TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Camden concerns - Letter to TTASA

Somewhere where to run?

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

shapeshop
Riding on 13's

Postby shapeshop » June 20th, 2008, 8:12 am

Here we go again fellas...ease up on the attacks and everyone take a lil Preparation H.
Few month back i said this was going to happen but my posts were deleted for bashing the Minister of Sport. Instead of all of this you all need to realize is the strip at Camden is not designed for motorsport. In Trinidad were are not motorsport professionals, just enthusiasts. If this is something that is going to survive in Trinidad it must be viable..for it to be viable we have to bring in persons who are professionals in the field and whom can provide a structure where a facility or facilities can be produced so that all forms of motor sport are a profitable and viable industry here. TTasa and Autosport, and other promoters should look a land lease agreement 1000yrs or so, bring in some track designers and architects and some of you PNM big wigs on the forum talk to your Ministers whom you are "tight"" with, and lets make this industry beneficial to everyone....Motorsport tourism revenue runs into the billions of usd each year world wide..why can't we get some?........come on fellas stop fighting over some stupid piece of cane land in middle of nowhere where you can't even park a hundred "bull cyart". SO stop thinking "second class".

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » June 20th, 2008, 10:31 am

Shapeshop, you make sense and this was already done with this…..
"bring in some track designers and architects" - way back in 2004 with designs and discussions shown to and held with Mr. Boynes.

and this too
"some of you PNM big wigs on the forum talk to your Ministers whom you are "tight"" with"

But all we are hearing now is "if yuh touch we NSO, ah hope allyuh have Court clothes."

And Link, in typical style you dodge my point where YOU said, "equipment on the seas". This was totally untrue.

Again Link, your last post shows that when you are ready you can be cool and even make sense, so cut the hate, and accept that we just cannot continue with the status quo, changes must be made, then Motor Sport will definitely move forward. Peace again.

shapeshop
Riding on 13's

Postby shapeshop » June 20th, 2008, 12:17 pm

Here here ..love and bubbles.....

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » June 20th, 2008, 5:11 pm

WHOA... link off topic FTMFL !!

maybe you should change your s/n to 'broken-link' ?

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » June 20th, 2008, 7:47 pm

X2 wrote:WHOA... link off topic FTMFL !!

maybe you should change your s/n to 'broken-link' ?

I feel 'missing link' will do d trick :D :wink:

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » June 20th, 2008, 7:53 pm

AutoSport wrote:And Link, in typical style you dodge my point where YOU said, "equipment on the seas". This was totally untrue.

ur sure I wasn't referring to the Pulsar GTiR ?? it's number 3 parked up in the garage awaiting a circuit track over a year now....

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » June 20th, 2008, 9:48 pm

Link boy you are a real joke. What about the Circuit track on the drag strip?

But congratulations to the new TTASA President and you as Competition Secretary and to the promoter who getting all the events to run now. Way to go.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » June 21st, 2008, 7:14 am

AutoSport wrote:Link boy you are a real joke. What about the Circuit track on the drag strip?

But congratulations to the new TTASA President and you as Competition Secretary and to the promoter who getting all the events to run now. Way to go.

I certaintly don't think that having three curcuit/endurance race cars parked up three years & counting....is a joke.....actual competitors know this scenario...

it doesn't make sense for me to be obtuse here & say a dragstrip is too narrow to put a circuit track.....
rather...I will choose to say that : in an attempt to to make the Camden facility address the needs of as much disciplines as possible, attempts were made to enable basic useage (starting with circuit racing) which could not followed through because of 'concerns' by various elements.
you read between the lines , but reposting serves no purpose here.
I for one, advocate the scenario of many promotors vying for slots where quality events can be realised........
there is an established administrative line of authority, rules & regs.......
just follow the white lines :idea:
:wink:

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » June 21st, 2008, 7:22 am

link wrote:
AutoSport wrote:Link boy you are a real joke. What about the Circuit track on the drag strip?

I certaintly don't think that having three curcuit/endurance race cars parked up three years & counting....is a joke.....actual competitors know this scenario...
it doesn't make sense for me to be obtuse here & say a dragstrip is too narrow to put a circuit track.....
rather...I will choose to say that : in an attempt to to make the Camden facility address the needs of as much disciplines as possible, attempts were made to enable basic useage (starting with circuit racing) which could not followed through because of 'concerns' by various elements.
you read between the lines , but reposting serves no purpose here.
I for one, advocate the scenario of many promotors vying for slots where quality events can be realised........
there is an established administrative line of authority, rules & regs.......
just follow the white lines :idea:
:wink:

yet still you cant see the light

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » June 21st, 2008, 8:00 am

[quote="SR
yet still you cant see the light

u know I can't resist you :shock:
but...
.....actual competitors know this scenario...

moving backward gets u a W.D.
:!: :wink:

squid
Riding on 13's

drags for next weekend

Postby squid » June 21st, 2008, 10:32 am

anyone knows if there's going to be a drag event next weekend & who's having it???

MANIAC
Riding on 16's

Postby MANIAC » June 23rd, 2008, 10:39 am

Sorry for not responding sooner as I was not in the office ....

First things first ...

ASPL also were the ones who ran off the ONLY two successful competition events at Camden, EVER! And this was FOR TTASA!

The user "MANIAC" on this forum even assisted ASPL with this task of helping TTASA run competiton for free, so he can confirm.

For TTASA's championship points events, competition was handled by ASPL and all brackets were run off, organised and on time, with proper point standings, check and see, the only drag events where trinituenr was able to publish points properly, go ask TTASA's competitions chairman.

and ASPL did this for TTASA for FREE! ASPL even had to bring their own paper!

I confirm the above statement to be true....

ASPL was being charged $15,000 per day to "rent" Camden and TTASA still wanted control. TTASA got the venue free from the gov't and were subletting it out for $15K per day!

S2 was asked to pay this amount as well, however, I heard that Speed Promotions who held the majority of events this year has not paid the $15K charge for any of their events :!: Why :?:

Is it because he have to recover the costs spent on the following that now needs to be replaced:-
Concern 8. The illegal dredging of the southern side of the airstrip, a drain and a raised area about 2 feet above the ground level. This area of obstacles are to be restored to its original state.

Now not to stray away from the main topic .... Sheldon and his Team are looking at the preparation & usage of the Track ... Kudos to them for that ! but, What about this part of the letter ?

Concern 1. The restricted area will be not less than 1000 feet East from the fueling facility.
Absolutely no person or vehicle would be allowed within this area.

Dont you all realise that the current Pit Area & Entrances have been lost ? ... If you have the runway to use, where are you going to Park the Race Vehicles ? .... This is one of the main reason why S2 cancelled the Event because they were told that the current PIT AREA & ENTRANCES cannot be used and a new MUD road was cut along the southern side of the Track for entrance to the Track Area as well as where the Spectators currently use were now to be used for the NEW PIT AREA .... yes in the MUD .....

It gets better ..... there is a small "Bridge" that has to be built from the new Mud Road Entrance to the New Mud Pit Area. S2 was informed that the bridge will be built and they now have to pay TTD $4000 to use the "BRIDGE". This is in addition to the TTD $15000 ... so we talking TTD $19000 to pay to TTASA for the Event as well as when the Drivers pay the Registration Fees, out of that, TTD $50 must be paid to TTASA for FIA Fees ..... S2 asked about who was building the Bridge .... They were told that they dont need to know that information .... low and behold .... over the weekend, the news is that a certain PROMOTER who got the majority of events at Camden got the contract to build the Bridge .....

What is really going on :?:

anyone knows if there's going to be a drag event next weekend & who's having it???

There are talks that Speed Promotions is going to have an event since S2 Motorsports Promotions CANCELLED their event !

This is Motorsports in T&T

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » June 23rd, 2008, 10:48 am

^^

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » June 23rd, 2008, 11:00 am

also hearing the rumours about Speed prom.. event being held this weekend....

dragaholic
Riding on 18's

Postby dragaholic » June 23rd, 2008, 11:04 am

MANIAC wrote:Sorry for not responding sooner as I was not in the office ....

First things first ...

ASPL also were the ones who ran off the ONLY two successful competition events at Camden, EVER! And this was FOR TTASA!

The user "MANIAC" on this forum even assisted ASPL with this task of helping TTASA run competiton for free, so he can confirm.

For TTASA's championship points events, competition was handled by ASPL and all brackets were run off, organised and on time, with proper point standings, check and see, the only drag events where trinituenr was able to publish points properly, go ask TTASA's competitions chairman.

and ASPL did this for TTASA for FREE! ASPL even had to bring their own paper!

I confirm the above statement to be true....

ASPL was being charged $15,000 per day to "rent" Camden and TTASA still wanted control. TTASA got the venue free from the gov't and were subletting it out for $15K per day!

S2 was asked to pay this amount as well, however, I heard that Speed Promotions who held the majority of events this year has not paid the $15K charge for any of their events :!: Why :?:

Is it because he have to recover the costs spent on the following that now needs to be replaced:-
Concern 8. The illegal dredging of the southern side of the airstrip, a drain and a raised area about 2 feet above the ground level. This area of obstacles are to be restored to its original state.

Now not to stray away from the main topic .... Sheldon and his Team are looking at the preparation & usage of the Track ... Kudos to them for that ! but, What about this part of the letter ?

Concern 1. The restricted area will be not less than 1000 feet East from the fueling facility.
Absolutely no person or vehicle would be allowed within this area.

Dont you all realise that the current Pit Area & Entrances have been lost ? ... If you have the runway to use, where are you going to Park the Race Vehicles ? .... This is one of the main reason why S2 cancelled the Event because they were told that the current PIT AREA & ENTRANCES cannot be used and a new MUD road was cut along the southern side of the Track for entrance to the Track Area as well as where the Spectators currently use were now to be used for the NEW PIT AREA .... yes in the MUD .....

It gets better ..... there is a small "Bridge" that has to be built from the new Mud Road Entrance to the New Mud Pit Area. S2 was informed that the bridge will be built and they now have to pay TTD $4000 to use the "BRIDGE". This is in addition to the TTD $15000 ... so we talking TTD $19000 to pay to TTASA for the Event as well as when the Drivers pay the Registration Fees, out of that, TTD $50 must be paid to TTASA for FIA Fees ..... S2 asked about who was building the Bridge .... They were told that they dont need to know that information .... low and behold .... over the weekend, the news is that a certain PROMOTER who got the majority of events at Camden got the contract to build the Bridge .....

What is really going on :?:

There are talks that Speed Promotions is going to have an event since S2 Motorsports Promotions CANCELLED their event !

LINK care to comment? since you have the inside track when it comes to TTASA.

dragaholic
Riding on 18's

Postby dragaholic » June 23rd, 2008, 11:14 am

Also if this is stated:

Quote:

how can this be done? If no alteration are to be done to the site?

there is a small "Bridge" that has to be built from the new Mud Road Entrance to the New Mud Pit Area. S2 was informed that the bridge will be built and they now have to pay TTD $4000 to use the "BRIDGE".

TTASA it seems as though allyuh willin to sink allyuh selves deeper by listening to ah certain promoter. :roll:

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » June 23rd, 2008, 12:27 pm

allyuh eh notice link quiet again

watch and see he will post somwhere else and avoid all of this like the plague

besides he runnin for top position on the enw ttasa board now

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » June 23rd, 2008, 12:35 pm

SR,
reminds me of the pics of the underaged boy, driving with permission........................late response of "me eh know".

typical

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » June 23rd, 2008, 12:49 pm

**peels off competition stickers** :fist:

**goin for empanadas** 0X

I hungry! :twisted:

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » June 23rd, 2008, 12:52 pm

doh worry

dais becuase it one of TTASA's good old boys

thats why TTASA want TTUMRA to change its name and allow TTASA to birng in ALL of its proceedures and regulations before they join

in other words

TTASA WANTS FULL CONTROL and will accept the name change only as long as they are in full control of everything

ie

jsut join TTASA and we will use a new name

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » June 23rd, 2008, 1:01 pm

nuttin does grow wit TTASA fertilizer.... dat $#!+ does juss kill! :x

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » June 23rd, 2008, 1:07 pm

Computerman wrote:nuttin does grow wit TTASA fertilizer.... dat $#!+ does juss kill! :x

sig-worthy material

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » June 23rd, 2008, 1:37 pm

dragaholic wrote:

LINK care to comment? since you have the inside track when it comes to TTASA.[/quote]

I have just confirmed that Speed Promotions has, in fact, applied for the date which has opened up after the cancellation of the S2 Promotions programme.
A simple phone call to Dr.Baboolal (TTASA Trustee) was all it took after I read this post.
...and I have no other information save above.
rgds

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » June 23rd, 2008, 1:41 pm

SR wrote:doh worry

thats why TTASA want TTUMRA to change its name and allow TTASA to birng in ALL of its proceedures and regulations before they join
in other words

TTASA WANTS FULL CONTROL and will accept the name change only as long as they are in full control of everything

ie

my ?? to you here is "Were you in these meetings ?"
if not...why post hearsay ??......if this is fact (what you posted) then let a TTUMRA spokesperson post, verifying this is so.
sense ??

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » June 23rd, 2008, 1:42 pm

link wrote:
link wrote:
dragaholic wrote: There are talks that Speed Promotions is going to have an event since S2 Motorsports Promotions CANCELLED their event !

LINK care to comment? since you have the inside track when it comes to TTASA.

I have just confirmed that Speed Promotions has, in fact, applied for the date which has opened up after the cancellation of the S2 Promotions programme.
A simple phone call to Dr.Baboolal (TTASA Trustee) was all it took after I read this post.
...and I have no other information save above.
rgds

wagonrunner wrote:SR,
reminds me of the pics of the underaged boy, driving with permission........................late response of "me eh know".

typical

sigh................

so everything else?
opinion or fact?
<a href="http://forums.trinituner.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2661685#2661685">TTASA - TTUMRA discussions</a>

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » June 23rd, 2008, 8:54 pm

Computerman wrote:**peels off competition stickers** :fist:

:

Since last week I did the same thing... lol..

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » June 23rd, 2008, 9:10 pm

link wrote:
SR wrote:doh worry

in other words

ie

my ?? to you here is "Were you in these meetings ?"
if not...why post hearsay ??......if this is fact (what you posted) then let a TTUMRA spokesperson post, verifying this is so.
sense ??

uhm i am not you link

nor can i reveal the source of some of my info

it will cause a lot of problems for some members of TTASA

you will be surprised who within TTASA wants change as well

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » June 23rd, 2008, 11:20 pm

I've been there.......nothing suprises me any more.......
not even u :lol:

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » June 24th, 2008, 6:04 am

nope nothing surprises me

didnt doc state in a meeting already that speed promotions would not be allowed to put on an event anymore.........................
however it took just a "phone call" to get the date

WOW

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » June 24th, 2008, 7:03 am

SR wrote:nope nothing surprises me

didnt doc state in a meeting already that speed promotions would not be allowed to put on an event anymore.........................
however it took just a "phone call" to get the date

WOW

NOTE...
I posted
applied for the date
please don't misrepresent the statement
rgds

Advertisement

Return to “The "NEW Race Track" Issue”