TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1773 cases, 25 deaths, 1063 active, 685 discharged in T&T

Postby pugboy » September 1st, 2020, 6:42 pm

every other country in the world going they 2nd wave is ramping up testing big time
we are the only ones back squeezing on testing

i bet they also have stipulations that the private labs not allowed to release their own numbers

redmanjp wrote:so 2 ways to hide the true numbers without blatantly lieing:

1- limited testing
2- batching test results

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1773 cases, 25 deaths, 1063 active, 685 discharged in T&T

Postby aaron17 » September 1st, 2020, 6:52 pm

I eh cater for communist ..i didnt look for that.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 1st, 2020, 6:53 pm

are they at least using steroids or something in that ICU? i mean yes there isn't any approved treatment for the virus itself but can't they not treat symptoms?

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » September 1st, 2020, 6:59 pm

Can't have a second wave if yous still haven't processed all the cases from the first.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » September 1st, 2020, 7:06 pm

redmanjp wrote:are they at least using steroids or something in that ICU? i mean yes there isn't any approved treatment for the virus itself but can't they not treat symptoms?

Have a read:

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines. ... osteroids/

Recommendations for Patients with COVID-19
On the basis of the preliminary report from the RECOVERY trial, the COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel (the Panel) recommends using dexamethasone 6 mg per day for up to 10 days or until hospital discharge, whichever comes first, for the treatment of COVID-19 in hospitalized patients who are mechanically ventilated (AI) and in hospitalized patients who require supplemental oxygen but who are not mechanically ventilated (BI).
The Panel recommends against using dexamethasone for the treatment of COVID-19 in patients who do not require supplemental oxygen (AI).
If dexamethasone is not available, the Panel recommends using alternative glucocorticoids such as prednisone, methylprednisolone, or hydrocortisone (see Additional Considerations below for dosing recommendations) (AIII).

However in some cases steroids can harm the patient which is why they need to test to see if the patient will respond to it.

As with this article:
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/cor ... -treatment

A blood test may show which COVID-19 patients steroids will help — or harm
Treatment timing can dramatically lower risk of death or needing a ventilator, or raise it

A cheap and easy blood test for inflammation may help determine which COVID-19 patients will benefit from getting steroids.

It is clear that steroids doesn't help everyone and to determine who it helps requires testing? It begs the question are we or can we test?

From the Article:

Among 1,806 patients in the study admitted to Montefiore’s four hospitals from March 11 to April 13, 140 were prescribed steroids. In 198 patients with levels of C-reactive protein of 20 milligrams per deciliter of blood or higher, steroid use reduced the chance of going a ventilator or dying by 77 percent, compared with those not taking the drugs. But in people whose C-reactive protein levels were 10mg/dL or lower, steroids increased the chance of death or ventilation by 2.64 to 3.14 times compared with those not taking the drug.

“Steroids are not appropriate for all. It’s just as important to avoid giving steroids to the people who may be harmed as it is to give steroids that may benefit,” Southern says.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1797 cases, 27 deaths, 1085 active, 685 discharged in T&T

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 1st, 2020, 7:09 pm

Some people went from claiming the virus is a hoax and that masks are oppressive to now claiming the numbers are lies and are much higher

paid_influencer

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1797 cases, 27 deaths, 1085 active, 685 discharged in T&T

Postby paid_influencer » September 1st, 2020, 7:12 pm

i think the numbers doing what they suppose to

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Re: Face Mask Gives Migraines ?

Postby fokhan_96 » September 1st, 2020, 7:28 pm

Bro i don't think you should wear masks. No seriously, don't. Go about your day without masks. Go to the supermarket, go pricesmart and go to pos market without masks. Please do.
RedVEVO wrote:^^
This law needs to be appealed .

It's a "desperation Law."

Wearing face masks can cause headaches .

It also restricts the supply of your vital oxygen for a healthy person .

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1797 cases, 27 deaths, 1085 active, 685 discharged in T&T

Postby 2WNBoost » September 1st, 2020, 7:30 pm

Remember being on a ventilator is a last ditch effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paJjBylYsG8

Try to stay safe everyone

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 1st, 2020, 7:42 pm

What’s the latest with the 5g part of it ?

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Some people went from claiming the virus is a hoax and that masks are oppressive to now claiming the numbers are lies and are much higher

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 1st, 2020, 8:00 pm

Nice, y'all keep thinking that amendment to the ordinance is all about stemming the spread and NOT about the potential to make some money to pay for expenses.
Cuz since the advent of this pandemic, tax collection has taken a real serious hit, in particular income tax and VAT.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 1st, 2020, 8:11 pm

Numb3r4 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:are they at least using steroids or something in that ICU? i mean yes there isn't any approved treatment for the virus itself but can't they not treat symptoms?

Have a read:

On the basis of the preliminary report from the RECOVERY trial, the COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel (the Panel) recommends using dexamethasone 6 mg per day for up to 10 days or until hospital discharge, whichever comes first, for the treatment of COVID-19 in hospitalized patients who are mechanically ventilated (AI) and in hospitalized patients who require supplemental oxygen but who are not mechanically ventilated (BI).
The Panel recommends against using dexamethasone for the treatment of COVID-19 in patients who do not require supplemental oxygen (AI).
If dexamethasone is not available, the Panel recommends using alternative glucocorticoids such as prednisone, methylprednisolone, or hydrocortisone (see Additional Considerations below for dosing recommendations) (AIII).

However in some cases steroids can harm the patient which is why they need to test to see if the patient will respond to it.

As with this article:

Treatment timing can dramatically lower risk of death or needing a ventilator, or raise it

A cheap and easy blood test for inflammation may help determine which COVID-19 patients will benefit from getting steroids.

It is clear that steroids doesn't help everyone and to determine who it helps requires testing? It begs the question are we or can we test?

From the Article:

Among 1,806 patients in the study admitted to Montefiore’s four hospitals from March 11 to April 13, 140 were prescribed steroids. In 198 patients with levels of C-reactive protein of 20 milligrams per deciliter of blood or higher, steroid use reduced the chance of going a ventilator or dying by 77 percent, compared with those not taking the drugs. But in people whose C-reactive protein levels were 10mg/dL or lower, steroids increased the chance of death or ventilation by 2.64 to 3.14 times compared with those not taking the drug.

“Steroids are not appropriate for all. It’s just as important to avoid giving steroids to the people who may be harmed as it is to give steroids that may benefit,” Southern says.

when asked about treatment the CMO said it's just supportive care- what dat mean? just ventilator alone? as i said before, they said NO TREATMENTS WERE APPROVED!

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » September 1st, 2020, 8:20 pm

redmanjp wrote:when asked about treatment the CMO said it's just supportive care- what dat mean? just ventilator alone? as i said before, they said NO TREATMENTS WERE APPROVED!

supportive care is treatment of symptoms without treating the underlying cause. In this case, supportive care means treating the fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc, as they appear but not the underlying cause (SARS-CoV-2).

Things like panadol, steroids, back rubs and ambulation (walking around) are considered part of supportive care. Ventilators are an extreme example, but also considered part of the supportive care.
Last edited by paid_influencer on September 1st, 2020, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 1st, 2020, 8:24 pm

^ that sounds like mild cases. i was talking about persons in ICU, suffering from inflammation, cytokine storm etc. i hope they treat blood clots too with a blood thinner or something because that leads to strokes or heart attack
Last edited by redmanjp on September 1st, 2020, 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 1st, 2020, 8:25 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Some people went from claiming the virus is a hoax and that masks are oppressive to now claiming the numbers are lies and are much higher
Remember just before elections u was getting the few cases with 'unknown sources' the or 'pending epidemiological investigation' the that never got solved?

Those would be the cases that the system did not detect. So yes, there are far more people infected that the official. Stats would show.

Wear the mask, cause u will spread covid a little less Than if u don't. Don't wear it and rolwy will see Christmas this year.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 1st, 2020, 8:31 pm

^ if ppl doh wear it there won't be any Christmas for anybody- only freezer trucks park up outside Couva Hospital. the funeral business might be a good thing to get into by that time

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » September 1st, 2020, 8:35 pm

redmanjp wrote:^ that sounds like mild cases. i was talking about persons in ICU, suffering from inflammation, cytokine storm etc. i hope they treat blood clots too with a blood thinner or something because that leads to strokes or heart attack

it's still all supportive care. The ICU doctors are keeping your body from shutting down until you hopefully recover.

btw, has there ever been more than 6 listed as the number in ICU? I'm beginning to think 6 is the full capacity of ICU (not counting HDU).

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » September 1st, 2020, 8:36 pm

i not seeing this going a good way at all, on my way to work and home i saw majority of people wearing the mask below their nose and some even have it on their chin. I even saw a guy removed his mask completely to carry on a conversation with someone on the side of the road, the amount of times these average mask needs to be adjusted its insane

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 1st, 2020, 8:38 pm

redmanjp wrote:^ if ppl doh wear it there won't be any Christmas for anybody- only freezer trucks park up outside Couva Hospital. the funeral business might be a good thing to get into by that time

In that case, which contractor will get the "digging mass graves" wuk?

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1759 cases, 22 deaths, 1061 active, 676 discharged in T&T

Postby Ted_v2 » September 1st, 2020, 8:39 pm

tropi_flakes wrote:Morning fellas, anyone here still waiting on results after 14 days? My 14 up and when i contacted the center they stated they don't have my results at yet.

saw a similar post from someone on facebook.

went in for a other issue not covid, doctor decided to do the test and play safe even tho some symptoms was hit and miss
wrote 14 day sick leave, at the end of the sick leave, the results was lost or the test itself IDK but had to retake one and wait another 14 days. I still following this and would update once i get some info.

madness.

could imagine the workplace tho? people prob freaking out

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 1st, 2020, 8:42 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
redmanjp wrote:^ that sounds like mild cases. i was talking about persons in ICU, suffering from inflammation, cytokine storm etc. i hope they treat blood clots too with a blood thinner or something because that leads to strokes or heart attack

it's still all supportive care. The ICU doctors are keeping your body from shutting down until you hopefully recover.

btw, has there ever been more than 6 listed as the number in ICU? I'm beginning to think 6 is the full capacity of ICU (not counting HDU).

but still no drugs means very poor prognosis. the only hope right now besides prevention is Vitamin D to regulate the immune system- hopefully it works for high risk ppl too.
Last edited by redmanjp on September 1st, 2020, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » September 1st, 2020, 8:42 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:i not seeing this going a good way at all, on my way to work and home i saw majority of people wearing the mask below their nose and some even have it on their chin. I even saw a guy removed his mask completely to carry on a conversation with someone on the side of the road, the amount of times these average mask needs to be adjusted its insane

they need to put out some ads with people getting clout up if they pull down a mask to talk.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » September 1st, 2020, 8:48 pm

redmanjp wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:

but still no drugs means very poor prognosis. the only hops right now besides prevention is Vitamin D to regulate the immune system- hopefully it works for high risk ppl too.

I'm sure ICU patients are on a list of medication longer than this thread. It all falls under the supportive care definition the CMO mentioned.

ICU docs have to go through a specialization for ICU. They are not general practitioners. They are very good at keeping somebody alive, even though any patient sent to ICU by definition has a poor prognosis.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 1st, 2020, 8:49 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
Ted_v2 wrote:i not seeing this going a good way at all, on my way to work and home i saw majority of people wearing the mask below their nose and some even have it on their chin. I even saw a guy removed his mask completely to carry on a conversation with someone on the side of the road, the amount of times these average mask needs to be adjusted its insane

they need to put out some ads with people getting clout up if they pull down a mask to talk.

problem is they seeing politicians on TV taking off mask to talk- but i think they are supposed to be socially distancing when they do that but the common man not doing that either

also ttps haven't gotten their ticket books yet so they using moral suasion right now

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 1st, 2020, 9:03 pm

redmanjp wrote:^ if ppl doh wear it there won't be any Christmas for anybody- only freezer trucks park up outside Couva Hospital. the funeral business might be a good thing to get into by that time
Mortality was between 3 and 7% from date to state. There will still be a lot of people. At leat 1.3m persons.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 1st, 2020, 9:05 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:

but still no drugs means very poor prognosis. the only hops right now besides prevention is Vitamin D to regulate the immune system- hopefully it works for high risk ppl too.

I'm sure ICU patients are on a list of medication longer than this thread. It all falls under the supportive care definition the CMO mentioned.

ICU docs have to go through a specialization for ICU. They are not general practitioners. They are very good at keeping somebody alive, even though any patient sent to ICU by definition has a poor prognosis.
Is there a Method to exchange o2 and co2 in the blood like how a dialysis machine woeks for cleaning the blood?

sMASH
TunerGod

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1759 cases, 22 deaths, 1061 active, 676 discharged in T&T

Postby sMASH » September 1st, 2020, 9:07 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:
tropi_flakes wrote:Morning fellas, anyone here still waiting on results after 14 days? My 14 up and when i contacted the center they stated they don't have my results at yet.

saw a similar post from someone on facebook.

went in for a other issue not covid, doctor decided to do the test and play safe even tho some symptoms was hit and miss
wrote 14 day sick leave, at the end of the sick leave, the results was lost or the test itself IDK but had to retake one and wait another 14 days. I still following this and would update once i get some info.

madness.

could imagine the workplace tho? people prob freaking out
Mistakes will happen with the best of systems too. Extra work load will just strsin them more. It is what it is.

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » September 1st, 2020, 9:20 pm

Numbers looking small, comparatively.

Don't trust it.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » September 1st, 2020, 9:22 pm

redmanjp wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:

Have a read:

As with this article:

From the Article:

when asked about treatment the CMO said it's just supportive care- what dat mean? just ventilator alone? as i said before, they said NO TREATMENTS WERE APPROVED!

Maybe different Doctors and countries have different treatment options, depends on what is available.
Maybe there are no approved treatments because they don't have the supplies, or as the article said they can't determine who said drugs would work best for.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 1st, 2020, 9:39 pm

Numb3r4 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:

Have a read:

As with this article:

From the Article:

Maybe different Doctors and countries have different treatment options, depends on what is available.
Maybe there are no approved treatments because they don't have the supplies, or as the article said they can't determine who said drugs would work best for.
There are no approved treatments because there have been only limited successes but no widespread successes with any drugs currently available and used for treatment, including remdesivir, hydroxychloroquine and blood plasma.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”