TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Best Tuner in Trinidad...

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

4G63Turbo
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby 4G63Turbo » May 3rd, 2004, 3:07 pm

anyone has reviews on a Wayne Alexis from St James??????????

ramafingers1
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ramafingers1 » May 3rd, 2004, 4:11 pm

Yuh know Blu-rolla right :D :D :D Not only dat, but it have mechanics dat does live by saying anytime yuh going turbo especially in ahh Civic YUH MUST USE HALTEC and dat is real $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :( :( an den it does have men who does build up turbo tings on de side of de road or under somebody house which still running de normal ECU an mashing up dem same men dat spenn $$$$$$$ for haltec an brand new turbo an other accessories.But ent some time last year Prentice use to tune ahh 4dr Civic dat was running about 18-20lbs boost an still couldna ketch Yancy in de lil white hatchback civic dat jus had ahh frank engine in it wit ahh lil blue bottle an cams (he aint spen half de money de nex man spend) an every time gangsta prentice only telling de man MORE DRUGS, MORE BOOST an every week is MORE LICKSSSSSSSSSSS :D :D :D
so as de man sayin ahh nut shell, if yuh could make yuh car go faster dan de nex man own wit small money ------------- dah iz de mechanic :D :D

ZORT
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby ZORT » May 4th, 2004, 7:35 am

So at the end of the day people understand the functionality of what you are spending money on or what was recomended and then look to see what option will fit your requirement.
I would raise some examples but that will run me into too many arguments so basically understand what is going on before you buy.
AH say what:
One man with full hondata and 440cc RC injectors, forget the time and $$$ to tune on the dyno.
Another with high pressure pump and Rising rate 1:5. Both in a boosted b18c1. Guess who making the better time.... these things happen even after spending in excess of $1500us.
Now yes the hondata is more reliable and will not put stress on the fuel system like the high pressure but how ofter do you intend to floor it, will you be responsible to drive with out boost for most of the time. Do you need drivability on the road or just want performance at WOT, therefore do you require ignation retard according to boost? What about fuel, do you need fuel across the RPM band or just after 5000, there fore below 5000 or daily driving.... The list goes on.

Basically ask questions in your quest to understand why you are spending money on various mods. Look for a mechanic that you can relate to and feel comfortable or you could just do what you can and look for advise from a mechanic. all up to you..

zort

Spyrogyra
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Spyrogyra » May 4th, 2004, 9:17 am

The BEST TUNER, is you and yuh pardner, preferably you both have had some experience and know what and more importantly what NOT to do, it's always good to be friends with a well known tuner like TOLAS or Prentice in case you get to a point you need some serious help on and you're wondering "where do all these little bits go?" My hope someday is that I could do something like what they do on "Two Guys Garage" on Speed Channel, get an old head an block for a B18C, scrap dong the whole ting, get some shiny new parts and build back an almost or even better than new engine.

blu-rolla
Sweet on this forum
Location: either in sando, or sneakin out yuh back door as you reach home.

Postby blu-rolla » May 4th, 2004, 10:06 am

it's always good to be friends with a well known tuner like TOLAS or Prentice

you missin de point breds. If yuh realy want to do that project, RAMAFINGERS1 have a mechanic yuh could talk to.

Spyrogyra
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Spyrogyra » May 4th, 2004, 12:27 pm

^^^^^all ah dat, isn't that the point of being on Trinituner ????^^^^^^^^

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » May 5th, 2004, 5:59 pm

d point of being on 3ne 2nr simply is to mingle wid odda peongs like yuhself, if not fuh tech, fuh kix...or jus fuh de fellowship and knowing it have odda ppl like u out there that share the same passion...
these fellas here to help if they can, or they can put u on to sum1 who could if they themselves can't help at dat point in time...

I could see REAL fellas here know dey scene under de hood and REAL fellas here know de scene under de car...I would love to see dem get 2gether and make a masterpiece to burn up d track...

THAT in itself would answer everybody's questions as to who's the best tuner...iz not a question of who have d most clients or who have all de Mivec's and RX's and R33's park up outside dey place, or who could work on a budget, or outright performance and leavin everybody in yuh dust...

iz about gettin ur ride to do what u want it to do, having fun getting there and learning a ting or two in de process...if u could get all ah dat in one place, be it by yuh padnuh or by Tola or under yuh own house...if iz u or anybody who help u to reach dat point, THAT is d best tuner

cheese pie
punchin NOS

Postby cheese pie » May 5th, 2004, 9:51 pm

iz about gettin ur ride to do what u want it to do, having fun getting there and learning a ting or two in de process...if u could get all ah dat in one place, be it by yuh padnuh or by Tola or under yuh own house...if iz u or anybody who help u to reach dat point, THAT is d best tuner

well said hook

i agree

996vtwin
In Memory of George Aboud Jr.

Postby 996vtwin » May 6th, 2004, 1:29 am

ramafingers1 wrote:Yuh know Blu-rolla right :D :D :D Not only dat, but it have mechanics dat does live by saying anytime yuh going turbo especially in ahh Civic YUH MUST USE HALTEC and dat is real $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :( :( an den it does have men who does build up turbo tings on de side of de road or under somebody house which still running de normal ECU an mashing up dem same men dat spenn $$$$$$$ for haltec an brand new turbo an other accessories.But ent some time last year Prentice use to tune ahh 4dr Civic dat was running about 18-20lbs boost an still couldna ketch Yancy in de lil white hatchback civic dat jus had ahh frank engine in it wit ahh lil blue bottle an cams (he aint spen half de money de nex man spend) an every time gangsta prentice only telling de man MORE DRUGS, MORE BOOST an every week is MORE LICKSSSSSSSSSSS :D :D :D
so as de man sayin ahh nut shell, if yuh could make yuh car go faster dan de nex man own wit small money ------------- dah iz de mechanic :D :D

Ramafig if you are talking about my civic and Yancy first of all I had a b16 not a b18 at that time. Secondly it was an engine that I paid 2200tt and slapped in while my beautiful b18c was being built. Yancy had a fully modded B20 (yes it is bigger then a b16 :wink: ) and Nitrous. And all I had was my poor little b16 beater and yes all I did was turn up the boost and fix a fuel leak I had (and no :D I didnt need TEH TUNE DE HALTEKY for dat) maybe you werent there when I shared lix...too bad. Anyway My name is Gerald aboud ...name your time and your place otherwise shut your pie hole you troll.

ramafingers1
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ramafingers1 » May 6th, 2004, 8:40 am

Doh worry, TIME AND PLACE COMING SOON TO A GANGSTA DRAGS NEAR YOU :evil: :evil: :evil:

ramafingers1
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ramafingers1 » May 6th, 2004, 8:44 am

BUT DEN I DINDT SAY YOU, BUT LIKE IT FALL IN YOUR GARDEN BOY!!!!!!!! 0X

ramafingers1
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ramafingers1 » May 6th, 2004, 9:08 am

now look how i jus try to prove ahh point wit which is de better mechanic in my posts before an ahh man totally take it out of context --------
i AINT CALL NOBODY NAME OR CAR # AN DE MAN JUMP IN AN MASH MEH UP YES :D :D :D
QUOTE:
so as de man say in ahh nut shell, if yuh could make yuh car go faster dan de nex man own wit small money ------------- dah iz de mechanic!!!
BUT SAY WHAT :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 6th, 2004, 9:12 am

so as de man say in ahh nut shell, if yuh could make yuh car go faster dan de nex man own wit small money ------------- dah iz de mechanic!!!

terrible synopsis, u make one run and u have one run to fame :?
performance doesn't not come without a price

ramafingers1
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ramafingers1 » May 6th, 2004, 9:25 am

Yuh know what it come like, de SKF lancer when he went to de states. dem americans want to know where dis lil boy from in de caribbean wit dis right hand drive car come from to try an beat people. compared to de fellas he was running, he had ahh lil parlor compared to what dem guys have for sponsors!!!!!!! an what was de out come!!!!!

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 6th, 2004, 9:31 am

u still not making sense, small body means small power to get going, a full size gm car, even though is a tube chassis with light weight panels would still need some good amt. of power to motivate it down the track.
i don't beileve in buying used performance parts, you will pay more in the long run, all the cars from my garage all run wallers and all drive to go and back home with all placing in thier bracket, therefore reliable engines and drivers.
btw, only one does get rebuild like every 4 meets or so and is parts that fail not workmanship.

ramafingers1
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ramafingers1 » May 6th, 2004, 9:35 am

WELL BOY??????? :? :? :?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 6th, 2004, 10:00 am

well what?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 6th, 2004, 10:02 am

spend 1/4 of what Vtwin spend in an equally kind of car to engine and according to Bart, I will eat my shorts if u beat him in a 1/4mile run

ramafingers1
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ramafingers1 » May 6th, 2004, 10:11 am

And dahhh!!!!!!!!! Will i get milk and cookies for dat :D :D :D

blu-rolla
Sweet on this forum
Location: either in sando, or sneakin out yuh back door as you reach home.

Postby blu-rolla » May 6th, 2004, 10:47 am

I will eat my shorts if u beat him in a 1/4mile run

i want to see dis run. I'll walk with some ketchup to go with the shorts just in case. :mrgreen:

cdmg
3NE 2NR for life

Postby cdmg » May 6th, 2004, 12:59 pm

Why is it that we Trinis so. We start off with opinions being askked about some of our better known tuners and end up in a duel with the possibilty of a man eating he shorts with ketchup alone to go with it.
Dave,
I go bring some salt boy, doh worry.

But seriously fellas, we should consider a DIY Amateur Tuners Support Group or something and really use these forums to the full extent to help one another out and not to pelt stones.

CG.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 6th, 2004, 1:04 pm

Alot of you guys just don't understand what it takes to make a car go with what u have. Anyone can out put a sr20det in a 120y and run a 14's but ppl who use thier existing engine and make power then thats where the money is spent.
Remember talk is cheap, we have ppl here who can walk the walk. Let's see who will really run. I think none.

996vtwin

Postby 996vtwin » May 6th, 2004, 1:43 pm

Ramafinga dont pretend that you stetements were harmless, you said " More Boost , More Drugs". What does my business have to do with racing Yancy on a Sunday afternoon. YOur language was insultive to me and facts were also incorrect. Funny I missed this post as I would have responded earier. I have no tolerance for people like you , make yourself an example or dont choose people you do not know.

996vtwin

Postby 996vtwin » May 6th, 2004, 1:53 pm

ramafingers1 wrote:BUT DEN I DINDT SAY YOU, BUT LIKE IT FALL IN YOUR GARDEN BOY!!!!!!!! 0X

Yes it did fall in my garden, your mouth is writing checks you cant cash. why do you need to berate people on this forum. This forum wasnt created for people like you to attack others, we all went through that in the old forum....and thats why things have changed. Maybe you werent around in the old days but a lot of us are making an EFFORT!
It not about what you think , its about respect.

nismodriver
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby nismodriver » May 6th, 2004, 2:19 pm

A good mechanic is an honest one. Done talk..

banzai
3NE 2NR for life

Postby banzai » May 6th, 2004, 3:38 pm

de problem with mechanics is the same problem with any other service provider in this country. Those who don't know trying to hoodwink you, Some of Those who know want to abuse you and keep the knowledge and then the good ones. But even then yuh have a man dat is real boss on de engine but takin months to finish yuh car, dat is not good service.
We still accept all dat sheit and doh say nuttin.

banzai
3NE 2NR for life

Postby banzai » May 6th, 2004, 3:44 pm

anyone has reviews on a Wayne Alexis from St James??????????

De one on Mathura St who get lost at sea a time?
He is supposed to be good, when drag racing first started he did work on some cars I saw on the street, he used to do work on all dem exotics Speedway and de boodrams have.
Is always plenty cars by him and he was rumored to be a little hot priced but de talk in de neighbourhood is he is good....Always a set ah bad ass cars zooming on de street from by he.
I don't know from experience cause I always had shithound mechanics cause I was young and stupid

Bezman
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Bezman » May 6th, 2004, 5:12 pm

probably the best tuner in trini is Ryan Garcia - trained and certified in the US, built 7 second engines himself in his house in orlando when he was in the states, but (from experience) he doesnt have the time (or shop) to be tunning and pulling spanner for a living (for now) so he's out of the question... BUT hands down the best builder and tuner.. jsut too busy with family business, cart racing and personal life etc.....

i would rate TOLA and Prentice equally - they are both really good mechanics and very well rounded, i prefer TOLA cause he is just such a cool guy. Wayne "Doc" Alexis is also very good, knows haltech etc, just takes too long sometimes...

i say to all, get a really good TUNER and a really good mechanic. Tuner to do the expensive tuning of engine management, dyno tuning etc, precise engine building etc, a good trust worthy mechanic to do all the dirty work and hard labour that a TUNER would charge BIG money for.. problem is most tuners dont want to fix others problems so usually you end up doing all your work at the tuner shop..

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » May 6th, 2004, 6:03 pm

cdmg wrote:Why is it that we Trinis so. We start off with opinions being askked about some of our better known tuners and end up in a duel

tell meh dis thing nah :roll: i actually knew this would be the result, i hope it evens out though cause i would hate to delete this thread, it has some valuable infomation and reviews for everyone

996vtwin

Postby 996vtwin » May 6th, 2004, 6:26 pm

nismodriver wrote:A good mechanic is an honest one. Done talk..

True words.

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”