TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Nissan N17 Versa Brake upgrade

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

BrakeUpgrade1_
Riding on 13's

Nissan N17 Versa Brake upgrade

Postby BrakeUpgrade1_ » July 19th, 2020, 1:13 pm

Is anyone having problems with their Brakes on the local Nissan Versa N17? Can the N16 Almera/ Sunny Brake Booster Cylinder work on the N17?

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: Nissan N17 Versa Brake upgrade

Postby skylinechild » July 26th, 2020, 3:28 pm

BrakeUpgrade1_ wrote:Is anyone having problems with their Brakes on the local Nissan Versa N17? Can the N16 Almera/ Sunny Brake Booster Cylinder work on the N17?

n17 versa ?
as in the b17 sentra ??

best u start off with basic upgrades first - better pads and shoes and rotors and some steel braided lines
complete change out to dot 4 synthetic fluid -

doing that may give y what u looking for

pjfred
Trinituner Peong

Postby pjfred » July 26th, 2020, 10:03 pm

What problem you are experiencing?

BrakeUpgrade1_
Riding on 13's

Postby BrakeUpgrade1_ » July 27th, 2020, 7:25 am

I changed booster master cylinder and abs pump. Yet I still have to press very hard to get brakes, many times I have to pump the brake pedal, making the car difficult when coming to stop. There are recalls on these vehicles in the US & India for the same braking issue.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » August 30th, 2020, 10:19 pm

BrakeUpgrade1_ wrote:I changed booster master cylinder and abs pump. Yet I still have to press very hard to get brakes, many times I have to pump the brake pedal, making the car difficult when coming to stop. There are recalls on these vehicles in the US & India for the same braking issue.

it sounds like the pressure not building or holding ....

if it had air in the lines the pedal will feel too soft or spongy....which could also be the issue.

try re bleeding again and get a scan tool that can activate the abs pump and bleed it out properly.

if that fails check the vacuum lines to the booster and the booster itself...

if any of the brake hose is damaged kinked ( it will restrict fluid flow ) and it will also cause you to pump the pedal multiple times to get the car to stop..

if you suspect a recall issue .
you should have checked to see if your vehicle falls under the recall and if purchased locally you can have it fixed for free....

if purchased foreign used.... then you maybe in a bit of a bind as you will have to source the new parts and install yourself at full cost to you .!!!

usually when Nissan puts out replacement / upgraded parts .... on the FSM it will show you that and will no longer give you the option to buy the old inferior part - they will instead show you the newer part.

problem is when you go bamboo and buy foreign used - all of those cars that were scrapped ( no matter if its the new B17 sentra ) would have the same inferior part that you trying to replace.

very rare you will find the new upgraded part just sitting there on a shelf used / or on a half cut / nose cut.

so you will have to be weary when buying....

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”