The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

Postby daxt0r » September 19th, 2020, 5:06 pm

scotty_buttons wrote:
shottah_crew wrote:Finally got some packages today that were delivered to Bluesky in JUNE for sea freight. Used to be 3 weeks for delivery, now its 3 months. Still waiting on the rest of packages.

That is MADNESS.

Madness i sea ship something that arrive Miami on April 27th, and today yes today, Saturday September 19th i now collect it...
shoulda listen to the folks here stay far from blue sky.
Meanwhile shipped many things after with seabox and websrc and received all of them before this one.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » September 19th, 2020, 8:48 pm

Fireworks, it’s 225/65/17 and 235/45/18

Francis, I posted up the shipping est. in a previous post, Seabox was cheaper than aeropost by $800. Per tyre unless I keyed in the data wrong?

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » September 20th, 2020, 11:40 am

I recently had 3 items delivered to Miami that I didn't pre-alert.It took about 3/4 days longer and 2 items were undervalued and charges were reflected as such.If it keeps up like that,I won't bother to pre-alert lol

Arcmanov
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Arcmanov » September 20th, 2020, 10:35 pm

gastly369 wrote:So If someone bring their personal drone for video vlogs that is in the limits on not required to register for eg the same dji mavic mini they will get tax?
Phone Surgeon wrote:Lol when they pick up that on the suitcase scanner is level tax iymc
Yep... Full VAT and 20% duty, and OPT.
I imported a Mavic Mini last December, and had to pay all of that...however it was classified as an 'electronic' (maybe Customs was sleeping on de wuk that day, I dunno), and I only ended up paying 245 TT to clear it.

The proper fees shoulda be around 850 TT, but I hush meh c**t and run.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » September 29th, 2020, 9:01 am

Now this is somewhat disturbing, i purchased an item that i saw on the internet, but dealth with the seller through email and paypal, yet my skybox still jacked me up with Online purchase tax- so is this Customs or Skybox that is apparently exploiting its customers? How the hell can you charge onlien taxes for something that was purchased not directly from an online site?
Or does eveyone have to pay online tax now for anytthing Imported across the board???

Jade_Inc.
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jade_Inc. » September 29th, 2020, 9:10 am

It still came through air partner u have to pay opt to customs.
Ben_spanna wrote:Now this is somewhat disturbing, i purchased an item that i saw on the internet, but dealth with the seller through email and paypal, yet my skybox still jacked me up with Online purchase tax- so is this Customs or Skybox that is apparently exploiting its customers? How the hell can you charge onlien taxes for something that was purchased not directly from an online site?
Or does eveyone have to pay online tax now for anytthing Imported across the board???

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » September 29th, 2020, 9:13 am

What difference does it make if its shipped via AIR or Sea? that is what makes a difference in online purchase tax? come nah man thats a load of BS! i want ot know if in this case if its my Skybox or customs charging online purchase tax when they had no right to do so!

Jade_Inc. wrote:It still came through air partner u have to pay opt to customs.
Ben_spanna wrote:Now this is somewhat disturbing, i purchased an item that i saw on the internet, but dealth with the seller through email and paypal, yet my skybox still jacked me up with Online purchase tax- so is this Customs or Skybox that is apparently exploiting its customers? How the hell can you charge onlien taxes for something that was purchased not directly from an online site?

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 29th, 2020, 9:22 am

Read the OPT amendment of 2016. See how it's deliberately worded to include the type of transport?
(Throwback note from 2016: Great is the PNN, protect the 1%, Kamla teef out the Treasury, etc. etc.)

The OPT is a tax which is applied to goods that have been purchased by means of an electronic transaction,
imported into Trinidad and Tobago by air transportation, consigned to a consumer and entered from a transit shed.
(All conditions must be met for the application of the OPT).

http://www.customs.gov.tt/content/Notice%20to%20Importers%20No.%2023%20of%202016%20-%20Amendments%20to%20the%20Miscellaneous%20Taxes%20Act,%20Chap.%2077.01%20-%2028.10.2016.pdf

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » September 29th, 2020, 9:24 am

Thanks may.tom, now i know its time for sea freight , not a problem! much appreciated!

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 29th, 2020, 9:43 am

seabox sticking bad too
i think they not getting much traffic so not shipping every week

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 29th, 2020, 12:28 pm

francis1979 wrote:I am experiencing significant delay with Websource
Where packages deliver on 11 sept and register in their system on sept 15TH
It is still in Miami warehouse as of today

A next package delivered on Monday has not even been added into their system

Is this the same experience with other skybox companies

me too

their miami office received the order Sept. 14th- after 2 days not seeing a confirmation from them i email them and they said i didn't pre alert it. (never had to do it before) so i had to do that for customs not to hold it. still didn't get a call from the delivery driver till last friday but i miss d call so i went in to collect it yesterday.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » September 29th, 2020, 12:42 pm

Got the lappy today!
Praise papa smurf for the tax relief!
Even though sound reproduction and filtration was shipped same day, they didn't arrive as yet.

trinibajan34
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinibajan34 » October 1st, 2020, 5:18 pm

can some body explain this to me cause i cant understand de maths.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture 2.JPG

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 1st, 2020, 5:22 pm

The shipping from china screwing up the calculator I feel

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » October 2nd, 2020, 4:16 am

anyone getting anyting from bluesky ? it have items reaching miami since early sept and we in october now an it still havent arrived in trinidad as far as i havenet gotten ay notice of items to be collected. they were usually so prompt.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » October 2nd, 2020, 7:02 am

screwbash wrote:anyone getting anyting from bluesky ? it have items reaching miami since early sept and we in october now an it still havent arrived in trinidad as far as i havenet gotten ay notice of items to be collected. they were usually so prompt.

Got an item from aeropost two days ago that reached Miami since 9 th September so things moving wonky

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » October 2nd, 2020, 10:41 am

screwbash wrote:anyone getting anyting from bluesky ? it have items reaching miami since early sept and we in october now an it still havent arrived in trinidad as far as i havenet gotten ay notice of items to be collected. they were usually so prompt.

Last set of things I collected from BlueSky that came in via sea freight reached Trinidad since July and I didn't get the items until early September. Good thing I was in no real hurry for the items.

BlueSky sent out an email recently saying that they temporarily suspending the sea freight (Save Box) service with effect from October 06, 2020.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » October 2nd, 2020, 10:43 am

Kenjo wrote:Got an item from aeropost two days ago that reached Miami since 9 th September so things moving wonky

I haven't had that bad an experience recently with Aeropost. My items are in my hand at most a week and a half from the time it reaches Miami. Before it used to be about three working days after reaching Miami.

Pre-alerting your shipments helps to reduce the processing time.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 2nd, 2020, 12:55 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote:
Kenjo wrote:Got an item from aeropost two days ago that reached Miami since 9 th September so things moving wonky

I haven't had that bad an experience recently with Aeropost. My items are in my hand at most a week and a half from the time it reaches Miami. Before it used to be about three working days after reaching Miami.

Pre-alerting your shipments helps to reduce the processing time.

I had a laptop that reached aeropost on the 14th September and only got it two days ago (30th). 12 working days from reaching Miami and that was pre-alerted.

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » October 2nd, 2020, 11:09 pm

I've used Bluesky for the last 3 years or so. Their service was sub par at best but their price was good enough for me to stick it out. The last packages I shipped with them via air reached their Florida warehouse on the 31st August and I received them 28th September. The price to ship + duties was nothing special. I tried websource for the first time and the package was ready for pickup one week after reaching their Florida warehouse and their price was about the same as what Bluesky charged for the last couple packages I shipped with them. Bluesky also temporarily suspended consolidation and ocean shipments so they won't be seeing me for some time.

Rivalry
Ricer

Re: The Official Skybox Thread: Take

Postby Rivalry » October 10th, 2020, 2:57 pm

I was using blue sky for the past year but packages taking over a month to reach. What’s the next best thing out there. Need one that offers delivery. Was looking at Aeropost but I saw they have 40% duties on video games and consoles and most others have it as 20%. It’s for the ps5

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 11th, 2020, 3:45 pm

hey if u buy something on sale does customs use that price to calculate the taxes or do they use the original price?

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » October 11th, 2020, 4:04 pm

redmanjp wrote:hey if u buy something on sale does customs use that price to calculate the taxes or do they use the original price?

it's variable with customs. I've been changed both ways before. Technically, if the discount is shown on the invoice, they should use the original price.

eg,
item $20
lightning discount -$5
total: $15

^the invoice value of the item is listed as $20. Or they could just use the $15 value, never really know.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 11th, 2020, 5:44 pm

Good rates reported on car maintenance and sound reproduction. More sound reproduction expected this week again.

Jade_Inc.
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jade_Inc. » October 13th, 2020, 12:20 pm

Can anyone say when is the proposed date the duties would be off from cellphones?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 13th, 2020, 12:24 pm

Screenshot_20201007-071158.jpeg

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » October 13th, 2020, 1:08 pm

Strugglerzinc wrote:Amazon has halted delivery to freight forwarders. Just got email from Aeropost. I assume it affects other skyboxes as well.

Amazon displays an error when trying to check out

Anyone getting this issue again?

Happening with both Aeropost and Websource for me for certain items, while other items seem to be allowed (all items in question are shipped and sold by Amazon).

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » October 13th, 2020, 1:35 pm

Prime day related?
dredman1 wrote:
Strugglerzinc wrote:Amazon has halted delivery to freight forwarders. Just got email from Aeropost. I assume it affects other skyboxes as well.

Happening with both Aeropost and Websource for me for certain items, while other items seem to be allowed (all items in question are shipped and sold by Amazon).

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 13th, 2020, 1:36 pm

That only happens for certain items

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » October 13th, 2020, 3:26 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:Prime day related?
dredman1 wrote:

Not sure, but I actually encountered it yesterday

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”