TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Used Pickup for Builder

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
bagobuilder
Riding on 13's

Used Pickup for Builder

Postby bagobuilder » March 9th, 2016, 10:16 am

Hey Gents,

Glad to join the forum. I am looking for a used pickup. I am partial to 4x4's but main concern is as a small businessman I need something that with regular maintenance will last me at least 5 years before needing to purchase another pickup as well as endure carrying wood(mainly 2x4's and ply), cement and tools(compactors, jack hammers, generators) to sites of various terrains. Furthermore, I intend to use it for family and it must say I am doing ok in my business.

The caveat is that I cannot spent over $80k(ideal is $60k) at the moment and I need it by Easter. Income after material and labour is approximately $150k to $180k per year.

I reside in Tobago and thus I have to factor cost to overnight in Trinidad for maintenance trips.

So far I see the Mazda B2500 ( Concerned about the age of this model and how long I can expect it to give me)
Mazda BT-50(I love it)
Ford Ranger (This was the first pickup I was exposed to so I have great affection for for it)
Toyota Hilux (Looks beautiful and I can learn to love it)
Mitsubishi L200 (urgg I hate how the older ones look but I can endure it)
Great Wall Wingle ( Considering it due to cost but I have many concerns because its Chinese made)

Best advice you guys can give me I appreciate it.

ru$$ell
30 pounds of Boost

Re: Used Pickup for Builder

Postby ru$$ell » March 9th, 2016, 12:30 pm

A single cab Hilux is prob your best bet

bagobuilder
Riding on 13's

Postby bagobuilder » March 9th, 2016, 3:54 pm

Single cab has problems with the use of child seat in the front and whole family can't fit in it.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » March 9th, 2016, 4:14 pm

Try to get a double cab 4x2 d22 frontier with either a td27 or a qd32
Should be within ur budget and be able to fulfill all ir needs for family use and business

bagobuilder
Riding on 13's

Postby bagobuilder » March 9th, 2016, 4:41 pm

Ok cool. I didnt consider the frontier but will look into getting one.

One question. Will the 4x2 model able to do the work needed? I thought 4x2 couldn't navigate well on hills and muddy slopes with significant loads?

Thanks... Just saw some 4x2 frontier and a really nice 4x4 frontier for $75k... What do you think?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » March 9th, 2016, 5:38 pm

I had single cab 4x2
A 2000 model with td27
Van had 4previous owners and over 500,000kms on the orignal engine and was sold in good working condition.

The previous owner used the same pick-up to build his whole house and sold it when the work was done.

I used it for construction transport and farming and only sold it because i needed a panel van.

U will have to figure out the terrain you have to face and if a 4x2 will meet the basics....but either way....you can get a 4x4 for within ur budget.

bagobuilder
Riding on 13's

Postby bagobuilder » March 9th, 2016, 6:36 pm

Thanks a lot guys...

Will post an update when I have finalised the purchase.

York
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby York » March 22nd, 2016, 9:01 am

There isnt much price difference with age on pickups, so try to get the newest model within ur budget. Check the engine properly, mileage and how it was used. Consider that 4wd is higher than 2wd and how that will affect your loading and offloading of van. If you really dont need 4wd, go with 2wd.

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”