Forums

Headunit to brick amp question.

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

anythingforreal
Street 2NR

Headunit to brick amp question.

Postby anythingforreal » January 4th, 2021, 9:26 pm

For all those who may know, can a alpine ktp 445 brick amp be somehow used with a pioneer headunit? Recently bought a car that has a double din pioneer headunit and jbl coaxial speakers. now seeing that the headunit is powering the coaxials and is only giving about 18rms x 4 and alpine power pack is 45rms x 4 do you all thing that I can make the necessary adjustments to the alpine hardness for it to work with the headunit? Trying to avoid installing a amp and already have this alpine power pack here.

Thanks

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Headunit to brick amp question.

Postby rollingstock » January 4th, 2021, 11:06 pm

445u or 445a

If the 445a it's designed for use with alpine headunits only. Should be able to cut and splice the connector if you have the wiring diagram and know what you're doing.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 5th, 2021, 8:55 am

anythingforreal wrote:For all those who may know, can a alpine ktp 445 brick amp be somehow used with a pioneer headunit? Recently bought a car that has a double din pioneer headunit and jbl coaxial speakers. now seeing that the headunit is powering the coaxials and is only giving about 18rms x 4 and alpine power pack is 45rms x 4 do you all thing that I can make the necessary adjustments to the alpine hardness for it to work with the headunit? Trying to avoid installing a amp and already have this alpine power pack here.

Thanks

It can be done just as was said in an earlier post.

Here is the manual:

http://support.alpine-usa.com/products/ ... P-445U.pdf

You may want to take it to someone that has done basic circuit tracing and soldering to do the actual installation.

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » January 6th, 2021, 10:11 am

anythingforreal wrote:For all those who may know, can a alpine ktp 445 brick amp be somehow used with a pioneer headunit? Recently bought a car that has a double din pioneer headunit and jbl coaxial speakers. now seeing that the headunit is powering the coaxials and is only giving about 18rms x 4 and alpine power pack is 45rms x 4 do you all thing that I can make the necessary adjustments to the alpine hardness for it to work with the headunit? Trying to avoid installing a amp and already have this alpine power pack here.

Thanks

This power pack is no different from a conventional amplifier. You may still have to run a 10awg or so to power this up. I don't think its advisable to tap its power off the existing radio harness as the total load will exceed 20A or so a full load.
I installed a similar clarion "power pack" in the past and to me it runs out of steam early. Hope this isnt the case with the Alpine.

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”