Forums

Party Time Race Team offers another suggestion to TTASA

Somewhere where to run?

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Party Time Race Team offers another suggestion to TTASA

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 31st, 2008, 5:44 pm

Sheldon Bissessar and the Party Time Race Team are frustrated by the restrictions at Camden, namely the inability to use traction compound on the runway surface. Here is another suggestion to TTASA in hopes of a work-around: Make a new track on the side of the runway on the current return-lane.

Sheldon Bissessar wrote:2008, July 31, 2008

Mr. Nizam Mohammed
President – Trinidad & Tobago Automobile Association (T.T.A.S.A.)

Dear Sir,
With regards to the letter dated June 16, 2008 which was addressed to Dr. Baboolal (Chairman of Trustees), no response has yet been forwarded to indicate approval for the application and removal of traction compound. I am now assuming that this approval has not been granted and as such drag racing is continuing in a very unsafe manner. I do hope that you Mr. Mohammed, President of TTASA would make an attempt in convincing the authorities that traction compound can be applied and removed thereby facilitating and promoting safe drag racing, as it should be. If your attempts prove futile, Sheldon Bissessar and the Party Time Racing Team would like to put forward the following suggestion for your
review.

Again, with the aim of facilitating all involved, and the main concern being the non approval for the application of traction compound on the airstrip, our suggestion is to totally eliminate this concern by not using the runway, but instead, developing the left side of the runway, which is presently the return lanes. This can be achieved by paving a 1700 ft. long and 34 ft. wide additional track and shut down area. This area will now be the same width and length as the existing track. The entire area from start to finish can then be ground using a terrazzo machine, both lanes could be prepared in the same manner using traction compound and the dragging of tyres.

In my opinion, this will provide a very safe and sound racing surface for all to enjoy, definitely resolving the issue of traction compound concerns on the main airstrip. There will also be the option of lengthening the track so as to move the race track further down thereby allowing a larger pit area. One lane of the existing drag strip can be used for your return lane creating a much larger paved area to the right for possible stands accommodation. The entry way and the existing stands area can be leveled and paved with slag which is not a very costly product. This can be obtained at the Mittal Steel Plant and it would ensure safe and secure parking. A larger entry bridge can be installed so as to
accommodate race trailer entry. This would now mean having drag racing events independent of Briko’s entrance.

This is an effort by Sheldon Bissessar and the Party Time Racing Team to provide possible solutions that may be capable of ensuring that drag racing continues, and continues in a safe manner also.
Last edited by Duane 3NE 2NR on August 18th, 2008, 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SUPAstarr
punchin NOS

Postby SUPAstarr » July 31st, 2008, 5:52 pm

Great idea, apply to pave on the side so drag racin has no effect or interference wit the facility.

MANIAC
Riding on 16's

Postby MANIAC » August 1st, 2008, 9:50 am

Sounds like a good plan ... I hope this one dont get shot down too !

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » August 1st, 2008, 9:58 pm

Only 1700 ft ? That would be appropriate for slowing down of the faster cars ? (I assume so since Sheldon is the pro)... just sounds short?

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » August 1st, 2008, 10:50 pm

^Same thing i thought as well...normally arent the runoffs a further 1/4 mile?

backpressure
Riding on 13's

Postby backpressure » August 2nd, 2008, 6:59 am

ah we call him a PRO, fans & people look up too persons like him in the real world. these people must live a life that leads by example. (do onto others as others would do onto u) . lets leave it like that.

be a PRO sheldon bessissar.

MANIAC
Riding on 16's

Postby MANIAC » August 2nd, 2008, 2:21 pm

^ Is anyone else doing anything bout the situation ?

Maserati
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Maserati » August 2nd, 2008, 2:26 pm

backpressure, what you one about? :?

Advil
Riding on 16's
Location: searching for an avatar that will not offend the idiots

Postby Advil » August 2nd, 2008, 2:44 pm

so the half a milli that TTASA get, will that suffice to the modifications of the air strip?

380 feet to stop a vehicle moving at 200+kmph sounds a bit close, but i drive a slow car.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » August 2nd, 2008, 2:47 pm

One lane of the existing drag strip can be used for your return lane creating a much larger paved area to the right for possible stands accommodation

granted that it hasn't happened since Camden has been used for racing, but in the event of an emergency landing...........................how feasible would it be to have stands on the runway?

zaxxon1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zaxxon1 » August 2nd, 2008, 8:36 pm

wagonrunner wrote:
One lane of the existing drag strip can be used for your return lane creating a much larger paved area to the right for possible stands accommodation

granted that it hasn't happened since Camden has been used for racing, but in the event of an emergency landing...........................how feasible would it be to have stands on the runway?

Even if it happens the way races are setup now they still could not land. The strip is too short for most commercial airlines and the wing-span of some of those planes would almost reach where the stands are now. In any case, the stands would not be on the run way itself but the removable stands would be on the solid, apron on the runway, and again only the front of the stands so it will be more comfortable for spectators to move to and fro. It seems that a lot of people are confused or are interpreting the suggestion wrong. On the other hand a lot of people called a few members of PTRT for an explanation on the suggestion that was posted before considering posting. I will try to draw a diagram explaining what was said in the letter for those that are not familiar with the track and the surroundings. I will post it when I am finished and it may shed some light on what was said. Remember, this is not a hard and fast suggestion meaning that things have to be done this way, it is only a suggestion. Other people with ideas, instead of staying quiet should put forward their suggestions also. TTASA will need options to bargin with for the renewal of the lease (soon). Come guys, think, it would be a sorry state if we have to go another year or two without somewhere to run the cars that so much of us are working on. This is not for only the faster race cars, once you put a gas treatment in you car you are considered a tuner. I will go to the drawing board and come again.

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » August 2nd, 2008, 9:02 pm

^Don't get us wrong...noone is knocking the suggestion...just a few questions arising such as if its long enough and if its feasible are the possible concerns, so tha tperhaps you guys can modify your plan to suit

zaxxon1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zaxxon1 » August 2nd, 2008, 9:34 pm

This can be achieved by paving a 1700 ft. long and 34 ft. wide additional track and shut down area. This area will now be the same width and length as the existing track.

I think this statement with this drawing should shed some light. This is just one perspective, we need other ideas. We need a place to race while the new track is being bargained for (we don't know how long this will take). We need positive ideas, this is for the love of the sport not for props or medals. I sure if Government say they giving we use of wallerfield on certain days only, we would all pitch in (there's another idea), so it does not matter if its Wallerfield, Camden, Foreshore or by the Brian lara stadium.

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » August 2nd, 2008, 10:14 pm

if the paved area coulda been the track and not the stopping area it woulda been nice... (hoping we get approval)

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 2nd, 2008, 11:00 pm

^ so that they can have more room for the pits? perhaps - but then they wouldnt have enough stopping distance

zaxxon1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zaxxon1 » August 3rd, 2008, 9:12 am

southside crew wrote:if the paved area coulda been the track and not the stopping area it woulda been nice... (hoping we get approval)

This is the basic model to at lease start racing. It would be nice to have the whole track paved. The area in black, completes the 1320 strip then has an additional 1400 ft for stoppin. Remember, the existing surface would be harder and this is what will be
The entire area from start to finish can then be ground using a terrazzo machine, both lanes could be prepared in the same manner using traction compound and the dragging of tyres.

There would be more pit and spectator space as well as not interfere with conditions of Briko and the runway. The stopping distance would not be paved like the runway, but just to provide a surface for stopping and cover up the grass etc. That area can be seen in this photo, the grass along the track) on the right side of the car.

Bezman
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Bezman » August 6th, 2008, 11:50 am

a very good idea for the 1/2 mil that will be in their bank account soon

MANIAC
Riding on 16's

Postby MANIAC » August 6th, 2008, 12:02 pm

So, what is the latest with this proposal ?

mafia-boss
Street 2NR

Postby mafia-boss » August 10th, 2008, 12:00 pm

its not only if we get d approval but if d .5 million dissapears into somebody pocket :?

SRT-4
Ricer

my .02 cents

Postby SRT-4 » August 10th, 2008, 3:56 pm

Trinidad and Tobago is very fortunate to have plenty infrastructure for sports. Cyclists have at least 7 tracks to race on. Footballers have at least 5 stadiums, Cricketers have the oval , the brian lara stadium still being built .
Horse racers have their racing facilities, what does automotive racing have?
Nothing Permanent thats what?
It's a good time to approach government and corporate sponsors to merge and make things happen in TandT.

Is Mr Mohommed and Dr Baboolal up to the task. Lets wit another 25 years and see.

MANIAC
Riding on 16's

Postby MANIAC » August 22nd, 2008, 9:34 am

Duane,
Any update on this proposal ?? ...

Advertisement

Return to “The "NEW Race Track" Issue”