TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Navara not starting

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ORION007
Riding on 13's

Navara not starting

Postby ORION007 » May 11th, 2020, 3:07 am

Hey tuners I recently bought a used Navara, the vehicle drove and performed well for the first 4 months and thereafter I started to realize that I was getting some stuttering when driving and coming to a stop. It would happen sporadic and then stop. I changed oils and filters etc (servicing that cost me $$2,348) but that didn't make any difference. Then I started to notice that I was getting a hard start on mornings or if the vehicle is parked long, I'd have to tumble quite a bit to get it started. About a month ago a new mechanic (I felt the one before didn't know what he was doing) suggested that the diesel tank may need to be cleaned out so he did that and changed all the fuel filters as well, $650 later and it did not change a thing. The problem became progressively worst where while driving it is losing power, sputtering and a lot of black smoke. By last week Tuesday the vehicle was not starting at all, no fault codes are coming up but no matter how much you tumble the engine it won't start. Diesel is coming up from the pump and if you break/open all 4 injector lines on the fuel rail and tumble the fuel is spraying strong. We pulled out the 4 injectors and they "seem to be fine" from just looking at them (I have no way of actually knowing). 3 different mechanics, 2 electricians, many guesses and wasted monies later and the vehicle still won't start, everything "seems" fine but it just won't start... I'm at my whits and AH NEED HELP!!!

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Re: Navara not starting

Postby racedriverpro » May 11th, 2020, 8:39 am

Do a compression test.

trebornattaj
3NE 2NR for life

Postby trebornattaj » May 11th, 2020, 10:45 am

Check heating circuit and glow plugs, injectors, engine timing, engine compression, did you try some fly spray....?

ORION007
Riding on 13's

Postby ORION007 » May 14th, 2020, 9:53 pm

trebornattaj wrote:Check heating circuit and glow plugs, injectors, engine timing, engine compression, did you try some fly spray....?
Glow plugs are working excellent
Injectors I'm not sure about because we don't have a way to properly test them
Timing was not shifted and is intact
Not sure how to go about doing a compression test on the YD25 engine as the only opening to the cylinder is the glow plug hole or the injector hole and neither can accommodate a compression tester
Over the period of time we have sprayed out 3 cans of fly spray, 1 can of carburetor spray and a good helping of gas to give it a "smell"
Still no luck

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » May 14th, 2020, 10:12 pm

Yea remove the injector. There are diesel comp testers

ORION007
Riding on 13's

Postby ORION007 » May 15th, 2020, 6:52 am

racedriverpro wrote:Yea remove the injector. There are diesel comp testers
After looking at YouTube a bit I'm kinda realizing that the only way it can be done on the YD25 engine is from the glow plug hole. That though requires a special type of tester

pjfred
Trinituner Peong

Postby pjfred » May 16th, 2020, 10:45 am

Service the egr valve

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”