TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Looking for a good DSP

Car Audio accessories for sale

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
• Negative comments or replies, lowballing or 'sale bashing' are NOT allowed in FS topics.
• Personal ads are FREE. Commercial Ads are not allowed without Powerseller Status. Posting items/property for rent is considered commercial.
• Powerseller status is for users who wish to post many items for sale, new or used.
• Even if you do not own a business but would like to post many items for sale, then Power Seller status is required.
• Users are limited to no more than 2 simultaneous Ads / FS (For Sale) topics per classified forum; powersellers are limited to no more than 4.
• Ads that have not been replied to after 180 days will be deleted.
Please click here to view the forum rules
hondajohn
Ricer

Looking for a good DSP

Postby hondajohn » May 26th, 2020, 8:19 pm

Hey tuners im looking for a good dsp for a good price cud be used but in mint comdition no issues preferably rockford, JL audio, helix etc.
Last edited by hondajohn on May 26th, 2020, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement
IDRC
Ricer

Re: Looking for a good DSP

Postby IDRC » May 27th, 2020, 7:18 am

Have a db drive edsp31v2 brand new $2400

hondajohn
Ricer

Postby hondajohn » May 27th, 2020, 6:07 pm

Bump

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » May 27th, 2020, 10:24 pm

u interested in a almost mint condition
dayton 408?

ameeraali

Postby ameeraali » May 29th, 2020, 12:00 am

Price

slickrick777
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby slickrick777 » May 30th, 2020, 6:27 pm

have a sealed rockford fosgate 360.3

flashpoint
Riding on 13's

Postby flashpoint » June 12th, 2020, 9:13 am

Have a kicker front row 1000 call 7346112
20200609_175536.jpeg

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » June 30th, 2020, 9:45 am

Have a brand new JL Audio TWK88 $2500 slightly negotiable

gfbl
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby gfbl » June 30th, 2020, 10:27 am

I have a helix dsp

Kasey
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Kasey » June 30th, 2020, 11:17 am

Time and time again, I have always said, in terms of price, NO CAR AUDIO PROCESSOR, ABSOLUTELY NONE, can compete with a good Pro audio processor. You get all that you want and LOTS more. Personally I find car processors VERY expensive for the little features that you get in them.

For example, a used Behringer DCX2496, goes for about $1000-$1600 used (a new one is about $2700). This particular processor has (yes, 24bit DSP) 6 INDEPENDANT, CONFIGURABLE outputs, crossovers, individual EQs (both graphic AND parametric), individual time alignment, individual variable phase shifters, INDIVIDUAL LEVEL CONTROL, INDIVIDUAL MUTING, and something that is particularly useful that most car men do not know about - individual limiters and compressors. It also has three independent configurable inputs (which has almost the same features as the outputs minus the crossovers). It even has a connection for a laptop for computer tuning.

FYI, the Compressor feature, once used correctly, can have your music sounding extremely smoother (especially if you like to listen to different genres of music). It gives the sound image a 'warmer' feel. The Limiter feature, once set properly, can protect your speakers from burning (you set your limit, and no matter how much the input is driven further, it does not send extra to the amps), and also mitigate against drastic modulations in the music. Anyone know of any car processor that has the compressor feature?

There are only 2 catches to using a Pro Audio processor in a car:
1) The space it will take up
2) You will have to install a SMALL 110v inverter.

Comments/ Corrections welcomed.

altec
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby altec » July 2nd, 2020, 1:55 pm

yuh know that is how it was back in de day....house/pro equipment stuck in de trunk.....

vct17inch
Street 2NR

Postby vct17inch » July 4th, 2020, 1:22 am

Kasey wrote:Time and time again, I have always said, in terms of price, NO CAR AUDIO PROCESSOR, ABSOLUTELY NONE, can compete with a good Pro audio processor. You get all that you want and LOTS more. Personally I find car processors VERY expensive for the little features that you get in them.

For example, a used Behringer DCX2496, goes for about $1000-$1600 used (a new one is about $2700). This particular processor has (yes, 24bit DSP) 6 INDEPENDANT, CONFIGURABLE outputs, crossovers, individual EQs (both graphic AND parametric), individual time alignment, individual variable phase shifters, INDIVIDUAL LEVEL CONTROL, INDIVIDUAL MUTING, and something that is particularly useful that most car men do not know about - individual limiters and compressors. It also has three independent configurable inputs (which has almost the same features as the outputs minus the crossovers). It even has a connection for a laptop for computer tuning.

FYI, the Compressor feature, once used correctly, can have your music sounding extremely smoother (especially if you like to listen to different genres of music). It gives the sound image a 'warmer' feel. The Limiter feature, once set properly, can protect your speakers from burning (you set your limit, and no matter how much the input is driven further, it does not send extra to the amps), and also mitigate against drastic modulations in the music. Anyone know of any car processor that has the compressor feature?

Those two disadvantages are the nail in it's coffin for alot of people. There are alot more persons who want processing in their daily driven vehicle than people who have dedicated music vehicles. Hence why small car audio DSPs have become popular. No matter what vehicle space always tends to ba a major factor

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » July 4th, 2020, 6:22 am

https://youtu.be/O5wA1sBQN2g

Many systems i have heard using this device with an inverter tend to have some sort of ground loop

Installed right it can be an option if there is space

An automotive dsp doesnt have any controls or displays and its all controlled via a computer using a usb cable as opposed to a rs232 computer cable.

Most laptops and computers do not come with a rs232 port anymore and you will have to get a usb to rs232 converter.

speedmelter
30 pounds of Boost

Postby speedmelter » July 4th, 2020, 9:08 pm

Kasey wrote:Time and time again, I have always said, in terms of price, NO CAR AUDIO PROCESSOR, ABSOLUTELY NONE, can compete with a good Pro audio processor. You get all that you want and LOTS more. Personally I find car processors VERY expensive for the little features that you get in them.

Not to mention the added benefit of having a freaking suitcase size piece of equipment proudly display.

Btw those features you listed are less than what most newer car audio processors offer

silence
Riding on 13's

Postby silence » July 5th, 2020, 10:31 am

slickrick777 wrote:have a sealed rockford fosgate 360.3

how much ?

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » July 6th, 2020, 10:08 am

speedmelter wrote:

Not to mention the added benefit of having a freaking suitcase size piece of equipment proudly display.

Btw those features you listed are less than what most newer car audio processors offer

LMAO

NATO1

Postby NATO1 » July 6th, 2020, 9:41 pm

Will my Mosconi 4 to 6 dsp sp-dif work? WhatsApp/ Call 7695060.
casper wrote:
speedmelter wrote:

LMAO

Kasey
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Kasey » July 6th, 2020, 10:33 pm

speedmelter wrote:

You have a really small suitcase bro. I never said it was practical in all situations. I guess my beef with the car audio processors is actually the price point. I can get a used pro audio processor with all the features listed and more for about $1500. I am sure I CANNOT get a used car processor that will be able to do what the $1500 pro audio processor can do for that price. And FYI, The features I listed are only SOME of the many more features.

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » July 10th, 2020, 3:20 pm

swear like u have shares in DBX bai :lol:

Rishizze
Ricer

Postby Rishizze » July 10th, 2020, 6:56 pm

What processor should I use with my Pioneer P99RS?

kavaninho
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby kavaninho » July 10th, 2020, 7:37 pm

Rishizze wrote:What processor should I use with my Pioneer P99RS?

Three PWM20's will work fine.

Rishizze
Ricer

Postby Rishizze » July 11th, 2020, 12:10 am

Why not 4? Deck has 4 pairs of output.

lowriderb13
Riding on 13's

Postby lowriderb13 » July 27th, 2020, 5:13 pm

Got a DQXS 2500
hondajohn wrote:Hey tuners im looking for a good dsp for a good price cud be used but in mint comdition no issues preferably rockford, JL audio, helix etc.

Advertisement

Return to “Car Audio Classifieds”