Forums

New Motor Vehicle Road Traffic Act

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ras_elmo
3NE 2NR for life

Re: New Motor Vehicle Road Traffic Act

Postby ras_elmo » March 25th, 2014, 12:03 pm

^..especially seeing as they come standard in the vehicles currently.
Man go hadda hire riddim section and tassa side to keep passengers entertained on long @ss rides or have a permanent "passenger" playing music.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » March 25th, 2014, 12:06 pm

I agree at least radio should be allowed. But I think the problem is enforcement. Give Trinis a inch they will take a mile. Allowing radio will open the gates for all the other excesses. Ban all and done.

UML

Postby UML » March 25th, 2014, 12:08 pm

j.o.e wrote:
wagon r wrote:..that maxi thing is torture....them MPs should sit in bus with all them restrictions and go south on a normal day @ 5pm...!

I don't travel but i think it might be a good idea to avoid abuses. If u need entertainment you have headphones, ipod etc for your personal use.

^^agreed

maxis provide transport...not entertainment!!!

when u in a subway train in the US what do you hear?

but u conform nicely.

wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Location: ......takin it easy on the road we call "Life".....

Postby wagon r » March 25th, 2014, 1:23 pm

...subway aint stuck on the highway in 2hr traffic...bess we ban entertainment of all types in all modes of transport.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » March 25th, 2014, 1:26 pm

that rule regarding maxis is asinine at best, any halfway decent lawyer would fight that successfully

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » March 25th, 2014, 1:45 pm

What's so wrong with it? Almost every phone nowadays has an FM radio in it, you get a pair of headphones, put em on and listen to what you want.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » March 25th, 2014, 1:58 pm

pete wrote:What's so wrong with it? Almost every phone nowadays has an FM radio in it, you get a pair of headphones, put em on and listen to what you want.

you really do get a better functioning society by isolating individuals

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » March 25th, 2014, 2:18 pm

Probably get a better one than having people listen to Rachel Price in the morning, or whatever the driver feels to subject the people in the maxi to.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » March 25th, 2014, 2:32 pm

under the current legislation a maxis entitled to a radio and 2 speakers in small maxis and 4 in a large maxi with specific wattage, now they want to remove that? Utter backward thinking with no foresight whatsoever . When that legislation was enacted it was to combat the loud maxi music at the time what's the excuse now?

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » March 25th, 2014, 3:29 pm

If that's the biggest problem with the act this is damn good legislation. Trinis beat up for all the unimportant sheit.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 25th, 2014, 3:43 pm

eliteauto wrote:under the current legislation a maxis entitled to a radio and 2 speakers in small maxis and 4 in a large maxi with specific wattage, now they want to remove that? Utter backward thinking with no foresight whatsoever . When that legislation was enacted it was to combat the loud maxi music at the time what's the excuse now?

yeah- i doh mine a lil music once it not too loud like it used to be a decade ago when maxis was mobile discos :roll:

and to hear news too- so dey want to ban radio completely? go be a real boring 50 min ride frim POS to Arima now :(

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 25th, 2014, 4:16 pm

cacasplat3 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:u know what i feel it should include is graduating driving permits - so that e.g. someone who has a permit for less than 1 or 2 yrs would have certain restrictions like no driving at night on the highway or lower BAC level of alcohol in their system

the alcohol part i agree with, the other part i don't.....it just postpones the period at which they will be new to driving at night or highway etc.....

i would think that 20% visual light transmission should be good for the tint....after all we live in a tropical country....i hope they don't follow the law of some american states where its as light as 70%

as for antiques.....*rubs hands* Hakosuka GTR* :lol:

well what we have now is that they new to ANY type of driving- they go from only driving while taking driving lessons to being able to drive ALONE AT NIGHT on HIGHWAYS

we should have for instance only supervised driving up to say 9pm (speed limit 65 on highway) BAC level 20 mcg which would give them some experience with night driving without them being out alone, giving them more time to consume alcohol, become sleepy then drive at 3 AM, etc.

as for the tint- 20% is kinda dark- as a reference most US states it's above that- u have to consider the reason for the law (e.g.-i believe officers need to see inside the vehicle for weapons, perhaps for their own safety)
tint law US1.png

tint law US2.png

http://tintlaws.com/
Last edited by redmanjp on March 25th, 2014, 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » March 25th, 2014, 4:28 pm

California - 70% Front Anything rear
Florida - 27% Front, 15% rear
Texas - 25% Front, 25% rear

I see nothing wrong with 35% front 20% rear for Trinidad.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 25th, 2014, 4:58 pm

hmm, so police go hadda walk with breathalyser, speed gun, and tint meter in dey hand now

cacasplat3
punchin NOS

Postby cacasplat3 » March 25th, 2014, 7:35 pm

a staggered/limited license is just being redundant, because we have a system that deals with that already....its called a learner's permit.......
driving schools should be teaching people to drive and not to pass the test.....

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » March 25th, 2014, 8:09 pm

so how you guys feel about the license plate being linked to the owner and not being sold with the car? And being made by a central authority also?
I've wanted this for a long time instead of the printing number plate by the corner parlour

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » March 25th, 2014, 8:12 pm

^Bobol, bandits etc cause that. I'm all for it.

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » March 25th, 2014, 10:56 pm

Dibs on "DSHIZNIT" plates!

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 26th, 2014, 4:26 am

j.o.e wrote:so how you guys feel about the license plate being linked to the owner and not being sold with the car? And being made by a central authority also?
I've wanted this for a long time instead of the printing number plate by the corner parlour

As long as bandits can't reproduce the official plates . Once u get plates it should be yours for lifetime.
Central authority may have to post the plates otherwise it's going to be madness when time to collect the new plates .

cacasplat3
punchin NOS

Postby cacasplat3 » March 26th, 2014, 8:05 am

j.o.e wrote:so how you guys feel about the license plate being linked to the owner and not being sold with the car? And being made by a central authority also?

i hope they realise that motorcycles need smaller plates and take that into consideration when laying out the rules with regards to sizes.
if they don't, i'll just run my plate like one of these, because i'm not running a full sized plate on the back of a dirt bike......that's ridiculous.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 26th, 2014, 2:43 pm

cacasplat3 wrote:a staggered/limited license is just being redundant, because we have a system that deals with that already....its called a learner's permit.......
driving schools should be teaching people to drive and not to pass the test.....

i don't think u can consider someone an experienced driver after just a few lessons- even insurance companies know this-though some take it to extreme though by charging higher rates for ppl all the way up to 25

its something we should consider- there have been accidents involving ppl who got their license just a couple days before

and a few countries like US UK China do have it

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » March 26th, 2014, 5:27 pm

So out of all of u mouth murderers here, who will be attending the consultation?

This legislation is draft and is a proposed document!

Not finalized, but without debate it will be!!!

Maxi taxi assoc is planning to attend all 3 days and fight for radio/CD players.

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » March 26th, 2014, 5:35 pm

Me dunno what all this beat up is about...I am certain that the legislation will die in Parliament.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » March 26th, 2014, 6:01 pm

I wouldn't mind attending the consultation.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » March 26th, 2014, 11:50 pm

gt4tified wrote:Me dunno what all this beat up is about...I am certain that the legislation will die in Parliament.
really? but this not a bottle of white oak / grey goose.

toybago
3NE 2NR for life

Postby toybago » March 27th, 2014, 2:34 am

AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!! too much scrolling!!!!

gubberment gonna do what the hell they want anyway

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » March 27th, 2014, 5:31 am

Is the travelling public upset about the proposed removal of radios in maxis or just the operators? Maybe one of the news programs or newspapers will interview people to find out.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » March 27th, 2014, 6:18 am

A lot of maxi drivers rely on the radio for news, sports etc, not to play BS music at high volumes. That rule is total nonsense because drivers are going to find a way to get around it anyway. Instead of radios in maxis why don't they tackle the thousands of derelict, non-roadworthy vehicles on the road

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » March 27th, 2014, 6:39 am

Arent there laws about the derelict vehicles already? Aren't all vehicles required to be inspected regularly and if not the driver can be fined? Just like that, it comes down to policing and if the police aren't doing their job then the maxi operators don't have much to worry about either.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » March 27th, 2014, 6:49 am

True, but those laws ought to be strengthened so those vehicles can be permanently removed from the roads.

What about those morons in private cars who drive up and down all day and night blasting their music, they are an even bigger nuisance, and those with fart cannons on their snail vehicles. Don't get me wrong, I'm unaffected with the maxi law as my ipod is always on, but they must bring a logical reason for that piece since almost every vehicle coming with a radio standard.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”