TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 2892 cases, 50 deaths, 2076 active, 766 discharged in T&T

Postby elec2020 » September 12th, 2020, 3:09 pm

Kenjo wrote:
elec2020 wrote:What that make no sense. Its equivalent to me starving for food while throwing away a gourment meal in a bin.

There has been a talk all the time that people feel great with this disease then suddenly decompensated. Older folks with hypertension, diabetes and previous heart attack aren’t in the great shape as we think . They might seem like they are going about their normal day to day duties but they can’t properly walk up a flight of stairs

Ok. There may be some truth to that. But just how u could find a way to fine people for not wearing masks u can't find a way to fine them for coming off the ventillator?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 2892 cases, 50 deaths, 2076 active, 766 discharged in T&T

Postby Dave » September 12th, 2020, 3:09 pm

October 11 is the next decision timeline

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 2825 cases, 50 deaths, 2013 active, 762 discharged in T&T

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 12th, 2020, 3:16 pm

[quote="shake d livin wake d dead"]Id be surprised if the PM says bars, restaurants etc are to be closed for the next 2 weeks. The gut feeling is to continue the same motion for another 2 week period and learn to live with the virus. Shrugs shoulders

Spot on

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » September 12th, 2020, 3:22 pm

Kenjo wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:So we victim blaming now?? Lehme translate it for allyuh... we do not have the euipment to keep everyone satisfied so we make a decision based on how you looking and give it to someone else...

Earlier this week I told you all about this

You are correct , everyone has to understand it’s multifactorial for this disease . A lot of studies and treatment recommendations are out there in the world . The treatment successes hopefully aren’t too bias only towards the healthier people. But telling someone to keep in their oxygen isn’t victim blaming .

It is 100% victim blaming. Are you aware that at that point in the disease course, oxygen does nothing because your lungs can no longer absorb Oxygen. That is when ICU is needed. Also, at that point the victim can be experiencing delirium, extreme discomfort.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » September 12th, 2020, 3:38 pm

elec2020 wrote:
Kenjo wrote:
elec2020 wrote:What that make no sense. Its equivalent to me starving for food while throwing away a gourment meal in a bin.

There has been a talk all the time that people feel great with this disease then suddenly decompensated. Older folks with hypertension, diabetes and previous heart attack aren’t in the great shape as we think . They might seem like they are going about their normal day to day duties but they can’t properly walk up a flight of stairs

Ok. There may be some truth to that. But just how u could find a way to fine people for not wearing masks u can't find a way to fine them for coming off the ventillator?

Fine them? You die ..... that’s the punishment.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » September 12th, 2020, 3:45 pm

As in why have they not formed a detterent for those who not using the ventillator. If they saying that that is the cause behind the rise in deaths.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » September 12th, 2020, 3:49 pm

elec2020 wrote:As in why have they not formed a detterent for those who not using the ventillator. If they saying that that is the cause behind the rise in deaths.

Uh wot?

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » September 12th, 2020, 3:57 pm

Bubble= dome

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 12th, 2020, 3:59 pm

wing wrote:
rebound wrote:Agreed. From the moment I saw the effects of this virus worldwide, I took responsibility for me and my familys health..

Whoever waiting for the government to tell them when to protect themselves are fools.
maj. tom wrote:I don't know why they playing with the numbers. This isn't something to be playing politics and popularity games with. Public Health should just be what it is, and reported as the truth. Let the nation deal with the reality of this virus.
That's what I've been thinking and telling people. It makes no sense to be quibbling over who hiding what or who lying or who is pnm or whatever..... protect yourself and your loved ones and especially the vulnerable ones. Assume the worst....

Quibbling? Really?
The GORTT now reached victim blaming :? . What else do you need before you at least say something? Is "quibbling" and holding YOUR elected representatives accountable, and "protect(ing) yourself and your loved ones and especially the vulnerable ones" mutually exclusive? :? :?

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » September 12th, 2020, 4:01 pm

I think everyone including in their own homes should wear masks. I remember the PM saying act like if we have it.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » September 12th, 2020, 4:11 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
elec2020 wrote:As in why have they not formed a detterent for those who not using the ventillator. If they saying that that is the cause behind the rise in deaths.

Uh wot?

To break it down further. An earlier comment stated that a member of the 'COVID team' said that the rise in deaths was because people were coming off the ventillator. My comment is teying to highlight that that is nonsense. As, if they could make fines to ensure people keep their masks on why can't they do the same for ventillators. In other words u create a detterent to ensure people stay on the ventillators.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » September 12th, 2020, 4:34 pm

elec2020 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

Uh wot?

To break it down further. An earlier comment stated that a member of the 'COVID team' said that the rise in deaths was because people were coming off the ventillator. My comment is teying to highlight that that is nonsense. As, if they could make fines to ensure people keep their masks on why can't they do the same for ventillators. In other words u create a detterent to ensure people stay on the ventillators.

This was sarcasm right bro?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 12th, 2020, 4:45 pm

De Dragon wrote:
wing wrote:
rebound wrote:Agreed. From the moment I saw the effects of this virus worldwide, I took responsibility for me and my familys health..

Whoever waiting for the government to tell them when to protect themselves are fools.
maj. tom wrote:I don't know why they playing with the numbers. This isn't something to be playing politics and popularity games with. Public Health should just be what it is, and reported as the truth. Let the nation deal with the reality of this virus.
That's what I've been thinking and telling people. It makes no sense to be quibbling over who hiding what or who lying or who is pnm or whatever..... protect yourself and your loved ones and especially the vulnerable ones. Assume the worst....

Quibbling? Really?
The GORTT now reached victim blaming :? . What else do you need before you at least say something? Is "quibbling" and holding YOUR elected representatives accountable, and "protect(ing) yourself and your loved ones and especially the vulnerable ones" mutually exclusive? :? :?

i hope they know the public cloth masks only prevent a person from spreading it widely as opposed to providing protection to the wearer. all the sanitizing and distancing decreases the chances of contracting it. what works better is when more people do those same things. the president acknowledged corona virus since janurary. its only till august did the govt put strict enforceable measures in place. the govt made accessing social assistance mass gathering activities, up till this day. the govt permitted the mass gathering activity of carnival, the activity of election campaigning, the activity of elections it self.
they let the borders remain porous for the illegals to enter. they need to beef up the patrols to reduce the unchecked virus vectors.
u can do ur part, but the govt has the larger part of steering the people, and they utterly failed.
despite their failings we as a country was on a good path before the elections. if they had not called elections, we would not have suffered so many new casualties. the curve would have remained mild.

if u keep letting people abdicate thier responsibilities, and intentionally make wrong calls, u will be getting what ur looking for.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » September 12th, 2020, 4:55 pm

sMASH wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
wing wrote:

Quibbling? Really?

i hope they know the public cloth masks only prevent a person from spreading it widely as opposed to providing protection to the wearer. all the sanitizing and distancing decreases the chances of contracting it. what works better is when more people do those same things. the president acknowledged corona virus since janurary. its only till august did the govt put strict enforceable measures in place. the govt made accessing social assistance mass gathering activities, up till this day. the govt permitted the mass gathering activity of carnival, the activity of election campaigning, the activity of elections it self.
they let the borders remain porous for the illegals to enter. they need to beef up the patrols to reduce the unchecked virus vectors.
u can do ur part, but the govt has the larger part of steering the people, and they utterly failed.
despite their failings we as a country was on a good path before the elections. if they had not called elections, we would not have suffered so many new casualties. the curve would have remained mild.

if u keep letting people abdicate thier responsibilities, and intentionally make wrong calls, u will be getting what ur looking for.

PNM can do no wrong. How dare us plebs question them.

Btw anyone notice Dr. Hinds, who went Cambridge, has been basically saying for a month now we on a downward trajectory. It's funny how these people don't lose their jobs.

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » September 12th, 2020, 5:15 pm

I think that is his job. To just keep saying it on a downward trend.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 12th, 2020, 5:47 pm

ST Auto wrote:Throtman now say some of the ppl that died from covid died cz they take off their own oxygen. Wtmc I hearing

Well,

If Trinis want to be irresponsible and play with other people’s lives...

Then i guess they can also play with theirs.

The Oxygen equipment was probably uncomfortable for them.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » September 12th, 2020, 5:49 pm

ICYMI

Key Points From Prime Minister, Dr. Keith Rowley’s Press Conference – Saturday 12th September 2020

- Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley, announced that in order to see a desirable reduction in Covid-19 cases, the restrictions and measures implemented a month ago will continue for another month to October 11th. The only difference this time, is that all Public Service workers that are required to work on the budget are now deemed essential and have to go in to work.

- The Prime Minister also stated that firm and sustained law enforcement is expected for those who insist on breaching the public health regulations, the law will be applied to every person regardless of race, creed, class or social standing.

- Prime Minister Rowley announced that to defend against further spread of the virus, the borders of T&T will remain closed. He also indicated that a map of how people can be seated in maxi taxis has been made, which will allow them to accommodate 65% passenger capacity.

- The Prime Minister declared that the Covid-19 virus has cost the country’s economy about 10 Billion dollars.

- Thoracic Medical Director at Caura Hospital, Dr Michelle Trotman indicated that some Covid-19 patients that have trouble breathing are prescribed oxygen, feel better and then take it off. Dr Trotman stated that this action can and has led to deaths locally because of silent Hypoxia. She said that once the doctor prescribes oxygen it should be used for the entire duration.

- Minister of Health Terrence Deyalsingh, when answering a question regarding death statistics, indicated that over 90% of the patients that have died were over 60 years of age with co-morbidities. Dr. Trotman followed up on this by stating these patients commonly present with co-morbidities like hypertension, diabetes and obesity.

- Minister of National Security Stuart Young stated that The TTPS can intervene in ANY circumstance that poses a threat to public safety, regardless of it occurring in public or private settings.

- Minister Young declared that there has never been confirmation that the 2nd wave of Covid-19 was the result of illegal immigration. He went on to say that all resources available to border security have been deployed to maintain it.

- The National Security Minister also provided information that 259 tickets have been issued for non-compliance with mask regulations so far.

- Minister Young made an announcement that all permanent residents of T&T that have been stuck outside of the country will be granted amnesty of sorts and will not have their residency revoked.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 12th, 2020, 6:00 pm

why he ain’t tell gg to enforce the laws in bayside

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 12th, 2020, 6:17 pm

total 168 for day and 1 ded

ron_28
Sweet on this forum

Postby ron_28 » September 12th, 2020, 6:19 pm

Additional death
101 more positive
Attachments
SmartSelect_20200912-181836_Instagram.jpg

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 12th, 2020, 6:22 pm

it’s embarrassing and glaringly obvious that they cooking up their own crap with their graphs instead of using the regular total cases graphs that the entire world uses.

media should be taking them to task for this

Dohplaydat wrote:Btw anyone notice Dr. Hinds, who went Cambridge, has been basically saying for a month now we on a downward trajectory. It's funny how these people don't lose their jobs.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 12th, 2020, 6:24 pm

Allyuh feel I was only on kix when I tell allyuh that fine for not wearing masks was primarily to make $$. they pull in quarter million in fines in what, 2 weeks? They sharpening their teeth in a corner quietly.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » September 12th, 2020, 6:28 pm

ron_28 wrote:Additional death
101 more positive

Wda downward trajectory my ass.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » September 12th, 2020, 6:29 pm

But last weekend it was like under 60. Wonder what changed. Liard 4ks

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 12th, 2020, 6:57 pm

Ah hearing summn....paging "the honourable" to find out as well

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » September 12th, 2020, 7:05 pm

pugboy wrote:it’s embarrassing and glaringly obvious that they cooking up their own crap with their graphs instead of using the regular total cases graphs that the entire world uses.

media should be taking them to task for this

Dohplaydat wrote:Btw anyone notice Dr. Hinds, who went Cambridge, has been basically saying for a month now we on a downward trajectory. It's funny how these people don't lose their jobs.

They give us a high/increasing figure daily (not a daily figure) then proceed to tell us they using something different and those different figures show a decrease.

If that isn't Trumpian levels of bull sheit I don't know what is. Cooking the books for that WHO report.

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » September 12th, 2020, 7:08 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Ah hearing summn....paging "the honourable" to find out as well

We waiting...

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 12th, 2020, 7:49 pm

goalpost wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Ah hearing summn....paging "the honourable" to find out as well

We waiting...

Sounding like bs to me...so id leave it like that

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 12th, 2020, 7:51 pm

Projections show a downward trend for new infections followed by increases at the end of October. Image
Last edited by adnj on September 12th, 2020, 7:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » September 12th, 2020, 8:00 pm

adnj wrote:........Image

Honestly Dr. Hinds should be removed from this Covid team, he had mishandled and supposedly ill-advised everyone. He continues to lie with his graphs and I did check past recordings, literally every time he's been on air he had said we're in a downward trend. I've seen projections made on 2nr by guys like Frank Chan and Rajeev that predicted the trend we're seeing. These guys got it right, what is wrong with Avery?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”