TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Daihatsu Terios

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
dtp
Trinituner Peong

Daihatsu Terios

Postby dtp » September 8th, 2012, 9:14 pm

hi guyz i am thinking about buying a 1997 Daihatsu Terios
just wanted to get some review or feedback on this vehicle
i no the newer models are co-built by Toyota

are parts easy to get

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Daihatsu Terios

Postby *KRONIK* » September 8th, 2012, 9:22 pm

DO NOT DO IT!

we have a 2004 diahatsu terios...

the only ting u can get for it outside of the firm are oil, oilfilter, spark plugs, and brake pads....
other than that.... u need to face the firm....and firm prices!
and ive tried sourcing parts from ppl who bring in parts from who bring in toyota parts....
nuttin...

yes the vehicle small, fits practically anywhere, 4wd, auto...but the cons definately outweigh the pros....

roti102
Street 2NR

Postby roti102 » September 9th, 2012, 1:17 am

Well first...........WRONG FORUM! If a Terios is a truck, I am shamed.

Second.............Why would anyone wanna buy something with that name? Terios?

sando
Riding on 13's

Postby sando » April 30th, 2014, 2:05 am

the new models work really great.......Toyota built...have one for 6 years and never got trouble with it....people only talk because they doh know but when you own one then you see how good this vehicle is....

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » May 2nd, 2014, 3:29 am

I will not recommend the older models as well. Was asking around about them and finding parts is an issue..

Look around for a Suzuki Jimny if you interested in a small 4x4.

sando
Riding on 13's

Postby sando » May 5th, 2014, 10:39 pm

you will enjoy a terios more than a jimny.....more space,smoother ride,more power,the new models come with a 1500cc vvt engine and I get about a little over 400km to the tank.....the parts are more durable,remember the new models are Toyota built.......will outperform a jimny anyday.......

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » May 6th, 2014, 11:39 pm

sando wrote:you will enjoy a terios more than a jimny.....more space,smoother ride,more power,the new models come with a 1500cc vvt engine and I get about a little over 400km to the tank.....the parts are more durable,remember the new models are Toyota built.......will outperform a jimny anyday.......

How did you come to that conclusion? Have you ever seen what it takes to break those Zukis off road? The Jimny comes solid axle front, the Terios is independent front.. I'd give the Jimny the edge in terms of strength and reliability, especially when off roading..

The new Terios is a better daily driver by far than the new Jimny, but this thread isn't really about that..

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » May 8th, 2014, 8:44 am

OP, i would say the Terios is one tough lil slugger, know some one who rolled his, repaired it, then crashed it again and repaired it again, all using FU body parts, he even bought a complete front half with eng and trans one time......

parts he get from the firm, but he doesnt really check any where else, they just like to go TTTL and spend money, but its a simple lil jeep, with switchable 4WD it can still do alot, and trust me this guy has pushed his van, it works......

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”