TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby MISHI » May 2nd, 2018, 10:13 pm

Starting the process of getting my old girl back on the road but trying to amass the funds and location of parts...

Who sells gates timing belts (156x29)
GMB water pump (GWM47A)
4G91 tensioner/ rocker cover / plug seals etc for em over there?

ray019
Street 2NR

Postby ray019 » May 3rd, 2018, 8:34 pm

Good day tunersi know it's 2018 but I recently did a 4g93t gdi swap in my cs3 lancer, got the car u and running but it goes into limp mode once it reaches about 4-5k rpm, the check light comes on as well. When I check the diagnostic tool it says p1224 TAC, I changed the throttle body but same issue, anyone could shed some.light on this? I'm currently rewiring the car as the original harness I got was chopped up, my mechanic had run new wires for the chopped wires so to eliminate any wiring issue i got a new non chopped harness.

P.s even when in limp mode n I put it in tiptronic I get full power albeit a lazy throttle response

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » May 3rd, 2018, 9:56 pm

I think you answered your issue right there. When the car is rewired with the new harness then troubleshoot from there.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » May 4th, 2018, 12:15 pm

If you had said the car had a lazy pull off and acting like it was stuck in 3rd gear,I would have had the answer to your problems. But the new harness should fix your issue

ray019
Street 2NR

Postby ray019 » May 9th, 2018, 10:32 am

Kronik wrote:If you had said the car had a lazy pull off and acting like it was stuck in 3rd gear,I would have had the answer to your problems. But the new harness should fix your issue

hey man the car is still rewiring but i would appreciate the knowledge.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » May 9th, 2018, 11:51 am

ray019 wrote:
Kronik wrote:If you had said the car had a lazy pull off and acting like it was stuck in 3rd gear,I would have had the answer to your problems. But the new harness should fix your issue

hey man the car is still rewiring but i would appreciate the knowledge.
The problem I had was the main connector on the transmission, some wires had to swap and one other sensor was positioned differently on the transmission so I had to lengthen the wire for that one to plug in. I compared it to the cut harness I got and figured it out like that

Hone026
Riding on 13's

Postby Hone026 » May 13th, 2018, 9:18 pm

Hi I have a 1997 GALANT GDI 4G93 ,issues at start up misfires and pre-igniting does not start up. stop have another go does not start ,wait then it fires as normal no issues and it does this all the time hot or cold, the car runs normal with no issues till you go to fire it up. sometimes it fires up normal and no issues, replaced top gasket set as oil was leaking in to spark plugs, changed spark plugs still no change. cheers for any help

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » May 14th, 2018, 7:07 am

Hone026 wrote:Hi I have a 1997 GALANT GDI 4G93 ,issues at start up misfires and pre-igniting does not start up. stop have another go does not start ,wait then it fires as normal no issues and it does this all the time hot or cold, the car runs normal with no issues till you go to fire it up. sometimes it fires up normal and no issues, replaced top gasket set as oil was leaking in to spark plugs, changed spark plugs still no change. cheers for any help
Do you crank and stop and then crank again? Or do you crank non stop until it starts?

Hone026
Riding on 13's

Postby Hone026 » May 14th, 2018, 5:26 pm

Kronik wrote:
Hone026 wrote:Hi I have a 1997 GALANT GDI 4G93 ,issues at start up misfires and pre-igniting does not start up. stop have another go does not start ,wait then it fires as normal no issues and it does this all the time hot or cold, the car runs normal with no issues till you go to fire it up. sometimes it fires up normal and no issues, replaced top gasket set as oil was leaking in to spark plugs, changed spark plugs still no change. cheers for any help
Do you crank and stop and then crank again? Or do you crank non stop until it starts?

did the crank and stop crank and stop , finally it starts with no issues ... tried the continual crank , it misfires and splutters and of course turn off key wait a few sec's and it starts normal. ? very frustrating and we dont have a mitsi mechanic near by anymore

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » May 14th, 2018, 8:08 pm

Hone026 wrote:
Kronik wrote:

did the crank and stop crank and stop , finally it starts with no issues ... tried the continual crank , it misfires and splutters and of course turn off key wait a few sec's and it starts normal. ? very frustrating and we dont have a mitsi mechanic near by anymore
I have that problem, I need to crank for a few seconds before it starts, that's too build fuel pressure in the line, the regulator is bad, and GDI fuel pressures are very high
Last edited by Kronik on May 14th, 2018, 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hone026
Riding on 13's

Postby Hone026 » May 25th, 2018, 7:06 pm

Hey dude fixed all my issue got a second hand fuel pump with a good pressure regulator on it no it cranks first turn so try that cheers

ray019
Street 2NR

Postby ray019 » May 28th, 2018, 2:45 pm

ray019 wrote:Good day tunersi know it's 2018 but I recently did a 4g93t gdi swap in my cs3 lancer, got the car u and running but it goes into limp mode once it reaches about 4-5k rpm, the check light comes on as well. When I check the diagnostic tool it says p1224 TAC, I changed the throttle body but same issue, anyone could shed some.light on this? I'm currently rewiring the car as the original harness I got was chopped up, my mechanic had run new wires for the chopped wires so to eliminate any wiring issue i got a new non chopped harness.

P.s even when in limp mode n I put it in tiptronic I get full power albeit a lazy throttle response

UPdate, so the rewire fixed my limp mode issue, i'm getting full power now car drives great. i'm getting 5lbs boost.
But i notice the car lets out alot of black smoke and the burns a ridiculous amount of gas even while cruising.
any recommendations on what i could check?

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » May 28th, 2018, 5:10 pm

ray019 wrote:
ray019 wrote:Good day tunersi know it's 2018 but I recently did a 4g93t gdi swap in my cs3 lancer, got the car u and running but it goes into limp mode once it reaches about 4-5k rpm, the check light comes on as well. When I check the diagnostic tool it says p1224 TAC, I changed the throttle body but same issue, anyone could shed some.light on this? I'm currently rewiring the car as the original harness I got was chopped up, my mechanic had run new wires for the chopped wires so to eliminate any wiring issue i got a new non chopped harness.

UPdate, so the rewire fixed my limp mode issue, i'm getting full power now car drives great. i'm getting 5lbs boost.
But i notice the car lets out alot of black smoke and the burns a ridiculous amount of gas even while cruising.
Yeah I getting that same problem, once you floor it, is smoke and terrible fuel economy

turbo_beast369
Riding on 18's

Postby turbo_beast369 » July 16th, 2018, 2:26 pm

Kronik wrote:
ray019 wrote:

Yeah I getting that same problem, once you floor it, is smoke and terrible fuel economy

Service your injectors and use premium gas

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » July 16th, 2018, 7:32 pm

turbo_beast369 wrote:
Kronik wrote:
ray019 wrote:

How do you service the GDI injectors?

turbo_beast369
Riding on 18's

Postby turbo_beast369 » July 17th, 2018, 12:38 pm

Kronik wrote:
turbo_beast369 wrote:
Kronik wrote:
ray019 wrote:

How do you service the GDI injectors?

Remove them & carry them by a shop that tests/cleans fuel injectors.

Chriztoph3r
Street 2NR

Postby Chriztoph3r » August 2nd, 2018, 11:50 am

Hey guys.
My radiator blow out last night on my, 4g93t.....its a cs5w ralliart lancer wagon... yall have any for sale here... Thanks... Could WhatsApp me @ 3296909

dylan
Riding on 13's

Postby dylan » October 31st, 2018, 12:12 pm

Good day mitsu fam
In need of a 4g93T GSR turbo
Any help will be greatly appreciated

matrixderoche
Riding on 13's

Postby matrixderoche » November 14th, 2018, 9:08 am

Did you get one as yet?

nicholasfabulous
Street 2NR

Postby nicholasfabulous » November 14th, 2018, 11:16 am

Would love to get my hands on one also these gdi so tiny lol

fras
Chronic 2NR

Postby fras » November 14th, 2018, 1:57 pm

not a direct swap, but subaru tdo4 is a good option!

BoostJunkieXL
Sweet on this forum

Postby BoostJunkieXL » December 7th, 2018, 11:04 am

fras wrote:not a direct swap, but subaru tdo4 is a good option!

i have a little td04HL if you're interested...

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » December 9th, 2018, 1:20 pm

What application it came from?

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » December 9th, 2018, 3:33 pm

BoostJunkieXL wrote:
fras wrote:not a direct swap, but subaru tdo4 is a good option!

i have a little td04HL if you're interested...
Td04hla19t?

BoostJunkieXL
Sweet on this forum

Postby BoostJunkieXL » December 10th, 2018, 10:53 am

i bought the turbo bout 3 years ago to do an upgrade when i had a gdi turbo in my lancer. i cant remember tbh but i can get a hold of it from the garage and let you know. i know its slightly bigger than the stock gdi turbo unit but smaller than tha airtrek unit.

kal3
Riding on 13's

Postby kal3 » February 10th, 2019, 12:32 pm

Guys,
Can parts from a 4g93 non turbo such as pistons and rods work in a 93t?

mrich88
Street 2NR

Postby mrich88 » February 10th, 2019, 4:45 pm

Why not use pistons and rods from a 93t?

kal3
Riding on 13's

Postby kal3 » February 10th, 2019, 8:14 pm

Where can i get the 93t parts? Difficult to source?

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » February 19th, 2019, 3:33 pm

mrich88 wrote:Why not use pistons and rods from a 93t?

Pistons, yeah, but the rods are common across all 4g93s whether turbo or not. Either way it's best to use upgraded pistons and rods from stock and done.

Parvin
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Parvin » March 10th, 2019, 10:33 am

mrich88 wrote:Why not use pistons and rods from a 93t?

Any idea where I could source some pistons?

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”