TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

FINALLY ... A New Drag Racing Track !!!

Somewhere where to run?

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

xtr_12
Riding on 13's

Postby xtr_12 » June 6th, 2009, 5:30 am

Lets all rem. it's Trinidad&Tobago,not Tobago alone :wink: .Besides i eh go mind spending the extra fifty to puh de car on the boat. Dah would be a real nice garthering on the t&t express to go across :mrgreen: :drinking:

redheart
Riding on 13's

Postby redheart » June 6th, 2009, 6:25 am

Make yuh come across with 10sec cars because we ready for the trini vs tobago competition................... boat ride should be sweet, if not take 1 gravol...lol

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » June 6th, 2009, 6:39 pm

Ok, as i said before. A track is being built in Tobago the man is a God sent, buttt...A few things have been over looked, such as it is going to be quite costly, $350 ferry fee, racing gas, Tobogo's food prices are higher, accomodations, and not to mention the man indicated to me that his track is for everyone, so promotors will be used, fact is they are already planing for you, and now we come to regestation fees the track would be rented with full works. before you even launch at the light $1000.

biggreen
3NE 2NR for life

Postby biggreen » September 22nd, 2009, 1:13 pm

any pics yet of the progress?

Tuner Imports
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Tuner Imports » October 5th, 2009, 2:28 pm

MICROTECH 7 wrote:Ok, as i said before. A track is being built in Tobago the man is a God sent, buttt...A few things have been over looked, such as it is going to be quite costly, $350 ferry fee, racing gas, Tobogo's food prices are higher, accomodations, and not to mention the man indicated to me that his track is for everyone, so promotors will be used, fact is they are already planing for you, and now we come to regestation fees the track would be rented with full works. before you even launch at the light $1000.

That may be true but the fact still remains that Trinidad & Tobago will have a Racetrack. What about how it was when the guys from Tobago used to come to Trini to race? How did they felt about it? We can't fight it bro, we are getting a track and we just have to say thanks to the man who pulled it through.

Skyline_babe
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Skyline_babe » October 5th, 2009, 2:41 pm

hmmm..looks like i will be in tobago more often....

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » October 7th, 2009, 8:12 am

Tuner Imports wrote:
MICROTECH 7 wrote:Ok, as i said before. A track is being built in Tobago the man is a God sent, buttt...A few things have been over looked, such as it is going to be quite costly, $350 ferry fee, racing gas, Tobogo's food prices are higher, accomodations, and not to mention the man indicated to me that his track is for everyone, so promotors will be used, fact is they are already planing for you, and now we come to regestation fees the track would be rented with full works. before you even launch at the light $1000.

That may be true but the fact still remains that Trinidad & Tobago will have a Racetrack. What about how it was when the guys from Tobago used to come to Trini to race? How did they felt about it? We can't fight it bro, we are getting a track and we just have to say thanks to the man who pulled it through.

guess microtech rather ferry across to grenada :?
cya please trini

miguel granville
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby miguel granville » October 7th, 2009, 3:13 pm

lol

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » October 7th, 2009, 8:30 pm

MG Man wrote:
Tuner Imports wrote:

guess microtech rather ferry across to grenada :?
cya please trini

I beg to differ here MG......
'is Grenada rather WE ferry across to dem......'
no offense here , Miguel,
rgds

redheart
Riding on 13's

Postby redheart » October 7th, 2009, 9:32 pm

Well guys, work has stopped on the track for about 5 months now. This is to allow the earth to settle. Two mountains were cut down and two ditches were filled, so we need time to allow the soil to settle naturally. Work should resume by November into March. April should see a basic track down and then to complete infrastructure

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » October 7th, 2009, 10:12 pm

hope the track wide enough for a lil dex too :mrgreen:

Skyline_babe
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Skyline_babe » October 8th, 2009, 10:42 am

^^^ first time i actually agree with you

Maserati
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Maserati » October 13th, 2009, 10:59 am

redheart,where d pics? :lol:

Tam probably said 'If you want something done, you got to do it yourself'

swedenman
Riding on 13's

Postby swedenman » April 12th, 2010, 11:17 pm

Hi all who r crying abo a racetrack. be realistic guy's, do u really expect the government of Trinidad to build a drag race track? Why should they do that?
Can't keep the public roads up to a good standard, why should they put down asphalt for some race freaks ? Don't take me wrong, i would love if they would, i have race for 30 years myself, now latest in Suriname, where i got the traffic authorities to close of a piece on a highway Sat and Sund for race. ( I've live there 5 year ) took me two years to make these happen, a lot of meetings and time doh. Now they allow it six times per year. Can we make the same thing happen in Trinidad ? Is there any registered motor sport organization in Trinidad ? How many race freaks do we have in Trinidad & Tobago ? Who are serious enough to put down 500 TT as a start fee ? It's a big thing to organize fellas.

Comments welcome.

swedenman
Riding on 13's

New Race Track

Postby swedenman » April 13th, 2010, 9:57 pm

Hi all who r crying abo a racetrack. be realistic guy's, do u really expect the government of Trinidad to build a drag race track? Why should they do that?
Can't keep the public roads up to a good standard, why should they put down asphalt for some race freaks ? Don't take me wrong, i would love if they would, i have race for 30 years myself, now latest in Suriname, where i got the traffic authorities to close of a piece on a highway Sat and Sund for race. ( I've live there 5 year ) took me two years to make these happen, a lot of meetings and time doh. Now they allow it six times per year. Can we make the same thing happen in Trinidad ? Is there any registered motor sport organization in Trinidad ? How many race freaks do we have in Trinidad & Tobago ? Who are serious enough to put down 500 TT as a start fee ? It's a big thing to organize fellas.

Comments welcome.

noplasticcars

Postby noplasticcars » April 18th, 2010, 9:13 pm

..77. wrote:Ok I been away a while from reading and posting . How did Tobago get a track and not Trinidad . How many people live on Tobago to support and race there . Enuff to support it . Trinidad definitely has a bigger market share for such a venture ..77.

De man who buildin it is a tobagonian , yuh expect him to build it in trinidad?.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » April 18th, 2010, 9:50 pm

the soon-to-be-outgoing prime minister and sports 'minister' did not support motor racing in the proper way......
after elections, motor racing will see better fortunes under new government...
in ah while :idea: :idea: :idea:

Garrett Inside
Trinituner Peong

Postby Garrett Inside » April 22nd, 2010, 10:16 pm

can one of u tobago fellas, post a pic or at least pm me the directions to tam's track, so that when next i'm over there i could get a glimpse.

i whole heartedly support his project, i could only imagine the expenses.
i do hope this track can finish.

mobz_sknmotorsports
Ricer

Re: FINALLY ... A New Drag Racing Track !!!

Postby mobz_sknmotorsports » June 7th, 2010, 3:46 am

well i realise you guys have seen our track .. :) well i am one of the 3 admins for www.sknmotorsports.com ... if you go on to it or on to our facebook page you can see our track and cars.. we have cars from antigua,st.thomas,st.croix,st.martin,anquilla comiing over to nevis just for racing.. we are not a full 1/4 mile.. we are a 1000ft run making our fastest time on the track a 8.9 on the 1000ft by a 13b rx7 many cars are not getting enough trackbite to launch n time to boost to come on and all of that..but other than that its all good
and our fastest car on the island isnt up since the track opened but we yet to see it
BTW! does anyone know if trinidad came in partnership with the Nevis Drag racing assc.. to lease the track there is a rumour around stating this...

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » June 7th, 2010, 10:59 am

mobz_sknmotorsports wrote:well i realise you guys have seen our track .. :) well i am one of the 3 admins for www.sknmotorsports.com ... if you go on to it or on to our facebook page you can see our track and cars.. we have cars from antigua,st.thomas,st.croix,st.martin,anquilla comiing over to nevis just for racing.. we are not a full 1/4 mile.. we are a 1000ft run making our fastest time on the track a 8.9 on the 1000ft by a 13b rx7 many cars are not getting enough trackbite to launch n time to boost to come on and all of that..but other than that its all good
and our fastest car on the island isnt up since the track opened but we yet to see it
BTW! does anyone know if trinidad came in partnership with the Nevis Drag racing assc.. to lease the track there is a rumour around stating this...

:shock: things happening... :D

mobz_sknmotorsports
Ricer

Postby mobz_sknmotorsports » June 8th, 2010, 1:57 am

hey im not to sure yet.. i heard a couple romours i will have to ask the President on the track to know if this is true or not but it will be sick because we are looking forward to seeing trini cars..

wraith
Trinituner Peong

Postby wraith » June 9th, 2010, 10:31 am

mobz_sknmotorsports wrote:hey im not to sure yet.. i heard a couple romours i will have to ask the President on the track to know if this is true or not but it will be sick because we are looking forward to seeing trini cars..

From my understanding it will be a partnership but it will be the trini (the one with experience in this type of sporting arena) will be in charge of the track and events.

Meaning that the track will now have rules and regulations which will have to be adhered to.

There is also suppose to be changes to the lay out of the facility to make it more safe for the spectators and drivers.

mobz_sknmotorsports
Ricer

Postby mobz_sknmotorsports » June 9th, 2010, 12:00 pm

SICK!!!!! well i will talk for all!... that St.Kitts,Nevis,Anquilla,Tortola,St.Maartin Cant Wait to see trinidad come over..
i know one thing they will do is lengthen the track.. i believe the safety of spectators are great to me.. the seating is bad.. but when it comes to safety its good

wraith
Trinituner Peong

Postby wraith » June 14th, 2010, 11:39 am

mobz_sknmotorsports wrote:SICK!!!!! well i will talk for all!... that St.Kitts,Nevis,Anquilla,Tortola,St.Maartin Cant Wait to see trinidad come over..
i know one thing they will do is lengthen the track.. i believe the safety of spectators are great to me.. the seating is bad.. but when it comes to safety its good

nope, i asked them if they will lengthen the track and they said no. because you do not have the distance for fast cars to stop if running 1/4 mile they will only be doing 1/8 mile.

so gearing will be important for those running.

mobz_sknmotorsports
Ricer

Postby mobz_sknmotorsports » June 15th, 2010, 11:35 am

oh ok then cool.. because the full lenght of the track at the moment is 2000ft i believe...then sand pit..

Red Dawg
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Red Dawg » June 17th, 2010, 2:57 pm

Wraith,
Where you gettin you information from???

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » June 21st, 2010, 10:48 pm

shhhhhhhhhh

Red Dawg
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Red Dawg » June 23rd, 2010, 9:46 am

Shhhhhhh,
It have fellahs from TTASA in here.
doh say nutting....

Triumph
Street 2NR

Postby Triumph » June 23rd, 2010, 3:44 pm

I think that TTASA has a lot to offer when it comes to motor sport.
All one has to do is to look at their past performance,
and just do the exact opposite. TTASA couldn't manage a barbecue stall.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » June 24th, 2010, 3:53 pm

^^^^ Sound like a UNC campaign add yes :D.

Advertisement

Return to “The "NEW Race Track" Issue”