Monies for the development/upliftment of Motor racing in T&a

Somewhere where to run?

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

link
18 pounds of Boost

Monies for the development/upliftment of Motor racing in T&a

Postby link » November 10th, 2007, 2:04 pm

ALL THAT $$$ THAT TTASA IS MAKING FROM RACING :shock: :shock:
TTASA's mandate as a non-profit organisation is that the monies realised from the staging of motor racing events -sanctioned by TTASA-be utilised for the futher development & continued upliftment of motor sports in T&T.
What are your views :?: :?:
Last edited by link on November 10th, 2007, 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » November 10th, 2007, 7:49 pm

whose events?
also TTASA has yet to prove their managerial skills.
now yuh want the monies earned / managed by the various promoters?

Maserati
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Maserati » November 10th, 2007, 7:55 pm

till the public can view the accounting sheets from TTASA and see where the $ really goes the perception I will always have is that it goes into someone/persons pockets...and how about the $ made form wallerfield days,where has that gone?has it been used for the "upliftment of the motor sports in T&T"?

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » November 10th, 2007, 11:24 pm

sori..
omitted an important phrase there...shown in red above

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » November 10th, 2007, 11:36 pm

if sanctioned in the above phrase means the same as hosted.............put on............held by................

then my answer is yes, wasn't that where it's supposed to be going? where was it going before?

if however, it involves the short-term or year end profit made by any other club.................
please allow to refrain from saying the manner, and which mulitple orifices on TTASA's executive PAST and present that idea could be placed.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » November 11th, 2007, 7:09 am

the past makes the textbook.........learn from it AND MOVE ON.......
TTASA has moved on to Camden Raceway (temporarily) & will go on to the Orange Valley permanent facilities as soon as possible.
EVERYTHING THAT'S DONE AT CAMDEN IS FOCUSED ON ORANGE VALLEY AS THE EVENTUALITY.
This is for the benefit of all motor racing and everybody must have that single purpose now.........
:roll:

Jameel
Riding on 13's

Postby Jameel » November 13th, 2007, 6:58 am

Link - who you fooling? I would like to hear what you going to say to the Minister of Sport when he calls a meeting to meet with the stake holders?

Yeo
TunerGod

Postby Yeo » November 13th, 2007, 8:12 am

I agree... REPLACE Everyone on the commitee at TTASA and move on.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » November 13th, 2007, 8:15 am

Yeo wrote:

I agree... REPLACE Everyone on the commitee at TTASA with representatives from each fraternity and move on.

as if TTASA would ever let that happen. :evil:

professor
Trinituner Peong

Postby professor » November 13th, 2007, 11:06 am

I keep telling you people; Join the club, vote them out if you want to. Do you want someone to do the dirty work for you ?.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » November 13th, 2007, 11:13 am

professor wrote:I keep telling you people; Join the club, vote them out if you want to. Do you want someone to do the dirty work for you ?.

click d link in meh sig, long time i eh check it, but if link eh sanitize it, you tell us how valid your comments are

just checked, the comments are still there...............ball in your court professor.

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » November 13th, 2007, 8:17 pm

"Out of Pocket" expenses is a hell of a thing! :shock:

Maserati
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Maserati » November 14th, 2007, 2:19 am

professor wrote:I keep telling you people; Join the club, vote them out if you want to. Do you want someone to do the dirty work for you ?.

not as easy as u may think

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » November 14th, 2007, 6:35 am

Maserati wrote:

not as easy as u may think

what is not 'easy'.........
1/ filling out the form..??
2/ getting a current TTASA member to propose, & another to second you..??
3/ paying the reg/entrance fees ..??
well .. :?: :?: :?:

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » November 14th, 2007, 7:43 am

in trini, i doh feel anyone doing anything unless monies going in their pocket :lol: :lol:

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » November 14th, 2007, 7:57 am

*~TeamH2O~* wrote:in trini, i doh feel anyone doing anything unless monies going in their pocket :lol: :lol:

:roll: :roll:

i am certain of quite a few people, who have been doing it simply out of love for the sport, without any renumeration.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 14th, 2007, 11:26 am

*~TeamH2O~* wrote:in trini, i doh feel anyone doing anything unless monies going in their pocket :lol: :lol:

not true.
there are alot of ppl who work very very hard for motorsport for nothing in return

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » November 14th, 2007, 11:56 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

not true.
there are alot of ppl who work very very hard for motorsport for nothing in return

would things change when money start flowing ? :lol:

Link wrote:ALL THAT $$$ THAT TTASA IS MAKING FROM RACING
TTASA's mandate as a non-profit organisation is that the monies realised from the staging of motor racing events -sanctioned by TTASA-be utilised for the futher development & continued upliftment of motor sports in T&T.
What are your views

What is your definition of sanctioned ?

Kinda like this ?

"sanctioned - formally approved and invested with legal authority
ratified
legal - established by or founded upon law or official or accepted rules
. sanctioned - established by authority; given authoritative approval; "a list of approved candidates"

If by 'sanctioned' you mean gives express permission to another to stage an event... then SURE... the money that is paid to TTASA's sanction MUST go to the further development of motorsport.... and that does not include the monies made by a promotional company.

TTASA then DOES have annually set fees that are paid by event and not made up as you go along.... right ?

However, if TTASA stages the event themselves, then all monies / profit made therein should be used toward the development of motorsport.

Link... what exactly is the concern ?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » November 14th, 2007, 12:24 pm

X2 wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
not true.

would things change when money start flowing ? :lol:

Link wrote:ALL THAT $$$ THAT TTASA IS MAKING FROM RACING
What are your views

What is your definition of sanctioned ?

Kinda like this ?

"sanctioned - formally approved and invested with legal authority
ratified
legal - established by or founded upon law or official or accepted rules
. sanctioned - established by authority; given authoritative approval; "a list of approved candidates"

If by 'sanctioned' you mean gives express permission to another to stage an event... then SURE... the money that is paid to TTASA's sanction MUST go to the further development of motorsport.... and that does not include the monies made by a promotional company.

TTASA then DOES have annually set fees that are paid by event and not made up as you go along.... right ?

However, if TTASA stages the event themselves, then all monies / profit made therein should be used toward the development of motorsport.

Link... what exactly is the concern ?

Link is contemplating putting the money TTASA obtains, back into motorsport, for a change

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » November 14th, 2007, 12:34 pm

contemplating ?

That's like the gov't 'contemplating' to use tax money to fix the road ?

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » November 14th, 2007, 1:26 pm

X2 wrote:contemplating ?

That's like the gov't 'contemplating' to use tax money to fix the road
?[/
quote]
EXACTLY :!: :!:
my
concern
now...
the onus is on the governing body to ensure that monies are generated so as to develop motor sports........EVERY CENT THAT COMES TO TTASA....not a paltry percentage........
I am not saying promoters' monies must be repatriated 100% toward the development of motorsports.......but they could at least pay some sort of fees for rentals/sanctions, etc...
and instead of bi*ching about 'paying for nothing', salve their conscience by saying "that's my contribution'.

with this in mind, I am sure even the skeptics can see that a lot of work & money must be spent on the TEMPORARY FACILITY AT CAMDEN over the next few months & those to come during the time motorsports is there.
AND
the expected surplus funds MUST BE DIRECTED TOWARD THE ORANGE VALLEY permanent facility.
If everyone is as gung-ho as they expound, then a concentrated effort by all to ensure a successful operation at & transition from Camden should be obviously exercised.
At the end of this week, the key players in this scenario will know their limits/boundrys as to how this development will proceed.

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » November 14th, 2007, 5:30 pm

I still not seeing what you are about there Link ?

Isn't it TTASA's duty to concentrate the 'profit' towards motorsports ? Do we as enthusiasts now need to watch them like hawks ? Shall I send a company accountant down to check on the balance sheets ? :idea:

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » November 14th, 2007, 6:45 pm

X2 wrote:I still not seeing what you are about there Link ?

Isn't it TTASA's duty to concentrate the 'profit' towards motorsports ? Do we as enthusiasts now need to watch them like hawks ? Shall I send a company accountant down to check on the balance sheets ? :idea:

how right u are.......
TTASA's duty to concentrate the 'profit' towards motorsports

is it now safe to dare say that - RIGHT NOW- all efforts (by TTASA) should be toward this end :?:
and that those who 'profess' to this end be also mandated to make this a collective goal
??

YES
enthusiasts now need to watch them like hawks

and say something about 'slow installation of infrastructure' or 'more food concessions' or (my PET) larger prize monies :!: :shock:
IT'S CALLED DEVELOPMENT / UPLIFTMENT OF MOTOR RACING
RGDS

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » November 14th, 2007, 6:57 pm

I still don't understand the motive of this line of questions ?

Are you implying that no effort should be made to enhance or promote the sport while camden is in operation ?

I will be the first to tell you that the paltry profit made over 1 year of widely spaced out events will not make much of a dent in the construction of a facility... but honestly, if you do not put on proper events and use some portion of proceeds to better the event or facility itself... the sport will die off and then where will we be ?

WHile the grass is growing... the horse is starving....

So while Waterloo is slowly growing... u gotta feed the throttle monkey....and the ONLY way to do that is to have events that ppl want to attend. If you dont... where will the money come from ?

...... or is my mind fabricating a topic here ? :D

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » November 14th, 2007, 8:24 pm

link wrote:how right u are.......
TTASA's duty to concentrate the 'profit' towards motorsports

is it now safe to dare say that - RIGHT NOW- all efforts (by TTASA) should be toward this end :?:
What profit? Is not TTASA registered as a "Not for Profit" Organisation (Entity)?

link wrote:and that those who 'profess' to this end be also mandated to make this a collective goal ??
Mandated? Is it your arrogance or TTASA's that knows no bounds?

link wrote:YES
enthusiasts now need to watch them like hawks

and say something about 'slow installation of infrastructure' or 'more food concessions' or (my PET) larger prize monies :!: :shock:

IT'S CALLED DEVELOPMENT / UPLIFTMENT OF MOTOR RACING

A "For Profit" entity will do (for the most part depending on many factors which I will not go into at this time) generally what's in it's best interest. If that includes, in your words "UPLIFTMENT / DEVELOPMENT", then this can certainly happen. The problem arises when a non-symbiotic relationship develops with other entities who 'drain the life blood' from all involved by their actions or lack thereof.

X2 wrote:WHile the grass is growing... the horse is starving....
Damn straight!! :x

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » November 15th, 2007, 3:02 am

X2 wrote:I still don't understand the motive of this line of questions ?

Are you implying that no effort should be made to enhance or promote the sport while camden is in operation ?
I will be the first to tell you that the paltry profit made over 1 year of widely spaced out events will not make much of a dent in the construction of a facility... but honestly, if you do not put on proper events and use some portion of proceeds to better the event or facility itself... the sport will die off and then where will we be ?

WHile the grass is growing... the horse is starving....

So while Waterloo is slowly growing... u gotta feed the throttle monkey....and the ONLY way to do that is to have events that ppl want to attend. If you dont... where will the money come from ?

...... or is my mind fabricating a topic here ? :D

I am saying that EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE MOTORSPORTS A REALITY SHOULD BE EXPLORED......
IF THE cAMDEN FACILITY IS THE CATALYST, THEN SO BE IT
what do you'all think ??
rgds
Link

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » November 15th, 2007, 11:02 am

link wrote:I am saying that EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE MOTORSPORTS A REALITY SHOULD BE EXPLORED......
Agreed! When and where are the public meetings to discuss and debate ideas?

link wrote:IF THE cAMDEN FACILITY IS THE CATALYST, THEN SO BE IT
It's a start at least. But why can't we discuss how to best use this opportunity?

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » November 17th, 2007, 8:41 am

criticisms rcvd for those bleachers..in short
1/ too small
2/ too low
3/ tents on top reduced use to two steps
ALL VALID ...and being addressed

I am glad TTASA got 40% discount for putting up the bleachers......but all I really see is that $20.000 was paid for this facility from a gate receipt of 140.000 (thereabouts)........& we know those bleachers paid for themselves MANY TIMES OVER with the ASPL's use..........
so I am not fighting u down.........
I AM SAYING EVERYONE SHOULD BE SOLIDLY BEHIND TTASA TO MAKE THIS NEW START-UP OPPORTUNITY COUNT ! Let the promotions companies wait in the background until the permanent racing facility is reality. THEN let them bid competitively for rights to stage events for the various motor racing disciplines.

right now, everybody (as far as I am concerned) lives in the past (including those who prefer the past indifferences to remain so that continued fleecing is enabled), languishing whilst time marches on & private companies seek to corral the motor sport revenues for themselves........
so you witness a big fight-down against TTASA which is the NSO & the motorsport governing body & the ONLY organisation which is MANDATED to develop motorsports in T&T. The rest only see a $$ opportunity.
wether u like it or not, look at the years Autosport Promotions Ltd 'ran' dragracing....where has this discipline been elevated to...........STILL IN 250-DOLLAR TROPHIES........
..BUT THESE SAME PPL CLAIM TO HAVE ALL THE KNOW-HOW TO EFFICIENTLY RUN RACE EVENTS.........but WHAT ABOUT 'DEVELOPMENT' ?
these same ppl who are on record as saying 'Circuit racing cannot make money'
with such a skewed outlook, do you expect any discipline which does not 'make money' to recieve fair treatment ??
rgds

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » November 17th, 2007, 9:45 am

link wrote:criticisms rcvd for those bleachers..in short
1/ too small
2/ too low
3/ tents on top reduced use to two steps
ALL VALID ...and being addressed

I am glad TTASA got 40% discount for putting up the bleachers......but all I really see is that $20.000 was paid for this facility from a gate receipt of 140.000 (thereabouts)........& we know those bleachers paid for themselves MANY TIMES OVER with the ASPL's use............
so I am not fighting u down.........
I AM SAYING EVERYONE SHOULD BE SOLIDLY BEHIND TTASA TO MAKE THIS NEW START-UP OPPORTUNITY COUNT ! Let the promotions companies wait in the background until the permanent racing facility is reality. THEN let them bid competitively for rights to stage events for the various motor racing disciplines.

right now, everybody (as far as I am concerned) lives in the past (including those who prefer the past indifferences to remain so that continued fleecing is enabled), languishing whilst time marches on & private companies seek to corral the motor sport revenues for themselves........so you witness a big fight-down against TTASA which is the NSO & the motorsport governing body & the ONLY organisation which is MANDATED to develop motorsports in T&T. The rest only see a $$ opportunity.
wether u like it or not, look at the years Autosport Promotions Ltd 'ran' dragracing....where has this discipline been elevated to...........STILL IN 250-DOLLAR TROPHIES........
..BUT THESE SAME PPL CLAIM TO HAVE ALL THE KNOW-HOW TO EFFICIENTLY RUN RACE EVENTS.........but WHAT ABOUT 'DEVELOPMENT' ?
[b]these same ppl who are on record as saying 'Circuit racing cannot make money'

with such a skewed outlook, do you expect any discipline which does not 'make money' to recieve fair treatment ?? [/b]..
rgds

ah yes the allmighty link

only one good point

stop living in the past

i curious

all them tent rental places ent they already more than make money

link instead of confuffling yuhself with all them words yuh like to use just to evade direct questions

why not work on forgetting the past

but most of the old people on ttasa board cannot do that

and herin lies the main problem

ttasa autosport issues battles whatever have always been clouding the future of motorsport in this country

thats where the problem lies

thats why nobody is going to commit

a lot of people see ttasa as a group/organisation that has done very little for motorsports in this country

no matter what ever you say
we have nothing to show for it
so why should people now rally round ttasa still

60's and 70's circuit was it.............free use of wallerfield
80's 90's drag was it .........free use of wallerfield once sanctioned by ttasa and ran by a promotional company.....all buisness

i have said before

if ttasa has to remain as the governing body then let them do so and stop trying to have the all say in who or how events are run

enforce the FIA standards in all aspects of motorsports

let the older members step back
and act as advisors and not dictators

give jameer a chance to try and rebuild the relationships with the differentr bodies

as far as i see it jameer is really ttasa's only hope

as the rest of the members have too much history with other fraternities to positively carry ttasa forward

and most of them like a trini old indian who wants full control of everything till he dead
and dont know when passing the torch its also time to let go

ttasa also needs to learn to work with other people's dates for events
they are not the only people who do motoring events

ttasa needs to understand we are no longer living in the 70's
what worked then will no longer work now

ttasa needs to learn the art or marketing and co-operation
as well as how to share

ttasa also needs to come clean and be honest and straight forward with statements made on a public forum

till some or all of these issues are adressed i dont see much future in ttasa

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » November 17th, 2007, 9:58 am

SR
how come you haven't sent a proposal to TTASA (or as you put it - Jameer Ali) for a car show at Camden ??
it's sooo difficult to lead by example.......
u only saying :
'marketing, cooperation,etc

does those words only apply to TTASA :?: :?:
:roll:

Advertisement

Return to “The "NEW Race Track" Issue”