Forums

Best Gyms in Port of Spain

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

She_ro
Riding on 13's

Best Gyms in Port of Spain

Postby She_ro » April 17th, 2019, 7:07 pm

What's the best gym in Port of Spain that has personal trainers ?

Zetski
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: Best Gyms in Port of Spain

Postby Zetski » April 17th, 2019, 11:10 pm

I does go the fitness center it is pretty decent.. i heard good things about long circular gym as well idk about d rest

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » April 17th, 2019, 11:19 pm

West mall's gym is outfitted decently but very very cramped, I would hate to be in there during a monday evening.

Long circular also have everything else you need but has the advantage of being more spacious. Idk if BBI still training/coaching there, but if yes, it go have some noise in yuh head.

Don't be fraid to drive to all in your preferred area and just ask for a walkthrough of the facilities, they will usually let a trainer/some staff member tour you through and let you ask your questions. One or two might have a waiver to sign before the walkthrough though.

She_ro
Riding on 13's

Postby She_ro » April 18th, 2019, 9:50 pm

Bump

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » April 19th, 2019, 4:42 pm

Personal trainers ?

You serious ?

No such people .. in Trini

Try LCM Gym.

mars
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mars » April 20th, 2019, 8:37 am

Budo Fitness - West Hills (Brian Chin Leung) hardcore, old school. Does not suffer fools, posers or gym bunnies....

Imran007
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Imran007 » April 20th, 2019, 9:55 am

Check Duro Body fitness, 1 Stone st POS, next to circuit zone. Run by the local ninja warrior champ. Personalized group sessions plus one on one. Check them on Facebook and instagram.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 20th, 2019, 10:32 am

RedVEVO wrote:Personal trainers ?

X2

These wanna be Trini boy youtube trainers feel they do a lil course and call themselves...”personal trainers” and nutritionists lmao...

Knowledge, dedication and consistency lacks terribly with these locals....but is expected due to the mentality.

99% of these gym roaches disgust me.

Oh and btw, to see how they jealous and hate on eachother when one has more clients than the other is very amusing.

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » April 20th, 2019, 11:26 am

I like Raw fitness in Gasparillo. The Douche Bag Ratio is lower than most modern gyms in Trinidad.

FordeG
3NE 2NR for life

Postby FordeG » April 20th, 2019, 12:03 pm

Why go gym when you can walk/run?

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » April 20th, 2019, 3:16 pm

FordeG wrote:Why go gym when you can walk/run?

Do some runs under the Sea Lots walkover then

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » April 20th, 2019, 7:22 pm

FordeG wrote:Why go gym when you can walk/run?

Lol...

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » April 20th, 2019, 7:54 pm

Anybody know a good gym in south? looking for a specific need. Can't weight-bear on feet so right now just stationary cycling, but don't want my calves to wither away.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 10th, 2019, 3:37 am

MaxPower wrote:

X2

These wanna be Trini boy youtube trainers feel they do a lil course and call themselves...”personal trainers” and nutritionists lmao...

Knowledge, dedication and consistency lacks terribly with these locals....but is expected due to the mentality.

Oh and btw, to see how they jealous and hate on eachother when one has more clients than the other is very amusing.

Preach my brother !! .. preach !

Or maybe Sister .. no mind .. preach

These wannabes can hurt you bad ..
Ask for their certificates etc.

These peeps charge like $2,500 a pop.

And and and .. They "tusty" so do not trust these maggots .

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » May 10th, 2019, 2:57 pm

MaxPower wrote:

X2

I'd disagree with allyuh, I know two...one of which was a lecturer on the PTI course offered by the TTDF and the other was the physio for the national football team that went to Germany in 2006....both men have great respect, presently in their late 50s and imparting their knowledge accordingly.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 10th, 2019, 3:17 pm

Yes you know two. Out of how many at every corner who don't understand basic biochemistry, nutrition or the physiodynamics of each muscle in various exercises? Ha, ask your local "fitness coach" to draw and label a cross-section of a skeletal muscle fiber nah? Something that every student who took anatomy had to learn in first semester.

There are very few people in Trinidad who are really qualified in sports medicine. And very few on YouTube as well. A lot of people think that they could watch Pumping Iron by Arnold and do what he did. A whole lot of these local fitness coaches are scams who make their money damaging the joints and ligaments of overweight people, and know nothing about diet, sleep, fasting or meditation, which is 90% of true wellbeing and fitness.

They also push these overweight people who are desperate past 110% and end up damaging them without understanding that almost every function of the human body is conducted through hormone signaling, both genders are different wrt to hormones, and that CICO isn't as practical as it is in theory because everyone has different genetics are are subject to different environments throughout their day.

But the money is good though, how much for a session?

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » May 10th, 2019, 3:59 pm

maj. tom wrote:Yes you know two. Out of how many at every corner who don't understand basic biochemistry, nutrition or the physiodynamics of each muscle in various exercises? Ha, ask your local "fitness coach" to draw and label a cross-section of a skeletal muscle fiber nah? Something that every student who took anatomy had to learn in first semester.

There are very few people in Trinidad who are really qualified in sports medicine. And very few on YouTube as well. A lot of people think that they could watch Pumping Iron by Arnold and do what he did. A whole lot of these local fitness coaches are scams who make their money damaging the joints and ligaments of overweight people, and know nothing about diet, sleep, fasting or meditation, which is 90% of true wellbeing and fitness.

They also push these overweight people who are desperate past 110% and end up damaging them without understanding that almost every function of the human body is conducted through hormone signaling, both genders are different wrt to hormones, and that CICO isn't as practical as it is in theory because everyone has different genetics are are subject to different environments throughout their day.

But the money is good though, how much for a session?
No doubting you that there are many wannabes out there. But don't let that taint other people's view on what available locally. We have a lot of good qualified trainers down here. Don't be afraid to brace the posers, but don't make the mistake and think that ALL our trainers down here are a waste of time. Don't punish people that worked hard at their profession just because you too lazy research and ask the right questions.

No saying you personally eh. Just a general comment. We have good trainers out there but if you have no idea what you look for it easy to get mamaguide.

Conrad
punchin NOS

Postby Conrad » May 10th, 2019, 4:27 pm

Join a gym OP and research hard online.

The best thing you can do for yourself is knowing why you need to do what you do.

And if your goal is weight loss, diet becomes even more critical than just doing multiple reps/sets.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » May 10th, 2019, 5:16 pm

I trust the two that i know cuz they were first to tell me they dont use or reccomend sups....unless u bodybuilding for competition....they never use or say to use it....
They rely on technique, form, diet and rest...that's it...boil eggs, fish etc

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 11th, 2019, 7:39 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

X2

I'd disagree with allyuh, I know two...one of which was a lecturer on the PTI course offered by the TTDF and the other was the physio for the national football team that went to Germany in 2006....both men have great respect, presently in their late 50s and imparting their knowledge accordingly.

Show us their qualifications and tell them (some) Tuners happy to train with them anytime.
PM those interested with contact info.

It's NOT ALL but I know a poser when I see and hear one.

I was "trained" but just a college credit class - I do not pose as a trainer for big money .

I can suggest etc., but so can anybody on the internet or who has done some classes .

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”