Help with qg18 rev problem

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Abraham2nd
Trinituner Peong

Help with qg18 rev problem

Postby Abraham2nd » October 21st, 2019, 9:27 pm

Hello guys.
Yesterday rain was falling and I drove through a large pool of water and about 2 mins right after or maybe soon after it started to hesitate... now i thought well water got suck into intake itll burn out.. But it didn't.. So when i went home I checked everything and I didn't know what else to check so I sprayed gumsolve into the intake an tried cleaning it.. even tried spraying in and around butterfly and still nothing. When it's on park I can't rev it.. I don't have a rpm gauge in my cluster so idk what but when i rev it only reach a certain rpm and just surgess right there. Guessing 2500 3000 rpm and just goes up down even when floored and can't move higher.... So it's a pain to drive.... today I went and got a maf sensor and replaced it at the store and when i rev. It rev normal!!!
So i started to drive home but instantly notices have a stall at lockdown or at a stop.. But still rev high like normal!. So i thought maybe lol dirt stuck somewhere in throttle body. So when i went home I sprayed some more "crc intake and throttle body cleaner" and when i start...problem went back same as before!! No more normal rev
Just surging when i mash the gas and at very low rpm with hesitation.
I have another vehicle with qg18 so I changed the maf sensor from there to see if i shitup new one and nothing still same problem. Replaced TPS sensor AND cleaned out the iac sensor and still have the problem...
Any ideas please help me. All happened after drove in that water.

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Re: Help with qg18 rev problem

Postby racedriverpro » October 21st, 2019, 9:59 pm

Check fuel pressure/pump

Abraham2nd
Trinituner Peong

Postby Abraham2nd » October 21st, 2019, 10:01 pm

Yes thats working. And remember it's something to do with either the water or the spraying of T.B

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » October 21st, 2019, 10:13 pm

E throttle or cable?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » October 21st, 2019, 10:24 pm

how high on the vehicle was the water you drove through?

Abraham2nd
Trinituner Peong

Postby Abraham2nd » October 21st, 2019, 10:47 pm

Hello.
It's cable. The qg18 version without egr valve.
And the pool wasn't that high either just was kinda long and I did went over it with about 50mph and I heard it splashed under d car felt it..kinda slowed d car down alot also.
When i went home the filter was wetish on half (under side) and inside the tunnel where maf sensor is was slightly wet also.
I using Cold air intake system
Not stock

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » October 22nd, 2019, 12:19 pm

Abraham2nd wrote:Hello guys.
Yesterday rain was falling and I drove through a large pool of water and about 2 mins right after or maybe soon after it started to hesitate... now i thought well water got suck into intake itll burn out.. But it didn't.. So when i went home I checked everything and I didn't know what else to check so I sprayed gumsolve into the intake an tried cleaning it.. even tried spraying in and around butterfly and still nothing. When it's on park I can't rev it.. I don't have a rpm gauge in my cluster so idk what but when i rev it only reach a certain rpm and just surgess right there. Guessing 2500 3000 rpm and just goes up down even when floored and can't move higher.... So it's a pain to drive.... today I went and got a maf sensor and replaced it at the store and when i rev. It rev normal!!!
So i started to drive home but instantly notices have a stall at lockdown or at a stop.. But still rev high like normal!. So i thought maybe lol dirt stuck somewhere in throttle body. So when i went home I sprayed some more "crc intake and throttle body cleaner" and when i start...problem went back same as before!! No more normal rev
I have another vehicle with qg18 so I changed the maf sensor from there to see if i shitup new one and nothing still same problem. Replaced TPS sensor AND cleaned out the iac sensor and still have the problem...

i hope you're spraying the air flow sensor itself with Mass Airflow Sensor Cleaner. Also what is the position of your CAI, behind the light or just on the MAF. Check for a Vacuum Leak.

Abraham2nd
Trinituner Peong

Postby Abraham2nd » October 22nd, 2019, 12:24 pm

Sundar wrote:
Abraham2nd wrote:Hello guys.

i hope you're spraying the air flow sensor itself with Mass Airflow Sensor Cleaner. Also what is the position of your CAI, behind the light or just on the MAF. Check for a Vacuum Leak.

Hey bro. When i replaced the maf sensor. I never sprayed it. And tried another one what working and still not working on d engine. Also my Cai is just before the maf sensor

Abraham2nd
Trinituner Peong

Postby Abraham2nd » October 22nd, 2019, 6:12 pm

Bummmppp

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » October 22nd, 2019, 8:47 pm

how much driving did you do in it since?
take out your spark plugs and examine them.
shine a light into the cylinders see if any damage visible.
do a compression test.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 22nd, 2019, 9:14 pm

This could also be damp wiring or a damp ignition system.

Abraham2nd
Trinituner Peong

Postby Abraham2nd » October 23rd, 2019, 9:27 pm

Hey guys. Just ann update.
When i check over the new maf and the one from other engine..they don't work on other vehicle giving same problem... so something blowing my maf sensors.
Wat causing this... guy check jack and says it getting good current

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » October 25th, 2019, 11:07 am

Abraham2nd wrote:Hey guys. Just ann update.
When i check over the new maf and the one from other engine..they don't work on other vehicle giving same problem... so something blowing my maf sensors.
Wat causing this... guy check jack and says it getting good current
Probably wiring has moisture, also the Filter dry???? These MAF's are a heated wire type i think, so moisture will affect it. also that position the filter in pulling all that heated air from the engine bay.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » November 3rd, 2019, 7:46 am

get a meter and so some checks

should get one wire with 5v
one with a ground.
one with a return signal, usually about 1.34v or so idling, cant remember this exactly.
the other two is related to the intake temp usually.

hummbug
Riding on 13's

Postby hummbug » November 10th, 2021, 11:51 am

Reviving this thread if possible.. Curious to know if the problem was sorted?

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”