Forums

Car firewall?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Mercenary
Riding on 18's

Car firewall?

Postby Mercenary » February 25th, 2018, 10:50 am

What is ‘sweating’ out the firewall? Saw it here on tuner years ago but no explanation of what it is... shed some light nah alyuh...

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: Car firewall?

Postby nervewrecker » February 25th, 2018, 11:30 am

Usually unsweating means removing by melting the welds.
Not sure if it means removing by carefully cutting out in this instance.

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » February 25th, 2018, 11:44 am

Henry Ford saw the value of protecting lives when he invented the automotive firewall. It was born of necessity because if the motor catch fire the driver or passenger would be burned alive. Why would you ever want tamper with or remove such fire protections.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 25th, 2018, 12:14 pm

xtech wrote:Henry Ford saw the value of protecting lives when he invented the automotive firewall. It was born of necessity because if the motor catch fire the driver or passenger would be burned alive. Why would you ever want tamper with or remove such fire protections.

Dawg, this has nothing to do with Henry Ford and protection. This could merge with the "two cars with the same number " and the "buying a rights " threads.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 25th, 2018, 12:20 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Usually unsweating means removing by melting the welds.

Really it's removing the spot welds from the cowl panel with a spot weld removal or drill bit and putting in the cowl panel (with the chassis or VIN number) from a donor car that is already registered . Some men change the whole firewall so that the spot weld s remain intact.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » February 25th, 2018, 12:37 pm

rspann wrote:

Really it's removing the spot welds from the cowl panel with a spot weld removal or drill bit and putting in the cowl panel (with the chassis or VIN number) from a donor car that is already registered . Some men change the whole firewall so that the spot weld s remain intact.

thats how i know its done.... scrap the entire front of the car... removal of dash board and ting.... just to get to the firewall.... drill out remove the entire thing install into a donor car... and boom... done.

btw isnt this illegal .??? :lol: :lol:

and doh tell meh to ask dem ck to evo men eah....me eah want to get "duss out "

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » February 25th, 2018, 12:41 pm

Dem fellas is the offenders

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » February 25th, 2018, 12:50 pm

Dave wrote:Dem fellas is the offenders

:lol: :lol:
i ddnt say it eah....

but in dem case they also have to take the floor pan to if they wanna go AWD

sometimes they just happy with the firewall and the bodykit and the rear disc brake setup.

#instant mivec/evo

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » February 25th, 2018, 2:02 pm

Use a good PC protector for your car firewall bro

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 25th, 2018, 2:08 pm

skylinechild wrote:
rspann wrote:

thats how i know its done.... scrap the entire front of the car... removal of dash board and ting.... just to get to the firewall.... drill out remove the entire thing install into a donor car... and boom... done.

Wait wais the story behind this now?

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » February 25th, 2018, 2:13 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:
skylinechild wrote:
rspann wrote:

Wait wais the story behind this now?

it is alleged, that men who want to convert from Christianity to Judaism....from jewish to hindu.........and CK to evolution.....that they would go up valsayn where car parts are plentiful.. buy a "donor" car and disassemble it...disassemble theirs.... and swap the floorpan and / or firewall and other equipment to make their CK into an evolution....

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 25th, 2018, 2:18 pm

dang

but do you have to specify what type of lancer you have on gov't documents?

Or as long as they seeing "lancer" you good? Pretty cool exploitation of a loophole tho

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » February 25th, 2018, 2:33 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:dang

but do you have to specify what type of lancer you have on gov't documents?

Or as long as they seeing "lancer" you good? Pretty cool exploitation of a loophole tho

dan u cah be serious about life.... :lol:

that has been going on since Moses went down in he basket in the nile....

is Trinidad.... but licensing office has recently cracked down on this..

so if you WERE to do such a conversion... MOST you could do is swap over your floor pan and such convert it to AWD and simply go L.O and do a change of engine from whatever the CK originally came with to the evo 4G63 and done.

soo it will be legit but your papers will still have it say CK lancer with a 4G63 and AWD.
and of course the firewall will be the same - with the same CK chassis # stamped on it.

the trend now is to simply buy the bodykit from the evo ....buy a mivec equipped engine -4g92 etc - buy the rear disc brake assembly.....swap it onto a CK....paint it in the standard evo colors...and ppl feel they have an evo....

doing it this way you dont need a floor pan... nor 4G63.... nor any sort of lengthy work..just a simple engine swap - and $20 fee in L.O...and thats it.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 25th, 2018, 2:53 pm

I still lunnin bout car, ease me nah :oops: :lol:

Thanks for the info tho

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 25th, 2018, 2:53 pm

S13 with b13 rights too

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 25th, 2018, 2:58 pm

Is how dey does drill out the firewall from the forty ft trailers and weld dem on on the RX7 and dem? 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 25th, 2018, 3:26 pm

Well i didnt know about that one lol
I know about evo with lancer plate, s13 with b13 plate and not sure about subaru. Subaru would be the easiest imo

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » February 25th, 2018, 6:18 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Well i didnt know about that one lol
I know about evo with lancer plate, s13 with b13 plate and not sure about subaru. Subaru would be the easiest imo

subaru would be the same nerve....

all those regular impreza - yes its a boxer engine but its NOT AWD... its FWD.

so to convert normal subaru to STi same applies.... donor STi car to harvest parts from.

scrap both normal and donor STi car..... undo floorpan.... swap over floor pan and other ancillary stuff.... swap out & bolt up everything from Sti onto the normal car leaving the donor car with just a shell and other stuff removed from the original car...

most times the remainder of the STi shell - and excess parts like brakes and suspension etc ( the remainder of the parts that come out from the normal car) is sold dirt cheap...men who have a regular impreza will want a rotor or sensor or whatever...

the shell is sold for those who will want a apron or whatever... firewall with the chassis # is drilled out of the shell & kept to ensure no one else can use it..

as i said ...rest can be disposed of as necessary.

black start
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby black start » February 25th, 2018, 6:25 pm

^nah most of the older subaru fwd could convert to awd once you have all the parts...everything bolt in

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 25th, 2018, 8:52 pm

Its bolt on but if a whole sti is landed and cant register its cheaper to take rights from an impreza and slap it on.
Impreza are awd and fwd btw

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » February 25th, 2018, 9:04 pm

black start wrote:^nah most of the older subaru fwd could convert to awd once you have all the parts...everything bolt in

you sure you don have to change floor pan and thing..??

i know some of them you hadda go thru all that but once done - once you get all the required parts... you good to go...

nervewrecker wrote:Its bolt on but if a whole sti is landed and cant register its cheaper to take rights from an impreza and slap it on.
Impreza are awd and fwd btw

and this is where the legality starts - you not supposed to tamper with your firewall once it registered and plate assigned to said vehicle. you cant remove the entire firewall with chassis # and place it on the sport car (Sti)..... them CK to evo men thats how they get catch....

however you cud do the other way you could tamper with the donor all you like.... cause it not registered...

so as black start said.... swap over every damn thing.... :lol:

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 25th, 2018, 9:07 pm

Not sure if later models have it but mine has the numbers stamped under the windscreen too.
Would be a bit hard to change that. But anything possible out here yes.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » February 25th, 2018, 9:19 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Not sure if later models have it but mine has the numbers stamped under the windscreen too.

once it stamped onto metal nerve they can drill out the spot welds and work to suit.

but as i said... they cant tamper with the registered car as it already has a # plate assigned to it from L.O but they can disassemble the donor STI and swap over everything onto their registered car.

evo men used to move brutal and want to swap over their entire firewall with their chassis # onto the donor car - and simply affix their number plate to it thereby making it look like the "donor" car is the legit car.

when they go L.O to do change of engine and the officers see the firewall was tampered with....car get impounded easy.

but is really up to the car owner eah...

swap out your firewall onto donor car to get race car
or swap out all parts from donor car onto your car to get race car.

choice is yours :lol: :lol:

ohh and it is alleged eah.... me eah hav no court clothes.... :lol:

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 25th, 2018, 9:39 pm

Chassis is different in them afaik.
Lancer cant be an evo and vice versa..
Same with impreza and wrx / sti
You have to swap firewall, cant swap parts to be legit..

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » February 25th, 2018, 10:35 pm

Heard about mythical bodyshops that can execute that firewall operation better than a brain surgeon.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » February 26th, 2018, 1:15 am

nervewrecker wrote:Chassis is different in them afaik.
Lancer cant be an evo and vice versa..
Same with impreza and wrx / sti
You have to swap firewall, cant swap parts to be legit..

Correct ...lancer cant be evo and impreza cant be wrx /STi..... chassis # different as well as frame itself.
but who said anything about being legit......?? :lol:

if you want a legit thing.... then yea... you have to swap firewall BUT....Any tampering found of said firewall will result in car being impounded....

which is easier...

swap your firewall onto sports car and risk getting car impounded / arrested & charged - all in the name of "legit"
and it still wont be legit cause you will have to go L.O to do change of engine once under the pit they will inspect and any funny business they will impound you

or swap parts from race car and whatever else onto your car... with NO risk of being impounded / arrested / charged etc. but it wont be "legit"... doing it this way ensures no funny business as there will be no tampering of firewall..go over L.O pit to do change of engine will be a breeze.

but as i said... your choice.. :lol:

VexXx Dogg wrote:Heard about mythical bodyshops that can execute that firewall operation better than a brain surgeon.

Heard of the same mythical bodyshops too but to the best of my knowledge is alot of scrapping and removal and stuff and tbh...trini men not that patient....

engine brakes booster brake hard lines etc all has to come out - essentially anything that bolted to the firewall - on both sides has to be removed.

alot of work for "legit" and as i said.... trini bodyshops rel impatient.

IT CAN be done... not saying it cant.... but who going thru all that...???

think of it this way... how was it done at the factory in the first instance when the car was being built. ??? :lol: :lol:

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » February 26th, 2018, 1:57 am

skylinechild wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:Not sure if later models have it but mine has the numbers stamped under the windscreen too.

once it stamped onto metal nerve they can drill out the spot welds and work to suit.

but as i said... they cant tamper with the registered car as it already has a # plate assigned to it from L.O but they can disassemble the donor STI and swap over everything onto their registered car.

evo men used to move brutal and want to swap over their entire firewall with their chassis # onto the donor car - and simply affix their number plate to it thereby making it look like the "donor" car is the legit car.

when they go L.O to do change of engine and the officers see the firewall was tampered with....car get impounded easy.

So how would they determine a tampering if only the upper cowl panel has been replaced?

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » February 26th, 2018, 2:23 am

MISHI wrote:
skylinechild wrote:

So how would they determine a tampering if only the upper cowl panel has been replaced?

Go ask the occifers in L.O that, not me... :lol:

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » February 26th, 2018, 2:36 am

LOL I say that because it would be hard to do if say they decide to paint the whole car in and out.

There's a guy on FB who recently did a floor conversion of a CK with an evo 5 donor... everything scrapped out and the car repainted red.

Now he did it the long and legal way by the floor pan swap, but what's to stop em from knowing had he done just that upper panel swap and they repainted the entire car from below and above?

I suppose once the work is done to complete detail there will be people who will get away.

I myself want to do the floor swap on my CB and go AWD for the 93T I have in it now... but was even thinking to just get an unreg donor evo just for all the power amenities (and less rotten panels ) and put over to mine.

But I wish we had laws where it came to de-registering/ re-registering cars to numbers. Once proper setups put in place it could have worked. And may have brought more income too when you think of it.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » February 26th, 2018, 5:20 am

MISHI wrote:LOL I say that because it would be hard to do if say they decide to paint the whole car in and out.

There's a guy on FB who recently did a floor conversion of a CK with an evo 5 donor... everything scrapped out and the car repainted red.

Now he did it the long and legal way by the floor pan swap, but what's to stop em from knowing had he done just that upper panel swap and they repainted the entire car from below and above?

I suppose once the work is done to complete detail there will be people who will get away.

I myself want to do the floor swap on my CB and go AWD for the 93T I have in it now... but was even thinking to just get an unreg donor evo just for all the power amenities (and less rotten panels ) and put over to mine.

But I wish we had laws where it came to de-registering/ re-registering cars to numbers. Once proper setups put in place it could have worked. And may have brought more income too when you think of it.

thats the way i know it too.... disassemble donor car and put performance parts from donor car onto your car without tampering with the firewall / chassis #

is alot more work to scrap and do it like this but its the LEGAL way..IMHO, as the car will still be registered as a ck or whatever.
all u need to do is do change of engine and notify ur insurance and thats it.

the law makers here not up to parr with making laws more current they still arguing about who fault it is about everything
we still dont have tint laws fog light laws etc

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”