TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3293 cases, 57 deaths, 2426 active, 810 discharged in T&T

Postby Dohplaydat » September 16th, 2020, 8:35 pm

sMASH wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
sMASH wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:If it reaches the figure I was told about (mentioned the same via pm to two other tuners) then I'd explain. The two other tuners might take front before me. The figure im looking at ranges between 15-20.

I didnt give the entire story here because allyuh wouldnt accept it just so nah...so easy easy Id give away

things cant be that bad, cause they green lit carnival. we good to go...

When did they green light carnival?

probably before this community spread- but ent by now u would have had band launches?

i think this is d latest

https://newsday.co.tt/2020/08/21/carnival-2021-in-wait-and-see-mode/
Only saw this today, so thought it was recent.

I now seeing the the date. It's since June...

Sry.
FB_IMG_1600302273487.jpeg

I'm in a number of Carnival WhatsApp groups and no one said anything. Last I've heard was a recommendation for a delayed festival in April/May but no one knows when is the right time until we have a vaccine available..... Might be safer to say to July 2021.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3293 cases, 57 deaths, 2426 active, 810 discharged in T&T

Postby maj. tom » September 16th, 2020, 8:35 pm

So the 25 year old woman bears no responsibility for bringing the virus into the home and infecting her own family then? We still living in Disney la-la land? She just had to go out to an underground party and get the vibes right? This is part of learning to live with the virus. The consequences of irresponsible, deadly action, no different than drinking and driving or not vaccinating your children and watching them get sick and die.

Deyalsingh was just repeating what the mother had said. Let it ring in allyuh ears. The virus may not affect you, but it has consequences to others in your own house. Learn to live with it forever party girl.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » September 16th, 2020, 8:48 pm

maj. tom wrote:So the 25 year old woman bears no responsibility for bringing the virus into the home and infecting her own family then?
We still living in Disney lala land right? She just had to go out to an underground party and get the vibes right? This is part of learning to live with the virus. The consequences of irresponsible, deadly action, no different than drinking and driving.

Deyalsingh was just repeating what the mother had said. Let it ring in allyuh ears. The virus may not affect you, but it has consequences to others in your own house. Learn to live with it forever party girl.

Deyalsingh should not have repeated it. Any public health official that makes a statement like that deserves to be sanctioned for unprofessional conduct.

The issue of persons contracting the virus from family members is very real. The guilt associated with deaths is very real. This not only happens to "party girls" and it could happen to you too. What the MoH is repeating is a big friggin deal even if you don't realize it.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » September 16th, 2020, 9:36 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
maj. tom wrote:So the 25 year old woman bears no responsibility for bringing the virus into the home and infecting her own family then?
We still living in Disney lala land right? She just had to go out to an underground party and get the vibes right? This is part of learning to live with the virus. The consequences of irresponsible, deadly action, no different than drinking and driving.

Deyalsingh should not have repeated it. Any public health official that makes a statement like that deserves to be sanctioned for unprofessional conduct.

The issue of persons contracting the virus from family members is very real. The guilt associated with deaths is very real. This not only happens to "party girls" and it could happen to you too. What the MoH is repeating is a big friggin deal even if you don't realize it.

Snowflake much?

Right now everyone needs a slap in the face because is business as usual out there and constant attempts to find ways to circumvent our already woefully inadequate regulations.

Penguin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Penguin » September 16th, 2020, 9:37 pm

Honestly to blame people for infecting their family is low class behaviour. I've watched countless international news media and not one single person in power blamed an individual for infecting their family.

That said, we've had mandatory masks for two weeks now. Yet cases are not dropping! What is happening to us? Where are people getting the virus from? Most of us just going work, grocery.

How is it that the rest of the Caribbean is containing it so well with their borders open!?

I'm so confused.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » September 16th, 2020, 9:42 pm

Strugglerzinc wrote:Snowflake much?

not at all, sweet summer child.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3223 cases, 56 deaths, 2369 active, 798 discharged in T&T

Postby Numb3r4 » September 16th, 2020, 9:44 pm

death365 wrote:ok - so reality time

social distancing not working ; mask not working; wash or sanitize your hands not working ... if they were the spread ALL over the world would not be so fast.

lockdowns not working either ,

so whats next ???

ps. dont tell me about people not doing it thats why... cause its happening all over the world. even more disciplined countries and cultures having the same issues

COVID-19: Nature's Revenge: A Culling of The Herd

assassin
Shifting into 6th

Postby assassin » September 16th, 2020, 9:50 pm

Deyalsingh should put the 25yo's mom to head his epi team if she contact traced her daughter and identified the point of infection.

Should he as MOH be sharing an anecdote with such conviction?
maj. tom wrote:So the 25 year old woman bears no responsibility for bringing the virus into the home and infecting her own family then? We still living in Disney la-la land? She just had to go out to an underground party and get the vibes right? This is part of learning to live with the virus. The consequences of irresponsible, deadly action, no different than drinking and driving or not vaccinating your children and watching them get sick and die.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » September 16th, 2020, 10:01 pm

Penguin wrote:Honestly to blame people for infecting their family is low class behaviour. I've watched countless international news media and not one single person in power blamed an individual for infecting their family.

That said, we've had mandatory masks for two weeks now. Yet cases are not dropping! What is happening to us? Where are people getting the virus from? Most of us just going work, grocery.

How is it that the rest of the Caribbean is containing it so well with their borders open!?

I'm so confused.

They probably have elections coming up soon ... :lol:

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » September 16th, 2020, 10:02 pm

Penguin wrote:Honestly to blame people for infecting their family is low class behaviour. I've watched countless international news media and not one single person in power blamed an individual for infecting their family.

I'm so confused.

They probably have elections coming up soon ... :lol:

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 16th, 2020, 10:03 pm

Deyalsingh's seems only to be able to handle artificially low, manipulated Covid-19 figures. His constant harping about people to the point of being personal, is overbearing and turning off a lot of people. Don't get me wrong, a good bouff now and then is what some need, but he has to realize that not everyone responds the same. If you want buy-in you've got to throw in some praise when you see people doing the correct thing.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » September 16th, 2020, 10:57 pm

De Dragon wrote:Deyalsingh's seems only to be able to handle artificially low, manipulated Covid-19 figures. His constant harping about people to the point of being personal, is overbearing and turning off a lot of people. Don't get me wrong, a good bouff now and then is what some need, but he has to realize that not everyone responds the same. If you want buy-in you've got to throw in some praise when you see people doing the correct thing.

They can't blame themselves so they would blame everybody else... its your fault and my fault that COVID out of control, not the Govt fault, they did a stellar job managing COVID.... or should I say managing the COVID "numbers" pre election.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Laptop or Desktop for kids Zoom sessions ??

Postby ruffneck_12 » September 16th, 2020, 11:16 pm

This is some rel dystopian sheit

Covid not that dangerous tbh. Kids need socialization. Just let everyone get it and create herd immunity.

Social Engineering.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3327 cases, 58 deaths, 2459 active, 810 discharged in T&T

Postby maj. tom » September 17th, 2020, 12:03 am

CDC director says masks more guaranteed to work than a vaccine

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director Robert Redfield said Wednesday that wearing a mask is more guaranteed to protect someone from the coronavirus than taking a vaccine.

Redfield, speaking at a Senate hearing, emphasized the importance of wearing masks, noting that an eventual vaccine is not expected to work in 100 percent of people, and might only work in, say, 70 percent. But a mask is guaranteed to offer at least some protection for all wearers, he added, though it is far from total protection.

"We have clear scientific evidence they work, I might even go so far as to say that this face mask is more guaranteed to protect me against COVID than when I take a COVID vaccine, because the immunogenicity may be 70 percent and if I don't get an immune response, the vaccine's not going to protect me, this face mask will," Redfield said.

"These face masks are the most important, powerful public health tool we have, and I will continue to appeal for all Americans to embrace these face coverings, if we did it for six, eight, 10, 12 weeks we'd bring this pandemic under control," Redfield said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/516686-cdc-director-says-masks-more-guaranteed-to-work-than-a-vaccine

sMASH
TunerGod

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3327 cases, 58 deaths, 2459 active, 810 discharged in T&T

Postby sMASH » September 17th, 2020, 5:48 am

maj. tom wrote:
CDC director says masks more guaranteed to work than a vaccine

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director Robert Redfield said Wednesday that wearing a mask is more guaranteed to protect someone from the coronavirus than taking a vaccine.

Redfield, speaking at a Senate hearing, emphasized the importance of wearing masks, noting that an eventual vaccine is not expected to work in 100 percent of people, and might only work in, say, 70 percent. But a mask is guaranteed to offer at least some protection for all wearers, he added, though it is far from total protection.

"We have clear scientific evidence they work, I might even go so far as to say that this face mask is more guaranteed to protect me against COVID than when I take a COVID vaccine, because the immunogenicity may be 70 percent and if I don't get an immune response, the vaccine's not going to protect me, this face mask will," Redfield said.

"These face masks are the most important, powerful public health tool we have, and I will continue to appeal for all Americans to embrace these face coverings, if we did it for six, eight, 10, 12 weeks we'd bring this pandemic under control," Redfield said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/516686-cdc-director-says-masks-more-guaranteed-to-work-than-a-vaccine

a vaccine that will offer 70% or even 50% effectiveness is better odds than "at least some protection" .
masks dont eliminate projection of viral particles, it merely reduced the range it projects to around the wearer.
yes, the fibers trap the droplets that the virus is transported in, but in time... short time, those droplets will evaporate, and then its just the virus cell on the fibers. and the exhalation pressure will push it through to the other side.
a simple non n95 cloth mask will allow the virus to spread after 20 mins of use. it will become contaminated and saturated with the viral particles. u will need to change masks after that duration of wear... but, how many persons do that?

but, that is not a problem, cause we should encourage slow asymptomatic spread.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 17th, 2020, 5:51 am

De Dragon wrote:Deyalsingh's seems only to be able to handle artificially low, manipulated Covid-19 figures. His constant harping about people to the point of being personal, is overbearing and turning off a lot of people. Don't get me wrong, a good bouff now and then is what some need, but he has to realize that not everyone responds the same. If you want buy-in you've got to throw in some praise when you see people doing the correct thing.

they talk one setta nonsense and got that mandate renewed. if that's what the people want, then shovel it on!

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 17th, 2020, 5:58 am

maj. tom wrote:So the 25 year old woman bears no responsibility for bringing the virus into the home and infecting her own family then? We still living in Disney la-la land? She just had to go out to an underground party and get the vibes right? This is part of learning to live with the virus. The consequences of irresponsible, deadly action, no different than drinking and driving or not vaccinating your children and watching them get sick and die.

the party she had gone was a campaign rally.
the reckless people bear some responsibility in transporting the virus. the govt bears some responsibility in sanctioning superspread activities. when they acknowledge and accept blame for calling elections at a wrong time, then they can be justified in blaming ethel for going party.

1 month after elections was announced, the vast majority of those cases and deaths would be squarely due to election activities

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 17th, 2020, 7:05 am

sMASH wrote:

the party she had gone was a campaign rally.
the reckless people bear some responsibility in transporting the virus. the govt bears some responsibility in sanctioning superspread activities. when they acknowledge and accept blame for calling elections at a wrong time, then they can be justified in blaming ethel for going party.

1 month after elections was announced, the vast majority of those cases and deaths would be squarely due to election activities

Note that Deyalsingh eh bouff JUHN Scarfy when he was left foot, right foot dotishing among mask less jammed up together PNM supporters, leading to him having to self quarantine.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 17th, 2020, 8:15 am

And the con job continues

Stupid country filled with stupid PNM people

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 17th, 2020, 10:59 am

no update this morning?

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » September 17th, 2020, 11:22 am

7 new cases this morning.. 222 tests from yesterday morning. Weren't they promising to be able to analyse 600-1200 tests a day by now?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 17th, 2020, 11:34 am

9 more. i see they including ppl recovered & discharged from home quarantine (community cases)

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 17th, 2020, 12:11 pm

September 17th, 2020
MEDIA RELEASE
CoP: TTPS to monitor Covid-19 positive patients
Commissioner of Police, Gary Griffith, has advised that the TTPS, through the 85 Emergency Response Patrol (ERP) vehicles and other patrols in all nine Divisions, will be monitoring persons who have been placed in home quarantine, especially those who have been tested positive for the Covid-19 virus.
The CoP said it has come to the attention of the TTPS that persons who have tested positive for the virus and placed in home quarantine, have been breaking the Public Health Ordinance Regulations. He pointed out that there were reports of Covid-19 positive patients leaving their homes and going out, either to supermarkets, pharmacies, shops, gas stations, and restaurants. He said there are also reports that some of these patients have been entertaining family and friends at their homes, although they were advised to stay in isolation.
Commissioner Griffith noted that it is an offence under the Quarantine Act to break quarantine and this carries a fine of $6,000 or six months in prison. He pointed out that several persons have already been charged with breaching the Quarantine Act.
As a result of the reports received, the CoP said the TTPS will monitor the homes of the patients, based on the listing providing by the Ministry of Health. He said the ERP officers will pay close attention to these patients in all nine Police Divisions. The police officers will visit the homes. The patient will come out with his/her mask, identify himself/herself, and then go back indoors. The officers will not be going into the homes. The CoP said this initiative is meant to curtail community spread. So far, more than 2,100 Covid-19 positive patients are in-home quarantine. This does not include those who are in quarantine awaiting results, having been a primary or secondary contact.
Similar patrols, which are being carried out in major countries, including North America and Europe, have proven to be an effective deterrent in keeping persons in quarantine.
Corporate Communications Unit
September 17th, 2020
END

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » September 17th, 2020, 1:04 pm

Did anyone expect any differently?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 17th, 2020, 2:04 pm

This is the height of emperor new clothes. Everybody know is nonsense pnm on, but glad to go along with it cause is we time now.... Again...

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » September 17th, 2020, 6:04 pm

2 more deaths (1 elderly male & 1 elderly female) and 98 cases

FB_IMG_1600380185246.jpeg
FB_IMG_1600380188976.jpeg

Penguin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Penguin » September 17th, 2020, 6:16 pm

Cases going down the mask laws working good

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 17th, 2020, 6:27 pm

Lmao^

That's 10

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3434 cases, 60 deaths, 1905 active, 855 discharged in T&T

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 18th, 2020, 5:17 am

Just imagine there was an 80 year old patient in UNCLE SAM who spent 81 days on a ventilator and survived. He was released yesterday.

In trinidad, if they find you taking longer than a week(off to a next life for you). As far as I was told (very reliable) once you start on a ventilator it is NOT supposed to come off until you showing good signs of improvement...

THAT IS NOT HAPPENING HERE

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3434 cases, 60 deaths, 1905 active, 855 discharged in T&T

Postby Kenjo » September 18th, 2020, 5:47 am

They really just need to risk it all with patient confidentiality and let the public know the full medical history . The anecdotal stories could be a 1 in 10000 if we going to talk about 81 year olds in the USA

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”