TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Y12 Wingroad questions??

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: Y12 Wingroad questions??

Postby skylinechild » June 27th, 2015, 4:32 pm

Crackpot wrote:what about the fact that there is no temperature gauge in these vehicles?

How do you monitor your temp?

Do nissan owners install after-market water-temp gauge?

correct !! install after market temp gauge and you're good to go..ensure the correct coolant is used and the air bled out of the system - zero problems. 8-)

Crackpot
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Crackpot » June 28th, 2015, 12:29 pm

skylinechild wrote:
Crackpot wrote:what about the fact that there is no temperature gauge in these vehicles?

correct !! install after market temp gauge and you're good to go..ensure the correct coolant is used and the air bled out of the system - zero problems. 8-)

What is the correct fluid? I recently bought a Y12 and there is a green fluid in the reservoir. I think I read somewhere that the green coorrodes the radiotor quickly causing it too rust prematurely and then is rell problems :shock:

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » June 28th, 2015, 3:16 pm

Crackpot wrote:
skylinechild wrote:

What is the correct fluid? I recently bought a Y12 and there is a green fluid in the reservoir. I think I read somewhere that the green corrodes the radiator quickly causing it too rust prematurely and then is rell problems :shock:

green is just a color...like red and orange and yellow..the dye helps detect leaks.

only way the radiator will rust if is you use tap water in it- tap water causes an galvanic reaction to occur as there's now trace elements in the cooling system from the tap water...add in engine heat plus the iron engine block and chemical composition of coolant...and yes..it will cause rust to build up in the radiator.

use the correct coolant for the vehicle. those engines have aluminum head and block so you'll need a coolant thats chemically inert with aluminum - ie will NOT react with it and cause scaling or pitting.

use the original coolant (or any other coolant designed for aluminum engines & radiators) and if topping off is required- use distilled water.

original coolant may be premixed -that is its already mixed with distilled water.
so it's just to pour in and bleed the system.

access_granted
Riding on 13's

Postby access_granted » July 9th, 2015, 4:03 pm

I have to change my battery. Would I get a battery same size with more cranking amps. Cause I can't put a bigger battery. Or does it matter

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » July 9th, 2015, 6:28 pm

access_granted wrote:I have to change my battery. Would I get a battery same size with more cranking amps. Cause I can't put a bigger battery. Or does it matter

why cant you put in a larger battery???
is the engine bay that cramped for space??
if youre worried about the battery stand they sell a rubberized battery stand / mat.
it replaces the plastic small tray that the old battery fits in and of course the clamps fit onto the battery and bolt onto the regular spot.

anything like 850 Cranking amps and you will be ok.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » July 9th, 2015, 6:50 pm

Xs power from fuzz. Adapters back to small pole. Bess.

panka
Riding on 13's

Postby panka » August 30th, 2015, 11:09 am

Tried to install "kill switch" on fuel pump hot wire (Nissan Wingroad Y12 2009) The fuel gauge went dead.

Connected back the wires, the thick yellow one (all other wires are intact no other was interfered with) as it was before, still no change. The tank is full and the gauge reads empty with the fuel light low on Any ideas as to what might happened?

HAYWIRE
Shifting into 6th

Postby HAYWIRE » September 23rd, 2015, 6:58 am

i also have a y12 aero with the engine pinging noise on low speeds. any info or suggestions on what could be the cause of this and how to rectify it?

also the car has gotten lazy recently and i find that im burning more gas...original plugs were bought and changed...still no change...should i service the throttle?

how do i know for sure "if" the cat converter is clogged and needs to be changed?

also...looking for a good mechanic who knows alot about these cars and the cvt tranny ...im in the east btw

spr@ng@23
Ricer

Postby spr@ng@23 » October 5th, 2015, 8:20 am

Good day tuners;

i looking to change the cradle bushings on my Y12....im thinking of using the polyurethane bushings;

Any advise on this?
would the ride become harder? (unbearable)
is it worth the price? (800 for the kit)

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » October 5th, 2015, 8:26 am

Ride won't be affected. No it isn't worth it. Clark rubber molding from princes town makes a better bushings. I'm telling you because I used to work in a alignment shop

chemist777
Street 2NR

Postby chemist777 » November 17th, 2015, 11:38 am

While the car is on 'D' and you come to a complete stop, the car 'bucks' and vibrates and the rpm drops to 500 or even lower, then the vibrating stops and the rpm raises to 600. Anyone gets that problem or know what it is?

NB the car is still on 'D'

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » November 17th, 2015, 12:05 pm

chemist777 wrote:While the car is on 'D' and you come to a complete stop, the car 'bucks' and vibrates and the rpm drops to 500 or even lower, then the vibrating stops and the rpm raises to 600. Anyone gets that problem or know what it is?

NB the car is still on 'D'

does the check engine light come on when this happens?

when was the last time the vehicle was serviced.?? injectors , plugs / air filter / throttle body.

when the car is in the park gear do you also get the above mentioned symptoms??
do you have to press the accelerator pedal to give it some gas for the issue to stop or does it stop on its own.???

chemist777
Street 2NR

Postby chemist777 » November 17th, 2015, 12:28 pm

No, check light doesn't come on.

Never serviced the vehicle.. it's on 30K so maybe I need to clean the injector

It only happens on D and no the issue stops on its own... Come to a complete stop in traffic... car vibrates and rpm drops low then not too long after the rpm raises to 600 and the vibrations stop.
The car vibrates until the rpm raises back (basically which is not too long after-a few seconds I would say).

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » November 17th, 2015, 1:09 pm

chemist777 wrote:No, check light doesn't come on.

Never serviced the vehicle.. it's on 30K so maybe I need to clean the injector

It only happens on D and no the issue stops on its own... Come to a complete stop in traffic... car vibrates and rpm drops low then not too long after the rpm raises to 600 and the vibrations stop.
The car vibrates until the rpm raises back (basically which is not too long after-a few seconds I would say).

go do a full EFI system tune up - new plugs air filter, clean injectors and throttle body.
the tech will also need to perform the ecu relearn procedure / re calibration after its all is done.
also have the car scanned while youre there and see what turns up.

you have three tuners who can do this

ryan ramdeen (ryotech performance) in claxton bay
big Z in princes towne
anil sooknanan in chickland (freeport)

simple tuner search will give their relevant info

chemist777
Street 2NR

Postby chemist777 » November 17th, 2015, 1:24 pm

Thanks for the help I shall try to get in contact with anil as he is the closest to where I live. Will post the results after.

chemist777
Street 2NR

Postby chemist777 » December 20th, 2015, 11:54 am

Question time... So in my honest opinion, the Y12 brakes kinda shitty... Anyone ever 'upgraded' the brakes? Like change the rotors to another model Nissan? Or even did any simple mods to get better brakes? Lets say change your brakes pads or type of brakes fluid?

I'm just looking for some options to get better braking on the road. Thanks

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » December 20th, 2015, 12:41 pm

chemist777 wrote:Question time... So in my honest opinion, the Y12 brakes kinda shitty... Anyone ever 'upgraded' the brakes? Like change the rotors to another model Nissan? Or even did any simple mods to get better brakes? Lets say change your brakes pads or type of brakes fluid?

I'm just looking for some options to get better braking on the road. Thanks

to be quite honest i've thought about it but i haven't figured out what bolts up.
tiida K12 march Y12 wingroad G11 sylphy all use the same rotor caliper and brake pad

if you want better brakes a simple thing to try might be swapping out the rubber hose for some steel braided lines...and upgrade to dot 4 fluid and some sport brake pads akebono.... ebc...brembo etc.

chemist777
Street 2NR

Postby chemist777 » December 20th, 2015, 12:50 pm

I was thinking along the lines of SS lines as well as Stop Tech Street Performance pads but the only problem is to get the model number for the pads.. Currently searching their website. Also was thinking about the Hawk HPS. Sport brakes pads might be too harsh for the oem rotors I think

Jasonrs
Riding on 13's

Postby Jasonrs » December 27th, 2015, 11:49 pm

Hey guys having some trouble with the generator pulley on my e4wd y12.. anyone know the cost of the pulley brand new or foreign used and where can i get it at and also the tool to remove the pulley... and is it possible to change the pulley with out taking out the generator? Thanks in advance

chemist777
Street 2NR

Postby chemist777 » January 2nd, 2016, 12:08 pm

Someone told me that with the non-cable type 'X' pedal, once you take out the battery pole something needs to be re-programmed for the car to accelerate like normal (can't remember what exactly). Is this true?

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » January 3rd, 2016, 5:49 pm

chemist777 wrote:Someone told me that with the non-cable type 'X' pedal, once you take out the battery pole something needs to be re-programmed for the car to accelerate like normal (can't remember what exactly). Is this true?

if youre just replacing a worn out battery with a new one a simple 10 -15 sec loss of power while u replace the battery wont do anything....if youre leaving it without a battery for any extended period of time...then yes you may have to do this procedure..

also after any sort of servicing to the injectors / throttle body & sensors and such
and yes you'll need to perform the ECU relearn procedure - or re calibration - same thing different name

tuners who can do this
ryan ramdeen aka ryotech performance
anil sooknanan
big Z

chemist777
Street 2NR

Postby chemist777 » January 3rd, 2016, 9:26 pm

So lets say I'm going to put a lil pong in my car and disconnected the poles for a period of time while I do the install. Would I be able to drive the car to someone who can do the recalibration? Or I need a wrecker?

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » January 3rd, 2016, 9:37 pm

chemist777 wrote:So lets say I'm going to put a lil pong in my car and disconnected the poles for a period of time while I do the install. Would I be able to drive the car to someone who can do the re calibration? Or I need a wrecker?

you should be fine tbh. if after you reconnect the battery if you find the car is not idling properly - just drive it and have a tech do the re calibration.

notice in my previous post i said you MAY have to. dont take my word as the gospel straight from nissan. :lol:

try it the worst that will happen is u pay a tech $100 to do the relearn procedure :!:

chemist777
Street 2NR

Postby chemist777 » January 3rd, 2016, 9:42 pm

skylinechild wrote:
chemist777 wrote:So lets say I'm going to put a lil pong in my car and disconnected the poles for a period of time while I do the install. Would I be able to drive the car to someone who can do the re calibration? Or I need a wrecker?

you should be fine tbh. if after you reconnect the battery if you find the car is not idling properly - just drive it and have a tech do the re calibration.

notice in my previous post i said you MAY have to. dont take my word as the gospel straight from nissan. :lol:

try it the worst that will happen is u pay a tech $100 to do the relearn procedure :!:

thanks for the info. I'm accustomed to honda so all this is news to me. Just need to know as much as I can so I won't be thinking I spoiled my car :oops:

Zed Sqd
Sweet on this forum

Postby Zed Sqd » January 14th, 2016, 10:33 am

good day, any advice on fog lights that would fit on the Y12 AD wagon's bumper?
Some people say that the Almera's would work, but a pair that's circular the same size as the shape of the cut-out of the bumper would be better.

Jasonrs
Riding on 13's

Postby Jasonrs » January 19th, 2016, 8:20 am

Help needed with axle for y12 e4wd... are the front axles the same as the 2wd mode?. Some people saying they are different. Any help is greatly appreciated thanks

sexyleo797
Street 2NR

Postby sexyleo797 » January 19th, 2016, 10:00 am

good day guys any idea as to why the egi fuse in the idpm box keeps blowing .. and car wont idle. .. y12 wringroad? 797 0000.. any ideas would be greatly appreciated . thanks

dcj123
Riding on 13's

Postby dcj123 » January 20th, 2016, 3:57 pm

Hey guys,

thinking of buying a 2011 roro AD wagon but i've been reading about the CVT issues in the Tiida etc. Can anyone tell me if the AD is CVT or regular 4 speed auto? Thanks.

And what should be the 1st things to service after purchasing. Thanks

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » January 21st, 2016, 9:04 am

sexyleo797 wrote:good day guys any idea as to why the egi fuse in the idpm box keeps blowing .. and car wont idle. .. y12 wringroad? 797 0000.. any ideas would be greatly appreciated . thanks

person to check this out for you and do a proper diagnostics is ryan ramdeen aka ryotech performance in claxton bay. he's not a "$100 scanner" person he should be able to help you.

search the forums for his contact info - his name is in RED.

dcj123 wrote:Hey guys,

thinking of buying a 2011 roro AD wagon but i've been reading about the CVT issues in the Tiida etc. Can anyone tell me if the AD is CVT or regular 4 speed auto? Thanks.

And what should be the 1st things to service after purchasing. Thanks

the AD Y12 wingroad came with a normal 4 spd automatic transmission.i never came across a AD y12 wingroad with CVT- but i may be wrong.-
the higher end or full featured wingroad came both 4spd and CVT and even e-4WD

off the top of my head, if you bringing it in things to do are

check battery and replace if bad.
check all fluids-radiator coolant brake fluid and engine & transmission oil...replace as necessary.
replace engine oil filter (obviously) and air filter.
replace spark plugs - iridiums - Denso may be the OEM part
check disc pads and shoes - replace as necessary
do full injector tune up inclusive of throttle body and have vehicle scanned by a qualified tech to ensure no error codes come up.

also have someone steam lean the interior - karim khan comes to mind.
have someone service the ac steam clean the vents and change the filters

depending on the vehicle you get you may need new tyres or you can get by with what they give you - for a while.

RAJIE
Sweet on this forum

Postby RAJIE » January 21st, 2016, 7:35 pm

so just asking.. anyone ever crossed 200km/hr with a roro y12?
reading up i think the car is limited to 200km/hr from japan.. does anyone know if it can be removed?
also i have a basic shape y12... and want to put fogs.. anyone know what fogs can work ?

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”