TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

L200 Sportero 4 wheel light blinking

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
GA16
Sweet on this forum

L200 Sportero 4 wheel light blinking

Postby GA16 » November 5th, 2016, 9:19 am

Hi all, as stated in subject line, my sportero suddenly has started showing a blinking 4 wheel light on the dash, anyone ever experience this and can shed some light on this for me, just to let you know, I tried using the 4 wheel system and putting it in forward and reverse a couple times whilst driving with it a bit, and the first time it cleared for a couple days, but now it would not clear at all, constantly blinking. any help/assistance would be greatly apprecialted, also can anyone confirm that the horn mechanism in the steering wheel is tied into the clock spring on the steering wheel, my abs light came on a couple weeks ago, now the horn only works whilst the steering wheel is turned in a specific location.

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Re: L200 Sportero 4 wheel light blinking

Postby tr1ad » November 5th, 2016, 9:21 am

In the L200 thread it has been discussed

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » November 5th, 2016, 3:38 pm

For the 4wd light, it could be a sticking/stuck actuator or a leaking vacuum line.
Mine started sticking intermittently after an underwash, but seems to have sorted itself. When the light came on with ignition, i'd just turn off the ignition, turn it back on before starting and it'd be gone. you would hear the actuator doing it's thing.

For the abs light/horn prob, my abs light came on randomly and stayed on and it turned out to be a faulty clockspring. easy enough to get. Local or imported frm the states.

GA16
Sweet on this forum

Postby GA16 » November 5th, 2016, 6:59 pm

Hi I unplugged and cleaned the contact points from the 4wd ecu under the dash and it went away, at least for now, will wait and see how that goes, do you know if the horn plugs into the same abs clock spring or is it on a separate cable?

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”