Forums

ADVICE NEEDED...

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Mazda3PIMPP
Riding on 13's

ADVICE NEEDED...

Postby Mazda3PIMPP » September 24th, 2019, 7:13 pm

The radiator fan on my 06' Mazda 3 began to spin very slow. So I removed the fan and got the brushes changed. But I noticed that the fan is not powering on unless the A.C. is on. The temperature gauge is at half or midway as it usually is with or without the A.C. I left the car idling for half hour to see if the fan will power on for itself but it didn't. But again the temperature did not cross midway. Is this the way these fans work on a 06' Mazda 3 because the car isn't overheating again? Or is there another problem?

Final question- how many speeds do these fans have?

I will be honest, I never noticed if the fan powers on for itself without the A.C.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Vulcan Engineering
Riding on 13's

Re: ADVICE NEEDED...

Postby Vulcan Engineering » September 25th, 2019, 7:16 am

The fan turns on one time as the AC is on and remains on till you turn the AC off. If the AC is off the fan will cycle on and off depending on the temperature of the water. Those fans only has one speed either it's on or off. Drive the car around for at least an hr midday and when you reach our destination turn off the AC and see if the fan turns on and off.

Mazda3PIMPP
Riding on 13's

Postby Mazda3PIMPP » September 25th, 2019, 1:39 pm

Tanx for the advice buddy. Will definitely try that.

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » October 14th, 2019, 1:12 am

I am not sure the 06 have a multispeed fan . Another thing you can check is your thermostat ; it could be stuck open
if you rev the "X" the fan should kick in you can tap on the thermostat or remove it and check .
it is also possible your temperature switch is defective but from my experience the always fail high and keep your fans on all the time .

New yum yum
Street 2NR

Postby New yum yum » June 22nd, 2022, 6:03 pm

Vulcan Engineering wrote:The fan turns on one time as the AC is on and remains on till you turn the AC off. If the AC is off the fan will cycle on and off depending on the temperature of the water. Those fans only has one speed either it's on or off. Drive the car around for at least an hr midday and when you reach our destination turn off the AC and see if the fan turns on and off.

The fan has 3-4 different speeds

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”