Forums

The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

android79
3NE 2NR for life

Re: The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

Postby android79 » October 17th, 2020, 9:15 am

Anyone here ever order anything from Banggood and have it shipped direct to TnT? and if so where yuh going to collect your items?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 17th, 2020, 9:32 am

android79 wrote:Anyone here ever order anything from Banggood and have it shipped direct to TnT? and if so where yuh going to collect your items?
TTPOST Abercromby St., POS. It is next door to Customs House.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » October 17th, 2020, 9:33 am

How is this confirmed?

At what point during the checkout process are you advised that the products cannot ship to the skybox address?

I just tested this and added an iPad to my cart and proceeded to checkout and was allowed to use my skybox address. All I needed to do was to place order. Do you get notified after the order is placed?
jsm1985 wrote:Confirming that Amazon is no longer shipping certain items such as Echo products and Apple products to my skybox (Transexpress/ Trincargo/ Websource or Aeropost).

Really need the new iPad Air.

Any ideas?

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » October 17th, 2020, 10:27 am

carluva wrote:How is this confirmed?

At what point during the checkout process are you advised that the products cannot ship to the skybox address?

I just tested this and added an iPad to my cart and proceeded to checkout and was allowed to use my skybox address. All I needed to do was to place order. Do you get notified after the order is placed?
jsm1985 wrote:Confirming that Amazon is no longer shipping certain items such as Echo products and Apple products to my skybox (Transexpress/ Trincargo/ Websource or Aeropost).

Any ideas?

Right on the checkout page it will ask you to choose a different shipping address. "This item cannot be shipped to the address you selected"

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 17th, 2020, 10:41 am

It's a computer error that happens to many people, it just pops up randomly, even within CONUS. Amazon system is probably so complex with so much code that nobody has been able to fix it.

Contact Amazon chat support, or wait a few days.

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » October 17th, 2020, 4:06 pm

Any ideas?

When you login to your websource account, there’s a button titled “Amazon Address Tip” that gives a suggested fix.
Try it and see if it works.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 17th, 2020, 5:03 pm

maj. tom wrote:It's a computer error that happens to many people, it just pops up randomly, even within CONUS. Amazon system is probably so complex with so much code that nobody has been able to fix it.

If it's not, those wanting to get those devices from another source, check ebay (and use a topseller if skeptical). I've done this countless times to ship down macbooks in the past (before Amazon had them cheaper).

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » October 17th, 2020, 5:47 pm

i've gotten ipads from walmart.com too, works fine

Jade_Inc.
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jade_Inc. » October 17th, 2020, 6:08 pm

Try deleting all your addresses and putting them back

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » October 17th, 2020, 8:48 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
maj. tom wrote:It's a computer error that happens to many people, it just pops up randomly, even within CONUS. Amazon system is probably so complex with so much code that nobody has been able to fix it.

If it's not, those wanting to get those devices from another source, check B&H Photo. Their "in stock" supply fluctuates though. Some of the newer Apple products are back-ordered or still on pre-order there.

Good thing about them is if you are shipping to Miami, there is no state tax as they are based in NY.
Last edited by dredman1 on October 18th, 2020, 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jsm1985
Sweet on this forum

Postby jsm1985 » October 17th, 2020, 10:34 pm

This is only happening with when trying to purchase Apple products that are being sold directly by Amazon. 3rd party sellers are able to go through.

Problem is that amazon usually has the best price.

When you click for more info on why it’s being restricted, it has all the possible reasons including that they don’t ship certain items to freight forwarders.

I tried Walmart as they had a good price on the iPad Air and it also was rejecting the order. Same thing happens with Bestbuy.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » October 17th, 2020, 11:11 pm

Walmart.com takes Trini credit card? I thought they stopped a while ago. We can now buy off Walmart and ship to skybox?
paid_influencer wrote:i've gotten ipads from walmart.com too, works fine

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » October 18th, 2020, 8:16 am

jsm1985 wrote:This is only happening with when trying to purchase Apple products that are being sold directly by Amazon. 3rd party sellers are able to go through.

When you click for more info on why it’s being restricted, it has all the possible reasons including that they don’t ship certain items to freight forwarders.

I tried Walmart as they had a good price on the iPad Air and it also was rejecting the order. Same thing happens with Bestbuy.

on amazon, try different variation, like a different storage capacity or different model. I was getting the 'could not be shipped to selected address' message with some product variations but not all.

Walmart was working fine with a local credit card, last time I tried a couple years ago

edit: also try the alternate addresses that your skybox can provide if you call or email them.

jsm1985
Sweet on this forum

Postby jsm1985 » October 18th, 2020, 11:01 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
jsm1985 wrote:This is only happening with when trying to purchase Apple products that are being sold directly by Amazon. 3rd party sellers are able to go through.

on amazon, try different variation, like a different storage capacity or different model. I was getting the 'could not be shipped to selected address' message with some product variations but not all.

Walmart was working fine with a local credit card, last time I tried a couple years ago

edit: also try the alternate addresses that your skybox can provide if you call or email them.

Walmart has it but isn’t accepting local credit cards. I tried again tonight and the order was canceled immediately due by their “fraud department”.

Will see if there’s an alternate address I can use.

treeneeboi
Street 2NR

Postby treeneeboi » October 19th, 2020, 6:05 pm

I order from walmart regularly, no issues. However, recently its ocean freight and not through a “seabox” so can’t confirm if popular forwarders still work. Friends of mine don’t get through with Walmart. Bestbuy used to work but doesn’t anymore *Address undeliverable*
worst part abt the bestbuy was i only found out when i actually got a switch to buy during the “drought” and get that msg when it was supposed to ship.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » October 20th, 2020, 2:09 pm

I saw this new company opened in trincity estate and needed an alternative to websource
apparently its former employee/s of websource doing their own thing now
rates are slightly cheaper as well

https://rpmexpresscouriers.com/

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » October 21st, 2020, 1:01 am

paid_influencer wrote:

Ordered an ipad pro off amazon delivered to Seabox last week and it went thru. Tried both Websource and Aeropost first but got the “There was a problem with your order...” error

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » October 21st, 2020, 6:36 am

Let us know how they working out
X_Factor wrote:I saw this new company opened in trincity estate and needed an alternative to websource
apparently its former employee/s of websource doing their own thing now
rates are slightly cheaper as well

https://rpmexpresscouriers.com/

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » October 21st, 2020, 7:26 am

Anyone ever used UK Skybox to bring in things from the UK?

What is the quality of their service?

Thanks.

AlliDr
3NE 2NR for life

Postby AlliDr » October 21st, 2020, 7:46 am

Rory Phoulorie wrote:Anyone ever used UK Skybox to bring in things from the UK?

Thanks.

I regularly order parts from suppliers in the UK and other stuff from Amazon.co.uk as well, shipped to US skybox with no issues. The shipping cost to the US is also about half than if you ship directly to TT, also the UK has a trade agreement with the US so you don't have any US import duties.
Last edited by AlliDr on October 23rd, 2020, 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » October 21st, 2020, 8:25 am

I used ezone's UK skybox

I got raped, no grease, mandingo performed the act on me

Not flecking me again

Thanks.

treeneeboi
Street 2NR

Postby treeneeboi » October 22nd, 2020, 7:36 am

*KRONIK* wrote:I used ezone's UK skybox

I got raped, no grease, mandingo performed the act on me

Not flecking me again

Thanks.

Is how the metaphor gets continuously graphic.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » October 28th, 2020, 8:41 am

Aeropost starting to f%&k up again.

Items "Released from Customs" since last Wednesday still not delivered.

originalbling
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby originalbling » October 28th, 2020, 9:35 am

Item received in mia with Tropical last tuesday. Collected today.

Trying out Jetbox as an alternative to IBC. Their rates getting ridiculous but delivery times still fast compared to others.

d.d.s.
Sweet on this forum

Postby d.d.s. » October 28th, 2020, 10:39 am

Jetbox costs are still ok but they have alottt of delays / excuses now. Upon delivery to Miami, prepare to wait two weeks or more to get your stuff.

A padna of mine who with CSF had stuff delivered to Miami on Monday 19th and collected his stuff Friday 23rd.

Also, has anyone brought in plant seeds recently with no problems and with which skybox?

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » October 28th, 2020, 12:22 pm

yes so a few weeks now trying to buy apple mac air . Tried Aeropost SKybox, and Laparkan, both were unable to be ship to address.

Just now signed up for Jet Box

and was able to successfully add to cart and Order the item

dredman1 wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:

Ordered an ipad pro off amazon delivered to Seabox last week and it went thru. Tried both Websource and Aeropost first but got the “There was a problem with your order...” error
Attachments
laparkan.png
jett.png
aereo.png

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » October 29th, 2020, 5:26 am

Im with JB and they have indeed slowed down ad there is now mandatory prealerting for whatever you shipping

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » October 29th, 2020, 5:36 am

mitch1980 wrote:yes so a few weeks now trying to buy apple mac air . Tried Aeropost SKybox, and Laparkan, both were unable to be ship to address.

Please let us know when you get your items.

ulquiorra.tt
Ricer

Postby ulquiorra.tt » October 30th, 2020, 9:34 am

Does anyone have any experience with ordering a desktop computer to ship to the skybox? Either from amazon, or from a builder like ibuypower or cyberpowerpc.

Is it reasonable cost wise in terms of fees and customs once you send invoice ahead of time? Any things to look out for if doing this?

Thanks.

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » October 30th, 2020, 12:48 pm

bluefete wrote:
mitch1980 wrote:yes so a few weeks now trying to buy apple mac air . Tried Aeropost SKybox, and Laparkan, both were unable to be ship to address.

Please let us know when you get your items.

Will Do np.

Update 20 hours received in Jet Box Miami.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”