TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

QG owners united, Service Manual pg1, CVTC pg 12

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

keithdlancerboss
Ricer

Re: QG owners united, Service Manual pg1, CVTC pg 12

Postby keithdlancerboss » April 5th, 2014, 2:19 am

QG wrote:
keithdlancerboss wrote:OK tuners... I'm trying to install a QG18 E-Throttle engine into a CB3 Lancer... problem is..... I have the engine installed and now the electrician sayin I need a "harness" and fuse box for inside the dashboard.... I've been asking around and its hard to get.. can anyone tell me where I can get it? Thanks in advance for ur info :)

You will get at BICKS Auto.

Thanks bro

14lover
3NE 2NR for life

Postby 14lover » April 9th, 2014, 6:59 am

14lover wrote:
QG wrote:
14lover wrote:^My wife and I drive that car like old people lol! We barely mash gas. But you may be on to something cuz i spoke to a top mechanic and he told me it could be the o2 sensor, but where sells that? The Motorist? The Bamboo? And approx how much for that?

Yes and Yes...and its about $400-$600 if my memory serves me well. I've never bought those sensors before, I only bought Cam and Crank sensors from Neal and Massy.

Oh I recommend buying sensors brand new (Motorist or Massy's). Buying a second hand sensor is a risk because you do not know the remaining life span on them.

I bought a new o2 sensor at an auto parts place,it wasnt the original but it was compatible with the almera,cost me $360,the one by the motorist was $948. So far after install ive seen a better change in gas consumption but i dnt wanna talk too soon,im still watching to see..

Like i spoke to soon fellas,same problem come back again,the fuel consumption improved for a few days then went back to playing the a$$. Yesterday i filled my tank and just drove around running some errands,57kms took a quarter tank? No ac and no speeding cuz car is droppped. Could it be that i did not buy the original o2 sensor from The Motorist? Or something else

kriticalkase
Sweet on this forum

Postby kriticalkase » April 9th, 2014, 10:47 pm

I recently purchased an e-throttle wingroad (big light). I did a full tune up (injectors, plugs, belts, all fluids). With a combination of hway (south to POS) and city driving I am getting approx. 360kms on 1/2 tank of super. I consistently get this week after week. I think the key to this is not going pass 120kms.
I purchase this vehicle mainly for fuel efficiency and thus far I don't regret it.

QG
punchin NOS

Postby QG » April 11th, 2014, 10:12 pm

kriticalkase, do you have cvt transmission?

QG
punchin NOS

Postby QG » April 11th, 2014, 10:18 pm

14lover, I drive to work daily and use about 52kms total. less or about 1/4 tank of gas I would use but it would vary base on my driving habits and which route I take.

Plus weather temperatures affects your fuel consumption...you can read up on the Internet as to why this happens (temperature effects that is).
And...fuel loses its density in hot temperature (that is another factor).

Gas Density examples based upon differences in temperature.

The density of gases depends upon the temperature. The higher the temperature, the more the molecules are spread out and the lower the density as shown in the graphic on the left. The result is that warm gases rise and cool gases sink. The same concept helps to explain the weather resulting in high and low pressures. High pressure means high density, cooler, sinking air. Low pressure means low density, warmer, rising air.

http://www.elmhurst.edu/~chm/vchembook/ ... tygas.html

14lover
3NE 2NR for life

Postby 14lover » April 12th, 2014, 2:33 pm

^thanks for the info. Filled my tank with premium to see fuel consumtion and it improved to like 100km a quarter tank. If it was super it would b like 57km a quarter tank..

kriticalkase
Sweet on this forum

Postby kriticalkase » April 12th, 2014, 10:20 pm

QG, I do not have a CVT. I have a biglight Y11 (regular 4 speed tranny)

I would suggest that you ensure your injectors are properly cleaned not by using a $30 product u throw into the tank. My injectors were taken out one by one and you would be amazed to see how dirty they can be.

btw, my car is doing approx. 78,000kms.

QG
punchin NOS

Postby QG » April 13th, 2014, 2:03 am

14lover wrote:^thanks for the info. Filled my tank with premium to see fuel consumtion and it improved to like 100km a quarter tank. If it was super it would b like 57km a quarter tank..

Oh cool. And I check my odo and gas level and I burn wah less than 1/4 tank with 52km so it's good to know that u are getting better mileage. 100km 1/4 tanks is very good. Maybe your injectors were clogged and the premium gas helped cleared it with the higher octane.

QG
punchin NOS

Postby QG » April 13th, 2014, 2:05 am

kriticalkase wrote:QG, I do not have a CVT. I have a biglight Y11 (regular 4 speed tranny)

I would suggest that you ensure your injectors are properly cleaned not by using a $30 product u throw into the tank. My injectors were taken out one by one and you would be amazed to see how dirty they can be.

btw, my car is doing approx. 78,000kms.

Good man. I cleaned my injectors late last year and fuel consumption improved. But you get good mileage I must say. #kudos

black start
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby black start » April 13th, 2014, 12:35 pm

anybody has a pin out for the old model qg15de ecu? Its the cable throttle motor with the 3 row ecu.

Thanks in advance!

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » April 27th, 2014, 9:01 am

How much fluid does a QG15 transmission take?

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » April 27th, 2014, 12:13 pm

~ 4 quarts if you're doing a drain and refill

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » April 27th, 2014, 12:17 pm

NR8 wrote:~ 4 quarts if you're doing a drain and refill

approx 10 liters if you doing the complete fluid replacement - also a can of transmission cooler flush

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » April 27th, 2014, 12:32 pm

skylinechild wrote:

approx 10 liters if you doing the complete fluid replacement - also a can of transmission cooler flush

AKA flushing with the machine right? Just making sure.

BTW where do you get the can of transmisssion cooler flush? I saw the original Nissan branded can online but I think there would be hazmat restrictions to import it since its an aerosol spray.

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » April 27th, 2014, 12:47 pm

Was planning to do a fluid replacement and just bought 4 quarts of valvoline max life atf. Would have to buy at least 7 more.

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » April 27th, 2014, 12:48 pm

Where can I get the cooler flush? Thanks guys.

JesuEric
Sweet on this forum

Postby JesuEric » May 1st, 2014, 10:30 am

hey has anyone tried an extra external fuel pump on their QG18? with a switch so u can turn it on when you reach about 100 when the engine doesn't push as much....note I already have 3 inch cool air intake and extractors for the increased air supply.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » May 1st, 2014, 3:13 pm

NR8 wrote:
skylinechild wrote:

AKA flushing with the machine right? Just making sure.

yes..using the machine or vehicle to flush

BTW where do you get the can of transmission cooler flush? I saw the original Nissan branded can online but I think there would be hazmat restrictions to import it since its an aerosol spray.

talk to your skybox company before ordering - there are certain paperwork which can be filled out and packing criteria which must be met before customs can let it pass. :!:

I honestly cannot say where you can buy it locally - i only saw it online to buy.
how to use it is you disconnect both cooler lines from the transmission - supply and return.

the supply line supplies transmission fluid to the cooler- the return line supplies it from the cooler back to the transmission. you connect the nozzle securely to the return line and the supply line is placed in a drain pan - press nozzle in short 5 second bursts- dont forget to shake the can vigorously after each burst of spray to get maximum pressure -

watch as all the old gunk comes out of the supply line - that was inside the cooler-
now connect your air compressor to the return line and let it blow out all the remnants of the cooler flush...once only clean dry air is coming out the supply line you can remove the compressor reconnect both lines and fill up with new fluid. 8-)

racedriverpro wrote:Was planning to do a fluid replacement and just bought 4 quarts of valvoline max life atf. Would have to buy at least 7 more.

what ever you buy ensure it meets or exceeds the nissanmatic D,J and K specification. - provided you have a regular 4 spd W overdrive transmission of course....CVT needs nissan CVT fluid

also go for a fully synthetic fluid...dont have to tell you synthetic fluid outlasts conventional oils

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » May 1st, 2014, 6:43 pm

If you want the fluids. Rons on cipero street has them for sale. By the gallons.
It's just pass passport office. Passing southern sales and federal. Can't miss It. They have the Toyota one as well.

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » May 1st, 2014, 11:50 pm

^^^ Opposite Bed Quarters. Southern Sales is on Cipero Road.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » May 2nd, 2014, 4:40 am

Can't remember bed quarters but I think so. It's next to rn eletronicans

14lover
3NE 2NR for life

Postby 14lover » May 2nd, 2014, 6:40 pm

Fellas pressure! My Qg 16 still burning gas like crazy,imagine 120Kms @ half tank!! I've changed plugs,filters,oxygen sensor,injectors and all sorts of fuel treatments. Diagnostic tool said all was good, however the technician said that the engine didn't have a thermostat and that could contribute to my problem. Also he opened the gas tank cover and a huge amount of pressure came out the tank. He said that that shouldn't be..can the tech be on to something?

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » May 2nd, 2014, 6:45 pm

The thermostat does help. Have injectors properly serviced...I am going to try the nano energizer on my QG15...

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » May 2nd, 2014, 10:53 pm

Tried that nano energizer thingy but no noticeable improvements. Ran it for about a full 5000k before oil change. Had no issues before and after using it

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » May 3rd, 2014, 10:06 am

14lover wrote:Fellas pressure! My Qg 16 still burning gas like crazy,imagine 120Kms @ half tank!! I've changed plugs,filters,oxygen sensor,injectors and all sorts of fuel treatments. Diagnostic tool said all was good, however the technician said that the engine didn't have a thermostat and that could contribute to my problem. Also he opened the gas tank cover and a huge amount of pressure came out the tank. He said that that shouldn't be..can the tech be on to something?

there is a charcoal evaporator canister which is supposed to absorb some of the fumes from the gas tank....if the lines to the canister is clogged I suppose this could account for the pressure buildup....also there is a vent to atmosphere I think as well... *strokes bearded chin

not having a thermostat can cause excessive fuel burn..the problem is I unsure if it will be this excessive :?: get the original thermostat and install it and bleed out the system...and let us know...

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » May 4th, 2014, 6:33 pm

eitech wrote:Tried that nano energizer thingy but no noticeable improvements. Ran it for about a full 5000k before oil change. Had no issues before and after using it

Fellas, I need Alyuh help with what I think is an oil consumption issue with my QG15.

I changed oil November 1, 2013 and to date I have used the remaining qty of magnatec 20w50 and an additional quart.

No smoke...mileage ok...292km on 3/4 tank.

How should go about fixing this issue. Don't want to spend unnecessarily.

Thanks in advance.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » May 4th, 2014, 7:06 pm

U have any visible leaks?

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » May 4th, 2014, 7:07 pm

No visible leaks...did a front check around February.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » May 4th, 2014, 7:57 pm

Any smoking? Have u checked ur plugs for oil deposits?

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » May 4th, 2014, 8:02 pm

Replaced plugs recently...only defect were leakage with two or three. All Tips were greyish.

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”