TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 2040 cases, 31 deaths, 1302 active, 707 discharged in T&T

Postby pugboy » September 5th, 2020, 10:28 am

a good tv6 survey vid
the only thing it missed was how many vene babies bawning here

K74T
TunerGod

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 2040 cases, 31 deaths, 1302 active, 707 discharged in T&T

Postby K74T » September 5th, 2020, 10:32 am

Another male death and 102+ cases

FB_IMG_1599316266833.jpeg
FB_IMG_1599316262982.jpeg

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » September 5th, 2020, 10:35 am

102 cases? But but the super spreader bars and gyms closed. The curve was flattening

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 5th, 2020, 10:35 am

88sins wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
j.o.e wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
j.o.e wrote:
MaxPower wrote:Friends,

Does Jamaica have any issues with illegal immigrants?

But yeh, im sure they are not blaming Venezuelans for community spread.

Get your act together Trinis, make a difference.

Jamaica’s borders are open and have been for awhile. I have several business interests there. Stop grasping at a completely different situation for comparison

Hello j.o.e,

Are you aware of Jamaica’s quarantine orders for anyone entering?

It’s the exact situation for direct comparison.

Don’t be fooled with T&T’s “closed borders”......MANY citizens were allowed in so its exactly as if the borders were open.

Trinis are breaching the quarantine orders and are the main reason for community spread.

It is NOT the same. They stopped state quarantining a long time ago. We only recently stopped because of the spike. When you close your borders and have illegal immigrants you cannot deny that they are a source of infection. Give up on trying to pretend they are not a problem.
Venezuela is a failed society, there is a reason they are risking coming here. The Venezuelans coming are not the upstanding citizens you would like to pretend they are.
The worst parts of Trinidad are a dream compared to their slums.

Where is the proof/evidence of illegals entering?

As far as i know there were only a few boats that were intercepted.

How many are coming here daily?

Where are the “he say she say” getting their info from? If they claim to “know”, then why isnt it being stopped?

How do you know that the Venezuelans coming here are not upstanding citizens?

It is quite obvious that the majority of Venezuelans are outright outperforming locals.

We can discuss this in my Venezuelan thread if you like, so as to not clutter this one.

If not, it was a pleasure chatting as always, j.o.e.

YOUR venezuelan thread :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
anyway , look the answer to your question. I kno reading isn't sumn you good at, so follow the link, watch the short video, & listen.

https://www.tv6tnt.com/news/7pmnews/no- ... ccd2e.html

Reek,

On the road, will check it shortly and have a response for you by today.

Thank you

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 5th, 2020, 10:42 am

big number today

ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby ST Auto » September 5th, 2020, 10:44 am

Am in which country? Lolol
elec2020 wrote:102 cases? But but the super spreader bars and gyms closed. The curve was flattening

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » September 5th, 2020, 10:53 am

pugboy wrote:big number today

It will continue :roll: :roll:

There is NO WAY to stop the spread ..

It's contagious . And ole people in Trini NOT healthy :( :(

Now people do you see how you were manipulated ?

Do the numbers ( the math , the stats ) :D :D

August 10 - Sept 5 the "numbers" reach approx., 2,000

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 5th, 2020, 11:16 am

adnj wrote:
jhonnieblue wrote:Shakes what's the total capacity of ICU?

Seeing as it hasn't changed number in days. It amazing how this govt pulled a trump and controlled the flow of information and people actually believe it
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Seeing that allyuh guessing and MOH not telling allyuh nothing. ICU is now filled to capacity. There are patients who supposed to be in ICU and they are in regular rooms on ventilators.

My persons have said f$%÷ that gag order. Who vex vex. Population needs to know how serious this thing is because people playing the arse

ICU capacity usage is projected to begin relaxing.Image

How can someone say who/ when ICU is going to become relaxed??

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 5th, 2020, 11:32 am

It's called wishful thinking

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 5th, 2020, 11:35 am

88sins wrote:It's called wishful thinking

E bounce

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » September 5th, 2020, 11:38 am

ST Auto wrote:Am in which country? Lolol
elec2020 wrote:102 cases? But but the super spreader bars and gyms closed. The curve was flattening

Steupse. The government making it seem like is bars, gyms, cinemas that causing the virus to spread. And the sheep them drinking it up.

ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby ST Auto » September 5th, 2020, 11:41 am

Government’s Liberalised Exemption Policy moving forward:

The policy for exemptions for citizens will be applied in two categories- High/Medium risk countries and low risk countries.

The exemption policy:

Low risk:
1. Should not be in a high-risk or medium-risk country 14 Days prior to entry.
2. Citizen must produce a negative PCR test for 72 hours before.
3. Citizen must sign a form to quarantine at home for 14 Days on arrival.

High risk/medium category:

1. State quarantined for seven days after arrival into T&T.
2. You will be swabbed.
3. Once not positive, home quarantine for next 7 days.
4. If positive and not in need of hospitalizion, the CMO will decide on facilities to be transferred to.

Citizens who have been stuck abroad when borders closed will be given first priority.

Total exemptions granted by September 4, 2020- 3563.

#TTCovid19Response

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » September 5th, 2020, 11:57 am

:evilbat:

elec2020 wrote:

Steupse. The government making it seem like is bars, gyms, cinemas that causing the virus to spread. And the sheep them drinking it up.

I have to agree with you, finally, lol. Even though those environments are risky many many countries have had gyms, bars, restaurants and cinemas open and aren't experiencing a lot of cases. Once social distancing can be achieved and activities and people are sensible those activities can remain open.

E.g. beaches can easily be open even without mask wearing once large groups and co-mingling is discouraged.

Instead we're trapped at home and doing house limes (no masks).

A few days ago I had a meeting in IFC, no one except an elderly gentleman was wearing masks in the office. Dozens of people working on the same floor too.

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 2142 cases, 32 deaths, 1393 active, 717 discharged in T&T

Postby pugboy » September 5th, 2020, 12:07 pm

but if one of them office workers is positive it will be spread in that office easily

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 2142 cases, 32 deaths, 1393 active, 717 discharged in T&T

Postby screwbash » September 5th, 2020, 12:46 pm

Under the Occupational Health and Safety Act Chap. 88:08 employers must provide a safe and healthy work environment, protective clothing and equipment at no extra cost, and adequate training and supervision. Employees can refuse to work in unsafe environments. The Act covers both public sector and private sector employees.

so covid makes the work place unsafe especially if others have been tested positive in the same work place example in NFM who has 14 cases according to the newspaper, if the employer cannot provide mask, gloves, sanitizer, etc then the workers can down tools ?

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » September 5th, 2020, 2:00 pm

I am now assuming a domestic infected load of not less than 20,000 to govern my behavior.
Without any doubt, when I have to be outside, the assumption is I will cross paths with at least 1 infected person.
Hopefully these assumptions will help keep me focused on doing the right things.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 5th, 2020, 2:09 pm

ST Auto wrote:Government’s Liberalised Exemption Policy moving forward:

The policy for exemptions for citizens will be applied in two categories- High/Medium risk countries and low risk countries.

The exemption policy:

Low risk:
1. Should not be in a high-risk or medium-risk country 14 Days prior to entry.
2. Citizen must produce a negative PCR test for 72 hours before.
3. Citizen must sign a form to quarantine at home for 14 Days on arrival.

High risk/medium category:

1. State quarantined for seven days after arrival into T&T.
2. You will be swabbed.
3. Once not positive, home quarantine for next 7 days.
4. If positive and not in need of hospitalizion, the CMO will decide on facilities to be transferred to.

Citizens who have been stuck abroad when borders closed will be given first priority.

Total exemptions granted by September 4, 2020- 3563.

#TTCovid19Response
Young will see a car coming to bounce him and dive out the way hours after it bounce him.... This procedure is a day late and a dollar short.

Afyrt he stress out the people and make them use up their monies, he now making it simpler to get in.

He is another pnm cnut.

But we vote for dat. If it be thine will.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 5th, 2020, 2:24 pm

he been missing in action a couple months well

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 5th, 2020, 2:36 pm

I wonder how many of our citizens out there in foreign that this Government has made homeless and completely destitute in a foreign land with no help or quarter given. It's a deliberate evil to what they have done to our own people out there, begging to come home for months. And to what end? Was that sacrifice ever worth it, now knowing that they were wiping the sheit with the same hand when lying, manipulating and dealing with this crisis? Look where we are now. Sealing our borders so our own people couldn't get home... that decision helped in any way? But at the same time the border with Venezuela was never closed.

And the worst part is that the evil man who suffered our own citizens so much, will die peacefully and content, without any consequences. The arrogance is so abominable... and yet he was voted back in without blinking an eye.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 5th, 2020, 3:16 pm

They might as well just open back the airport and let nationals fly in as normal. We are in the community spread phase. They were lying before and saying if they brought back nationals things would have been bad. Our current problem didnt stem from the nationals that returned

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » September 5th, 2020, 3:38 pm

Dohplaydat wrote::evilbat:

elec2020 wrote:

I have to agree with you, finally, lol. Even though those environments are risky many many countries have had gyms, bars, restaurants and cinemas open and aren't experiencing a lot of cases. Once social distancing can be achieved and activities and people are sensible those activities can remain open.

E.g. beaches can easily be open even without mask wearing once large groups and co-mingling is discouraged.

Instead we're trapped at home and doing house limes (no masks).

A few days ago I had a meeting in IFC, no one except an elderly gentleman was wearing masks in the office. Dozens of people working on the same floor too.

Lol. It takes a crisis for people to agree. 2020 yes. The government is using the pandemic to prey on people's lack of critical thinking. The increase of the state's rile into our personal lives is only gonna bite us in the arse in the long run. They are making the public more dependent on them. And that is the wet dream of any politician as it ensures your rule for eons. What a shame.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » September 5th, 2020, 3:59 pm

September 5th, 2020
MEDIA RELEASE

32 Police Recruits test positive for Covid-19

Thirty-two police recruits attached to the Police Academy, St James, have tested positive for the Covid-19 virus.

One of the recruits had tested positive on August 25th, and another three days later. As a precaution, another 42 who were in direct contact with the two recruits, were immediately separated and sent to the University of the West Indies, St Augustine, and away from the other 143 recruits at the Academy.

Tests were conducted on the 42 recruits, with 32 returning positive and the other ten, negative. As a result, the 32 who tested positive have been removed to another part of the UWI campus, while the other ten remain in quarantine.

A decision has been made to test the remaining 143 recruits who are in training, as well as the instructors and other persons at the Academy. As a result, the proposed graduation on September 16th, and passing out of this batch of recruits seven days later, have been put been postponed indefinitely.

The TTPS, like many other front-line agencies, has been affected by the Covid-19 virus. Several police stations, including the Police Administration Building, had to be closed on several occasions to be sanitized after police officers contracted the virus. Several sections, branches, and units, were closed as the virus continue to affect police officers and civilian staff. As a result, the TTPS has had to stop certain services, such as Certificate of Character and Firearms applications.

All necessary protocols are in place for the safety of these officers. Despite the threat of Covid, police officers continue to carry out ALL duties, including road exercises and raids.

Corporate Communications Unit
September 5th, 2020

END

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » September 5th, 2020, 4:33 pm

During this time of great uncertainty, it has been very disappointing to see some of the reactions here to the sobering statistics recently. There seems to be a general sense of "glee" or "I told you so" which is tied to one's political beliefs. As far as I can tell, the coronavirus has not targeted PNM or UNC or Hispanic people exclusively. Even though this is just an ole talk forum and I really should not expect much in the way of intelligence, this forum represents a snapshot of people's thinking and it leaves a lot to be desired. I totally agree that the government has made mistakes, as have many citizens as well who have contributed to our predicament. I do not profess to be a person with a medical background, epidemiologist, statistician or government official, so my only recourse is to use common sense in interacting in the new world order in which we find ourselves.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 5th, 2020, 4:43 pm

govt didn’t make mistakes

they deliberately didn’t want to rile up ppl for elections eg when the extended bar drinking hours without a question

and well the bawders remain open with 25% of covid patients being venes

i won’t bother to go into the stingy testing either
a real faux pas there

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 5th, 2020, 4:53 pm

wing wrote:During this time of great uncertainty, it has been very disappointing to see some of the reactions here to the sobering statistics recently. There seems to be a general sense of "glee" or "I told you so" which is tied to one's political beliefs. As far as I can tell, the coronavirus has not targeted PNM or UNC or Hispanic people exclusively. Even though this is just an ole talk forum and I really should not expect much in the way of intelligence, this forum represents a snapshot of people's thinking and it leaves a lot to be desired. I totally agree that the government has made mistakes, as have many citizens as well who have contributed to our predicament. I do not profess to be a person with a medical background, epidemiologist, statistician or government official, so my only recourse is to use common sense in interacting in the new world order in which we find ourselves.
As far as u can tell? Did u get the sociodemography for thr covid victims?

Hoss, the only way u can fix a problem is by first acknowledging u have a problem and then identifying what that problem is.

It is typical PNM mentality to follow ostrich syndrome when u see an upcoming problem, then resort to 'this is not a ploticsl, ting is a trini problem, but all ah we is one' when the sheit hit the fan, and or we stating the source of the problem.

When the PNM ministers louding up the opposition supporters and people of the other side, where was the temperance against divisionist language then?

PNM cause this spike by calling elections so early. Some people cause some spread from bars and KFC and lining up for govt grants . But u can't fire the people, u can fire the govt that insisted on it launching super spreader activity.

Rock so! Take thsr broom and sweep out.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 5th, 2020, 5:50 pm

sMASH wrote:
wing wrote:During this time of great uncertainty, it has been very disappointing to see some of the reactions here to the sobering statistics recently. There seems to be a general sense of "glee" or "I told you so" which is tied to one's political beliefs. As far as I can tell, the coronavirus has not targeted PNM or UNC or Hispanic people exclusively. Even though this is just an ole talk forum and I really should not expect much in the way of intelligence, this forum represents a snapshot of people's thinking and it leaves a lot to be desired. I totally agree that the government has made mistakes, as have many citizens as well who have contributed to our predicament. I do not profess to be a person with a medical background, epidemiologist, statistician or government official, so my only recourse is to use common sense in interacting in the new world order in which we find ourselves.
As far as u can tell? Did u get the sociodemography for thr covid victims?

Hoss, the only way u can fix a problem is by first acknowledging u have a problem and then identifying what that problem is.

It is typical PNM mentality to follow ostrich syndrome when u see an upcoming problem, then resort to 'this is not a ploticsl, ting is a trini problem, but all ah we is one' when the sheit hit the fan, and or we stating the source of the problem.

When the PNM ministers louding up the opposition supporters and people of the other side, where was the temperance against divisionist language then?

PNM cause this spike by calling elections so early. Some people cause some spread from bars and KFC and lining up for govt grants . But u can't fire the people, u can fire the govt that insisted on it launching super spreader activity.

Rock so! Take thsr broom and sweep out.

The causes are more likely the opposite of your conclusion.

Closed indoor spaces, close personal proximity, speaking loudly or laughing, lack of masks, and spending more than 15 minutes next to another person are the key circumstances for enhanced respiratory virus spread.

Additionally, introducing aliens with no testing protocol or controls likely spread the virus to new, uninfected areas.

--------

"If you have any of the following in combination: indoors, crowded, closed spaces, without any sort of personal protective equipment like masks, which you're not going to have eating - I think those are all high-risk."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53273382

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 5th, 2020, 6:07 pm

cause u get the proximity and the lack of air circulation. but, all the while, u didnt get the kfc, office work, cars spreading it. its when u got the campaign start, that u started to see the numbers creep up. the ways in which people interacted for the campaigns, surpassed the stringent closed up spaces of an office.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 5th, 2020, 6:13 pm

88 this evening
190 day total ?

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » September 5th, 2020, 6:14 pm

Another elderly male death and 88+

FB_IMG_1599344029510.jpeg
FB_IMG_1599344033609.jpeg

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » September 5th, 2020, 6:15 pm

pugboy wrote:88 this evening
190 day total ?

:drinking:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”