there - what i gathered from the meeting was to find out the viability of racing again in wallerfield in a temporary manner - not to upset anything being done there right now. Remember building a track will take years to build, in the meanwhile why can't we use the empty track in the photos shown? They are not being used right now - there isn't any buildings going up there. I guess we have to wait and see what happens weekend.

QG
punchin NOS

Re: Sports Minister Visits wallerfield today

Postby QG » June 3rd, 2010, 8:54 am

skyline dett wrote:yeah i saw it to thank god its about time

yup lol

De Bench
Riding on 17's

Changing Call sign--> Circuit Clio rising

Postby De Bench » June 3rd, 2010, 9:03 am

This is fantastic news, now all the circuit cars that have been shipped out of Trinidad can be brought home to use OUR track.
Finally, TnT can once again be on the regional Motor Sport map.

SO, with this news changes will be needed.
New cam, sodium valves, 15" 4 pot brake kit, widebody kit.

No co-driver, Circuit Clio rising

Zeriam
punchin NOS

Re: PLEASE CONFIRM

Postby Zeriam » June 3rd, 2010, 10:39 am

tr1ad wrote:all i want to know is why these "racers" need a handout from the government

performance parts expensive

navindramadhoo
Ricer

Postby navindramadhoo » June 3rd, 2010, 10:52 am

RASC u have gud points but we all paying taxes, and yet still i didnt get my road pave, but dats not the point we all pay taxes and the previous goverment spent so many millions to build stadiums all over the country which is a gud, is there gonna have track and field and football year round only in these stadiums, wat about the other sports. i think the previous PM shuda build a basket ball arena a name it after he son, since they were only building structures with our tax payers money.
RASC y dont u talk about a 2million dollar flag that was put in the national thats my tax money gone there 2. that 2 million could have been spent on the race track by the same sport minister at that point in time.
as a matter of fact i wonder if they give into consideration to the wear and tear of the material that was used, we living in a windy and rainny country, and if a very stront breez blow that flag will rip of the pole, if that happens it may fly on a passer by car an can cause a serious accident.

i c that u place a video with a facility being built, it is in construction at present, i assume it is in the US, u have 2 remember there are drag racing facilities all over the US we have none in sweeeeeet T&T, we have stadiums which are not used that often and a 2million dollar flag.

any way 2million and the auto sport ppl wouda be racing long time now. but that is wat happen wen u wanna defend those highly intellectual ppl to run a country.

so as my friend V2NR 3.0 said u r welcome to the event, there will be a special vvvvvvvip place 4 u to sit, only ur money can afford that kind treatment.

so tink about it, the next time u want to talk bout tax payers money, talk about the 2 million dollar man and his flag, and i tink he does be on tuner to.

i tink some1 should write a book about the previous goverment and wat they did 4 T&T.

Rx
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Rx » June 3rd, 2010, 11:52 am

**hick..

WTB:

subaru performance parts

toyracer
Riding on 13's

Postby toyracer » June 3rd, 2010, 12:44 pm

Hi folks, greetings from Jamaica. This is good news, and stirs interest in returning to Trinidad for circuit racing. The Caribbean Championship is in full swing, and, once a suitable facility exists Trinidad should definitely be a part of it. You can expect calls from officials here etc. I sincerely hope for a favorable announcement following the Cabinet meeting etc.

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 3rd, 2010, 4:00 pm

personal attacks on people not going to make anything work - and as i understand too - you can get ban for that...
Besides that - RASC made some valid points- i too hold the view that a home for MotorSport be a private and not a government issue. What the government can do is give incentives to investors. There is more than enough businessman right now interested in MotorSports - its a huge moneymaking venture around the world.
Like i said before - building a track not going to happen overnight so what Anil Roberts and the Cabinet -I hope would give temporary access to some parts of wallerfield to drag race on -just till the permanent home for MotorSports be established.

Rooki3
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rooki3 » June 3rd, 2010, 4:03 pm

building a track not going to happen overnight so what Anil Roberts and the Cabinet -I hope would give temporary access to some parts of wallerfield to drag race on -just till the permanent home for MotorSports be established

indeed :idea:

xaira
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby xaira » June 3rd, 2010, 4:39 pm

i is a die hard PNM fella, but i must say i glad to know this project takin place,

@RASC, socialism isnt always a bad thing, when socialism is handled with the interest of all in the society at heart, alot of good can come from it, we have to remember that in the US there are people and firms controlling $billions that can invest in mega projects, but we live in t&t, we have not many firms much less private stake holders that can invest in mega risk investments, + we have like 1.2 million people in a society where the annual budget is average 40billion dollars, the govt can spend money ok, its better to have the drags in a controlled regulated environment adding to the GDP....

christophersimpson
Ricer

Postby christophersimpson » June 3rd, 2010, 4:47 pm

i dont mind paying money to be a spectator/participate in racing once they not trying dig out my eye like camden

Advertisement

Return to “The "NEW Race Track" Issue”