TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Tech Thread - Nissan Frontier, Navara, Pathfinder.

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
hindian
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: Tech Thread - Nissan Frontier, Navara, Pathfinder.

Postby hindian » December 22nd, 2019, 3:51 pm

Yea fellas I looking for one of these rims to complete a set urgently. Thanks
Screenshot_2019-11-23-12-37-18.jpeg

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » December 24th, 2019, 9:54 am

I have a set of the NP300 if you interested...

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 3rd, 2020, 7:33 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:Fellas this is a long thread.
Sold my l200 recently and jumping back into the 4wd game.
Getting a good price on a bone stock Navara 2013, one owner, low mileage @ just below 120k kms.

Anything I should look out for?
So far the vehicle appears to be in excellent condition.
Brake pedal feels a little soft, but that's the only thing I picked up in my short test drive.

My mech will be giving it a proper go-over before I buy.
Sale ended up falling thru. Feel like i dodged a bullet. I'm currently in the nav WhatsApp group for info and men seeing real problems from blown turbos to transmissions. Suspect a lot of these are poorly maintained based on some questions the owners ask.

Found a couple "low mileage" ones, but they were suspect. Eg 5 years old, three owners, 80k mileage? That equation kinda off in my experience.

:/

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 3rd, 2020, 7:47 pm

it have a turbo repair shop always posting on fb. if u want, u can contact them to find out what comes in to repair most often, and why.

Keyser Soze
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Keyser Soze » January 8th, 2020, 3:39 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:Fellas this is a long thread.
Sold my l200 recently and jumping back into the 4wd game.
Getting a good price on a bone stock Navara 2013, one owner, low mileage @ just below 120k kms.

Anything I should look out for?
So far the vehicle appears to be in excellent condition.
Brake pedal feels a little soft, but that's the only thing I picked up in my short test drive.

My mech will be giving it a proper go-over before I buy.
Sale ended up falling thru. Feel like i dodged a bullet. I'm currently in the nav WhatsApp group for info and men seeing real problems from blown turbos to transmissions. Suspect a lot of these are poorly maintained based on some questions the owners ask.

Found a couple "low mileage" ones, but they were suspect. Eg 5 years old, three owners, 80k mileage? That equation kinda off in my experience.

:/

I have an 09 Nav doing 230000 kms, auto in excellent condition.
Serviced religiously and driven to and from POS 5 days a week.
in my opinion once serviced regularly these things are bulletproof.

DarkDragon
Riding on 13's

Postby DarkDragon » January 30th, 2020, 10:38 am

Anyone can tell me how long a d40 takes to warm up on mornings. I find mines takes a while before the needle reaches the halfway mark.

After I start i normally let warm up for approx 3 minutes, the needle does still be at cold mark. I have to drive for another 4 mins to reach the half mark. Is this normal?

Nissan_Man13
Riding on 13's

Postby Nissan_Man13 » February 6th, 2020, 7:10 pm

Has anyone changed the transmission fluid on the NP300? Where do you fill it?

medalist
3NE 2NR for life

Postby medalist » February 13th, 2020, 8:19 pm

Does anyone have a kn air filter in a np300. Would like to get part number. Also for the fuel filter is sakura good? What do you recommend for oil and oil filter

medalist
3NE 2NR for life

Postby medalist » May 10th, 2020, 1:47 pm

Does anyone in here have the np300 black and silver 18inch rim for sale?

ORION007
Riding on 13's

Postby ORION007 » May 10th, 2020, 6:31 pm

Good afternoon fellers (and ladies if any) I recently bought a used Navara, the vehicle drove and performed well for the first 4 months and there after I started to realize that I was getting some stuttering when driving and coming to a stop. It would happen sporadic and then stop. I changed oils and filters etc (servicing that cost me $$2,348) but that didn't make any difference. Then I started to notice that I was getting a hard start on mornings or if the vehicle is parked long, I'd have to tumble quite a bit to get it started. About a month ago a new mechanic (I felt the one before didn't know what he was doing) suggested that the diesel tank may need to be cleaned out so he did that and changed all the fuel filters as well, $650 later and it did not change a thing. The problem became progressively worst where while driving it is losing power, sputtering and a lot of black smoke. By last week Tuesday the vehicle was not starting at all, no fault codes are coming up but no matter how much you tumble the engine it won't start. Diesel is coming up from the pump and if you break/open all 4 injector lines on the fuel rail and tumble the fuel is spraying strong. We pulled out the 4 injectors and they "seem to be fine" from just looking at them (I have no way of actually knowing). 3 different mechanics, 2 electricians, many guesses and wasted monies later and the vehicle still won't start, everything "seems" fine but it just won't start... I'm at my whits and AH NEED HELP!!!

medalist
3NE 2NR for life

Postby medalist » May 19th, 2020, 3:01 pm

ORION007 wrote:Good afternoon fellers (and ladies if any) I recently bought a used Navara, the vehicle drove and performed well for the first 4 months and there after I started to realize that I was getting some stuttering when driving and coming to a stop. It would happen sporadic and then stop. I changed oils and filters etc (servicing that cost me $$2,348) but that didn't make any difference. Then I started to notice that I was getting a hard start on mornings or if the vehicle is parked long, I'd have to tumble quite a bit to get it started. About a month ago a new mechanic (I felt the one before didn't know what he was doing) suggested that the diesel tank may need to be cleaned out so he did that and changed all the fuel filters as well, $650 later and it did not change a thing. The problem became progressively worst where while driving it is losing power, sputtering and a lot of black smoke. By last week Tuesday the vehicle was not starting at all, no fault codes are coming up but no matter how much you tumble the engine it won't start. Diesel is coming up from the pump and if you break/open all 4 injector lines on the fuel rail and tumble the fuel is spraying strong. We pulled out the 4 injectors and they "seem to be fine" from just looking at them (I have no way of actually knowing). 3 different mechanics, 2 electricians, many guesses and wasted monies later and the vehicle still won't start, everything "seems" fine but it just won't start... I'm at my whits and AH NEED HELP!!!

Check this person. Heard about him on the Navara group on facebook. He may be able to sort you out.
3712684 Sean

kuldeep1
Riding on 13's

Postby kuldeep1 » July 16th, 2020, 9:07 pm

Hi guys, I'm new here. My dog bit off the ABS jacks from my left rear wheel, both the green Jack coming from the hub as well as the abs grey connector to go back to the engine.
Where can I get the green Jack to buy, otherwise, I may have to look for a left rear hub with the abs wire.
Thanks for the advice in advance

Stello
Riding on 13's

Postby Stello » September 16th, 2020, 4:03 pm

Guys,

Anyone need the rear MudGuards for the NP300.

Got an extra set for sale.

call 737-1122 if interested.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 26th, 2020, 2:37 pm

D22 frontier hearer switch, and anyone know what that switches does?

Black Scorpion
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Black Scorpion » September 26th, 2020, 5:27 pm

The switch on the right? Can be used to heat up the engine faster, safe to use, confirmed with massy tech.

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » September 26th, 2020, 6:28 pm

Can anyone here confirm that the replacement rotors for the rear of the 2009 Pathfinder is Part Number 43206-EA000.
Thanks.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 26th, 2020, 8:31 pm

Black Scorpion wrote:The switch on the right? Can be used to heat up the engine faster, safe to use, confirmed with massy tech.
How does it heat up the engine? Like what actions does it trigger?

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » September 26th, 2020, 8:50 pm

kavaninho wrote:Can anyone here confirm that the replacement rotors for the rear of the 2009 Pathfinder is Part Number 43206-EA000.
Thanks.

Send me your chassis number.

sMASH wrote:
Black Scorpion wrote:The switch on the right? Can be used to heat up the engine faster, safe to use, confirmed with massy tech.

It just steps up the engine..revs it up to 1,500 rpm iirc and holds it there to bring it up to operating temp faster. Once you put it in gear, the feature is disabled automatically, even if the switch is still on, until you neutralise or put it park again.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 26th, 2020, 9:09 pm

thanks man.

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » September 27th, 2020, 7:35 am

Joshie23 wrote:
kavaninho wrote:Can anyone here confirm that the replacement rotors for the rear of the 2009 Pathfinder is Part Number 43206-EA000.
Thanks.

Send me your chassis number.

sMASH wrote:

It just steps up the engine..revs it up to 1,500 rpm iirc and holds it there to bring it up to operating temp faster. Once you put it in gear, the feature is disabled automatically, even if the switch is still on, until you neutralise or put it park again.

See PM for Chassis number.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » September 27th, 2020, 1:38 pm

sMASH wrote:thanks man.

No worries. It's basically the electronic version to the throttle lever thing on the right side of the steering wheel on the QD/TD equipped Frontiers.

kavaninho wrote:See PM for Chassis number.

Replied.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 27th, 2020, 5:57 pm

that would come in usefull to keep the rpm high for the winch.

scorpion65
Riding on 13's

Postby scorpion65 » October 17th, 2020, 9:47 pm

Looking for a navara single mass flywheel

TrinbagoMan
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby TrinbagoMan » November 21st, 2020, 10:57 am

Anyone every changed the stock stereo in the Navara D40? Thinking of changing mine.

Please share what you changed it to, or some pictures.

dtrinishy
Riding on 13's

Postby dtrinishy » November 25th, 2020, 7:05 pm

Any pioneer double din will work
TrinbagoMan wrote:Anyone every changed the stock stereo in the Navara D40? Thinking of changing mine.

Please share what you changed it to, or some pictures.

Soca Warrior
Ricer

Postby Soca Warrior » November 26th, 2020, 12:33 pm

Looking for any help cause been trying for over a week and not finding what was needed.

The rear diff seal on my D40 is leaking so in an attempt to replace was advised that the wheel bearing needs to be changed. Got the bearings and the seal from Massy but the lock or retainer to lock them in I am having some problems to get.

Was told that it is normally cut off or heated and removed and would need to be replaced. Anyone can advise where I would be able to get one or advise as to where can press it out and replace with no issues.
Its a 4*4 model

Also looking for the the clip or pin that holds the rear brakes. Previous mechanic put it up wrong and broke the clip in the process.

Thanks in advance

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » January 1st, 2021, 10:18 am

Anyone changed their windshield washer fluids motor ?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 1st, 2021, 11:10 am

wind sheild bottle, can check foreign or scrap yard. otherwise i saw chinese generic replacement for like 150

diff, u might want to check scrap yard. i saw some kits online for diff servicing, but forums saying that what the kits i was checking came with, were not fitting well so they had to get them sized properly from bearing shops.

Black Scorpion
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Black Scorpion » January 1st, 2021, 12:25 pm

Hey where sells the replacement bottle?
sMASH wrote:wind sheild bottle, can check foreign or scrap yard. otherwise i saw chinese generic replacement for like 150

diff, u might want to check scrap yard. i saw some kits online for diff servicing, but forums saying that what the kits i was checking came with, were not fitting well so they had to get them sized properly from bearing shops.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 1st, 2021, 2:35 pm

Black Scorpion wrote:Hey where sells the replacement bottle?
sMASH wrote:wind sheild bottle, can check foreign or scrap yard. otherwise i saw chinese generic replacement for like 150

i saw it in a small parts place in la romain. so i suppose u could check around and see if any other place has, seems like a simple enough product that some places might take a few.

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”