TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

engine rebuild kits

Fit, Civic, Integra, CR-V, Accord, Legend - Do NOT post FS or WTB here!!!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

paz
I LUV THIS PLACE

engine rebuild kits

Postby paz » May 18th, 2004, 11:41 pm

who makes these kits , what prices and is it worth it ? this is for a b16a

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 19th, 2004, 8:44 am

u can get oe or a substitute
don't buy substitute if u intend on roughing up the engine unless it's a good brand

Spyrogyra
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Spyrogyra » May 19th, 2004, 11:16 am

you can import one from Spoon Sports, check this site

www.inlinefour.com

it's a bit pricey but worth it if you want to keep the engine running good, used b16 engines getting rare !

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » May 19th, 2004, 3:21 pm

What it does have in a kit??

I have seen some with gaskets, seals etc. But if I am doing a rebuild I would change bearings and rings too.

???

Spyrogyra
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Spyrogyra » May 20th, 2004, 8:10 am

on inline4.com they have all the parts as different packages, Metal Gaskets, Crankshafts, Piston sets with rings, Valve sets with seals and springs, etc etc etc.

or you can just buy a spoon built head and block, they also have used engines on the site

Jinx2004Riceboy
Street 2NR

Postby Jinx2004Riceboy » May 20th, 2004, 10:08 am

I believe that Gude aka Bullfrog is a company that makes rebuild kits. I think maybe Skunk2 as well.

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » May 20th, 2004, 7:09 pm

what about calling ANP and see if they have or can source any for you?

ramafingers1
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ramafingers1 » May 21st, 2004, 6:15 pm

Hey Paz, check P.T. Motors in San Juan- 675-0223 or 675-3136. friend of mine bought one about 2-3 weeks ago and was nearly 1/2 de price ANP will sell you it for...............................................In any case, dat is where ANP does buy de whole kit from in de first place an split it up an sell people :evil: :evil: I bought ahh Honda gasketin January by P.T. for $125 and ANP want to sell me de same ting for $750 :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » May 21st, 2004, 6:44 pm

are you sure its of the same quality....???
you may be getting something much cheaper but the quuality is nowhere near as good...whereas in anp you can be guaranteed what you buy is of a very good quality!

paz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby paz » May 21st, 2004, 10:16 pm

thanks ramafingers ..i go check it ..see what brand it is

ramafingers1
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ramafingers1 » May 23rd, 2004, 12:19 pm

AHH TELLIN YUH IZ DE SAME TING :D :D DE MAN IN P.T. EVEN TELL ME ANP IS BUY DE PARTS BY DEM. ENT ANP DOES BUY HONDA MODULES BY MASKA FOR UNDER $300 WHOLESALE AN TELL ALYUH AHH SHIPMENT COMING IN JUS NOW AN SELL ALYUH IT FOR $1200 AND $1400 :( :(

Jinx2004Riceboy
Street 2NR

Postby Jinx2004Riceboy » May 30th, 2004, 8:16 pm

Do a "honda cylinder head search" on yer browser. I found tons of stuff on my old D15B. But cylinderheads.com and Gude have the best stuff in my opinion.

paz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby paz » May 31st, 2004, 12:31 am

thanks man

Placide
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Placide » May 31st, 2004, 6:58 am

HAHAHA Ramas yuh buss de mark on ANP eh padner?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EdVedder
Riding on 18's

Postby EdVedder » June 3rd, 2004, 9:03 am

hmmm

MadCrix
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby MadCrix » June 3rd, 2004, 9:26 am

called pt and the man say dey eh have NO OE HONDA PARTS.

i said thanks and hung up the phone. parthner them fellars sell u imitation parts dred.

EdVedder
Riding on 18's

Postby EdVedder » June 3rd, 2004, 9:36 am

so wha u sayin ANP has original honda parts ?

EdVedder
Riding on 18's

Postby EdVedder » June 3rd, 2004, 9:38 am

ramafingers1 wrote:ENT ANP DOES BUY HONDA MODULES BY MASKA FOR UNDER $300 WHOLESALE AN TELL ALYUH AHH SHIPMENT COMING IN JUS NOW AN SELL ALYUH IT FOR $1200 AND $1400 :( :(

wha kinda modules u talkin about ?

MadCrix
3NE 2NR Moderator

anp

Postby MadCrix » June 3rd, 2004, 9:43 am

gorgon wrote:so wha u sayin ANP has original honda parts ?

yea i bought stuff from them that was original.

EdVedder
Riding on 18's

Postby EdVedder » June 3rd, 2004, 9:08 pm

so the oe parts to the non oe parts really make a difference ?

of it is jus preference ?

MadCrix
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby MadCrix » June 4th, 2004, 10:03 am

is a trust issue. the non oe stuff, although some might be good, u cannot trust that the companies r&d department did hey job properly as oppsed to the oe stuff

paz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby paz » June 4th, 2004, 2:45 pm

in terms of durability dey are not many parts that last as long as oem ..very few company actually have the resources and level of r&d like the oem manufacturer

paz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby paz » June 4th, 2004, 2:46 pm

cheaper alternative is to order the kit from a honda dealership in the US

powdedd
3NE 2NR for life

Postby powdedd » June 6th, 2004, 1:09 am

what rama saying is truth, i pay $800 for my gasket kit by PT. de same thing by ANP separated costing almost 2G when yuh check it. for bearing, rings etc. go online, ANP wanted to sell me main & rod bearings for aroung $2600, I bought TOPLINE racing bearings for $800. when yuh check the difference in price it cheaper to buy ah plane ticket, get yuh parts and bring it down yuh self.

EdVedder
Riding on 18's

Postby EdVedder » June 6th, 2004, 3:06 am

^^good info meh boy

but business ppl pay a big thing called taxes...an these taxes r not imposed by the customs as lots of ppl think....they came from the govt, customs jus there to make sure everyting is done right

when u bring it in via suitcase it will most definetly be cheaper

but i agree with u dat some ppl prices an too much over priced (im not thinkin of anybody in particular..jus speakin generally)

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » June 6th, 2004, 10:10 am

ramafingers1 be carefull you are just speculating in your statements
so you want to get into the difference between costs in honda parts
lets give an example
brand name aftermarket say an energy suspension bushing costs $500
oem replacment ie genuine honda costs $800
and no name aftermarket made in india costs $350
the options are yours to buy what you want
any legitamate buisness as gorgan says pays taxes on all parts imported granted that some of the tax laws are extremely outdated but bottom line is that they have to be payed. :lol:
so if you can source your parts in the states and simply multiply by 6 even thought the exchange rate is 6.3 and then bring it in without paying taxes why bother to even comment on this topic go and buy your parts and bring it in yourself
ANP is a buisness and with any buisness a profit has to be made otherwise it doesnt make sense
If ANP has been robbing people due to the markup of parts being made too high then how come they have been in operation for more than 30 years.........

What i can never understand is people with the lil 1 car complainin about prices for oem parts to maintain it if u cant afford to maintain your honda then sell it and buy somthing that you can afford to maintian instead of trying to derfame a buisness because you think the price was too high
How come no comment was made about prices at HONDA in trinidad......did you not go to them for your parts??? from what i have seen here the answer will be no
WHY NOT???

Constructive criticism is always welcome
but destructive comments will not be tolerated
if you think maska and pt are the suppliers of honda parts then go to them for your parts and stop complaining like a lil cry baby over someone elses prices on genuine honda parts
feel free to reply on this forum

dragaholic
Riding on 18's

Postby dragaholic » June 6th, 2004, 11:36 am

I bought a water pump for my teg from a co. im Miami and de pump lasted 3 months. I went to ANP and got another pump for less and it outlasted the motor itself.

I have never had ne problems wit there quality and there prices are not really above board. And 99% of the time you can get what yuh lookin for in ah hurry.

so big up ANP.

paz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby paz » June 6th, 2004, 3:19 pm

first to begin anp parts are cheaper than classic dat much obvious ..they may be expensive but at the same time not everyone can or are willing to pay even these prices ..thus an alternative is what we are looking for ..some things i will buy i anp because it is convenient and i trust anp with my car and others ..well i will bring it in my self or find another alternative ..they has been instances where anp has given me better prices on oem parts than other people who suppose to be cheaper ..

powdedd
3NE 2NR for life

Postby powdedd » June 8th, 2004, 9:58 am

i agree with all de follow up on this topis . we all have options , if one place too expensive then try another, any time yuh complaining or have no options then yuh can't afford what yuh have. thats all! plain and simple

ramafingers1
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ramafingers1 » June 9th, 2004, 1:13 pm

hey sr

ramafingers1 be carefull you are just speculating in your statements
so you want to get into the difference between costs in honda parts
lets give an example
brand name aftermarket say an energy suspension bushing costs $500
oem replacment ie genuine honda costs $800
and no name aftermarket made in india costs $350
the options are yours to buy what you want
any legitamate buisness as gorgan says pays taxes on all parts imported granted that some of the tax laws are extremely outdated but bottom line is that they have to be payed.
so if you can source your parts in the states and simply multiply by 6 even thought the exchange rate is 6.3 and then bring it in without paying taxes why bother to even comment on this topic go and buy your parts and bring it in yourself
ANP is a buisness and with any buisness a profit has to be made otherwise it doesnt make sense
If ANP has been robbing people due to the markup of parts being made too high then how come they have been in operation for more than 30 years.........

What i can never understand is people with the lil 1 car complainin about prices for oem parts to maintain it if u cant afford to maintain your honda then sell it and buy somthing that you can afford to maintian instead of trying to derfame a buisness because you think the price was too high
How come no comment was made about prices at HONDA in trinidad......did you not go to them for your parts??? from what i have seen here the answer will be no
WHY NOT???

Constructive criticism is always welcome
but destructive comments will not be tolerated
if you think maska and pt are the suppliers of honda parts then go to them for your parts and stop complaining like a lil cry baby over someone elses prices on genuine honda parts
feel free to reply on this forum

when yuh doh know nuttin yuh mus shut yuh damn mouth :evil: :twisted:
I TELLINN YOU AN EVERY BODY ELSE- ANP DOES BUY DEY DAMN MODULES BY MASKA AN SELL ALYUH FELLAS IT . BE IT A JAPANEESE MODULE, TAIWAN GRENADIAN OR MAKE IN SOMEBODY GARRAGE IN MORRUGA.DAT DOH SAY ONE SHITE.
DEY STILL BUYING DE DAMN MODULES WHOLESALE FROM MASKA FOR UNDER $300 AN SELLING ALYUH PEOPLE FOR $1200 AN $1400.
SO WHAT ALYUH DO KNOW ABOUT DRIVING DOWN TO SOUTH AN GETTING DE SAME TING. AN WHEN YUH ASK ANDY FOR AHH MODULE AN HE SAY HE DOH HAVE, HE ALWAYS SAYING AHH SHIPMENT COMING IN FROM JAPAN JUS NOW......JAPAN MY A$$. :twisted: :twisted: I AINT KNOW NO DAMN JAPAN NO WHERE IN SOUTH :? :? :? DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF ANY
CALL MASKA AN ASK DEM IF ANP DOH BUY ALL DEY MODULES WHEN EVER DEY BRING DOWN NAH. AN ALYUH WANT TO TELL ME ABOUT MAN HAVE TO PAY TAXES............ WHAT FLIPPING TAXES AHH MAN HAVE TO PAY FOR ONE OF MASKA VEHICLES TO BRING IT UP FROM LA-ROMAINE.
NOW AHH MAN NOT SAYING AHH MAN CYAH MAKE AHH DOLLAR ON PEOPLE HEAD, BUT STIT, DOH DIG OUT MEH DAMN BOTH EYE

Advertisement

Return to “HONDA”