TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

93 Del Sol engine advice

Fit, Civic, Integra, CR-V, Accord, Legend - Do NOT post FS or WTB here!!!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Galeal
Riding on 13's

93 Del Sol engine advice

Postby Galeal » October 28th, 2019, 7:28 am

I recently bought a Del Sol S/ automatic trans with 137k miles on it and it is very clean, one owner. Some dings here and there but otherwise the car was well taken care of - both mechanically and cleanliness.

The car is a joy to drive but I want to slowly upgrade things.

Would advise that I start with the engine (rebuild it/clean it up) or concentrate on upgrading the tires/wheels (currently it has 13" wheels)? I've been told I should upgrade to 14" but would love your advice.

Also, advice on where some of you get good quality parts at reasonable prices.

Here is what I've found in terms of rebuild options: 1993 Honda Civic del Sol 1.5L Engine Rebuild Kit - EK290 -10

Thanks in advance.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Re: 93 Del Sol engine advice

Postby kamakazi » October 28th, 2019, 10:45 am

Good day...137k km in approximately 26 years, works out to about 5000km per year which I think is a bit unrealistic but it might have been parked up for a very long time.

At that age a whole lot needs to be done. The engine rebuild kit is a good first move... You might not need all the parts but most of the gaskets and seals. I also advise a timing belt and water pump replacement as well as the other belts if they weren't replaced recently. Inspect all the hoses, the cooling system, engine mounts, suspension bushings, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, air filter etc.

You got a Honda so parts shouldn't be too much of a problem. Unfortunately they are going to be expensive (except for this rebuild kit apparently) and the car is going to be in the garage for a while before it is sorted

If most of these things are in good nic, then you can look at getting the rims and tires.

Advertisement

Return to “HONDA”