3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby Dave » March 4th, 2020, 10:07 am

Shoots and Mt. Hope?

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » March 5th, 2020, 10:19 am

Checked them yesterday. They have one. The X830F. 70 inch for $19k. It's a decent set but way over priced for what you get. Thinking about bringing in either the X900f or X950G at 65 inches. Both offer better performance for gaming, newer models and cheaper by 5-10k landed. Only thing is warranty

fanbelt
Ricer

Postby fanbelt » April 16th, 2020, 12:28 am

Was browsing the forum and came across this thread, just sharing my set up.

Panamax M5400PM Power Conditioner.
LG 75" 4K HDR UHD AI ThinQ TV - 8'00" Viewing Distance From Couch.
MARANTZ SR8012 11.2 Surround AV Receiver Internal Amps Powering Surround, Surround Back & Front Height
AC Infinity S10 Front Exhaust Cooling Fan System.
DBX Drive Rack PA2 Speaker Management On Front L&R Only.
Crown Xl-i 2500 Class AB Amplifier 2 Channel Stereo Front L&R Channels Only.
Behringer NU1000DSP Class D Amplifier 2 channel Bridged on Front Center Channel Only.
Behringer NU6000DSP Class D Amplifier 2 Channel Stereo on Subwoofers.
Klipsch RP-8000F Tower Speakers - Front L&R
Klipsch RP-504C Center Channel Speaker
Onkyo THX 2-Way Speakers - Surround, Surround Back & Front Height
2 x Digital Designs 3515 Subwoofers tuned to 28Hz, Custom Enclosures - Aeroport with Plugs optional.
Auralex MoPAD Monitor Isolation Pads on all speakers.
Auralex SubDude-HT Isolation Platform under each Subwoofer.

Apple TV4K - Apple Music for 2 channel playback
- Netflix Premium Ultra HD
- Amazon Prime Video
Windows PC with Intel processor, graphics & sound for
- YouTube 4k playback
- Optional Netflix 4k Playback
- Movie download playback
PS4 PRO For Gaming

Subs on either side of couch

Speaker Layout & available playback formats.

Cheers!

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » April 16th, 2020, 12:46 am

Congratulations man...that's one killer HT. Must be loads of fun... Like you link up with Streamline... I know they deal in Klipsch and Marantz
fanbelt wrote:Was browsing the forum and came across this thread, just sharing my set up.

Panamax M5400PM Power Conditioner.
LG 75" 4K HDR UHD AI ThinQ TV - 8'00" Viewing Distance From Couch.
MARANTZ SR8012 11.2 Surround AV Receiver Internal Amps Powering Surround, Surround Back & Front Height
AC Infinity S10 Front Exhaust Cooling Fan System.
DBX Drive Rack PA2 Speaker Management On Front L&R Only.
Crown Xl-i 2500 Class AB Amplifier 2 Channel Stereo Front L&R Channels Only.
Behringer NU1000DSP Class D Amplifier 2 channel Bridged on Front Center Channel Only.
Behringer NU6000DSP Class D Amplifier 2 Channel Stereo on Subwoofers.
Klipsch RP-8000F Tower Speakers - Front L&R
Klipsch RP-504C Center Channel Speaker
Onkyo THX 2-Way Speakers - Surround, Surround Back & Front Height
2 x Digital Designs 3515 Subwoofers tuned to 28Hz, Custom Enclosures - Aeroport with Plugs optional.
Auralex MoPAD Monitor Isolation Pads on all speakers.
Auralex SubDude-HT Isolation Platform under each Subwoofer.

Apple TV4K - Apple Music for 2 channel playback
- Netflix Premium Ultra HD
- Amazon Prime Video
Windows PC with Intel processor, graphics & sound for
- YouTube 4k playback
- Optional Netflix 4k Playback
- Movie download playback
PS4 PRO For Gaming

Subs on either side of couch

Speaker Layout & available playback formats.

Cheers!

fanbelt
Ricer

Postby fanbelt » April 16th, 2020, 6:27 am

Gladiator wrote:Congratulations man...that's one killer HT. Must be loads of fun... Like you link up with Streamline... I know they deal in Klipsch and Marantz

Thanks man, been dealing with Michael from Streamline Systems a couple years now. They actually have a proper listening room with Klipsch, Emotiva & SVS.

I will highly recommend them, best customer service, genuine advice and they actually honour a warranty without the run around!

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 16th, 2020, 8:45 am

fanbelt, That is one sweet setup. What's driving the surround and front height speaker?

fanbelt
Ricer

Postby fanbelt » April 16th, 2020, 9:48 am

carluva wrote:fanbelt, That is one sweet setup. What's driving the surround and front height speaker?

Thanks man,

The Marantz AV Receiver has 11 powered channels. So I use the pre-outs for Front L,R & C and the Internal amplifiers for the surround.

Its very capable for me. I don't see the need at this point for any external amplification.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » April 16th, 2020, 9:58 am

Yup their customer service is really at a high standard
fanbelt wrote:
Gladiator wrote:Congratulations man...that's one killer HT. Must be loads of fun... Like you link up with Streamline... I know they deal in Klipsch and Marantz

Thanks man, been dealing with Michael from Streamline Systems a couple years now. They actually have a proper listening room with Klipsch, Emotiva & SVS.

I will highly recommend them, best customer service, genuine advice and they actually honour a warranty without the run around!

kaiger
Riding on 13's

Postby kaiger » April 16th, 2020, 11:34 am

We prioritize service and support before sales closing, having a mechanic send me this thread via WhatsApp shows it works
X_Factor wrote:Yup their customer service is really at a high standard
fanbelt wrote:

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 16th, 2020, 11:40 am

fanbelt wrote:
carluva wrote:fanbelt, That is one sweet setup. What's driving the surround and front height speaker?

Thanks man,

The Marantz AV Receiver has 11 powered channels. So I use the pre-outs for Front L,R & C and the Internal amplifiers for the surround.

Its very capable for me. I don't see the need at this point for any external amplification.

Seen. Enjoy it to the max, especially in these time when you have to be home. Any opportunity I have to enjoy my setup, I take it, but the reality is that with the routine of life and kids prevents that from happening frequently.

pesh
Riding on 13's

Postby pesh » April 28th, 2020, 2:59 pm

Good day, can anyone recommend a good receiver to power ( I believe this is the model) Onkyo HT-S 6300 speakers ? The Onkyo receiver was damaged & I'm looking for a decent receiver. Thanks for any assistance!

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 28th, 2020, 3:54 pm

pesh wrote:Good day, can anyone recommend a good receiver to power ( I believe this is the model) Onkyo HT-S 6300 speakers ? The Onkyo receiver was damaged & I'm looking for a decent receiver. Thanks for any assistance!

what's your budget?

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » April 28th, 2020, 8:04 pm

pesh wrote:Good day, can anyone recommend a good receiver to power ( I believe this is the model) Onkyo HT-S 6300 speakers ? The Onkyo receiver was damaged & I'm looking for a decent receiver. Thanks for any assistance!
X2. Also looking for a small surround sound reciever to replace a pioneer vsxd209. If I can get a pre amplifier with a sub output, I can make that work. Looking to spend as least as possible but if I see something that I like I would spend accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » April 28th, 2020, 8:25 pm

Aye Fanbelt.... I think your L/R speakers are upside down.... was that by design.... :)

fanbelt wrote:Was browsing the forum and came across this thread, just sharing my set up.

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » April 28th, 2020, 8:30 pm

He probably wanted a more direct throw. The entertainment center probably high already.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 28th, 2020, 8:56 pm

I guess he set it up for his seated position

pesh
Riding on 13's

Postby pesh » April 28th, 2020, 9:26 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

what's your budget?

Duane, between 2k - 3k...

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 28th, 2020, 10:26 pm

pesh wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

what's your budget?

for TT$2000 to TT$3000 that gonna be tough for a 7.1 to match your speakers unless you buy it used

There's this Sony STR-DH790 7.2-ch on Amazon for US$278.00
https://www.amazon.com/Sony-STR-DH790-7 ... 079YW5VQL/

Or this refurbished Yamaha TSR-7810 7.2 ch 4K with Atmos for US$361.44
https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-TSR-7810- ... 07TM13RTP/

You will get 5.1 for cheaper, but then you end up with 2 unused speakers in your setup

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » April 29th, 2020, 7:57 am

pesh wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

what's your budget?

The new pricesmart onkyo’s might be the same price . I had one and when it went bad ended up just buying a newer version but when I have time I really have to open up the old one and see what was the issue

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » April 29th, 2020, 8:24 am

Onkyo quality isnt what it use to be

Power supplies have gotten smaller and they dont have that solid sound as in past models

But you get what you pay for in a budget line

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » April 29th, 2020, 10:37 am

I have had bad experiences with Onkyo... the sound quality was quite good on the TX NR 535 however after a couple months of use it began to go into self protect. Then eventually it refused to remain on for more than 10 minutes.

Purchased it online and shipping back to the seller for warranty was almost the cost of the unit itself.

Ended up buying a DENON and was quite pleased.

pesh
Riding on 13's

Postby pesh » April 29th, 2020, 10:49 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
pesh wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

what's your budget?

for TT$2000 to TT$3000 that gonna be tough for a 7.1 to match your speakers unless you buy it used

There's this Sony STR-DH790 7.2-ch on Amazon for US$278.00
https://www.amazon.com/Sony-STR-DH790-7 ... 079YW5VQL/

Or this refurbished Yamaha TSR-7810 7.2 ch 4K with Atmos for US$361.44
https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-TSR-7810- ... 07TM13RTP/

You will get 5.1 for cheaper, but then you end up with 2 unused speakers in your setup

Duane, will prefer to buy something new than refurbished, I was actually looking at the Sony you suggested, will this match my speakers/drive them properly? Also, can you suggest some more options? I just want to make sure I buy a proper av receiver that isn't underpowering my satellites/sub...

Info from behind satellites - 110W / 8ohms

Info from behind sub - 163W

pesh
Riding on 13's

Postby pesh » April 29th, 2020, 10:52 am

Kenjo wrote:
pesh wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

what's your budget?

The new pricesmart onkyo’s might be the same price . I had one and when it went bad ended up just buying a newer version but when I have time I really have to open up the old one and see what was the issue

Kenjo, thanks, didn't know Pricesmart had Onkyo av receivers! Is this the Pricesmart at Price Plaza?

pesh
Riding on 13's

Postby pesh » April 29th, 2020, 10:55 am

SR wrote:Onkyo quality isnt what it use to be

Power supplies have gotten smaller and they dont have that solid sound as in past models

But you get what you pay for in a budget line

SR, thanks for input! Hopefully i can find something within that budget :roll:

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » April 29th, 2020, 11:02 am

If the receiver was damaged, is it so bad that it can't be repaired? Check out an electronics repair place, could be a simple fix in the end, simpler than buying something else but you won't get the same quality. Could be something like micro-solder replacing a microchip and capacitor which could be found real cheap online. I believe there is even a power seller on the forums advertising micro-soldering services.

pesh
Riding on 13's

Postby pesh » April 29th, 2020, 11:07 am

Gladiator wrote:I have had bad experiences with Onkyo... the sound quality was quite good on the TX NR 535 however after a couple months of use it began to go into self protect. Then eventually it refused to remain on for more than 10 minutes.

Purchased it online and shipping back to the seller for warranty was almost the cost of the unit itself.

Ended up buying a DENON and was quite pleased.

Gladiator, came across this Denon brand a couple times on Amazon & seems good, the av receiver i want to purchase doesn't have to be Onkyo.

Also, the damaged receiver I have is powering on & everything, getting video but no audio output. From what i tried researching online, they showed that there is a chip that overheats (believe it's the DTS chip)... I saw videos where they used (i think thermal paste) and installed a heatsink ontop of the chip & it worked.

I also seen many Onkyo receivers with this overheating issue, so a different brand wont hurt.

pesh
Riding on 13's

Postby pesh » April 29th, 2020, 11:13 am

maj. tom wrote:If the receiver was damaged, is it so bad that it can't be repaired? Check out an electronics repair place, could be a simple fix in the end, simpler than buying something else but you won't get the same quality. Could be something like micro-solder replacing a microchip and capacitor which could be found real cheap online. I believe there is even a power seller on the forums advertising micro-soldering services.

maj.tom , maybe it's an easy fix, not sure but , Iv'e powered on this damaged Onkyo receiver & without playing anything, it gets really hot! I was surprised the amount of heat it was pushing.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » April 29th, 2020, 11:30 am

Right, so carry it to a repair store. Nobody expects you to repair it yourself.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » April 29th, 2020, 11:34 am

i have a toshiba 55" smart tv in a open area, had a logitech z5500 hooked up to it and that worked pretty good but did some construction and the z5500 got screwed because i wasnt there to take it down before the workers get started

ordered this to try it out

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H1 ... UTF8&psc=1

Polk Audio Signa S2 Ultra-Slim TV Sound Bar | Works with 4K & HD TVs | Wireless Subwoofer | Includes HDMI & Optical Cables | Bluetooth Enabled, Black

probably doesnt suit a open area but it has to work better than the onboard sound on the tv

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » April 29th, 2020, 11:37 am

pesh wrote:
maj. tom wrote:If the receiver was damaged, is it so bad that it can't be repaired? Check out an electronics repair place, could be a simple fix in the end, simpler than buying something else but you won't get the same quality. Could be something like micro-solder replacing a microchip and capacitor which could be found real cheap online. I believe there is even a power seller on the forums advertising micro-soldering services.

maj.tom , maybe it's an easy fix, not sure but , Iv'e powered on this damaged Onkyo receiver & without playing anything, it gets really hot! I was surprised the amount of heat it was pushing.

Yes this issue seems to be the same with most of them . I’m not home right now to give the exact model I had but I originally bought I think from a power seller here and the unit did last quite a few years but it was more convenient for me to just buy the new one at pricesmart . Radio shack used to have some repair service or warranty with onkyo also but they no longer exist

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”