Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Maserati
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Maserati » March 14th, 2010, 11:54 pm

19 as of today

mero

Postby mero » March 15th, 2010, 12:08 am

equal2zero, &worksux101, allyuh make sense regarding a player don't make a team etc, but all dat ole talk on we barca page unnecessary. Have a UCl ched and football season ched for these big long discussion.
I think every player who wins an award does feel bite up for it. Its not dey daddy give them the facking award, its the world who recognizes their performance which i think they worked very hard for. Getting the FIFA player of the year award ain't no shilling trophy u know.
There are good players throughout the leagues but i think there are players who are different than others, those that have a natural hunger for the sport and i'm sure u can agree with me, players such as Messi, Drogba, Rooney, Xavi, Fabregas, Ronaldo and the latest, Pedro etc, i rate them even though i hate the 2nd and 3rd.
but wha part of Essien and Fletcher could get the player of the year? Next ting u go say, how come Lampard never get the player of year? :roll:

equal2zero
3NE 2NR for life

Postby equal2zero » March 15th, 2010, 12:45 am

mero wrote:but wha part of Essien and Fletcher could get the player of the year? Next ting u go say, how come Lampard never get the player of year? :roll:

why cant they?

whats the criteria?

why is it that only attacking players get the award? if its a popularity contest then obviously the likes of fletcher arent even going to be involved because almost all of his work goes unnoticed to the untrained eye. you've made my point.

and if consistency was one of the considerations then lampard would have surely won it had his best years not coincided with ronaldinho's. he doesn't have the flare and popularity of the brazillian so he didnt win the award but where's ronaldinho now? pulling level stones in a retirement home while lampard continues to score 20 goals from midfield consistently for the last FIVE seasons and this one would make it six. name 1 player who has done that for barca and you get a whole hand of fig. :arrow:

sharkman121
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sharkman121 » March 15th, 2010, 12:59 am

Maserati wrote:22 as of today

fixed. 8-)

JBL

Postby JBL » March 15th, 2010, 9:21 am

^^ rooney have most goals and he still doh have ah FIFA World Player of the year award under his name...

ohhhhhhhh noooo.. buuurrrrnnnnn

Maserati

Postby Maserati » March 15th, 2010, 11:33 am

sharkman121 wrote:
Maserati wrote:22 as of today

fixed. 8-)

ah my bad, I was going by what soccernet had

kevcam
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kevcam » March 15th, 2010, 1:09 pm

equal2zero wrote:
noshownogo wrote:bachannalist working overtime in here boi, funny that Messi takes so much pong yet he has more hardware and awards than most players combined on ManUre :|

so!?

xavi and iniesta and the understanding he has with them are the only reasons messi is so highly rated. this is why messi fails to live up to the hype for argentina, different system and different players who dont have the same level of understanding with him.

the team makes the player, not the other way around. individual accolades arent worth shite, even the players who win them would admit that.

Man always like to say xavi and iniesta are the only reasons why messi is so highly rated.

Messi has 22 goals from 23 games in La Liga this season.
You know how many assists he has? 9. The highest number on the Barca side. Second is Alves 7 and third is Zlatan 6.

You know how many assists Iniesta has? 2.

You know how many assists Xavi has? 4.

And while assists only is not the full measure of contribution it is an important measure and the above shows that messi not just sitting on his ass waiting for xavi and iniesta to pass to him to score goals but he contributing significantly as well. I'm not discounting what xavi and iniesta do for the team as they play a very significant part but to say that is the only reason or even main reason why messi is so highly rated is wrong.

If you watch Barcelona games (and i watch all of dem) you will see messi playing his part in the game. He is involved in about every 8 out of 10 offensive plays and he creates a lot of plays as well. Not every pass or assist he receives is xavi or iniesta splitting the defence or great ball but d man could create something out of nothing. He can make space for himself when there seems like no space can be made. He can dribble pass 2-3 players and set up a team mate or have a shot on goal and score. No one player on any side can mark him individually. Sure a defender might have a great game against him once in a while but generally it's difficult to stop him.

That is why he is rated highly. Ronaldo as well to a lesser extent and Ronaldinho bac in d days. These players have the ability to create something out of nothing. Of course having good players in the side helps big time and the reason why the team helps not makes the player. Football is a team sport and once all players play their part according to plan, the sides would generate success. Good players play their part consistently but Great players do this and much more. They possess more natural ability than the good players. The good players, defenders, midfielders etc makes the car run smooth and without problems over long periods but the great players are like NOS. Sometimes it seems like magic and that is why they are highly rated.

And dont get me started on why he does not perform for Argentina. Maradonna as a player was brilliant, arguably the best but as a Coach he dont know his ass from his elbow. Maradonna is the one who fcuking up everything for Messi and Argentina on the whole.

While he use to do the impossible on the field as a player, he actually did the impossible as a coach too. Maradonna used 104 players (including 11 goalkeepers) in 16 qualifiers for Argentina. I didnt think that even possible. Just imagine players age 35 and ting getting their debut for Argentina. He clearly had no tactical approach. The Nos cant do sheit if d car aint really working. The side was in a mess. (Argentina actually looked much better in the last friendly so maybe he starting to come true but time will tell.)

No player in the world, whether is Drogba, Rooney, Xavi, Fabregas, Lampard, Ronaldo, Maradonna or fcuking Pele would have shone for Argentina with what they had to work with. The side have to at least be clicking good and most doing their part for any player to have some decent consistent success. Messi (and no other individual player on the earth) is not going to dribble past the 10 outfield players. He can dribble past 2-3 but if he has nobody to pass too, what success he is going to have? If the other players not playing their part (due to their own poor form or d shitty tactics dat Maradonna employs) what you expect to happen? When he get d ball and other teammates sticking and he getting double and tripple team on most offensive plays, what you expect to happen?

When Diego gets his act together (or get another coach) and use good tactics, use consistent players and the team as a whole start pulling their weight, Messi will be not too much different than at Barca.

So yes the team is important and does help to make great players, but it is not the only reason why great players are highly rated. Messi struggles on d national side, but it would be no different for any other great player if they had to work with what he has.

A top league side would most times cut d ass off a national side any day of the week. Yes they have d understanding between them as they play week in week out. A national side gets d players together once in a while to play.

You think Fletcher, essien, lampard or puyol could do it on their own? You think if the rest of the defence or midfield not pulling their weight they could stop d whole offence and/or midfield of another side?

How would you define a great footballer?
Who would you say are the best player/s in the footballing world at present?

mero

Postby mero » March 15th, 2010, 1:37 pm

why my barca ppl's actually defending weself on OUR thread, We have nothing to prove, Barca won basically won everything we possibly could have won last year and we hope that we do it again this year.
Pioneer don't know jack sheit about , what he calls "soccer".
Did you notice he avoids every single question asked about Man U & football, he ignores and instead continues spamming our thread... Just ignore his crying and the stupid child will shut up....eventually.. well i hope

noshownogo
punchin NOS

Postby noshownogo » March 15th, 2010, 1:57 pm

Barca > ManU :twisted:

La Liga > EPL (that pinball allyuh call football)

I never see ball geh kick way like it was on fire so...

Possession football > what ever ManU plays

noshownogo
punchin NOS

Postby noshownogo » March 15th, 2010, 2:05 pm

La Liga "where all the great players dream of playing"

EPL "where all the great players retire"

If EPL so much better, how come yuh team couldn't hold on to the "greatest player", and lost him to Madrid?

noshownogo
punchin NOS

Postby noshownogo » March 15th, 2010, 2:16 pm

pioneer wrote:Who won year before?...and before?

How many times barca ever won the CL compared to Utd?

Allyuh men in denial.

Yes it's called Soccer.

Clearly you watch Soccer and not football by the above highlighted statements, you doh even know your team's stats :?

When we beat up on allyuh last year we drew in CL titles.

We doh want to go down the road of counting titles...

mero

Postby mero » March 15th, 2010, 2:46 pm

pioneer,, now i'm determined you don't know sheit, lol
Barca won 2009. man u 08, Ac Milan 07, Barca 06, Liverpool 05. The last time Man U won a champions before 08 was with Yorkie and Beckham i believe in 99, that was when Man U was epic!

stop talking toots na pioneer.

pimptacular
30 pounds of Boost

Postby pimptacular » March 15th, 2010, 2:51 pm

la liga is for primadonna
if the epl so crappy why it is for the past few years the semi have been dominated by english teams?

apart from barcelona what spanish team does anything impressive in the past few seasons? valenica doh make me laugh

real madrid? they fail epic whats the gap between the top 2 and the rest of the league??

look at the epl..teams are more close together which shows competition and how hard it is to win a game..

and for they who said rooney have all those goals and no individual award to show for it..obviously you retard cuz the nominations havent went in yet for the current season :?

and as for the maradona not using messi correctly..he still fail for argentina even before maradonna.. 43 appearances and 13 goals (rooney has a higher goals to game ratio) cuz he dont have teammates on the same caliber of xavi and inesta pulling the strings in midfield and if you want to be a noob an say assists is everything..assists is the last man to pass the ball to the goal scorer, while it takes a good pass, the real skill is the guy who started and makes the plays which is xavi and inesta..i rate those 2 highly over messi

noshownogo
punchin NOS

Postby noshownogo » March 15th, 2010, 3:14 pm

pioneer wrote:
noshownogo wrote:La Liga "where all the great players dream of playing"

EPL "where all the great players retire"

If EPL so much better, how come yuh team couldn't hold on to the "greatest player", and lost him to Madrid?

wait wait waaaaait...back p de truck *beep beep beep pffftttt*

u jus bring real madrid into this? :rofl:

:lol: :lol: :arrow:

exactly what makes it hella funny :lol:

pimptacular
30 pounds of Boost

Postby pimptacular » March 15th, 2010, 3:21 pm

real madrid is a club for celebrities not footballers

noshownogo
punchin NOS

Postby noshownogo » March 15th, 2010, 3:23 pm

Real is like EPL's version of Chelsea, what can i say...

pimptacular
30 pounds of Boost

Postby pimptacular » March 15th, 2010, 3:27 pm

unlike real madrid, chelsea actually progress to the latter stages of compeitions :lol:

noshownogo
punchin NOS

Postby noshownogo » March 15th, 2010, 3:30 pm

they still both exit prematurely based on expectations :D

kevcam
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kevcam » March 15th, 2010, 5:18 pm

pimptacular wrote:
look at the epl..teams are more close together which shows competition and how hard it is to win a game..

and for they who said rooney have all those goals and no individual award to show for it..obviously you retard cuz the nominations havent went in yet for the current season :?

and as for the maradona not using messi correctly..he still fail for argentina even before maradonna.. 43 appearances and 13 goals (rooney has a higher goals to game ratio) cuz he dont have teammates on the same caliber of xavi and inesta pulling the strings in midfield and if you want to be a noob an say assists is everything..assists is the last man to pass the ball to the goal scorer, while it takes a good pass, the real skill is the guy who started and makes the plays which is xavi and inesta..i rate those 2 highly over messi

Ha ha...who is d noob..imagine u say in the epl that the teams are more close together which shows competition and how hard it is to win a game..

Is sheit Man U and Chelsea were playing in the earlier part of the campaign. You want to say that d competition so fierce that why d teams close together. ROFL.

Man U struggled in the early stages, not because of the great sides in the epl but that they were playin real sheit. They needed one set of extra time for some games to get any result. So much extra time that I remember they doing calculations showing that Man U does get d most extra time in the epl. And when dey didnt get it sometimes, ferguson want to bump he gum and say d ref tiefing and ting. Yes they catch dey form eventually but is they own doing have dem so close.

And even with all d sheit they do the epl is still a 3 horse race with 4th place real distant. The difference between 1st and 4th is 14 pts. So what close u talkin bout. La Liga is a 2 horse race with 3rd place 18 pts behind and it was 15 pts up to yesterday until Valencia lost to Barca. So what epl better because it have one more horse in d race?
Liverpool fall out d top 4 because epl get superior in 1 season? No is their sheit they playing as well not that d whole epl jus get better.

So from what you saying then Serie A have to be better than epl because it damn closer there. It's a 3 horse race as well but 4th place only 7 pts adrift of 3rd. So Inter only 1 pt ahead of AC because the teams are close together so that must mean that it shows competition and how hard it is to win a game..right....

No it means that Inter started playing sheit and let d other sides catch up to them.

I'm not saying that any league better than another (dat is an argument that could go on for years) but I saying that by you saying that because teams are more close together it shows competition and how hard it is to win a game..that is a poor measure of how great d league is and is a real noob statement.

And show me where I said assists is everything? I said that while assists only is not the full measure of contribution it is an important measure. But dont worry I know reading is a hard thing to comprehend for some people. Ah guess Messi dont start plays and make split passes to other teammates right? Never will he get a simple pass dribble and pass it off to xavi and iniesta therby starting their triangle play right?

And to play down an assist as something trivial. Tell that to people who played with Beckham. Tell that to Yorke who had it real nice with Beckham who could cross dat ball straight to his head so that he could score. Ah guess it have no real skill in that right? Nah man what skill it have in an assist, is just ah good pass.

Rooney having one magnificent season and men feel he is d next Messiah yes. Only time will tell if he is consistent. And to say that Messi fail even before Maradonna with his 13 goals in 43 appearances, I looked up Rooney Stats and when he scored his second for Andorra (whoo boy ah big side) he was on 24 goals and he equaled Gary Lineker 10 goals in 1 season. He has at present 25 goals in 58 appearances. So if you subtract the 10 goals that he had in his magnificent season with England qualifiers etc from d 24 when he equalled Lineker that is 14 goals before d current season. Oh my God that 14 goals totally blows away Messi's 13 goals by miles. Rooney must really be d next Messiah.

pimptacular
30 pounds of Boost

Postby pimptacular » March 15th, 2010, 5:36 pm

ill get back to u later but y take away rooney international goals n current season??
if u wa take away goal den take away messi 2 goals against algeria, colombia, 2 venezuela, and peru...and jus cuz trinidad cant beat teams like dat dont mean it not small trinidad jus shitty and had real luck to get to the world cup

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » March 15th, 2010, 6:35 pm

I'm not saying that any league better than another (dat is an argument that could go on for years)

It can go on for about 5 seconds...how many teams from the EPL have been in the semis of the UCL for the last 4 seasons...

Rooney having one magnificent season and men feel he is d next Messiah yes.

Rooney has been played out of position constantly and thrown around for the last 4 seasons...were Messi or Ronaldinho ever asked to defend? NO...
When Ronaldo refused to go back, they sacrificed Rooney...he has been great for years, and most true Man Utd fans who have watched games consistently for the last 4+ seasons can tell you that...
"Taking away" Rooney's international goals...well that must be one of the dumbest things i've read in this thread thus far...refer to comment above mines...

Fact is...Messi doesn't perform anywhere near as well for Arg as he does for Barca...pre or during maradona's era...
Doesn't mean to say he isn't a great player...he certainly is, and by the method by which WPOY is judged, he deserved it imho...
I'd still always agree with equal2zero about the players that don't get recognition though, and that's what Rooney has above the others...he plays for the team and not for himself, yet has still managed to pull out the individual stats...

pimptacular
30 pounds of Boost

Postby pimptacular » March 15th, 2010, 6:56 pm

worksux101 wrote:
I'm not saying that any league better than another (dat is an argument that could go on for years)

It can go on for about 5 seconds...how many teams from the EPL have been in the semis of the UCL for the last 4 seasons...

Rooney having one magnificent season and men feel he is d next Messiah yes.

Rooney has been played out of position constantly and thrown around for the last 4 seasons...were Messi or Ronaldinho ever asked to defend? NO...
When Ronaldo refused to go back, they sacrificed Rooney...he has been great for years, and most true Man Utd fans who have watched games consistently for the last 4+ seasons can tell you that...
"Taking away" Rooney's international goals...well that must be one of the dumbest things i've read in this thread thus far...refer to comment above mines...

Fact is...Messi doesn't perform anywhere near as well for Arg as he does for Barca...pre or during maradona's era...
Doesn't mean to say he isn't a great player...he certainly is, and by the method by which WPOY is judged, he deserved it imho...
I'd still always agree with equal2zero about the players that don't get recognition though, and that's what Rooney has above the others...he plays for the team and not for himself, yet has still managed to pull out the individual stats...

kevcam
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kevcam » March 15th, 2010, 7:09 pm

Of course I have to take away Rooney's international goals for the season. The man state Messi was a shithound pre Maradonna and Rooney was far better. Rooney only make some serious gain in this WC qualifying season and who England play against?

The man only scoring against Belarus, Andorra and Kazakhstan... Wait nah dat is d sides that England had to qualify against. One set ah sheit sides England play, any average player would have had a field day too. Also friendly against Slovakia too. Man allyuh real funny yes.

While Argentina play against Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Uraguay, Ecuador, Colombia.

Time for England and Rooney to score against some real sides. Then we go talk serious talk.

I really cant believe that those were the sides that Rooney had the wonderful season against man. All yuh too funny.

I cant waste my time with allyuh. I thought is real ting allyuh brigin to d table.

Nuff talk let's see what happens in the WC.

kevcam
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kevcam » March 15th, 2010, 7:35 pm

Easy answer. EPL has 3-4 good sides, end of story. That says nothing for the rest of the league.

And the EPL sides cant win d final.

04-05 Milan beat Liverpool
05-06 Barca beat Arsenal
06-07 Milan beat Liverpool
07-08 Man U beat Chelsea (well dey win here as it had 2 EPL sides)
08-09 Barca cut Man U ass

D last time an EPL side win against foreign opposition was in 99 when Man U beat Bayern and they was damn lucky to score 2 goals in the final minutes of d game.

As a matter of fact they was lucky against Chelsea too. Thank god for John Terry.

English sides struggle when it matters.

Man U is d luckiest side in d world. Chelsea have to be d unluckiest.

I aint go lie though, dis year Man U looking good (ah guess is d same ting every year) but plenty football to go still.

Halfbreed07
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Halfbreed07 » March 15th, 2010, 8:02 pm

This is a thread for barca fans, if u all have issues with barca make a thread.

There are two general football threads for the discussions that you all continue to perpetrate, use it.

If barca and by extension messi were such nothings as you guys say, then formulate a partition and submit it to FIFA and La Liga and ask them to take back all the trophies and accolades that they have earned over the past 5 years.

Before you spamming idiots i saw no posts in this thread insulting or disputing the greatness, apparent or otherwise of any other player or team.

i know respect and maturity is not common on tuner, all i ask is that a fan thread remain that and not a become one of barca bashing and barca defending.

thanks.

mero

Postby mero » March 15th, 2010, 8:11 pm

Halfbreed07 wrote:This is a thread for barca fans, if u all have issues with barca make a thread.

There are two general football threads for the discussions that you all continue to perpetrate, use it.

If barca and by extension messi were such nothings as you guys say, then formulate a partition and submit it to FIFA and La Liga and ask them to take back all the trophies and accolades that they have earned over the past 5 years.

Before you spamming idiots i saw no posts in this thread insulting or disputing the greatness, apparent or otherwise of any other player or team.

i know respect and maturity is not common on tuner, all i ask is that a fan thread remain that and not a become one of barca bashing and barca defending.

thanks.

x2

pimptacular
30 pounds of Boost

Postby pimptacular » March 15th, 2010, 8:23 pm

u real narrow sited if you only looking at finals
and if i remember correctly liverpool beat milan in the final..shows how much you know

united have beaten barcelona on route to the 08 final where barcelona struggled to make any shots on target..where was messi? playin messy
u could talk about all the attacking prowess of barca but y were they unable to defeat united acorss 2 legs..
united have beaten milan,juve,inter, roma,

also look at barca group that year with the only regocgnised side being sporting
libson which isnt even a european powerhouse.

if u want to talk about this season barca was given a pretty easy groupe apart from inter while united had alot of consistant champions league contender underdogs..

so far barca played stuttgart while united play milan oh and united have destroyed italian powerhouses constantly over the past few seasons

and man rating up chile, ecuador, vene and colombia big sides just because trinidad does struggle to even string a pass.. :lol:

and incase you havent realised brazil not exactly the dominant force they was in previous years

reguardless of maradonna or not..messi has never lived up to the hype he has at barcelona, just like ronaldo for portugal..atleast rooney is man enough to play for the team and admits his success is down to his teammates..has messi ever done that?

you can rant and rave and say all u want but rooney will always be a more all rounded player and plays for the team..

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » March 15th, 2010, 8:24 pm

2 more days!!

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » March 15th, 2010, 8:29 pm

The man only scoring against Belarus, Andorra and Kazakhstan... Wait nah dat is d sides that England had to qualify against.

if u wa take away goal den take away messi 2 goals against algeria, colombia, 2 venezuela, and peru...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last time i checked, noone's paying rent for this bit of bandwidth on tuner...its a football discussion so i don't see what the big deal is...if there were a United thread noone would b!tch about other people in it...if you can't talk about football in general rather than your one team then what's the point...wherever a topic comes up people discuss it...
Also, i never said that Barca or Messi weren't good...on contrary they are/were great, esp last season...that doesn't mean a player isn't open to criticsm...but if you can't share a difference of opinion without whining about others spamming then so be it...
04-05 Milan beat Liverpool

Wrong padna...comeback from 3-0...
As you said..plenty football still to look forward to this season...

mero

Postby mero » March 15th, 2010, 9:53 pm

i don't see what the big deal is..if there were a United thread noone would b!tch about other people in it..

WRONG!, off course ppl would b!tch in it, its tuner

if you can't talk about football in general rather than your one team then what's the point...wherever a topic comes up people discuss it...

The topic is for Barca fans. Of course there will be haters and critics everywhere but ppl start pulling facts out dey ass and straying off the topic of Barcelona and talking a whole set or outatiming talk for outatiming talk sake, bout who doh deserve player of the year, Argentina and World Cup; Wha FCB have to do with World Cup?

As said by Halfbreed07
This is a thread for barca fans, if u all have issues with barca make a thread.

I have personally gone to threads where once mods don't like certain posts against the thread, they delete unwanted comments.

Any ways, FORZA BARCA

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”