TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The A/C problem thread. Check here first! (Mods plz sticky)

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

HSA
Riding on 17's

Re: The A/C problem thread. Check here first! (Mods plz sticky)

Postby HSA » December 20th, 2016, 10:44 am

Trinisexychick wrote:Hey I need some advice I have a Toyota Corolla 2014 and the a.c. at its maximum is not blowing enough cold air just so one day....it worked well before can any one explain why this is happening

if the ac blowing same speed and not cold then

1) you have a leak in your system
2) compressor not engaging properly
3) god alone knows what else

Go by a reputable ac man to get it serviced....remember do not top up your ac as it is merely putting a plaster on the wound. get it fixed the 1st time

call ravi 736-8971 located in the bamboo

cueball1990
Trinituner Peong

Postby cueball1990 » January 4th, 2017, 9:48 am

having an issue with my 1nze fe 2002 fielder. the AC works but when it is on the compressor is extremely noisy and idles rough. the ac guy i checked said the compressor is "filing" not sure what he meant but can anyone tell me a possible cause for the noise? it sounds like a rattle and when the car is running whines which increases with the engine rpm, but the clutch still cycles on an off as normal. i also notice my dash lights flicker when it is on but is normal while im driving.

HSA
Riding on 17's

Postby HSA » January 4th, 2017, 11:10 am

Compressor may need some oil...hope u didnt degrease and do an engine wash ..

cueball1990
Trinituner Peong

Postby cueball1990 » January 4th, 2017, 12:09 pm

HSA wrote:Compressor may need some oil...hope u didnt degrease and do an engine wash ..

was planning to do an engine wash but havent gotten around to it yet. why?

HSA
Riding on 17's

Postby HSA » January 5th, 2017, 10:06 am

cueball1990 wrote:
HSA wrote:Compressor may need some oil...hope u didnt degrease and do an engine wash ..

was planning to do an engine wash but havent gotten around to it yet. why?

most places spray degreaser all over and dont cover alternator, compressor etc. most of these function with lubricant in the bearings...degreaser cuts the greese and the parts make noise...

zanemo
3NE 2NR for life

Postby zanemo » January 29th, 2017, 4:42 pm

Anyone knows where the Electrician from Couva by Isaac Junction opposite JTA / KFC has relocated to or his contact# ..... thanks in advance

Alsam2415
Ricer

Postby Alsam2415 » June 22nd, 2017, 8:11 pm

Hay fellas A.C Blower in my father Toyota Yaris 2012 gone. Anybody know where I could get one to buy reasonable?
Thanks.

Skillys
Street 2NR

Postby Skillys » June 22nd, 2017, 9:16 pm

Alsam2415 wrote:Hay fellas A.C Blower in my father Toyota Yaris 2012 gone. Anybody know where I could get one to buy reasonable?
Thanks.

Have one for sale 300.00. Pm or call 3822810.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 18th, 2017, 8:26 pm

Who would you guys recommend as the best AC tech?

Friend of mine has a Panasonic AC and he needs a AC tech to fix this.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » September 5th, 2017, 10:40 am

Guys, I have a 2012 Hyundai Tucson. At four years I had to change the evaporator. The AC cold now, but when I start it takes a five minutes or so for the AC to start to blow cold and if idling it gets warm. Any ideas?

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » September 5th, 2017, 7:09 pm

Two thing, clean your condenser in your car. Usually a coil cleaner works fine, its not that expensive. Just spray on and hose off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_em9lm69HQ follow this.

also look at your ac pressures, Might need a small top up. Yeh thats about it. Change your cabin filters and thats about it.

to Do a good ac upgrade is to install a aux fan on the front of the condenser. This usually helps with ac in the hot sun, in traffic and idling. Buy a universal fan and a relay. simple simple. 200$ job.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » October 2nd, 2017, 12:04 pm

ADONI wrote:Guys, I have a 2012 Hyundai Tucson. At four years I had to change the evaporator. The AC cold now, but when I start it takes a five minutes or so for the AC to start to blow cold and if idling it gets warm. Any ideas?

AC guy changed a control valve solenoid for me. He says is a regular thing with Hyundai/Kia.

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » October 10th, 2017, 6:41 am

ADONI wrote:
ADONI wrote:Guys, I have a 2012 Hyundai Tucson. At four years I had to change the evaporator. The AC cold now, but when I start it takes a five minutes or so for the AC to start to blow cold and if idling it gets warm. Any ideas?

AC guy changed a control valve solenoid for me. He says is a regular thing with Hyundai/Kia.

When to service my ac yesterday and tech also said the same..Toyota also uses a solenoid valve which goes within 18mths

gencon
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby gencon » October 22nd, 2017, 7:18 am

is anyone available today to change the pulley bearing on my compressor, it is just behind the clutch plate.

Henfracar
Street 2NR

Postby Henfracar » November 12th, 2017, 12:24 pm

King Kool in Barataria.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 3rd, 2018, 11:42 am

I read through this ched and saw people with AC problems in corollas etc.. It have plenty "ac men" out there who don't know that the following part exists.. It's called the air condition assembly amplifier unit and it causes several problems in NZE go all the way up. This part is very costly and you will only get it online or from a crash front cut in the bamboo...

The common problem with this part is : your AC will be on and will not be blowing as cold as it supposed to.. A simplified solution would be to bypass this part and run a direct(but you would need to put a switch because the compressor would be constantly running).

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » August 7th, 2018, 4:17 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:I read through this ched and saw people with AC problems in corollas etc.. It have plenty "ac men" out there who don't know that the following part exists.. It's called the air condition assembly amplifier unit and it causes several problems in NZE go all the way up. This part is very costly and you will only get it online or from a crash front cut in the bamboo...

The common problem with this part is : your AC will be on and will not be blowing as cold as it supposed to.. A simplified solution would be to bypass this part and run a direct(but you would need to put a switch because the compressor would be constantly running).

From what I've heard is the common problem with the Toyota a/c's is the solenoid valve in the electric a/c. Most ac men saying to buy the bottleneck compressor an redirect the lines and good to go.... Other option is buy the solenoid valve and change it, I have seen it on amazon, aftermarket part of course

not_a_monkey
Street 2NR

Postby not_a_monkey » September 12th, 2018, 8:01 pm

I don't know where else to post... Can anyone give an average pricing to expect when regassing aircon in a vehicle? I have a RAV4 2010model with the ac blowing cold, but not chilly cold as most other cars I experienced. My cuz Mazda3(older model) is very cold even on hot days and I'm jealous lol. so far there are no leaks in the rav and it blows quite cold when the condenser is wet. It's my first time going to an aircon shop and I want to be informed before i get ripped off. Already had bad experience with shock replacement and a stupid mechanic. So far I know they should vacuum line and replace gas.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » September 13th, 2018, 12:26 am

not_a_monkey wrote:I don't know where else to post... Can anyone give an average pricing to expect when regassing aircon in a vehicle? I have a RAV4 2010model with the ac blowing cold, but not chilly cold as most other cars I experienced. My cuz Mazda3(older model) is very cold even on hot days and I'm jealous lol. so far there are no leaks in the rav and it blows quite cold when the condenser is wet. It's my first time going to an aircon shop and I want to be informed before i get ripped off. Already had bad experience with shock replacement and a stupid mechanic. So far I know they should vacuum line and replace gas.

do as other tuners said above .
clean your condenser first...change filters... and have proper tint on the car.

Ac doesnt need "topping up"
an Ac is a SEALED system in order for u to be needing a "top up" gas has to go missing.....and only way for gas to go missing is if you have a leak.

dont get conned by thinkng you need a "top up". an over charged system works just as worse as when you have a leak.

check the sticker on the car and see whats the quantity of refrigerant needed and ensure thats the amount that is in the system. if you think your ac tech is any good he should be able to do this
( then you'll see how many fly by night ppl we have here )

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » September 13th, 2018, 12:42 am

Yup good advice...only need topping up if u have a leak....i changed my cabin filter and its now a lot colder than before...

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » September 13th, 2018, 12:54 am

*$kїđž!™ wrote:Yup good advice...only need topping up if u have a leak....i changed my cabin filter and its now a lot colder than before...

but WHY are you topping up if you have a leak bruh.....??

why not just fix the leak and done....??

in my car ive found leaks other big Ac men missed - ac men that are tuner recommended - and the ac place i went to gave warranty and guarantee and new seals for the repair work - ie i took it in for warranty work and they didnt even charge me for d new seals they put in.... nor work ( labour) or gas....

they took about 4-5 hours...

not_a_monkey
Street 2NR

Postby not_a_monkey » September 13th, 2018, 10:04 pm

Okay so do a leak test first? I was told the AC wasn't topped up for about two years, but it works okay enough just takes awhile to cool the entire car.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 13th, 2018, 10:19 pm

not_a_monkey wrote:Okay so do a leak test first? I was told the AC wasn't topped up for about two years, but it works okay enough just takes awhile to cool the entire car.
Have the pressures checked and referenced against a pressure temp chart.
Many variables to consider in a car.
But if you low on the refrigerant charge is best to diagnose and fix. Most systems have dye so a good uv light is a good thing to start with.
And no, I don't do car ac.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 13th, 2018, 10:21 pm

What vehicle tho? Newer vehicles dont use r134a from what I understand. So to retrofit some changes may need to take place. Not sure if anywhere that has HC refrigerant in stock, worst yet techs certified to work with it.

not_a_monkey
Street 2NR

Postby not_a_monkey » September 14th, 2018, 4:41 pm

nervewrecker wrote:What vehicle tho? Newer vehicles dont use r134a from what I understand. So to retrofit some changes may need to take place. Not sure if anywhere that has HC refrigerant in stock, worst yet techs certified to work with it.
It's x20 model year 2005 RAV4

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » September 14th, 2018, 9:00 pm

nervewrecker wrote:What vehicle tho? Newer vehicles dont use r134a from what I understand. So to retrofit some changes may need to take place. Not sure if anywhere that has HC refrigerant in stock, worst yet techs certified to work with it.

correct nerve. newer cars use something called HFO-1234yf . they supposed to begin using this as of 2017/ 2018 and beyond. the R134 refrigerant wont be phazed out - instead they will impose taxes on its use.

i dont know if the newer gas is compatible with cars that use the old refrigerant R134.

R134 gas is compatible with the even older R12 system - which is no longer in use.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 14th, 2018, 9:21 pm

skylinechild wrote:

correct nerve. newer cars use something called HFO-1234yf . they supposed to begin using this as of 2017/ 2018 and beyond. the R134 refrigerant wont be phazed out - instead they will impose taxes on its use.

i dont know if the newer gas is compatible with cars that use the old refrigerant R134.

R134 gas is compatible with the even older R12 system - which is no longer in use.

Whatever it is, its already in use. I know its a HC, not sure if HFO.

And yes the system can work with 134a but some changes will have to be made. I guess its time to start getting into the car AC game then?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » September 14th, 2018, 11:01 pm

^^not guess nah : GET INTO IT , plenty cars needs fixing & d day u dont have any house ac to fix u have something to fall back on

like in house\building ac it have car ac men rippin off ppl so we need good guys like u in it .....

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 6th, 2018, 1:52 pm

a next thing some ac men do .. some dont do a full service.. some clean your coil or condenser n change filter . make sure they check your gas pressure n clean your blower ..

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » October 16th, 2018, 7:48 pm

Rovin's Audio wrote:^^not guess nah : GET INTO IT , plenty cars needs fixing & d day u dont have any house ac to fix u have something to fall back on

like in house\building ac it have car ac men rippin off ppl so we need good guys like u in it .....

i'm an I.T guy... what the hell i know bout Ac... :lol:

an nerve i checked my new car - new from showroom 2017/18 model- it uses R134a... only thing it didnt tell me is what grade / number of PAG oil it uses

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”