Forums

WTK:Unauthorized Lights?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: WTK:Unauthorized Lights?

Postby nissan4life » March 8th, 2018, 2:27 pm

printing and keeping in vehicle, cause some offiza go say he dont know nothing about that.
good update duane

grad
Sweet on this forum

Postby grad » March 8th, 2018, 2:41 pm

Great update! So what about all the tickets they issued for illegal oem foglights? Are we going to get a refund now?

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » March 8th, 2018, 3:57 pm

Must have documentation.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » March 10th, 2018, 8:26 am

I never got any letter from the firm for my vehicles. I should get tht?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 10th, 2018, 8:49 am

grad wrote:Great update! So what about all the tickets they issued for illegal oem foglights? Are we going to get a refund now?

while laws are not supposed to be retroactive, this situation reminds me of class action lawsuits. where LO inspected and certified the vehicle for use on the roads, then ttps/lo ticketing after. it seems that the misunderstanding was on their behalf, thus the tickets were unjust.

i cannot say if that can be acheived, but i think we SHOULD go down this road, cause it would show there is a consequence to having inconsistencies between law and application... especially when people time and money is involved.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 10th, 2018, 11:06 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Image

Sometimes mistaken for fog lights? All the fuseboxes have" fog lamps " printed on them . Even the owners manual has fog lamps.

Mercenary
Riding on 18's

Postby Mercenary » March 10th, 2018, 11:12 am

oem fog light and tint does rob an shoot ppl na...

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » March 10th, 2018, 11:38 am

posting here as well from another thread

thread >>> viewtopic.php?f=4&t=613452&start=240

renegade_wolf wrote:So my OEM light faulty or damage and I replace it with a tyc or any dot certified aftermarket one they go charge me for it?

in this instance i would like to believe once you replace said foglight with the same type / size and has the same or equivalent certification as the original you wont have any issues.

example your oem Nissan or oem Subaru / Mitsubishi lights break due to a vehicular accident.. you go and purchase depo brand and install it.

depo makes replacement lights - its NOT OEM from the manufacturer but its the same size /shape and carries the same or equivalent certification....and bolts up exactly as the original would...

so i would like to think this is ok.

problem would this would arise when ppl who put lights on their cars that are not specifically made for them....

seen some men put lancer fog lights - the 3 (or 5 ) inch round light on a bumper that not made for it...
modifyin bumper to fit and thing...and it ORGLEE AF...and blinding AF too....

this is a problem.

hydroep wrote:Mr. Richards' assumption is that most officers intelligent enough to know the difference between OEM and aftermarket lights. Methinks his faith may be slightly misplaced...:|

this may or may not be an issue.

as in my previous example where an OEM light was replaced by a depo... who going to check and spot the difference.??

the problem will lie however when fools want to put HID in their fog lights....

NO factory OEM equipment EVER put HID in a fog light... so there in lies an issue.

dont forget those who want red / blue / pink/ green / purple fogs....

hustla_ambition101 wrote:Before allyuh piggies get hard......you must have your letter from when your vehicle was registered

priggy already getting back normal - post hardness....

another issue is going to arise... some vehicles came LAFUP with fog lights... are still on our nations roads but passed thru 4-5 owners... you REALLY think they would still have this documentation .??

my car was local used....i was lucky to even get the paper showing me how the change the AC filter.... let alone that letter from L.O stating my car has fogs....

at the end of the day.... it comes down to what this tuner said.... >>>>>
pugboy wrote:well dealers already provide that letter so stevie wills letter is a moot point as many of his utterances usually are

another way this could work against the motorist is those who upgrade or retrofit their headlights to put altezza style / led lights / light bars in their headlights and seal it back up.

the only way those type of headlights could be used if the motorist could prove the manufacturer no longer makes the oem lamp and the alternate lamp from a OE source is of this type and there are no other oem spares around.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » March 10th, 2018, 5:14 pm

You know what they should ban tho

White LED's as indicators.
because

1.) Everyone's accustomed to seeing a yellow light
2.) Everyone's accustomed to that light blinking slowly

Standards exist for a reason. The amount of people I almost hit because I didn't see the white indicator next to their white headlights.

Style does kill.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » March 10th, 2018, 5:58 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:You know what they should ban tho

because

Standards exist for a reason. The amount of people I almost hit because I didn't see the white indicator next to their white headlights.

Style does kill.
This!

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » March 10th, 2018, 7:10 pm

because

Style does kill.

white indicators are illegal AFAIK...

you can have either
1. clear lens with a yellow / amber bulb

or

2. yellow / amber lens with a regular bulb.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » March 10th, 2018, 7:35 pm

^^Common frickin sense is lacking with the style crew. I also have had to dodge a few cars the tried to make a right turn across my path. Near-miss because I did not see the white LED indicators next to the HID lights

As we on lights, modified turn signals should be a stiff charge too (always on). These are also hard to distinguish when they are indicating

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » March 11th, 2018, 3:27 pm

Morpheus wrote:^^Common frickin sense is lacking with the style crew. I also have had to dodge a few cars the tried to make a right turn across my path. Near-miss because I did not see the white LED indicators next to the HID lights

As we on lights, modified turn signals should be a stiff charge too (always on). These are also hard to distinguish when they are indicating

common sense and style dont go hand in hand...came across a few of those white led tiidas "indicating" already

time to invest in a dash cam yes...

as you mentioned turn signals being always on... i know some ppl use a double contact bulb and socket in place of the original single contact bulb and socket...so the bulb lights up when park light is on...and blinks when the indicator is activated....

y11 wingorads - both ad and full feature models guilty of this...as well as countless other lancers....b14 with aftermarket lights too..... soo much cars out there do this .???

how do they actually stop it from blinking thou.??? remove the flasher unit from the car perhaps ???

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » March 11th, 2018, 3:32 pm

You answered your question there skylinechild it at least gave one way it can be done... Two circuits in a double filament bulb.... Wire one to the park light wire the other to the indication

The thing about hyper flash... If you not using LEDs in your indicator circuit... It is used to let you know that a bulb is blown

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » March 11th, 2018, 4:50 pm

kamakazi wrote:You answered your question there skylinechild it at least gave one way it can be done... Two circuits in a double filament bulb.... Wire one to the park light wire the other to the indication

The thing about hyper flash... If you not using LEDs in your indicator circuit... It is used to let you know that a bulb is blown

well thats the thing.... if it is as Morpheus said where ppl modify their lights to "always on".... and the mod is to include the park light and turn signal into one physical light via double contact bulb & socket...

Then the REAL issue is ppl just not using their indicator. !!!

cause if you turning and dont pull the turn signal lever.. the park light / combination light wont flash to indicate youre turning.

what other method they going to use to combine their park light & indicator into one lamp assembly and then make it not flash - if they dont pull the indicators to turn it on???

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » March 12th, 2018, 10:01 pm

I just think the Amber light being on any other time other than indicating should be illegal. I eh care how you wire it. That is distracting also......IMO

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » March 12th, 2018, 10:18 pm

Morpheus wrote:I just think the Amber light being on any other time other than indicating should be illegal. I eh care how you wire it. That is distracting also......IMO

some euro spec cars may have it like that... for areas with snow
with the park light on it still may not be clearly identified with those regular small bulb being lit in the headlight housing.

plus it may give a better approximation of vehicle width when covered by snow / if being driven thru snow.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » March 12th, 2018, 10:32 pm

Yes I agree for fog/snow, etc but normally they won't be amber I think? Not sure

grad
Sweet on this forum

Postby grad » March 12th, 2018, 10:49 pm

sMASH wrote:
grad wrote:Great update! So what about all the tickets they issued for illegal oem foglights? Are we going to get a refund now?

while laws are not supposed to be retroactive, this situation reminds me of class action lawsuits. where LO inspected and certified the vehicle for use on the roads, then ttps/lo ticketing after. it seems that the misunderstanding was on their behalf, thus the tickets were unjust.

i cannot say if that can be acheived, but i think we SHOULD go down this road, cause it would show there is a consequence to having inconsistencies between law and application... especially when people time and money is involved.
Exactly. The law has not been rewritten. It is the same law that a ticket was given unjustly in the past but clarification if the same old law is now in effect.

On the other side to this instance, we dont expect to get back money for a speeding ticket at 85kmph when the limit was 80 and now 100.

INHUMAN
Riding on 18's

Postby INHUMAN » March 13th, 2018, 12:41 am

because

Style does kill.

Rajs gonna raj

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » March 13th, 2018, 7:15 pm

Morpheus wrote:Yes I agree for fog/snow, etc but normally they won't be amber I think? Not sure

for fog /snow they supposed to be amber / yellow - whatever kelvin color that is. manufacturers tend to use those colors
an indicator made from nissan and one made from depo and one made from TYC will be 3 different shades of yellow / amber ( go figure)
( i kinda color bind eah so i does mix up yellow and amber blue and green etc )

theres a reason WHY fog lights are yellow and also coincidentally why they decided to make indicators yellow / amber too.

fog lights are that yellow in color to penetrate thru fog ( same reason why street lights are that color too )

it can also give the vehicle better visibility in snow or other inclement weather conditions. - its also easier to notice - which is why they made indicators yellow / amber too - easy to get noticed.

just here we have idiots who put white leds in everything.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » March 24th, 2018, 7:16 pm

Have to ask the question... Anyone pass inspection with white 5500k LEDs in front park lights.

Ronaldo95163
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ronaldo95163 » March 24th, 2018, 10:03 pm

I actually wanna replace my indicators with LEDs though. It does give a discrete blink rather than that ugly fading effect from the filament cool down. Plus it does look rel nice. Ofc with Amber LEDs though.

The reason why it does hyperflash is because people doesn't put the required parallel resistor. Once you have this the hyperflashing shouldnt be an issue.

Where I could get these Amber LEDs btw(T20)?

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » March 25th, 2018, 1:59 am

That hyper flashing is a good sign that you have a blown bulb.. If all your bulbs are filament type

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » March 26th, 2018, 12:21 am

i agree.

Mercenary
Riding on 18's

Postby Mercenary » March 26th, 2018, 12:15 pm

all dem halo and tube light aftermarket drl does look like crap anyway.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » March 26th, 2018, 1:10 pm

Mercenary wrote:all dem halo and tube light aftermarket drl does look like crap anyway.
Halo hanging in mid air lol

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » March 26th, 2018, 4:16 pm

They should start charging maxi men who have the reverse light wired up to the brakes or have it on all the time.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » March 26th, 2018, 6:42 pm

supercharged turbo wrote:They should start charging maxi men who have the reverse light wired up to the brakes or have it on all the time.
I really can't understand some people's logic/brains nah. Smh

Charge, no questions asked

Ibis Electronics
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Ibis Electronics » April 23rd, 2018, 1:43 pm

Short video with our LED bulbs installed in fog lights.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”