TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 141 cases, 8 deaths, 124 discharged in T&T

Postby Country_Bookie » July 23rd, 2020, 2:51 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:More news from rumorville....which i feel is a hoax, a std5 student from central tested positive...most likey details would be released later on
Today have plenty fake news going around. Even heard about sanitising at home store and ramesh and Leela in San Juan... and ppl speculating it's another case from the area. Could just be these places taking precautions in case the infected person visited their establishment.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 23rd, 2020, 2:55 pm

^ perhaps, unless they saw ppl in full PPE from head to toe

but 2 confirmed cases not linked to each other likely means there are others out there who haven't been tested yet

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 23rd, 2020, 3:03 pm

They need to ban Facebook and WatsApp in this country, too many Trinis like rural Americans are going to these social media sites for their "news"

Because to the illiterate masses, conspiracy theories tend to feed into their lizard brain, conspiracy theories require far less thinking than actual science.

50% of this country thinks Covid is a Hoax and The Earth is Flat
Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on July 23rd, 2020, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » July 23rd, 2020, 3:04 pm

Country_Bookie wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:More news from rumorville....which i feel is a hoax, a std5 student from central tested positive...most likey details would be released later on
Today have plenty fake news going around. Even heard about sanitising at home store and ramesh and Leela in San Juan... and ppl speculating it's another case from the area. Could just be these places taking precautions in case the infected person visited their establishment.

Actually I've heard the 139 primary contact (who tested negative mind you) may have visited Ramesh and Leela over the weekend. I guess they're taking extra precautions now.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 23rd, 2020, 3:11 pm

There might be some truth to that . I called my welder this morning to do some work and he is quarantined along with his family . Apparently his mother was one of the latest and he visits her everyday . They are from Aranguez . He rents an apartment from me but his estranged wife and kids live there so I'm waiting to hear the rest later .

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 23rd, 2020, 3:18 pm

rspann wrote:There might be some truth to that . I called my welder this morning to do some work and he is quarantined along with his family . Apparently his mother was one of the latest and he visits her everyday . They are from Aranguez . He rents an apartment from me but his estranged wife and kids live there so I'm waiting to hear the rest later .

Be careful that you don't have to end up being tested, eh.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » July 23rd, 2020, 4:38 pm

FB_IMG_1595534918177.jpeg

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » July 23rd, 2020, 5:10 pm

pugboy wrote:coast guard say they have been keeping them at the heliport in chaguaramas, at least the ones they ketch at sea.

But if the ones who here already start showing up positive they may just let them into the regular locations, caura etc
of course it would be an uproar if they overload the system whilst trinis sucking salt

redmanjp wrote:
aaron17 wrote:So when the place full of immigrants in the quarantine areas.. we shall see
Remember is we tax payers money...
But the borders are porous ..so that it what the position we in atm

if it's fulling up with them send them back- if trinis can't come in their own country venez shouldn't

it cheaper to drag them back on the boat they came in to the middle of the ocean and sink the boat, they can swim back to vene or TT and if they survive they can stay.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 141 cases, 8 deaths, 124 discharged in T&T

Postby MaxPower » July 23rd, 2020, 5:13 pm

screwbash wrote:it cheaper to drag them back on the boat they came in to the middle of the ocean and sink the boat, they can swim back to vene or TT and if they survive they can stay.

“We’re alot better than that” - Dr. Keith Rowley

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » July 23rd, 2020, 5:14 pm

screwbash wrote:it cheaper to drag them back on the boat they came in to the middle of the ocean and sink the boat, they can swim back to vene or TT and if they survive they can stay.

Disgusting, but I guess this is the criminal mentality we've grown accustomed to.

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » July 23rd, 2020, 5:18 pm

Covid ain't no hoax, but our politicians too proud to admit the country in a sheet state and covid will sink us if we don't adhere to health protocols.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » July 23rd, 2020, 5:21 pm

it have quite a few forum users who are disgusting like that. I am always left wondering just how mentally deficient they are in real life that they're desperately trying to make it up on the internet by seeming big, bad, racist, psychopaths. It have a few names to call, but they and most other Tuners already know who they are.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 23rd, 2020, 5:30 pm

if they put heavy fines/jail on the local boatmen as well as seize the boats it would make a serious dent
but them cops/cg enjoying the lil bribes down there

I hear is usd they get paid in

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 23rd, 2020, 5:40 pm

why they doh send the military to guard those unofficial borders- or do we need ah SOE to do that

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 23rd, 2020, 5:41 pm

screwbash wrote:
pugboy wrote:coast guard say they have been keeping them at the heliport in chaguaramas, at least the ones they ketch at sea.

But if the ones who here already start showing up positive they may just let them into the regular locations, caura etc
of course it would be an uproar if they overload the system whilst trinis sucking salt

redmanjp wrote:
aaron17 wrote:So when the place full of immigrants in the quarantine areas.. we shall see
Remember is we tax payers money...
But the borders are porous ..so that it what the position we in atm

if it's fulling up with them send them back- if trinis can't come in their own country venez shouldn't

it cheaper to drag them back on the boat they came in to the middle of the ocean and sink the boat, they can swim back to vene or TT and if they survive they can stay.

You remind me of my UNC neighbor, he used to say the same thing about African people, infact he admired and worshiped Hitler he was one of the very few people who had a photo of Hitler proudly performing the Sieg Heil salute in his puja place, and when the US military were caught torturing people in Guantánamo Bay or blowing up old people in Iraq and shooting villagers goats and other livestock he laughed at it proudly and claimed they should do worse because he doesn't considers those Indians to be people because according to him they were "Madingas"

His faith didn't end well tho he died a pretty painful death from diabetes complications after living a miserable life of drinking rum
Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on July 23rd, 2020, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 23rd, 2020, 5:46 pm

https://newsday.co.tt/2020/07/23/health-ministry-odpm-work-on-hurricane-shelter-protocol/

Health Ministry, ODPM work on hurricane shelter protocol
NARISSA FRASER 2 HRS AGO

AS THE threat of Tropical Storm Gonzalo becoming a hurricane continues to increase, Chief Medical Officer Dr Roshan Parasram said the Health Ministry is working closely with the Office of Disaster Preparedness and Management (ODPM). He was responding to questions from the media at the ministry’s virtual press briefing on Thursday morning.

The Met Office, in a media release posted on its website, said that on Gonzalo's current trajectory, it is expected to approach the Windward Islands late Friday into Saturday and is expected to strengthen to a hurricane by Thursday.

Asked what would be the protocol for relief shelters – should anyone have to use them – he said, “We have been working with local government and the ODPM for quite a while now with the same question in mind.

"Because it’s an emergency, people are going to need to come to a shelter as a safe haven and you can’t really – as somebody comes – say, ‘you are ill, you can’t come in.’ So it’s a different way we have to deal with it and we have sections set out.”

Parasram said they will ensure there are “places set out” where they can treat ill people, adding that the gene expert machines/cartridges in which covid19 tests can be completed within 45 minutes.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » July 23rd, 2020, 6:00 pm

Were we ever able to accommodate folks for COVID-19 treatment of were we just blundering along with what we have?

Why I ask is that if we couldn't do with no storm, how exactly are we expected to do it with a storm putting added stress on the entire system?

Why haven't we converted our sporting facilities into shelters? Wasn't the Taruba stadium built with that in mind? You see it abroad with High School Gymnasiums and fields being converted into field hospitals.

Now I understand that the stadia here are open to the elements but can't the defence force construct some kind of tent complex of field hospital or sorts?

Also what about the homeless shelter the defence force built in PoS? Was it used? I think I know the answer but I'm asking anyway.
Last edited by Numb3r4 on July 23rd, 2020, 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 23rd, 2020, 6:04 pm

Les Bain wrote:Covid ain't no hoax, but our politicians too proud to admit the country in a sheet state and covid will sink us if we don't adhere to health protocols.

141 cases and 9 deaths out of 1.4m people.... we have marvelous stats. police kill more people than covid.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 23rd, 2020, 6:05 pm

Numb3r4 wrote:Were we ever able to accommodate folks for COVID-19 treatment of were we just blundering along with what we have?

Why I ask is that if we couldn't do with no storm, how exactly are we expected to do it with a storm putting added stress on the entire system?

Why haven't we converted our sporting facilities into shelters? Wasn't the Taruba stadium built with that in mind? You see it abroad with High School Gymnasiums and fields being converted into field hospitals.

Now I understand that the stadia here are open to the elements but can' the defence force construct some kind of tent complex of field hospital or sorts?

cpl dawgg. we need cpl.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » July 23rd, 2020, 6:16 pm

Oh right CPL, forgot about that.

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » July 23rd, 2020, 6:19 pm

sMASH wrote:
Les Bain wrote:Covid ain't no hoax, but our politicians too proud to admit the country in a sheet state and covid will sink us if we don't adhere to health protocols.

141 cases and 9 deaths out of 1.4m people.... we have marvelous stats. police kill more people than covid.

I stand educated. The police killings shut down the country for some months and wiped out more businesses too.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 23rd, 2020, 6:28 pm

gg only studying why cmo not allowing he son to kick ball now
man basket toting heavy

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 23rd, 2020, 6:47 pm

pugboy wrote:gg only studying why cmo not allowing he son to kick ball now
man basket toting heavy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I saw that as well. he is doing everything to get the CMO to change his mind.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 23rd, 2020, 7:04 pm

he showing his idiotism here
all team sports around the world have been curtailed or played in biosecure stadium

he claiming because they young they are at no risk
really poor reasoning, lorse real stripes with that nonsense

bluefete wrote:
pugboy wrote:gg only studying why cmo not allowing he son to kick ball now
man basket toting heavy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I saw that as well. he is doing everything to get the CMO to change his mind.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 23rd, 2020, 9:11 pm

Les Bain wrote:
sMASH wrote:

I stand educated. The police killings shut down the country for some months and wiped out more businesses too.

9 people dying did not shut down the country, rowley did. :lol:

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » July 23rd, 2020, 9:44 pm

aaron17 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
Country_Bookie wrote:Anyone knows where selling face shields?

masks are more effective.
U have masks for eyes bro?

https://www.thelocal.ch/20200715/only-t ... ce-shields

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » July 23rd, 2020, 10:02 pm

meccalli wrote:

Disgusting, but I guess this is the criminal mentality we've grown accustomed to.
We need an ignore button for idiots like him. When the lockdown now started, this screwbash clown was asking on the forum for cheap venes to do his construction work for him. Then he was asking where he could find vene ho's since all his usual spots closed. So the venes is a good thing for him when he wants to take advantage of them, exploit them for cheap labour and exploit victims of human trafficking. If they don't serve his selfish purposes then he advocates mass murder of them.

Regardless of your position on immigration, this is the type of nonsense we shouldn't tolerate. Just think how you'd feel if the Americans and canadians said the same about trinis who migrate to their countries.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » July 23rd, 2020, 10:22 pm

Aranguez people can chime in but my info thus far is as follows : Tru Value, Ramesh and leela, Home and Garden, Better Deal supermarket and other stores were closed and are in the process of being closed. Person in question is said to be from satar street and has been in other areas

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » July 23rd, 2020, 10:55 pm

Country_Bookie wrote:We need an ignore button for idiots like him. When the lockdown now started, this screwbash clown was asking on the forum for cheap venes to do his construction work for him. Then he was asking where he could find vene ho's since all his usual spots closed. So the venes is a good thing for him when he wants to take advantage of them, exploit them for cheap labour and exploit victims of human trafficking. If they don't serve his selfish purposes then he advocates mass murder of them.

Regardless of your position on immigration, this is the type of nonsense we shouldn't tolerate. Just think how you'd feel if the Americans and canadians said the same about trinis who migrate to their countries.

that not unique to screwbash though. He is a product of his national culture. The Trinidadian moral is to outsmart and exploit people and if you get away with it - you deserve the spoils. We have never respected the lives of others.

The problem is much deeper than the lack of an ignore button. Somehow we have to figure out how to change the historical culture of 1.3 million people. We have to influence them, but how do we convince politicians to pay for that?

COVID doh care tho :drinking:

Bought one of these thermometers for $400 for my home use. working very well, quick and accurate reading.
Attachments
109135393_3359825530748232_7229366283935892434_n.jpg

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 24th, 2020, 1:13 am

sMASH wrote:
Les Bain wrote:
sMASH wrote:

9 people dying did not shut down the country, rowley did. :lol:

u realize that with exponential increase, that 9 would have been 900 by now if drastic action wasn't taken

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”