Forums

Visa Debit Card, Receiving funds via PayPal in Trinidad

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

sMASH
TunerGod

Re: Visa Debit Card, Receiving funds via PayPal in Trinidad

Postby sMASH » November 3rd, 2019, 10:53 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Anything transferred to a credit card would be like paying money to the credit card. If you try to withdraw then you getting hit with cash advance fees
Salt...

Sinz
Street 2NR

Postby Sinz » September 24th, 2020, 3:09 pm

Good, assist me if you can please,

I have funds which are to be be transferred to me (in USD), and one of the methods of transfer is PayPal. How easy is it for cash to be transferred and cashed out locally? I bank with FCB and also have a VISA card (not prepaid) in their name.

Thanks in advance guys.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 24th, 2020, 3:39 pm

Sinz wrote:Good, assist me if you can please,

I have funds which are to be be transferred to me (in USD), and one of the methods of transfer is PayPal. How easy is it for cash to be transferred and cashed out locally? I bank with FCB and also have a VISA card (not prepaid) in their name.

Thanks in advance guys.

You can have the person transfer the funds to your PayPal account.
The funds will show immediately in your PayPal, however you will have to wait 30 days for the funds to become available.
Once the funds are available you can withdraw the funds to your FCB VISA credit card. This costs US$5 to withdraw up to US$500 per day. Or you can wait until the 1st of the next month and PayPal will automatically withdraw ALL your available balance to your FCB VISA card at NO charge.
It will show as a charge back to your credit card.
Last i checked you will need your bank routing number to add your T&T bank account to PayPal - not all T&T banks work, if any at all.

Payoneer.com lets you add a T&T bank account and withdraw your funds to it, it works just like PayPal.

Sinz
Street 2NR

Postby Sinz » September 24th, 2020, 4:06 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Thanks in advance guys.

The funds will show immediately in your PayPal, however you will have to wait 30 days for the funds to become available.
Once the funds are available you can withdraw the funds to your FCB VISA credit card. This costs US$5 to withdraw up to US$500 per day. Or you can wait until the 1st of the next month and PayPal will automatically withdraw ALL your available balance to your FCB VISA card at NO charge.
Last i checked you will need your bank routing number to add your T&T bank account to PayPal - not all T&T banks work, if any at all.

Payoneer.com lets you add a T&T bank account and withdraw your funds to it, it works just like PayPal.

Thanks so much for the info Duane.

Is a routing number a requirement to transfer the funds from my PayPal to the FCB card? Or is that just for PayPal to my bank account? And if it's the case for the former, that would mean that Payoneer will be the only option available, correct?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 24th, 2020, 4:16 pm

Sinz wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Thanks in advance guys.

Thanks so much for the info Duane.

Is a routing number a requirement to transfer the funds from my PayPal to the FCB card? Or is that just for PayPal to my bank account? And if it's the case for the former, that would mean that Payoneer will be the only option available, correct?

A routing number is not needed to withdraw from PayPal to your FCB Visa card.
A routing number is only needed if you wish to wish to withdraw from you PayPal directly to your bank account - this is if you wish to receive the cash.
Payoneer lets you withdraw to your T&T bank account.

Sinz
Street 2NR

Postby Sinz » September 24th, 2020, 4:20 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:A routing number is not needed to withdraw from PayPal to your FCB Visa card.
A routing number is only needed if you wish to wish to withdraw from you PayPal directly to your bank account - this is if you wish to receive the cash.

But if I transfer funds to my CC, I can always withdraw to an ATM. But I guess having it transferred directly takes away the extra step.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 24th, 2020, 4:28 pm

Sinz wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:A routing number is not needed to withdraw from PayPal to your FCB Visa card.

But if I transfer funds to my CC, I can always withdraw to an ATM. But I guess having it transferred directly takes away the extra step.

Withdrawing cash from your credit card is also known as a cash advance.
It usually has a much higher rate of interest than using your credit card for a purchase.
Be sure to read up on how your bank treats a cash advance before withdrawing cash from your credit card.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB76XHen4YQ

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » September 24th, 2020, 9:56 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Thanks in advance guys.

Thanks for this bit of info, Duane!

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 24th, 2020, 11:07 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Payoneer lets you withdraw to your T&T bank account.

Good posts, thanks Duane.

Quick question. If you have a US account with a local bank, and you withdraw US funds from Payoneer to your local US bank account, any issues?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 25th, 2020, 7:10 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Sinz wrote:

Withdrawing cash from your credit card is also known as a cash advance.
It usually has a much higher rate of interest than using your credit card for a purchase.

Be sure to read up on how your bank treats a cash advance before withdrawing cash from your credit card.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB76XHen4YQ

And with some banks, the interest kicks in instantly, unlike a purchase where you have some time beforehand.

Sinz
Street 2NR

Postby Sinz » September 25th, 2020, 7:15 am

Ok ok I understand. Thanks a mil for the info guys. Much appreciated.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 25th, 2020, 11:34 am

The_Honourable wrote:

Quick question. If you have a US account with a local bank, and you withdraw US funds from Payoneer to your local US bank account, any issues?

It will work but the fees are high from the local receiving bank in T&T.

csb time:
Someone sent me US$65 via Payoneer. Payoneer charged US$1.95 to receive and then charged US$1.26 to withdraw, no problem there.
But then my local T&T bank charged US$29 to receive the US$61.79 into my local USD bank account. No conversion to ttd was needed or done.

so from $65 only $32.79 was collected.

I’m sure it would make sense to use this for larger sums, as the fees will then be negligible in comparison. But for micro-transactions like this, it doesn’t make sense.

neilsingh100
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby neilsingh100 » September 25th, 2020, 12:24 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:

It will work but the fees are high from the local receiving bank in T&T.

csb time:
Someone sent me US$65 via Payoneer. Payoneer charged US$1.95 to receive and then charged US$1.26 to withdraw, no problem there.
But then my local T&T bank charged US$29 to receive the US$61.79 into my local USD bank account. No conversion to ttd was needed or done.

so from $65 only $32.79 was collected.

I’m sure it would make sense to use this for larger sums, as the fees will then be negligible in comparison. But for micro-transactions like this, it doesn’t make sense.

Looks like Payoneer sending the funds to the local bank via wire transfer so if this is the case does not make sense for small amounts. Which bank?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » September 25th, 2020, 12:24 pm

If they are flat fees then great, if a percentage then there's more to consider.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 25th, 2020, 12:54 pm

Scotiabank
I believe it is a flat fee plus a percentage (maybe 3%)
What are standard fees for receiving USD funds into a local USD account via wire transfer?

neilsingh100
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby neilsingh100 » September 25th, 2020, 1:05 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Scotiabank
What are standard fees for receiving USD funds into a local USD account via wire transfer?
Varies by bank but the following link (although from 2016) should give you an idea.
https://www.central-bank.org.tt/sites/d ... 9%202016_0.

Scotia Incoming wire transfer fees are $0-$35.00 $USD so the US$29 is most likely that.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 25th, 2020, 7:23 pm

neilsingh100 wrote:
Varies by bank but the following link (although from 2016) should give you an idea.

Scotia Incoming wire transfer fees are $0-$35.00 $USD so the US$29 is most likely that.

What varies the fees between $0-$35.00?

neilsingh100
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby neilsingh100 » September 26th, 2020, 10:55 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
neilsingh100 wrote:

What varies the fees between $0-$35.00?
Have no idea but RBL & FCB charge around US$15 for an incoming wire transfer.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » October 8th, 2020, 10:26 pm

Is there any advantage to opening a US Bank account from Trinidad or will Payoneer work just fine?
Also is there a way to withdraw the US dollars from paypal and obtain it in US rather than TT?
If I have a US account will this work?

Also If making a payoneer account, do I set the currency to TT or US? Is there any benefit to registering an FCB account rather than a RBC account?

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » May 7th, 2021, 2:16 pm

Bumping this thread to ask a question.

Has anyone ever sent money to someone in the US using paypal?

I read up on it from paypal's website.

https://www.paypal.com/va/smarthelp/art ... ey-faq1684

However, I would like to know if anyone has ever done this. If so, can you share how its done and how the person in the US will access or use the funds as well as any other charges that may be incurred to transfer money from T&T to the US?

When sending money, is the value of the transfer charged to my registered credit card on my paypal account, in which case it is seen on the credit card statement as a "paypal" charge?

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » May 7th, 2021, 3:15 pm

Just enter amount you want to send and the person receives it instantly to their PayPal. They can then transfer the funds to their bank account. A fee is charged so if you send $1000 they may get like $958.
The funds will be withdrawn from your credit card and show up as a PayPal transaction.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » May 7th, 2021, 3:18 pm

carluva wrote:Bumping this thread to ask a question.

Has anyone ever sent money to someone in the US using paypal?

I read up on it from paypal's website.

https://www.paypal.com/va/smarthelp/art ... ey-faq1684

However, I would like to know if anyone has ever done this. If so, can you share how its done and how the person in the US will access or use the funds as well as any other charges that may be incurred to transfer money from T&T to the US?

When sending money, is the value of the transfer charged to my registered credit card on my paypal account, in which case it is seen on the credit card statement as a "paypal" charge?

Process is really simple.
1.)Open a paypal account.
2.)Link a credit card to your paypal account. If it is a prepaid credit card make sure you have funds in the card.
3.)Have the person you're sending money on paypal to give you their paypal user name and ensure its the right person.
4.)Press the send feature and input the amount you would like to send. Generally the currency is in USD but you can change it in the settings. A small fee is charged by paypal.
5.)The person should receive the funds in less than a minute.
6.) Check Credit Card HIstory to See breakdown of charges.
That's it. PM me if you have any other questions. :lol:

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » May 7th, 2021, 3:23 pm

Thanks for the reply. Seems simple enough. I just wanted to know if others have done it.

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » May 7th, 2021, 3:44 pm

carluva wrote:Thanks for the reply. Seems simple enough. I just wanted to know if others have done it.

done it, both ways too. sending and receiving to/from USA amongst many other places.
all cool.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » May 7th, 2021, 3:47 pm

carluva wrote:Thanks for the reply. Seems simple enough. I just wanted to know if others have done it.

Yes. I do it all the time.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 8th, 2021, 5:41 pm

wtf wrote:

Kindly note you are NOW being monitored by the FIU for money laundering :D

They have your IP address and know where YOU live :!:

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » May 8th, 2021, 5:45 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
wtf wrote:

Kindly note you are NOW being monitored by the FIU for money laundering :D

They have your IP address and know where YOU live :!:
That's not money laundering you uneducated PNM fool.
That's simply sending funds as a gift to someone in the USA using Pay Pal as a means of transmission.
Do you read your content before you post it?

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » May 8th, 2021, 5:54 pm

Have issued receiving and transferring to account... Reach screen where I can keep it as PayPal cash or transfer to bank but out banks not listed?
daxt0r wrote:

done it, both ways too. sending and receiving to/from USA amongst many other places.
all cool.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » May 8th, 2021, 5:55 pm

Note I linked card already and for years doing purchases but could never "cash out" from PayPal and I have a few USD in refunds since there

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » May 8th, 2021, 5:58 pm

gastly369 wrote:Note I linked card already and for years doing purchases but could never "cash out" from PayPal and I have a few USD in refunds since there
If you have Mastercard you can't withdraw funds to the card. You need a Visa card for that.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”