TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Taken from "Suggestions to Minister" thread

Somewhere where to run?

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Tweety
Pro Drag

Postby Tweety » November 12th, 2007, 10:38 pm

5. have representation of all disciplines at the MOSYA level... currently only TTASA and TTRC are NSOs... non for drag racing, karting, etc.

Mini Karting is also an NSO and Minister Hunt was responsible for this. Am not sure that TTRC is one but I may be wrong.

Lots of good suggestions but remember the Minister, whilst an advocate for motorsport, is a member of a democracy and still has to get the approval of others for his proposals fly. He will still need our support and by this I mean, unity amoung the different disciplines (yesterday's event was a fantastic start to this end), each body, club, association etc having their houses in order. The Government is not going to take true notice until were organised and professional in our approach to our beloved sport.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 12th, 2007, 10:46 pm

^ very good point there Gordon!

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » November 12th, 2007, 11:26 pm

Agree with Gordon both on accuracy of statement re NSO's being TTASA and Karting..... TTRC??? And why is this being allowed to be stated as fact, and not corrected?

And "unity among the different disciplines (yesterday's event was a fantastic start to this end), each body, club, association etc having their houses in order. " This did not happen by chance but by a very direct approach to all parties to be involved, to actively participate with the blessings of their respective management committees.

Yet the ugly deceit of some who tried to block the event overtly or covertly, could not be hidden. Thank God the individual competitors had the guts to see the positive effort of being a part of this historic event and ALL disciplines were represented, yes even Drag racers who can turn corners.

Plenty parables here but, I also add, that some in TTASA, a few, were very supportive of the VK Super Special event.

If a serious performance audit is done across the board, certain facts may be revealing about the decision-making process in some disciplines as being very questionable. And the democratic process an absolute farce.

We need honest people who have the interest of the sport first, not those who seek to boost their ego, gain unfair advantage in competition and be selfish in the benefits that ought to be available for all. It would be shocking to hear the monies some have solicited for themselves, at the expense of others in their organization or the organization itself.

Genuine growth will only happen if honest individuals are allowed to manage the Sport.

Will the Ministry step in and correct this scenario, or advise that these matters be addressed?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 12th, 2007, 11:38 pm

all of that? :o

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » November 12th, 2007, 11:52 pm

many big things being said..i just have one point.

Educate the young mind.

Start with the young minds..work along with the Ministry of Education to develop PROPER introductory defensive driving courses whlist in sccondary school ..in form 5 (even in primary school with some mascot that the kids can grow to love, admonising them to "watch both ways before crossing the street, or hold a the hand of a big man...ok that sounded tacky..but you get the idea...). So that when a young driver goes up for a learners permit, they are much much more knowledgable of the road issues at hand. Too many time we put young drivers on the road without having them fully understand the concept of driving and what it entails....It does not have to be a practical situation where you put a young driver behind the wheel....but some very well created documentaries showing the ills of driving woud go a long way towards instilling a RESPONSIBLE attitude of our young drivers on the road.

It may involve setting up of a separate unit to deal with this..with some heavy corporate sponsorship. But just like how BGTT has the BG Bus that goes around schools educating them on natural life and energy, that can be created. Have this unit present at EVERY motorsporting and any other SPORTING event....make it a drive jsut as how social devlopment have their WYP? program...

Take the ministry of Sport to another level.

and Senor Hunt....when yu read this.....become a "ppl's minister"...the more you interact with the ppl, the more you will be loved, evn by your detractors who may have thier personal agenda's at hand.

on a TTASA note...instruct them to be the "gate keepers" of motorsport..have tehm be responsible for proper charting of motorsport events..

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » November 13th, 2007, 12:31 am

"all of that? "

Sorry I have to state certain ugly details here but it is really tough to know what has been happening behind the scenes and having to keep your mind focused and your mouth shut. My apologies for not staying positive.

Should we also shut up when certain drivers push themselves as deserving of “name this facility…’ Ok I shutting up again.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » November 13th, 2007, 6:54 am

AutoSport wrote:...

Sorry I have to state certain ugly details here but it is really tough to know what has been happening behind the scenes ....

is this the same rawle mahabir of autosport who sat in a meeting in a lawyer's office with TTASA & stated that "for every witness you (TTASA) have, we (autosport) will bring one who will say something else"
how typical of autosport to colour the water to hide their underhand intentions ..
no doubt, rawl must be following this new minister around like a puppydog seeking his own ends.......well that's the govt sycophant system in action...you can't change that........
The TTASA constitution has provisions mandating that an 'OPERATORS COMMITTEE' be formed from (president & v.p. or appointed reps) all the various bodies of sporting disciplines in T&T.
These sporting bodies can & should become Associate Members of the NSO, thus coming under the umbrella of the NSO for motor sports in T&T. This enables easily focused lines of access through the NSO to ministry of sport & beyond........
so if I see this correctly.......you have :-
Min of Sport
NSO
Operators
in broad terms of reference.....
...sounds like WICB..or NAAA...or TTFF...or...???...doesn't it :?:
this is the National Sporting Policy of T&T in action.....
NOW, I ASK YOU.......
if there is provision for an 'operators' committee under the umbrella of the motor sport NSO.........
WHY IS 'SOMEONE' PUSHING THE FORMATION OF A PARALLEL ORGANISATION TO THE NSO.
?? WITH THIS PARALLEL ENTITY HAVING THE SAME 2-MEMBER-REP PER SPORTING ORGANISATION DISCIPLINE :?: :shock:
I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT THIS COMMITTEE WOULD 'OPERATE' AS JUST THAT, FORMULATING SCHEDULES, COMPETITIONS, OVERSEAS 'EXPEDITIONS', ETC ETC.......
rgds

De Bench
Riding on 17's

Postby De Bench » November 13th, 2007, 7:09 am

link wrote:with all this above, the issue of accountability is foremost.
thus the promotions companies involved with any particular sporting discipline operator who holds an event has an accountability chain to that operator...to the NSO...to min of sport......
REMEMBER, THIS (ttasa'S) NSO's MANDATE IS TO USE MONIES GENERATED FROM MOTOR SPORT EVENTS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT & UPLIFTMENT OF MOTOR RACING IN T&T..
is it so difficult for EVERYONE to get their act together, form this committee under the umbrella of the NSO.and move the development of motor sports in T&T forward ???
The administrative infrastracture is in place.......so who's fighting for what,..now :?: :?:
what ttasa doing with the money from the drags they hold?

why is it when they asked vishnu on the radio the status of the ttasa account he refused to answer?

why are ttasa so secretive ?

why don't ttasa be FIRST and set the shining example of transperency ????? :shock: :shock:

if ttasa declare their account HONESTLY I will call you Mr. Link from that point on, Link

Jameel
Riding on 13's

Postby Jameel » November 13th, 2007, 7:13 am

Clearly TTASA has not ben able to unite the various discuplines of motorsport. No one wants to be "under" TTASA. Constant mismanagement. Enough time have been wasted in that regard. A body that unites the sport with equal representation is the way to go.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » November 13th, 2007, 7:13 am

[quote="
The TTASA constitution has provisions mandating that an 'OPERATORS COMMITTEE' be formed from (president & v.p. or appointed reps) all the various bodies of sporting disciplines in T&T.
These sporting bodies can & should become Associate Members of the NSO, thus coming under the umbrella of the NSO for motor sports in T&T. This enables easily focused lines of access through the NSO to ministry of sport & beyond........
so if I see this correctly.......you have :-
Min of Sport
NSO
Operators
in broad terms of reference.....
...sounds like WICB..or NAAA...or TTFF...or...???...doesn't it :?:
this is the National Sporting Policy of T&T in action.....
[/quote]

I apologise for the discussion on above pointer ..Duane...but I thought perspective was needed here
rgds

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » November 13th, 2007, 7:19 am

De Bench wrote:
thus the promotions companies involved with any particular sporting discipline operator who holds an event has an accountability chain to that operator...to the NSO...to min of sport......
REMEMBER, THIS (ttasa'S) NSO's MANDATE IS TO USE MONIES GENERATED FROM MOTOR SPORT EVENTS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT & UPLIFTMENT OF MOTOR RACING IN T&T..
is it so difficult for EVERYONE to get their act together, form this committee under the umbrella of the NSO.and move the development of motor sports in T&T forward ???
The administrative infrastracture is in place.......so who's fighting for what,..now :?: :?:

why is it when they asked vishnu on the radio the status of the ttasa account he refused to answer?

why don't ttasa be FIRST and set the shining example of transperency ????? :shock: :shock:

if ttasa declare their account HONESTLY I will call you Mr. Link from that point on, Link

I would have thought that Vishnu was not up to date with the accounts...
if anyone wants to know the status of TTASA's accounts & what's happening with the monies from last drags.......YOU MUST COME TO THE REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING ON WEDNESDAY TO FIND OUT.
...I am NOT going to publish anything here....
strange I don't hear you all screaming for autosport to declare thier accounts & asking what was done with the monies generated from drags ???
it can still be done...you know...
:wink:

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » November 13th, 2007, 8:51 am

link never learns

if you have anything positve to add link post

if not then make you ill comments in the old talk forum and people will respond

i hope for 2008 we see an end to TTASA as it stands and maybe a new body or a reformed TTASA management to actually carry motorsport forward

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » November 13th, 2007, 10:07 am

Oh well, here comes Link to be the spokesperson with all of his distractions. Every other discipline has and can show assets they have invested in over their short existence in comparison to TTASA, existing for the past 40 years.

And why have all of the other disciplines consistently refused to be a part of TTASA and refused to be part of this…
.â€

De Bench
Riding on 17's

Postby De Bench » November 13th, 2007, 10:19 am

link wrote:
De Bench wrote:

I would have thought that Vishnu was not up to date with the accounts...
if anyone wants to know the status of TTASA's accounts & what's happening with the monies from last drags.......YOU MUST COME TO THE REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING ON WEDNESDAY TO FIND OUT.
...I am NOT going to publish anything here....
strange I don't hear you all screaming for autosport to declare thier accounts & asking what was done with the monies generated from drags ???
it can still be done...you know...

Link we will never see eye to eye on this.

Firstly, Autosport is a private company with no claims to "The Governing Body of Mortosport"

and that whole come meeting thing, you know that is a sham for any of us who not one of the boys

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » November 13th, 2007, 11:00 am

this is what allyuh want the minister to read??

SHAME ON YOU ALL!! ......really you'd think that yall would put your houses in order for this ONE cause....but no..we still have to be all "ME ME ME ME"...

steups...(shakes head)

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » November 13th, 2007, 12:04 pm

Mr. Banzai, In spite of all that has been hurled at me above, ASPL has been invited to a meeting by TTASA tonight and we will be attending to put forward our honest opinions on what direction we think should be followed (again!)

But then again the Minsister should also see what we all have to face.

speed1

Postby speed1 » November 13th, 2007, 2:27 pm

ok so they bathing in money then....

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 13th, 2007, 2:57 pm

AutoSport wrote:ASPL has been invited to a meeting by TTASA tonight and we will be attending

were you invited to represent ASPL or to respresent TTUMRA?

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » November 13th, 2007, 3:55 pm

De Bench wrote:[Link we will never see eye to eye on this.

Firstly, Autosport is a private company with no claims to "The Governing Body of Mortosport"
and that whole come meeting thing, you know that is a sham for any of us who not one of the boys

But that is EXACTLY THE POINT i AM MAKING :
PRIVATE PROMOTIONS COMPANIES HAVE ONLY THE ALMIGHTY $$ TO LOOK AT.........(aka autosport's years making $$ off of dragracing)....&
u tacitly say : 'private company' meaning anyone who is not a autosport shareholder? has no right to question 'where d money gone?'
the governing body is MANDATED TO UPLIFT & DEVELOP MOTOR SPORTS WITH ANY MONIES REALISED FROM MOTORSPORTING EVENTS....
& YES.....membership is ENTITLED TO HAVE THAT ACCOUNTABILITY SHARED WITH THEM AT THE REGULAR MEETINGS CONVENED FOR THAT PURPOSE.

the same goes for the 'operating committee', who have to account all monies per event..........THAT IS WHY CERTAIN COMPANIES (like who ??) want to be able to operate away from the scrutiny of TTASA or other sporting body managements.......becuase they want the monies from events to disappear into 'who knows where'??
THE SYSTEMS ARE THERE..........YOU ALL HAVE TO MAKE THIS WORK....
Last edited by link on November 13th, 2007, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » November 13th, 2007, 4:13 pm

AutoSport wrote:We need honest people who have the interest of the sport first, not those who seek to boost their ego, gain unfair advantage in competition and be selfish in the benefits that ought to be available for all. It would be shocking to hear the monies some have solicited for themselves, at the expense of others in their organization or the organization itself.
Genuine growth will only happen if honest individuals are allowed to manage the Sport.

Will the Ministry step in and correct this scenario, or advise that these matters be addressed?

I wonder when rawl of autosport will confirm that, with all his 'willingness to help', he charged TTASA $20,000 for the bleachers you all roundly condemned at the last Camden drags ??...
:shock: :shock:

De Bench
Riding on 17's

Postby De Bench » November 13th, 2007, 4:22 pm

this is a next thread that gone totally of course.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » November 13th, 2007, 5:24 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
AutoSport wrote:ASPL has been invited to a meeting by TTASA tonight and we will be attending

were you invited to represent ASPL or to respresent TTUMRA?

isn't ttumra supposed tb equal repr of the various sporting orgs........does rawl of autosport now represent all those sporting orgs...... :shock: :?:

Computerman
Riding on 18's

I'm not defending ASPL! I'm attacking stupidity!

Postby Computerman » November 13th, 2007, 8:13 pm

link wrote:I wonder when rawl of autosport will confirm that, with all his 'willingness to help', he charged TTASA $20,000 for the bleachers you all roundly condemned at the last Camden drags ??...
First of all... you mean the "only" Camden drags, yes? Or was there an event there that the public was not aware of?
Secondly, I don't recall condemming the bleachers? Were they sub-standard? Did they fail? Was anyone injured as a result of poor installation, incorrect assembly or placement (as per instructions from officials)? BTW, who put them up and took them down? Obviously I won't say "like allyuh get a 40% orf dere" unless and until you actually answer some of the questions on this thread instead of attempting to shift the subject as per your previous responses (including but not limited to this thread).

link wrote:isn't ttumra supposed tb equal repr of the various sporting orgs........does rawl of autosport now represent all those sporting orgs......
Get Ginko! Memory loss is a hell of a thing! I know we covered this a million times "(missing)Link of TTASA"! And if you fail to understand my previous statement I'd be more than happy to clarify on this or any other public forum!

NarendZORCE
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby NarendZORCE » November 14th, 2007, 12:50 am

link wrote:
AutoSport wrote:We need honest people who have the interest of the sport first, not those who seek to boost their ego, gain unfair advantage in competition and be selfish in the benefits that ought to be available for all. It would be shocking to hear the monies some have solicited for themselves, at the expense of others in their organization or the organization itself.

I wonder when rawl of autosport will confirm that, with all his 'willingness to help', he charged TTASA $20,000 for the bleachers you all roundly condemned at the last Camden drags ??...

Sounds like you all accepted his offer, are we to now condemn your action at your request?

NarendZORCE
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby NarendZORCE » November 14th, 2007, 12:52 am

Let's get back to THIS part:

Tweety wrote:The Government is not going to take true notice until were organised and professional in our approach to our beloved sport.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » November 14th, 2007, 7:00 am

NarendZORCE wrote:Let's get back to THIS part:

Tweety wrote:The Government is not going to take true notice until were organised and professional in our approach to our beloved sport.

quite correct..
in order to become the force that motor racing is in the developed countries, we must take advantage of the examples presented.......
1/ govt has the infrastructure in place..aka National Sporting Policy
2/ this policy mirrors international guideline examples..again..look at the workings of TTFF (FIFA), TTCB (WICBC/ICC),TTASA (FIA)
now..if 'some people' stop looking at the pavement & start scanning the road ahead, they might see :
a/ a sports minister who UNDERSTANDS the need for unbaised application of the national sporting policy according to above guidelines
b/ a thriving motor sport environment which holds the key to successful implementation/development of said policies
so..Narend.......
an astute observation that requires tremendous fortitude to see through to a sustainable conclusion
The infrastructure is in place..if anyone cares enough to look into what it is
& govt has taken notice, with the actions involving Camden Airfield & the Orange Valley land allocation

but......is 'sweet T&T'
:roll:

NarendZORCE
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby NarendZORCE » November 14th, 2007, 11:41 am

Even the minister has his work cut out for him as he would need parliamentary support. So, we should get the people who ARE organised and professional into TTASA or get TTASA into TTUMRA and focus on the building blocks.

Now that we have a new Minister of Sport, will Camden/Orange Valley still be a reality?

I think we will have to prove ourselves on the international playing field to get national attention which the minister will need to state our case for a motorsport home. We need champions!

As in Barbados, a private track may be the other end of the encouragement needed for Government support.

So link, you are right to point out that it's a hard road ahead for motorsport to become sustainable.

dragaholic
Riding on 18's

Postby dragaholic » November 14th, 2007, 10:21 pm

TTFF (FIFA) FIFA helps the local body a lot., TTCB (WICBC/ICC) same for these reps},TTASA (FIA) FIA? LINK can you show me one fact where they have helped the local motorsports fraternity in the last 40 years?

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » November 15th, 2007, 2:58 am

dragaholic wrote:
TTFF (FIFA) FIFA helps the local body a lot., TTCB (WICBC/ICC) same for these reps},TTASA (FIA) FIA? LINK can you show me one fact where they have helped the local motorsports fraternity in the last 40 years?

if u backtrack to the advent of The National Sporting policy...I will have discourse with you

Jameel
Riding on 13's

Postby Jameel » November 15th, 2007, 7:12 am

Link the non compliance of TASA to the sporting policy is going to be the undoing of TTASA. Your organisation (TTASA) has been in violation to the spirit of the policy.

Advertisement

Return to “The "NEW Race Track" Issue”