TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

So up to mischief again

Fit, Civic, Integra, CR-V, Accord, Legend - Do NOT post FS or WTB here!!!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

So up to mischief again

Postby Dave » May 14th, 2004, 1:11 pm

and built a kinda ram air cai for a honda brethren on his SIR. He bought some interesting parts from his last trip to the states.
Some kinda funnel ram air collector he bought with some ceramic coated air pipe.
We put it all together with this macosize ram at the end and then the filter housed in a kinda box.
He drove around for a few days and swore that the vtec never felt so good. He said it was like some boost. I was like whatever :?
Crazy fellow went and hooked up a boost gauge and crazy as it may seem, he registered a little over 1 psi of boost, and I was like WTF :shock:
He now wants to go all out with fuel tuning. My question is, would the map sensor be adequate or would he require a fpr and some more firepowah to make this new found powah all worthwhile.
He claims he may see more than 2psi when he gets rid of the clone filter he has and buys a K&N unit.
We will see but let meh hear Dirty and Zort and Crazy.

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » May 14th, 2004, 6:15 pm

The stock map sensor is a 2 bar and is good to ~11psi.

The Honda ecu will freak out if it sees any kind of boost tho. If the map sensor actually saw boost (even 1psi) it would register a CEL code and throw you in limp mode, regardless.... I doubt it actually made 'boost'. Either way... anything under 4 psi of boost can be handled by simply bumping the fuel pressure... the 1:1 stock fpr will supply enough fuel to avoid detonation... the vtec fuel map is set VERY rich, believe it or not.

1-2psi would be equivalent to around 7-10 whp... a good intake can make 3-5whp... maybe he's just got a good intake and a case of Wishful Thinking. :mrgreen:

DIESELTRINI
30 pounds of Boost

Postby DIESELTRINI » May 14th, 2004, 9:39 pm

Nah Dave... Where he measuring the boost? Hadda be before the throttle. Also, at what speed is boost registering on the gauge? The ram effect is definitely a true thing... but to call it boost :?

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » May 16th, 2004, 4:12 am

i dont even feel 1 psi, i start to really feel boost from about 3-4psi and up

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » May 16th, 2004, 10:59 am

it have fella here who does talk more sheit more than that on this forum
ah feel they does be reachin all kinda 5psi an ting
but remember we experiment with the ram air theory with the kingswood and 280c long time ago

ZORT
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby ZORT » May 17th, 2004, 9:48 am

Dave,
X2 said it all once the map see boost it will throw a code hence the reason for the missing link or check valves. Fuel would not be a problem becuase he would only see this 1 psi at high speed for the ram effect.

I would mind see this 1 psi. Where is the line tapped on the intake manifold right..

zort

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 17th, 2004, 10:10 am

He still trying to reach for Saturday :lol:
I saw the T he did after the throttle plate and it was about 120km and more he got it. He did say on Thursday last he saw the check engine light come on and go off but I really didn't know what to tell him except do a scan and retrieve the code. Thanks for the info guys, if u see it, it's a white 92-95 with some 15's chrome and a HUGE 8" funnel in front the car. The car is like mine, real original with only a barrel in back and the funnel in front.

Thanks for the info guys.

Dirty Face
punchin NOS

Postby Dirty Face » May 17th, 2004, 11:43 am

^ when the code comes on see if its map sensor.. that should answer our question if hes seeig 1 psi or not

Yeo
TunerGod

Postby Yeo » May 17th, 2004, 11:48 am

:shock: Ent you supposed to be on de road?

Advertisement

Return to “HONDA”