TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Optima in Diesel pickup/SUV?

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
Tired Accord
Chronic TriniTuner

Optima in Diesel pickup/SUV?

Postby Tired Accord » November 9th, 2012, 6:45 am

Hello guys. I found two threads in here regarding battery choices. A Track N70 just conked out in my mom's Fortuner (after about 16 months+ with no service on the battery). I think the warranty was 18 months. I think it was like $12** for it in April 2010.

I am considering putting in an Optima in it and forget about ever having to buy a battery for it again since I have 2 others (D34) in 2 of my vehicles (Primera & Xtrail).

Anyone in here using Optima in their diesel pickup / SUV / panel van, and any other advice?

Tired Accord
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: Optima in Diesel pickup/SUV?

Postby Tired Accord » November 9th, 2012, 11:27 am

Never mind :(. I read a bit on some other forums about the Optima in diesel pickups in the US - and it was too many mixed reviews. I decided to go with a 16 plate 860 CA Rocket (unsealed) for $1095 from Laughlin. Only 12 months warranty on diesel engines though! :evil: :evil: :evil:

bad bird
Street 2NR

Re: Optima in Diesel pickup/SUV?

Postby bad bird » September 17th, 2019, 8:37 pm

Tired Accord wrote:Hello guys. I found two threads in here regarding battery choices. A Track N70 just conked out in my mom's Fortuner (after about 16 months+ with no service on the battery). I think the warranty was 18 months. I think it was like $12** for it in April 2010.

I am considering putting in an Optima in it and forget about ever having to buy a battery for it again since I have 2 others (D34) in 2 of my vehicles (Primera & Xtrail).

Anyone in here using Optima in their diesel pickup / SUV / panel van, and any other advice?

I got 8 years from a red top optima in a Frontier, however they cost more than the average battery but they work well.

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”