TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Anyone ever shipped a Bicycle with a Skybox? if so what price?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: Anyone ever shipped a Bicycle with a Skybox? if so what price?

Postby skylinechild » November 7th, 2017, 11:33 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:
*$kїđž!™ wrote:
Btw what does a hybrid bicycle do.....what makes it a hybrid..

electric motor assist.

so in other words OP just as lazy as watson duke ...claiming to swim wen in reality you jus there for the ride...

OP look into bicycles with a CVT transmission.

easier than normal chain and sprocket and alot easier to ride.....unless you also fraid CVT technology.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » November 8th, 2017, 6:57 am

skylinechild wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:
*$kїđž![emoji769] wrote:
Btw what does a hybrid bicycle do.....what makes it a hybrid..

electric motor assist.

so in other words OP just as lazy as watson duke ...claiming to swim wen in reality you jus there for the ride...

OP look into bicycles with a CVT transmission.

easier than normal chain and sprocket and alot easier to ride.....unless you also fraid CVT technology.

No, I made a mistake. Hybrid is part road bike part mtb

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 9th, 2017, 5:29 pm

WTF how am I lazy for wanting a Hybrid bike? lol

Here is a video of a Hybrid for urban environments this is why Hybrids were made, its more durable than a roadbike can carry more load, take more abuse but is safe for city/urban use. Mountain bikes are dangerous for urban/city use especially on wet roads most places have laws against using dirt tires for asphalt.

Hybrid bikes are not the same as E-Bikes

-Roach-
12 pounds of Boost

Postby -Roach- » November 9th, 2017, 6:11 pm

I ordered a Dora trike for my daughter and the shipping cost more than the actual item... Smh... :\

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » November 9th, 2017, 6:55 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:WTF how am I lazy for wanting a Hybrid bike? lol

Here is a video of a Hybrid for urban environments this is why Hybrids were made, its more durable than a roadbike can carry more load, take more abuse but is safe for city/urban use. Mountain bikes are dangerous for urban/city use especially on wet roads most places have laws against using dirt tires for asphalt.

you still as hard headed and stubborn as your unc neighbor....best u go plant coconuts in truth yes....

dude...go look up bicycles with CVT transmissions.... no chain and sprockets....easier to ride and guess what... its just literally ONE belt that you change every 3 yrs.....

you can get a decent bike for city use or casual riding and with modern conveniences like disc brakes and shock suspension and stuff on it....

with the CVT transmission you dont have to worry about changing gears to suit terrain..the bike does everything for you...plus no added stress of chain slip- spending a good 1/2 hr tryin to rerun the chain thru the system....

but what do i know....i'm not a bike aficionado nor do i ride bikes.....i'm just imparting what little knowledge i have......

but never mind me.....go forth...plant your coconuts....

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » November 9th, 2017, 7:22 pm

Here is a video of a Hybrid for urban environments this is why Hybrids were made, its more durable than a roadbike can carry more load, take more abuse but is safe for city/urban use

How and why??

. Mountain bikes are dangerous for urban/city use especially on wet roads most places have laws against using dirt tires for asphalt.

Like where?

skylinechild wrote:

you still as hard headed and stubborn as your unc neighbor....best u go plant coconuts in truth yes....

dude...go look up bicycles with CVT transmissions.... no chain and sprockets....easier to ride and guess what... its just literally ONE belt that you change every 3 yrs.....

Traditional derailleurs are still better. it's not that hard to change gears for yourself, it becomes second nature and there are issues with CVT transmissions on bikes IIRC. Also If you are worried about the chain getting you dirty, buy a chain guard

you can get a decent bike for city use or casual riding and with modern conveniences like disc brakes and shock suspension and stuff on it....

Again, not a must. My rim brakes are two years old and they have plenty of life left and can stop my bike on a dime. BTW I only ride on flat roads.

with the CVT transmission you dont have to worry about changing gears to suit terrain..the bike does everything for you...plus no added stress of chain slip- spending a good 1/2 hr tryin to rerun the chain thru the system....

that takes like 2 minutes to do if that happens. If it slips your derailleurs probably need to adjust

but what do i know....i'm not a bike aficionado nor do i ride bikes.....i'm just imparting what little knowledge i have......

but never mind me.....go forth...plant your coconuts....

4kin4kar
Sweet on this forum

Postby 4kin4kar » November 9th, 2017, 7:40 pm

6500 landed by air. Message me if you interested.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 9th, 2017, 9:20 pm

Hoss me eh know what madness you talking about nah.

All them bikes with CVT transmission is sh!t, the wheels is cheap sh!t etc. Cheap crap rims etc
The bikes heavy and UGLY there is a reason them thing not popular. The CVT gives problems, they are VERY EXPENSIVE and they break down. Its $350 US just to replace that Hub if something goes wrong.

The selections and variety of bikes with this transmission is complete ass. You can hardly find anybody even making these bikes with CVT, Bikes don't need this plain and simple which is why it never caught on.

Shocks / suspension is ass, urban bikes do NOT need that, it adds unnecessary weight, does nothing but slow you down, that is for offroad. Disk brake is ass, it does nothing but add unnecessary weight and is NOT needed on roadbikes which is why Tour de France roadbikes do not use that disk brake nonsense. It is a marketing fad, it is nonsense. Disk Brakes are only useful for Mountain Bikes on actual mountains and trails because how it is designed allows you to stop even if the bike is covered in mud.

Traditional chain and derailleur is superior simply because it costs a fraction of the price to replace or fix. A decent setup like a Shimano Ultegra runs just as smooth.

The money you will waste on this CVT bike you can actually get a real Carbon bike for that price

This has been on my list a long time now, the money I would waste on that useless CVT bike I could get this Kestrel
notice this doesn't have nonsense disk brakes even though the price is $1500 USD

This using traditional Shimano Ultegra Vbrake that stopping on a dime without breaking a sweat.

https://www.amazon.com/Kestrel-RT-1000- ... th=1&psc=1

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 9th, 2017, 9:45 pm

All them fancy sh!t you seeing on bikes these days are unnecessary and adds unnecessary complexity, weight and extra maintenance cost on what is supposed to be a bicycle, a device that was made to be simple and cheap to maintain. It defeats the whole purpose of a bicycle, the only reason it is added is to keep up with the latest marketing standards where the uninformed consumer doesn't know any better.

You don't really shift gears often on a bike either, the argument of needing CVT because traditional derailleurs can't change gears stand still is just idiotic, first of all on a bike when you come to a stop and you forgot to gear down what you do is you stand up and use your body weight and gravity to pull off on a harder gear, this is what makes a bicycle unique to a automobile and why CVT is unnecessary and pointless on a bike.

Silver chains on a chrome Cassettes / Sprocket is also sexier than the ugly belt on the CVT bikes.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 9th, 2017, 9:53 pm

Man ah roll out bicycle bike

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » November 10th, 2017, 3:33 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Hoss me eh know what madness you talking about nah.

All them bikes with CVT transmission is sh!t, the wheels is cheap sh!t etc. Cheap crap rims etc
The bikes heavy and UGLY there is a reason them thing not popular. The CVT gives problems, they are VERY EXPENSIVE and they break down. Its $350 US just to replace that Hub if something goes wrong.

The selections and variety of bikes with this transmission is complete ass. You can hardly find anybody even making these bikes with CVT, Bikes don't need this plain and simple which is why it never caught on.

Shocks / suspension is ass, urban bikes do NOT need that, it adds unnecessary weight, does nothing but slow you down, that is for offroad. Disk brake is ass, it does nothing but add unnecessary weight and is NOT needed on roadbikes which is why Tour de France roadbikes do not use that disk brake nonsense. It is a marketing fad, it is nonsense. Disk Brakes are only useful for Mountain Bikes on actual mountains and trails because how it is designed allows you to stop even if the bike is covered in mud.

Traditional chain and derailleur is superior simply because it costs a fraction of the price to replace or fix. A decent setup like a Shimano Ultegra runs just as smooth.

The money you will waste on this CVT bike you can actually get a real Carbon bike for that price

This has been on my list a long time now, the money I would waste on that useless CVT bike I could get this Kestrel
notice this doesn't have nonsense disk brakes even though the price is $1500 USD

This using traditional Shimano Ultegra Vbrake that stopping on a dime without breaking a sweat.

https://www.amazon.com/Kestrel-RT-1000- ... th=1&psc=1

All them fancy sh!t you seeing on bikes these days are unnecessary and adds unnecessary complexity, weight and extra maintenance cost on what is supposed to be a bicycle, a device that was made to be simple and cheap to maintain. It defeats the whole purpose of a bicycle, the only reason it is added is to keep up with the latest marketing standards where the uninformed consumer doesn't know any better.

You don't really shift gears often on a bike either, the argument of needing CVT because traditional derailleurs can't change gears stand still is just idiotic, first of all on a bike when you come to a stop and you forgot to gear down what you do is you stand up and use your body weight and gravity to pull off on a harder gear, this is what makes a bicycle unique to a automobile and why CVT is unnecessary and pointless on a bike.

Silver chains on a chrome Cassettes / Sprocket is also sexier than the ugly belt on the CVT bikes.

all that bruh... dont get your panties in a twist... you may need some midol soon.....

who told u CVT bikes not popular...who told you they break down --who told you it never caught on???
just cause YOU never see one locally and watch a random youtube video showing a CVT failure??
you pulling stats out your ass again???

granted YOU may find it not aesthetically appealing....thats a matter of opinion.. - side note - many ppl think the evo dashboard design is sh!t and many think the evo dash board looks awesome....so its a matter of personal opinion.....

but say what.....but do as you want you money u spending...

i keep forgetting who i talking to...why bother arguing.......

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » November 10th, 2017, 4:28 am

Ed what sheit you talking about
you living in the bush no city roads there stick with a mountain bike :D
and you sure whit dis gov if imbert could have he would have come and dig up the road to ensure the population suffer

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 10th, 2017, 8:16 am

hong kong phooey wrote:Ed what sheit you talking about
and you sure whit dis gov if imbert could have he would have come and dig up the road to ensure the population suffer

Da is true eh them stop fixing pot hole in this country with the rate imbutt going everybody go really need dual suspension mountain bikes

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » November 10th, 2017, 8:37 am

IDK if CVT bikes popular or not, but ED spot on with the maintenance stuff. all these extra marketing features make a bike harder to repair not to mention takes away some of the joys of riding.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » November 10th, 2017, 4:01 pm

ismithx wrote:IDK if CVT bikes popular or not, but ED spot on with the maintenance stuff. all these extra marketing features make a bike harder to repair not to mention takes away some of the joys of riding.

what extra marketing features...disc brakes.....???? shock suspension.???

those things can be added on IF necessary and are not mandatory.
you cud buy a regular bike without all those things.....

seems like the issue here is CVT or not CVT...

take a read - granted Ed may not like cause it not fox news approved...but here it is.

https://gizmodo.com/how-a-bike-with-inf ... 1791941295

https://gizmodo.com/how-priority-bicycl ... 1604902566

Ed is your $$ you spending bruh....

foots
3NE 2NR for life

Postby foots » November 10th, 2017, 9:28 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:^^ Actually no those electric motors are called E-Bikes, when it comes to bikes a Hybrid bike is actually a cross between a roadbike and a mountain bike.

If you look at the first picture posted of the blue diamond back that is a pavement city Hybrid bike, it uses mountain bike frame, handle etc. However it uses a roadbike fork and a tire that has grips for asphalt, it is wide enough to be more durable and strong for pavements etc something a roadbike does not have, yet at the same time it is NOT wide enough to be a mountain bike tire, so this tire rolls much better on Asphalt. It also comes with tons of reflective parts that lights up when cars are approaching. Its the perfect bike for commuting.

Mountain bike tires are fatter and has stubby grips which makes it dangerous for wet asphalt, and it is wide that it kinda slows you down.

Then there is the second pics I posted of the pure cycle brand, those are a flat bar roadbike hybrid, it has handles of a mountain bike but frame and tires and rims of an actual roadbike. It is not a true hybrid but its more comfortable and practical than a drop bar roadbike for doing things such as buying food, grocery etc which is what I use my bike for. Its also super light for me to carry up the stairs compared to a mountain bike. Not leaving it in the garage since they stole my last bike.

In any event these bikes are way too expensive to buy online only due to shipping and Duty I had no idea they charged DUTY on bikes that is so ridiculous, I went into Bike Inn Tunapuna today and i saw they have Fuji Nevada 1.9 mountain bikes. So honestly I might just buy this, its a nice bike with matte black finish and disk brakes. I think for my short commuting to do stuff this should work fine its $3000 TT though its 6 pounds heavier than the hybrid but small thing I guess.

Hey, i was trying to get d ideal bike for commuting as well. An old MTB with thinner tires on the original rims dus make a good ratch, plus the stronger heavier rims are more fun when you come up on an undodgeable pothole. Check Geronimo's, he sells 1.5" wide tires with minimal treads, you can put those on a mountain bike and it will make it feel a lil bit quicker. And you can also put a rigid fork if you can get one, will make the bike a bit lighter....or you can neglect to maintain your front shock and let it seize up.....das a cheap way to get a rigid fork, no more springyness to soak up your pedalling energy . The 1.5" tires soak up all the road bumps anyways so suspension probably not necessary. If you carrying stuff and running errands though, the 6lb difference might never be felt. How you plan on carrying groceries an ting on d bike though? U gonna use a rack? throw everything in a backpack?

But if u still interested in getting one online, you can try getting a used one on ebay and bring it down via seabox. Saw a pardner get a real nice carbon mtb at a real bargain price jus using ebay. I think he mighta paid about 600 to ship it down thru tropical express though.

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » November 11th, 2017, 12:38 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
hong kong phooey wrote:Ed what sheit you talking about

Da is true eh them stop fixing pot hole in this country with the rate imbutt going everybody go really need dual suspension mountain bikes

OH god oye . Ed you spending to much time with your unc neighbour . ah nearly take you for a unc supporter

aaronb27
Street 2NR

Postby aaronb27 » November 11th, 2017, 8:41 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
olton wrote:Check seaboxtt.com

hmm was really looking for someone who has shipped a bike via a regular skybox so I could get an average price of how much the shipping and vat would be. Cause I don't have the dimensions of the box, someone who has shipped a bike already would have the total price of shipping.

I would prefer to continue to use transexpress skybox as I have been using them for years now and never an issue. Also a bike is fragile so I want it quick through the air.

Also I assume Bikes have no duty? only vat?

bicycles are 20% duty+vat unless its a racing cycle then it will be vat alone

the weight/dimension charge alone to ship a bike will be alot

its safer to ship by air than sea...dem men does be throwing stuff in container without any regard for what it is an if it go damage

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 11th, 2017, 9:45 am

ismithx wrote:IDK if CVT bikes popular or not, but ED spot on with the maintenance stuff. all these extra marketing features make a bike harder to repair not to mention takes away some of the joys of riding.

You are correct, infact this is the reason that Fixed Gear bikes are so popular it's even less maintenance, you don't need a bike mechanic to fix that as a matter of fact since it has no derailleurs, no handle brake etc it is actually the ideal bicycle. You stop on that by stopping the pedal from moving which locks the back wheel

As a matter of fact the fixies are so practical that you can ride it and stop it even if you are missing a leg as can be seen in this video so you tell me, a man with 1 leg riding a single speed fixie and stopping it but we complaining about manual gears vs CVT on bikes? shocks and disk brakes? its all marketing rubbish.

Nobody winning Tour De France is using disk brakes etc and those bikes cost all kinda $12,000 USD etc

Commuters using fixies with no gears or brake levers with missing legs and it works just fine.

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/bike ... es/c/B532/

One of the amazing things about a fixie or a bike with far less complex parts, is that you get far better quality components. The fewer components a bike has the higher quality those components will be for the given price.
Its also much lighter than a bike with gears. Me personally I still prefer gears eh but it is not needed on a bike.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 11th, 2017, 11:17 am

:mrgreen:

dean_spleen09
Riding on 17's

Postby dean_spleen09 » November 11th, 2017, 3:18 pm

so u buying a next bike for them to thief :-?

:|

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 11th, 2017, 4:27 pm

dean_spleen09 wrote:so u buying a next bike for them to thief :-?

:|

Well I will have to carry it upstairs from now on, to get the bike they will have to come through me and a machete.

I used to bring the other bike upstairs but it got old, dirty, hub and axle broke spokes broke the saddle was totally destroyed, gears stopped changing. I didn't expect anybody to come and thief a bike in that condition. And with bolt cutter of all things they even destroyed my PNM Neighbor fence in the process to reach me.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » November 13th, 2017, 9:43 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

You are correct, infact this is the reason that Fixed Gear bikes are so popular it's even less maintenance, you don't need a bike mechanic to fix that as a matter of fact since it has no derailleurs, no handle brake etc it is actually the ideal bicycle. You stop on that by stopping the pedal from moving which locks the back wheel

As a matter of fact the fixies are so practical that you can ride it and stop it even if you are missing a leg as can be seen in this video so you tell me, a man with 1 leg riding a single speed fixie and stopping it but we complaining about manual gears vs CVT on bikes? shocks and disk brakes? its all marketing rubbish.

Nobody winning Tour De France is using disk brakes etc and those bikes cost all kinda $12,000 USD etc

Commuters using fixies with no gears or brake levers with missing legs and it works just fine.

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/bike ... es/c/B532/

One of the amazing things about a fixie or a bike with far less complex parts, is that you get far better quality components. The fewer components a bike has the higher quality those components will be for the given price.
Its also much lighter than a bike with gears. Me personally I still prefer gears eh but it is not needed on a bike.

Sharing some of my experience on the road. Granted I'm a fat (6 foot, 195lb) 35 year old with an above average fitness/endurance level.

This is my first quality bike - a specialized pitch comp. Growing up I used to ride bmx and a couple el cheapo mtb with normal rim brake and no-name components that failed all the time - so my rides were short. like under 10kms short.

Now, I don't even ride great distances compared with the hardcore roadies.

I'm on a MTB and take up to 4 hour cross country rides around 70km total distance, with most of it on some dread hills.

With a fixed gearset you'll have to be a beast with hulk-like quads and WMD spec calves to tackle hills in the central range; far less for the northern range.

The bike I have is not a hybrid, but has really good gearing for road and trail.

I can appreciate the quality of well made components now - especially on long rides. My disadvantage is that I'm on MTB spec wheels and tyres which have higher rolling resistance when I'm on the road. I appreciate the meat and suspension when I'm on really bad terrain though.

On front suspension:
Riding downhill at 40-50km/h on an unpaved road with landslips (The entire Mayo road) with no front suspension at least means you'll either damage rim or firetruck up your wrists. I made the mistake of going down some of them with fork on lockout and my wrists, shoulders and elbows are still sore.

On brakes:
The difference between hydro disks and vpull is finger fatigue. Mechanical disk is marginally better than vpull. Hydraulic brakes are consistent and don't suffer from friction on long rides. It's like power assist vs manual steering.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » November 13th, 2017, 9:44 am

I forgot my lesson.
Get the best bike you can afford and ride the firetruck outta it.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 13th, 2017, 9:51 am

^^But 6" 195lbs is not fat though

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » November 13th, 2017, 10:14 am

Dizzy28 wrote:^^But 6" 195lbs is not fat though

Somebody should tell that to me belly

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 13th, 2017, 1:03 pm

damn you actually in good shape I am 5 foot and 11 inches but weigh 250 pounds. lol So I am what you call fat

But you right fixed gear on hills you have to be a beast to pedal that, I like my manual gear shifting so I going with the Fuji I will buy road tires for it on Amazon and just swap it out

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 2nd, 2017, 7:46 pm

Bought the bike today in Bike Inn. I ride it home from Tunapuna, my knees hurt after that one yes cause I had to pedal hard since that seat feel like sitting on a rock yes. But not gonna lie this bike is VERY beautiful looking, got it for $3K and paid an additional $100 for the lock cable.

This bike is way better than the Giant Revel 3 that the UNC criminal did steal from me last month. I just need to buy a new saddle for it from Amazon a nice padded one for the extra large humans.

When I see them pull out that box from the back and start to unbox the bike I say YIKES!!!! good thing I didnt order this from Amazon. lol my credit card would ah hit the limit when time to ship yes. If you see that thing big like a 70 inch TV box package.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » December 2nd, 2017, 7:50 pm

Yep. Bought a fat tyre bike from pricesmart 2 days ago. Box was huge just like you said. Waiting for Christmas Day to assemble it. Would have cost me more to order and ship it.
Need to buy 1 more from bikeinn but smaller.

blacklight
Sweet on this forum

Postby blacklight » December 2nd, 2017, 7:52 pm

car wrote:Yep. Bought a fat tyre bike from pricesmart 2 days ago. Box was huge just like you said. Waiting for Christmas Day to assemble it. Would have cost me more to order and ship it.
Need to buy 1 more from bikeinn but smaller.

Hope you hit one or two trails with those plus tyres!

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”