Forums

The official WAZE GPS navigation thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

DRam
Street 2NR

Re: The official waze gps navigation thread

Postby DRam » April 3rd, 2013, 7:57 pm

Using app on iOS 6 for about 3 days. Great, but points not showing. Any suggestions?

DRam
Street 2NR

Postby DRam » April 3rd, 2013, 10:38 pm

Got my points when I reinstalled app. Thanks Duane!

DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby DVSTT » April 4th, 2013, 9:28 am

idlemind wrote:It may be suggesting the PBR if other Waze users are taking that route.
Every evening Waze wants to send me down Charlotte Street or another mystery street between Richmond and Wrightson road.

On another note I tried the Toco navigation with Waze this weekend.
It doesnt work as good as NavPhone does. Waze basically shows one main road all the way.
Il stick with my initial claim...Waze only good once you have net access, now even with simple navigation.

Will check out Navphone. Is it free?
Went down mayaro and was not able to track the route with Waze as the maps for that area did not load until I got to the house and connected to wifi. Will I need wifi to load maps on navphone?

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » April 4th, 2013, 10:20 am

DVSTT wrote:
idlemind wrote:It may be suggesting the PBR if other Waze users are taking that route.
Every evening Waze wants to send me down Charlotte Street or another mystery street between Richmond and Wrightson road.

On another note I tried the Toco navigation with Waze this weekend.
It doesnt work as good as NavPhone does. Waze basically shows one main road all the way.
Il stick with my initial claim...Waze only good once you have net access, now even with simple navigation.

Went down mayaro and was not able to track the route with Waze as the maps for that area did not load until I got to the house and connected to wifi. Will I need wifi to load maps on navphone?
no it's not. And no you don't need wifi to load the navfone map data

DJ Q
punchin NOS

Postby DJ Q » April 5th, 2013, 2:39 pm

Went to point fortin community center last night and pulled up Waze.

It went "lolwut"

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » April 5th, 2013, 3:13 pm

Waze helped avoid the standstill highway traffic from the Barataria/Beetham accident this morning.
Main Road and Side streets FTW

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » April 5th, 2013, 3:21 pm

Same here.. cut through Champs Fleurs Aranguez to Barataria and was just on the flyover for maybe 10 minutes. It actually took the time Waze said it would take from Grand Bazaar to POS (37minutes) and the highway estimation was over an hour.

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » April 5th, 2013, 11:35 pm

M_2NR wrote:
DVSTT wrote:
idlemind wrote:It doesnt work as good as NavPhone does. Waze basically shows one main road all the way.

If you're looking to get NavFone and are on IOS look elsewhere $49.99. Read for yourself.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/navfone-trinidad-tobago-gps/id440117394?mt=8
NavFone.png

The Android version is cheaper $26.81 but still outdated.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sg.agis.caribbean&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwiY29tLnNnLmFnaXMuY2FyaWJiZWFuIl0.

DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby DVSTT » April 6th, 2013, 12:37 am

2WNBoost wrote:
M_2NR wrote:
DVSTT wrote:
idlemind wrote:It doesnt work as good as NavPhone does. Waze basically shows one main road all the way.

If you're looking to get NavFone and are on IOS look elsewhere $49.99. Read for yourself.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/navfone-trinidad-tobago-gps/id440117394?mt=8
NavFone.png

The Android version is cheaper $26.81 but still outdated.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sg.agis.caribbean&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwiY29tLnNnLmFnaXMuY2FyaWJiZWFuIl0.

Wonder if I can download it off a torrent or something?

Quick question about Waze though, how do I get the ability to add in points on the map. For instance the recreational ground in my area is plotted but not named. Is there a way I can name it on the map for all users?

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » April 15th, 2013, 1:04 pm

made a couple runs to galeota over the past few weeks, i gather it will be able to map a route from pos to galeota now

rocknrolla
Riding on 18's

Postby rocknrolla » April 23rd, 2013, 7:35 pm

thanks to waze this afternoon for saying there was no traffic on the main road coming out of pos. i couldnt believe it, but watching the traffic on the highway i say let me give it a shot.. and wow.. no traffic. straight flow up to barataria then i cut thru el soccorro to the highway. pos to arima in 1hr during drive time. amazing!

original_lollybob
Riding on 16's

Postby original_lollybob » April 24th, 2013, 1:10 pm

src1983
18 pounds of Boost

Postby src1983 » April 24th, 2013, 2:41 pm

How do I fix this?

When heading to Williamsville waze navigates me to San Fernando tech overpass and the reform, by passing the Gasparillo bypass road.

Even when I take that road it would send me right when it should send me left...

ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1366828915.272001.jpg

rocknrolla
Riding on 18's

Postby rocknrolla » April 24th, 2013, 4:23 pm

src1983 wrote:How do I fix this?

When heading to Williamsville waze navigates me to San Fernando tech overpass and the reform, by passing the Gasparillo bypass road.

Even when I take that road it would send me right when it should send me left...

ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1366828915.272001.jpg

that is weird.. maybe someone messed with it because it showed me all the proper paths with the left including the uturn last time i was down south.

TRDGUY
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby TRDGUY » April 24th, 2013, 4:27 pm

waze is for people who cant use thier common sense IMHO.. works good for what it is

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » April 24th, 2013, 5:53 pm

TRDGUY wrote:waze is for people who cant use thier common sense IMHO.. works good for what it is

I guess waze routed you to the wrong place and you followed it?

TRDGUY
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby TRDGUY » April 24th, 2013, 7:34 pm

M_2NR wrote:
TRDGUY wrote:waze is for people who cant use thier common sense IMHO.. works good for what it is

I guess waze routed you to the wrong place and you followed it?

Not really ^^ the first few times I tried the navigation it routed some weird routes and I never bothered with it . I have a friend who lives here in TT knows exactly the routes and got sent in a circle using waze because he thought "technology" would make life easier .... Just saying.

src1983
18 pounds of Boost

Postby src1983 » April 24th, 2013, 7:42 pm

by using it and updating it, it will get smarter.

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » April 24th, 2013, 8:00 pm

It depends on the user id say also. I always check it against my route to see if there are an accidents or alerts so I can know how to move. It's better than moving with hear say.

tiger balm
Sweet on this forum

Postby tiger balm » April 30th, 2013, 10:32 pm

Waze is looking for beta testers for the WP app. Interested persons:

http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 2968fd4c9b

Swisha
Chronic 2NR

Postby Swisha » May 9th, 2013, 9:13 am

Facebook rumored to be buying GPS app Waze for up to $1 billion

Between buying Instagram and calling Facebook Home the "next version" of his social network, it's fairly clear Mark Zuckerberg's obsessed with the prime real estate on your smartphone. Israeli newspaper Calcalist is reporting that Zuckerberg and Co. are eyeing up crowdsourced GPS app Waze, which generates mapping data by pulling it from its users' devices in real time. The paper says that Facebook entered into discussions around six months ago, with prices in the $800 million to $1 billion range being mentioned -- and while that sounds like a big number, it's still only a dollar per user.

Engadget via Reuters

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » May 9th, 2013, 9:50 am

Swisha wrote:Facebook rumored to be buying GPS app Waze for up to $1 billion

Between buying Instagram and calling Facebook Home the "next version" of his social network, it's fairly clear Mark Zuckerberg's obsessed with the prime real estate on your smartphone. Israeli newspaper Calcalist is reporting that Zuckerberg and Co. are eyeing up crowdsourced GPS app Waze, which generates mapping data by pulling it from its users' devices in real time. The paper says that Facebook entered into discussions around six months ago, with prices in the $800 million to $1 billion range being mentioned -- and while that sounds like a big number, it's still only a dollar per user.

Engadget via Reuters

I'll delete Waze if this deal goes through. There's no need for Facebook to know my whereabouts, I already keep location services disabled.

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » May 9th, 2013, 2:44 pm

Well. Hopefully you didn't connect waze with fb. If u did, it already does eh.

rocknrolla
Riding on 18's

Postby rocknrolla » May 9th, 2013, 3:28 pm

waze losing points already for this in my book. i hope the developer isnt money hungry.

rocknrolla
Riding on 18's

Postby rocknrolla » May 9th, 2013, 6:16 pm

how was that traffic on the wrightson rd/ highway today? lady young for the win, the view is always a nice bonus. movietowne to elsocorro in 30 mins
Last edited by rocknrolla on May 9th, 2013, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » May 9th, 2013, 6:17 pm

M_2NR wrote:Well. Hopefully you didn't connect waze with fb. If u did, it already does eh.

Nope. I don't use Facebook to access any 3rd party apps. It's not even integrated with my iPhone.
I try to keep Facebook on a leash and in a corner.

rocknrolla
Riding on 18's

Postby rocknrolla » May 9th, 2013, 6:20 pm

good job.. alternative facebook apps are also a solution with a seperate account. theyll still get ur data but will have trouble tying it together.

i dont think facebook needs my gps location so ive got that permission blocked. also blocked from reading my contact list... as if i want everyone on my phone on my facebook.. steups.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 11th, 2013, 1:26 am

http://www.computerweekly.com/news/2240183843/Facebook-expected-to-acquire-Israeli-navigation-startup-Waze
Friday 10 May 2013 09:57

Facebook expected to acquire Israeli navigation startup Waze
Social networking firm Facebook is in talks to acquire mobile satellite navigation start-up Waze for up to $1bn, according to Israeli business daily Calcalist.

Financial results released in January showed almost a quarter of Facebook’s business is now mobile, making location-based services an important area of development.

Commenting on the results, founder and chief Mark Zuckerberg said: “Facebook is a mobile company. Mobile is a perfect device for Facebook. It allows us to reach more people.”

The deal will give Facebook its own mapping service it can customise, which will improve its competitive position in relation to Apple and Google, said Reuters.

Waze, which has 47 million members, uses satellite signals from users’ smartphones to generate maps and traffic data, which it then shares with other users.

The app has already incorporated Facebook, allowing users to share journey information with friends.Maps and navigation services have become a key asset for technology companies with growing adoption of smartphones and other mobile devices capable of location-based services.

Neither company has issued a statement, but reports said talks between Waze and Facebook started six months ago and have reached an advanced stage, with due diligence processes already underway.

The acquisition will be the largest for Facebook since it agreed to a $1bn cash and stock deal for photo-sharing app Instagram, which ended up being $715m, following declines in Facebook’s share price.

Shares of Facebook were up 1.1%, or 30 cents, at $27.42 in afternoon trading on Thursday.

DFC
2NRholic

Postby DFC » May 11th, 2013, 2:12 am

i dl the waze app.

soo look out for me.

it takes a bit of getting used to.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 11th, 2013, 2:30 am

DFC wrote:i dl the waze app.

soo look out for me.

it takes a bit of getting used to.
join the TriniTuner group on Waze.

Go to groups and search "trinituner". Click join.

Sent from my iPhone using TriniTuner mobile app

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”