TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Skoda repair advice (car bucks forward when shifting gears)

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Newbie299
Riding on 13's

Skoda repair advice (car bucks forward when shifting gears)

Postby Newbie299 » March 7th, 2021, 6:29 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum but was looking for any and all advice. I'm looking to fix up an old Skoda Octavia 1.6 car. When it was up and running about 6 years ago the main issue was that as the car was accelerating and automatically changing gears it would buck the car forward. The only other issue at the time before it was parked up was that eventually the air condition in it went.

It's now been a few years and I'm saving up to fix it. I one time met a local man that supposedly had the same exact issue and he said he sent a disc like part abroad where the experts bored a hole into it and sent it back and it supposedly fixed the issue. I haven't been able to get a hold of the guy though to ask him to properly clarify. I'm absolutely new to car mechanics/repairs.

So my question for you all here is, does anyone know of a fairly priced mechanic/shop locally that may be able to do something similar? Or would it be easier/cheaper to just change the engine/transmission entirely to parts pulled from a Japanese made car such as a Nissan?

To fully restore the car from what I can see (besides determining the engine/transmission fix/change) would be the air condition, complete reupholstering of the inside, battery change, new tyres, fixing of the radio antenna and any other small changes like replacement of corroded rubber pieces here and there/oil change, maybe the brakes not sure. From what I can see, there is no rust on the underside of the car or under the paint generally. The car hood can't pop open at the moment. Two mechanics were supposed to come visit last week to check out the car in person but they haven't been able to make it yet. Any advice on reputable car mechanics that I can take it into to be fully inspected would be great as well.

And if anyone knows of what sort of estimate all the repairs/changes above would cost would be great. I'm hoping it will come up to less than $45k. For anyone wondering why I didn't consider just buying a foreign used car/roll on-roll off, I have but as the skoda body appears to be in great shape generally, I thought it better i find out the cost of this sort of repair first. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Re: Skoda repair advice (car bucks forward when shifting gears)

Postby Strugglerzinc » March 7th, 2021, 7:16 pm

Cant help directly, but only attempt to repair/restore an old Euro if your pockets deep as there will likely be 4 new problems for every 1 you fix.

roger
Shifting into 6th

Postby roger » April 3rd, 2021, 7:40 pm

Justin 333-2669/780-9541

Excellent euro car mechanic. He rebuilt my 09g transmission and 1 year later I have no issues. Very very knowledgable, very easy to deal with, I highly recommend.

Issue sounds like a seed sensor failure but you should call Justin for the pro opinion.

rennos
Riding on 13's

Postby rennos » April 14th, 2021, 7:25 pm

You may get a better start by buying one for $30k which may not need extensive repairs. I have one since 2008 that has not called for repairs like you have listed.

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”