TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

QG15 problems/questions

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

jhaynes
Riding on 13's

Re: QG15 problems/questions

Postby jhaynes » March 30th, 2019, 5:53 pm

Yea thats the 1st thing i checked...no vacuum leaks

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » March 31st, 2019, 6:11 am

jhaynes wrote:Good day tuners. Now bought a b15 with a qg13 engine but it idles as tho it is going to cut off and then it seems to catch back...and does this continuous...i changed air filter cam and crank sensor and trottle body...and it still happens no check light...any advice? I heard a guy name anil is good at these issues anyone has a contact for him?

dont just only check vacuum hoses for leaks you could also have a faulty intake gasket which is not sealing properly and could be introducing the extra air into the system causing the rough idle...

check your intake gaskets and such - spray the general area when the car is ruing with carb cleaner and see if the idle improves - spray to much and you may stall out the engine -- which is expected if the gasket is bad - be warned - carb cleaner on a hot engine can cause a fire -- so have your fire extinguisher on hand

the person you referring to is anil sooknanan. do a search on his name his # will show up.

jhaynes
Riding on 13's

Postby jhaynes » March 31st, 2019, 11:08 am

skylinechild wrote:
jhaynes wrote:Good day tuners. Now bought a b15 with a qg13 engine but it idles as tho it is going to cut off and then it seems to catch back...and does this continuous...i changed air filter cam and crank sensor and trottle body...and it still happens no check light...any advice? I heard a guy name anil is good at these issues anyone has a contact for him?

dont just only check vacuum hoses for leaks you could also have a faulty intake gasket which is not sealing properly and could be introducing the extra air into the system causing the rough idle...

check your intake gaskets and such - spray the general area when the car is ruing with carb cleaner and see if the idle improves - spray to much and you may stall out the engine -- which is expected if the gasket is bad - be warned - carb cleaner on a hot engine can cause a fire -- so have your fire extinguisher on hand

the person you referring to is anil sooknanan. do a search on his name his # will show up.
Yea i tried that too...saw it on youtube and tried it...thanks ill look him up and contact him

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » April 2nd, 2019, 11:54 pm

My almera was doing the same...took it by him...he scanned the car ...picked up nothin...he didnt have a clue....so good luck with that.....

I eventually swapped my brain box after everything i tried fail....lo and behold the car was back to its sweet self as soon as i plugged in the other brain box....

All kinda stupid things mechs made me do...like cutting out my catalyic converter etc

I know your issue may be different but swapping the brain box solved my prob

daron
Sweet on this forum

Postby daron » April 3rd, 2019, 5:35 am

Check coil pack

jhaynes
Riding on 13's

Postby jhaynes » April 3rd, 2019, 4:47 pm

*$kїđž![emoji769] wrote:
My almera was doing the same...took it by him...he scanned the car ...picked up nothin...he didnt have a clue....so good luck with that.....

I eventually swapped my brain box after everything i tried fail....lo and behold the car was back to its sweet self as soon as i plugged in the other brain box....

All kinda stupid things mechs made me do...like cutting out my catalyic converter etc

I know your issue may be different but swapping the brain box solved my prob
Waysss well boi like waever it is it totally gone tru now...didnt even get to carry it by anil...now as soon as i start it wud cut back off onetime

jhaynes
Riding on 13's

Postby jhaynes » April 3rd, 2019, 4:48 pm

daron wrote:
Check coil pack
Nah the coil packs good. Thanks

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » April 4th, 2019, 10:46 pm

U should do a scan....the problem may show up now

sylvo
Riding on 13's

Postby sylvo » January 19th, 2020, 7:49 pm

Qg15 E throttle starts on the second attempt doesn't happen all the time fresh plugs new air filter. engine was put in 2 months now any advice.

1800GSRLANCER
Sweet on this forum

Postby 1800GSRLANCER » February 26th, 2020, 8:37 am

last night i'm driving my y11 ad, qg15 de cvtc e-throttle, was doing about 80km and the engine failed so i came to a stop and tried to restart but the car wasn't tumbling only the starter solenoid clicking.. changed battery used a jumper and still clicking, idk if is alternator or battery. has anyone ever experienced this ?
Last edited by 1800GSRLANCER on December 4th, 2020, 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » February 26th, 2020, 11:19 am

Know qg engines have cam and crank issues where engines shut down. Could be somewhere to explore.

1800GSRLANCER
Sweet on this forum

Postby 1800GSRLANCER » March 3rd, 2020, 2:59 am

It's a long story but, head and block time..

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » March 3rd, 2020, 7:30 am

How much QG15 selling for these days?

1800GSRLANCER
Sweet on this forum

Postby 1800GSRLANCER » March 3rd, 2020, 9:00 am

Cheapest price I got foreign used is 900 e-throttle, but didn't shop much places btw

Crazydriver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Crazydriver » August 6th, 2020, 3:08 pm

anyone knows where have good singapore parts for almera? jumping on your thread sry

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » July 4th, 2021, 3:27 pm

20210704_153033.jpg
Sundar wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
Sundar wrote:
racedriverpro wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:anyone ever noticed a green rubber stopper on the accelerator pedal in a y11?? what's the purpose of this stopper? what happens if the rubber falls off?
I believe that's for the brake light switch.

on the accelerator Pedal? probably a bump stop or for the kick down switch.

So i played fast....took out the stopper...once out you would not be able to accelerate... now this rubber is not that strong and from what I saw....it can give out at any time...so if while driving and you suddenly cannot accelerate this is the reason why....if not then go to the pedal sensor...

Well it should be soft and rubbery not to crack when Yuh hit " x to board" the brake one falls out/ breaks faster. Buy one and keep it in the pocket.

Where does the rubber go on the gas pedal.? I think i have this issue an saw the green rubber on the mat.

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » July 6th, 2021, 10:37 am

daring dragoon wrote:20210704_153033.jpg
Sundar wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
Sundar wrote:
racedriverpro wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:anyone ever noticed a green rubber stopper on the accelerator pedal in a y11?? what's the purpose of this stopper? what happens if the rubber falls off?
I believe that's for the brake light switch.

on the accelerator Pedal? probably a bump stop or for the kick down switch.

So i played fast....took out the stopper...once out you would not be able to accelerate... now this rubber is not that strong and from what I saw....it can give out at any time...so if while driving and you suddenly cannot accelerate this is the reason why....if not then go to the pedal sensor...

Well it should be soft and rubbery not to crack when Yuh hit " x to board" the brake one falls out/ breaks faster. Buy one and keep it in the pocket.

Where does the rubber go on the gas pedal.? I think i have this issue an saw the green rubber on the mat.

You need to look under the dash at the pedal, move it and look carefully at the moving parts, look for the kick down switch and press the accelerator pedal and see where it would make contact with the switch and there's your location.

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”